• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Dealing with Trolls

Started by EvB, May 05, 2008, 07:01:06 PM

EvB

This poll will be up for 7 days.

Please go into gory detail!  :o

You can only see the results if you vote.   :-X

If you think you have an idea that is not on the list - but others would like - tell me and if these things are editable - I'll do it!  :)

You may change your vote if you like, but only the last vote counts.

Max

I see no value in this, as trolling currently does not violate the TOS.

EvB

Quote from: Max on May 05, 2008, 07:44:26 PM

Max - since you are the sheriff - I'll remove it if you like.  But first let me say I'm well aware it does not violate TOS.  If it did, there'd be no reason for a poll.  It's all in fun.  trolls can be quite amusing.  If not - they build character.  I'm not suggesting that trolling SHOULD violate TOS either.

However - I stand by my word.  I'll remove it if you say.

So true. And if we start persecuting trolls, do we go after Ogres, Dwarves and Goblins next? It's a vicious never-ending cycle.

Quote from: EvB on May 05, 2008, 07:49:05 PM
Max - since you are the sheriff - I'll remove it if you like.  But first let me say I'm well aware it does not violate TOS.  If it did, there'd be no reason for a poll.  It's all in fun.  trolls can be quite amusing.  If not - they build character. 

However - I stand by my word.  I'll remove it if you say.

Don't remove it.

Max

no by all means don't remove a thread because I said so....

I think trolls are great... they piss everyone off and get people posting in anger...

to me that is more fun then sitting here on our asses patting each other on the back saying' your right and so are you, yay we're all right that noory sucks..

dissenting opinion is what is needed while hated by many... I think we need more lovers of george snoory over here

I really do.. that way we can get our hate on them...

I am here because I enjoy watching the shit fly.. and yes the TOS is simple.. and I like that

I have been to forums where they ban you for little things.. was banned from one recently... kinda funny really..

A little while ago, I got banned from The Huffington Post within 2 hours of joining the site.  I don't even know what the reason was.  I asked a mod, but they never got back to me.

EvB

Quote from: Max on May 05, 2008, 07:54:28 PM
no by all means don't remove a thread because I said so....

I think we need more lovers of george snoory over here

I really do.. that way we can get our hate on them...

I am here because I enjoy watching the shit fly.. and yes the TOS is simple.. and I like that

I have been to forums where they ban you for little things.. was banned from one recently... kinda funny really..

Oh don't you just LOVE those self-righteous twits who ban people just cuz their nose is out of joint - my very best FAVORITE ones are the ones that say you are free to express your opinion.

I AGREE we need more GS lovers - come one come all!  GS lovers are not the same as trolls.  Trolls may or may not love GS.  That's not my criteria. My criteria for a troll is someone who - over time - seems to be saying things purely for the sake of annoyance - things that aren't even amusing, or at all articulate.

I still don't think they should be banned unless they somehow violate TOS. 

My purpose is to get an idea of how others deal, and to have a little fun.  I figured the question would inspire some fiery posts all by itself.

Max

well I was banned from FF... after so many years.... talk about lame... apparently it was only for a certain time.. I'm probably on my last leg...lol

Max

most people are trolls....lol

hell I troll some forums too..

EvB

Quote from: Max on May 05, 2008, 08:31:03 PM
hell I troll some forums too..

BAD BOY!   ROTFLM@O!!!

Errrr - how the heck do you get an uploaded image to show here?  I'm supposed to KNOW this stuff!  >blush<

OH MY!  I guess you just gotta trust it will show and the [img] tag don't mean diddly.

Max

George Noory is the ultimate troll. 

King of Trolls - ruling the airwaves like a WWII aero-gremlin - wrenching up the works.

There's something in our consensual reality engine and we just can't get it out.

In the final batch of Turinian linens?, our only choice may lie in forcing the propeller to eat dirt.

That's my answer on how to deal with the greater Aerowaves Affliction...

Kamikaze in Kalispell, Montana, ~Aces High~ ... mutually assured destruction.

Such a maneuver, as Bob Hope said, "knocks out the knocks?."

