• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Mandela Effect

Started by RcCle, October 20, 2016, 04:34:07 PM

RcCle

It was the Berenstein Bears that got me...  This is how I remember it being spelled.  I think A LOT of this is probably just simple re-branding or products.  However, when you cannot find any original brand/logo that you recall on the web...  just creepy.  Also, the tinnitus thing..  started having it a few years ago, but didn't really think much of it.

I also remember (used loosely) a documentary about how people form memories.  They took 15 people to a fabricated UFO crash site and had them recall what they witnessed.  They all seemed to recall differently.  So, is it CERN or the legalization of pot LOL?

'Allo!!
With you occasionally yet am i.
using third old krappy lappie now i am.
Not listening to much but reading many other show transcriptions.
Pretty much cured of hearing 'Klo_Norry'[Tm./(C)]on the am dial,anyway.
Have done mucho pondering upon some discussions past about memory and its' flaws re social mileau,et.al.
What triggered my own qvestioning of the mental records about some trivial event was twofold realisations.
First clue was,remembering that,the quasi-folk song issued by an sucessful marketed "Protest"group,named after the Nazz's in-associates,their common first names,what an koinkky-dinky...
"P_P_M".
Allegedly"In-Offensive,Non-Political"single:
"The Great Mandala".
Years later,stories slash gossip said,song secretly commemmorateing the death of Nelson Mandela on Robbens'island,so had been issued after his death anounced officially,i assume.
Second was an really strange incident involveing an local neo-righty live call-in radio show during drive-time in Seattle,Wa.in the mid-eighties of the last century.
I was hearing folks with ham,cb,and business-band car & truck phones calling live to say ie.,describe that,whilst driveing the bridges over Lake Washington to-fro in the late afternoon twilight,many people saw what seemed like an crack in the bowl of the sky that allowed them to peer through to another reality,dimension,or what have you.
No one ever referred again to this after an couple days.
Seems it was covered by Mike Siegal,but i'm not sure,now.
Possibly,when he guest-hosted C2C for a night or more,he discussed it on his shows with callers during that hosting,as well as news coverage on his home station in the puget sound area.
I didn't make any notes about it at the time,which greatly i regret in hind-sight.
Possibly,some-where in C2C's bell archives there are calls or discussions of this.
"B_B"
PS:No Logo:
"[7VF]"

This probably is the silliest Mandela Effect topic I've seen yet.

Apparently some poor soul is thinking Georgian Bay just popped up out of nowhere.  I'm down with some Berenstein vs Berenstain Bears confusion but Georgian Bay?

Robert

1st-birthday cake smashing.  I don't remember that having been a thing when I was little.  Then my Aunt Alice (but she was nuts) smashed her granddaughter's hand into her cake on her 1st birthday.  I was like, "Huh?!"  And Alice said, "Oh, like your mother didn't do that with you?"  I probably wouldn't've remembered that from when I was 1, though it wasn't in the movie of my party either, & I sure don't remember it with my little sister.  And now I see it all over the place, as if it was always the normal thing to do.

Robert

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on February 28, 2017, 10:53:03 PMThis probably is the silliest Mandela Effect topic I've seen yet.

Apparently some poor soul is thinking Georgian Bay just popped up out of nowhere.  I'm down with some Berenstein vs Berenstain Bears confusion but Georgian Bay?
Link's dead.  In some memories, was that dry land?  Or just unnamed?

Jackstar

Quote« Reply #8 on: Today at 19:55:32 »

Let's not make a big deal about how my tears can cure cancer. Everyone will want some slavishly.

albrecht

And after all these years I had thought the "Mandela Effect" was a mini-me Mugabe Effect and attempting in turning a First World country into a place of political corruption, disease, rape, HIV/AIDS, crime, graft, and ethnic/racial violence?  ;)

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on March 28, 2017, 09:41:45 PM
And after all these years I had thought

Prove it. Even once, Champ.

albrecht

Quote from: Jackstar ⚔⚔ on March 28, 2017, 10:54:55 PM

Prove it. Even once, Champ.
Prove what? That the "Rainbow Nation" is on their way to Zimbabwe type of status? (I don't think that will happen, but who knows? Rhodesia fed the continent and had first world conditions and look what happened?)
It is a lame wiki but sources there for the actual numbers. As for the crime and HIV/AIDs rate and other diseases? It is "our" play ground for testing and experiments now I hear.  ;)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Economy_of_South_Africa

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on March 28, 2017, 11:14:18 PM
Prove what?

I simply don't find it plausible that you didn't read the same story I read.

Plausibility is very important on my homeworld.

Robert

If the examples of Mandela effect are as the examples the guest who was recently on MITD said, then the Mandela effect is simply a matter of people's bad memories.  I always remembered it as "Magic mirror"; "Mirror, mirror" was probably the result of someone's duplication of a word when they couldn't remember what went there which people do all the time with songs.  Oscar Mayer wouldn't even be pronounced the same as Meyer.  And I don't even remember the other examples, but I recalled them the correct way as opposed to the consensus way.  So this is just some big tsimmes made from people's making likely confabulations to fill likely gaps in memory.

Jackstar

Quote from: Robert on March 30, 2017, 09:47:46 PM
simply a matter of people's bad memories

People had bad memories before.

