• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

"AFTER ART" NEWSLETTER

Started by Marc.Knight, July 08, 2009, 06:02:39 PM

Marc.Knight

I'd like to start an internal newsletter of sorts here, emulating the "After Dark" newsletter.  Except this "After Art" newsletter will focus on the archive of old Art Bell shows, as well as Punnett and Knapp (and Art when he fills in).  Nothing about GN here - just positive discussion about the best things found "After Art".  Let me know what you think.  Remember, this is a GN free zone.   ;D

*** Mods, can this thread be made permanent, at the top?  Or at least considered for that down the road? 

A capital proposition. I'd read...and contribute. Right now I probably couldn't find a good idea if I tried. 48 hours no sleep = blahhh. I'll keep it on my mind though and when I think of something I'll return.

Frys Girl

I like the title of this thread. Personally, I love George Knapp. I love his voice, I love how professional he is, and yes, I think he's handsome. I like that he broadcasts from Vegas, he's not a sell out like George.

I like his approach to the topics. His JFK show was great. He lets the guests do most of the talking, but even with the little bit that he talks, it's better quality than the generic Noory questions: "What about 2012? How does 2012 factor in?"

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Frys Girl on July 08, 2009, 09:44:41 PM
I like the title of this thread. Personally, I love George Knapp. I love his voice, I love how professional he is, and yes, I think he's handsome. I like that he broadcasts from Vegas, he's not a sell out like George.

I like his approach to the topics. His JFK show was great. He lets the guests do most of the talking, but even with the little bit that he talks, it's better quality than the generic Noory questions: "What about 2012? How does 2012 factor in?"

I love your comments.  Really positive and good.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Max on July 09, 2009, 02:24:26 PM
I've talked to art a few times on ham radio on their phone patch... really nice guy... since he's over seas he dont do that anymore.

Hopefully he makes it back to the Valley of Nye soon.

Nboy

This forum needs more philosophers thats for damned sure.

snoorysacreep

To make sure noory stays away can we place large pictures of clowns on the inside cover?

.. you know just to be safe?  ;D

EvB

Quote from: snoorysacreep on February 19, 2010, 11:51:25 PM
To make sure noory stays away can we place large pictures of clowns on the inside cover?

.. you know just to be safe?  ;D

Perhaps it would be better if George DID read it - you know how he loves to make light of his detractors - which IMO - only proves he knows he's a loser.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: EvB on February 20, 2010, 11:36:02 PM
Perhaps it would be better if George DID read it - you know how he loves to make light of his detractors - which IMO - only proves he knows he's a loser.

http://afterart.us/

starrmtn001

I loved Art's show from March 26th with Dr. Robert Lanza, and I am sooooo looking forward to hearing Art next Friday night. ;D

I thoroughly enjoy Ian.  His interview with Richard Bach was fun as were the two shows he did about Star Trek.   

George Knapp always adds energy and comedy in his shows, which is fantastic.  I also bet he gets a lot of interesting and attractive dates out there in Vegas, his no-so-humble hometown, given that he is a TV personality in the local market.

MV/Liberace!

speaking of "after dark"...
here's something really cool that was sent to me.  it's every issue of the newsletter from 1995, scanned to PDF.  the scans are of great quality.  i have no idea what this newsletter must be like today, but you can REALLY tell art had a very direct influence on how this was put together and what it consisted of in 1995.  i am told 1995 was the first year of the newsletter.  i once heard art mention that he has nothing at all to do with the newsletter that's produced today.

click here.

If i might add: First year for sure, Art mentions this in one of the articles in the first issue. I recommend viewing these while listening to CoastGab and remember never read until AFTER DARK!

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: guildnavigator on August 18, 2010, 02:07:40 PM
First year for sure, Art mentions this in one of the articles in the first issue.
oh, he does???? HA!  what a tard.  guess i should have taken more time looking at them.  the first one i looked at, strangely enough, was the december issue.

yeah, first year, premiere issue included. actually art wrote a bunch of articles for these, in addition to his role as editor in chief. I had been hanging on to those from a dead torrent. At this point the newsletter was partially political, but each issue included the Dreamland Report which focused on paranormal. You'll all get a kick out of the photos of guests and correspondents circa 1995. There is even an article from Ramona somewhere in these. It's also super fun to read the interviews with michael holm of Cusco, and to imagine being able to order all of these old c2c shows on cassette from the order form in the back.

mylesstam

MV, you are so generous for sharing. Thanks