Regarding the more ubiquitous trolls - other than a few ghost images? - none have registered so much as a strong blip on my exalted dendritic radar.

Spectres? of little substance, resulting in a few ~tower to tower~ communications initiated on my part, that go something like:

"This is Control Tower 1. Are you painting anything over that way?  Over."

Bogey?, echo?, or persistent retinal image??

None worth a nosedive.

?: deus ex machina

<meta http-equiv="cache-control" content="no-cache" />

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on May 06, 2008, 12:38:48 AM
George Noory is the ultimate troll. 

King of Trolls - ruling the airwaves like a WWII aero-gremlin - wrenching up the works.

There's something in our consensual reality engine and we just can't get it out.

In the final batch of Turinian linens?, our only choice may lie in forcing the propeller to eat dirt.

That's my answer on how to deal with the greater Aerowaves Affliction...

Kamikaze in Kalispell, Montana, ~Aces High~ ... mutually assured destruction.

Such a maneuver, as Bob Hope said, "knocks out the knocks."

Regarding the more ubiquitous trolls - other than a few ghost images? - none have registered so much as a strong blip on my exalted dendritic radar.

Spectres of little substance, resulting in a few ~tower to tower~ communications initiated on my part, that go something like:

"This is Control Tower 1. Are you painting anything over that way?  Over."

Bogey, echo, or persistent retinal image??

None worth a nosedive.

Now that's more like it!

P.S. - I love the stats of the poll so far.  What a diverse group!

EvB

Quote from: PhantasticSanShiSan on May 06, 2008, 01:18:25 AM
P.S. - I love the stats of the poll so far.  What a diverse group!

Me too - but I must have done something odd - we have more votes than voters.  What the heck!  Vote early, vote often.  Anarchy is fun.  ;D

Max

I took liberty to create anarchy...

Max

now comes in pocket size!!!

:trollspray  <-- and also a new simlie as well!!!

EvB

Spikegirl

LOL! By "Dealing with the trolls" do you actually mean with THE troll? I'm sure you know who I mean. Trolls cannot be helped, except by a good psychiatrist!

Max

:trollspray

its for real its an actually smilie

EvB

:trollspray

Well I'll be dipped!  IT IS!

You are amazing  ;D

MV/Liberace!

if trolling doesn't violate the TOS, then evb's topic/poll here certainly doesn't either.  with the amount of apparent trolling that has taken place here recently, i'd be more astonished if someone DIDN'T eventually comment on the matter.

what has bothered me lately isn't the trolls themselves, as i think a certain amount of it is needed and healthy.  what has bothered me is the seeming lack of substance contained within their posts.  they seem more interested in agitating people than making any substantive point whatsoever.  however, therein lies the definition of "trolls" i guess.

great poll.  leave it.  i believe that should go without saying.

EvB

Quote from: Michael Vandeven on May 07, 2008, 05:40:07 PM

what has bothered me is the seeming lack of substance contained within their posts.  they seem more interested in agitating people than making any substantive point whatsoever.  however, therein lies the definition of "trolls" i guess.

DITTO!

EvB

Quote from: Spikegirl on May 06, 2008, 06:54:52 PM
LOL! By "Dealing with the trolls" do you actually mean with THE troll? I'm sure you know who I mean. Trolls cannot be helped, except by a good psychiatrist!

Understandable assumption, but no.  The poster of whom you speak may have inspired the poll, but it's aimed at the troll phenomenon in general.

Max

I'll stand corrected on this thread, I do now see the value in it and the peoples opinions here.

thanks guys..

EvB

Quote from: Max on May 07, 2008, 09:14:20 PM
I'll stand corrected on this thread, I do now see the value in it and the peoples opinions here.

thanks guys..

No worries Max - your post was well intended and well taken.

Max

but being a troll can be fun... I troll some forums too.... and I tell you they hate me but they love me..

EvB

Quote from: Max on May 08, 2008, 07:24:32 PM
but being a troll can be fun... I troll some forums too.... and I tell you they hate me but they love me..

;D  Yep - Many times i find trolls hilarious.  Sometimes they are very annoying.  It's the ones that are totally uncreative bores that bother ME.