Your hypothesis does nothing to address this fact.

transparent shell

I distinctly remember Bearinstein Bears. Not Berenstain, Berenstein, or Berenstien.  They didn't really look Jewish though. Now apparently, they're just  another stain.  :o

CERN needs to quit fucking around with those anti-protons and pions.

Pssst - it was an anti-matter accident that destroyed the equipment.   ;)

" At CERN (the European Laboratory for Particle Physics), on the evening of the 17 to the 18 of July 1986, antimatter was captured in an electromagnetic trap for the first time in history. " 
http://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_antimatterweapon.htm

EDIT: The ONYX interception station / CIA's (REAL) headquarters, is in Switzerland. Where is CERN ??    ;)
(You thought the CIA was an American Agency ? ) 
Another interesting tidbit. Switzerland and Vatican city are the only two sovereign states on this planet.  The oldest intelligentsia on the planet is run by the Vatican.
Who set up the WWII NAZI rat lines ?

Personally, I think it's a nefarious plot by the CIA, err, I mean the Google AI.  Ummmmm - same thing.

Jackstar

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on April 02, 2017, 01:23:37 PM
They didn't really look Jewish though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JS8pQgwAzA

Dude. Why d'ya gotta go and make everything about colour?

Jackstar

Quote from: Jackstar on March 27, 2017, 10:25:39 AM
After posting this link, I immediately fled the room.

After an appropriate interval, I went back and saw that the spoiler was what I had already figured out--I suppose reading an interview with the creator of a work who explains step-by-step he was trying to foreshadow the emplacement of an idea into the narrative is a mild bit better than half a dozen tripfags fapping over duped digits on a chan, but you know, whatevah.

Jackstar

Quote from: Beelzebubbelah on October 20, 2016, 11:01:44 PM
'Allo!!
With you occasionally yet am i.
using third old krappy lappie now i am.

Any minute now.

Robert

Quote from: Jackstar on April 02, 2017, 09:31:41 AM
People had bad memories before.

Your hypothesis does nothing to address this fact.

transparent shell
Of course they had bad memories before, & they had the Mandela effect before.  They just called it something else, like confabulation.

Another example I recall from the show: Looney Tunes.  They were always spelled that way, one of a group of imitations of the Silly Symphonies sound cartoons with music, including Merrie Melodies.  (That's the one with the weird spelling; it was never "Merry".)  The spelling "Toons" that people have confabulated comes from Who Framed Roger Rabbit?, which popularized "toon" as an abbr. for "cartoon" -- a recent development, picked up for instance by the Steve Jackson role playing game Toon.  So it's really the "Toons" spelling that's recently been usurping the original & official spelling.

People imagine Cary Grant said, "Judy, Judy, Judy" because a particular mimic of him put that in his mouth because it sounded funny & allowed him to perseverate in exaggerating a particular of the actor's speech mannerisms.

Jackstar

Quote from: Robert on April 02, 2017, 07:54:48 PM
They just called it something else, like confabulation.

None of this goes anywhere in supporting the assertion that the phenomenon is just something that people are imagining.

Correction: the insistent appearance of insisters who insist that it has to be, you know, explicable, is unnerving and implicitly supportive in and of itself.

Jackstar

Quote from: albrecht on March 28, 2017, 11:14:18 PM
the "Rainbow Nation" is on their way to Zimbabwe

This is my new safeword now.

Dr. MD MD

OK, I could've sworn that Buzz Aldrin died after being emergency evacuated from the Antarctic late last year. Today I saw a news report about him flying with some squad or something. Huh? I could swear we discussed his death here. I'm having a weird day and this just made it weirder.  ???

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 03, 2017, 01:42:58 PM
OK, I could've sworn that Buzz Aldrin died after being emergency evacuated from the Antarctic late last year. Today I saw a news report about him flying with some squad or something. Huh? I could swear we discussed his death here. I'm having a weird day and this just made it weirder.  ???
He DID die. Of a heart attack. So did Billy Graham and Jim Neighbors. Except that they are all alive again.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 03, 2017, 01:57:23 PM
He DID die. Of a heart attack. So did Billy Graham and Jim Neighbors. Except that they are all alive again.

John Glenn died around the same time so maybe I'm just confusing the two but damn, I could've sworn it was Aldrin who died after his trip to the South Pole.  ???

GravitySucks

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 03, 2017, 01:57:23 PM

I could be because Gene Cernan died shortly after Aldrin's trip to Antarctica. Or it could be CERN.

http://time.com/4587138/buzz-aldrin-south-pole-evacuation/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/us/eugene-cernan-dies/index.html

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 03, 2017, 02:04:41 PM
I could be because Gene Cernan died shortly after Aldrin's trip to Antarctica. Or it could be CERN.

http://time.com/4587138/buzz-aldrin-south-pole-evacuation/

http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/16/us/eugene-cernan-dies/index.html
No, it was Buzz Aldrin. I don't even know who that Gene guy is.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 03, 2017, 03:34:34 PM
No, it was Buzz Aldrin. I don't even know who that Gene guy is.

Gene was ground control for most of the Apollo program, if not all of it.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 03, 2017, 03:38:11 PM
Gene was ground control for most of the Apollo program, if not all of it.

Gene Cernan was the last man to walk on the moon. You are the thinking of Gene Kranz.