• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Leo Ashcraft - Dark Matter News - A Long Side Knight

Started by Waco Kid, August 22, 2015, 10:17:25 AM

henge0stone

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 04, 2015, 12:26:29 PM
He is really one troubled soul...

Did he really say he hasn't had a job in 20 years and doesn't want one? For someone who doesn't want a job he sure is freaking out over money.

paladin1991

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 04, 2015, 01:16:35 PM

You'd be stoned too. For days and days. And more days.
Are we talking about Aldous?  I'm cuntfused.

paladin1991

Quote from: norland2424 on October 04, 2015, 01:20:45 PM
Leo Ashcraft
17 mins ·
Ok Folks. I believe I have made my point. Let's all move forward and talk about the future. Great things are possible with so much support coming in these past few days. Honestly I was ready to walk away from all of this. And then you all blasted me unexpectedly with mass support. I thank you and you have no idea what that means to me.
The support is also coming in from radio station owners and operators around the nation and in Canada!
I have been asked to put together a full 3 - 4 hour program which would go directly against MITD - the same time slot. This would be an independent production - solely owned and syndicated by me. I havent decided if I want to make this commitment. Unlike Art - I dont want to jump into something and retire a few weeks late. I have a keen interest in what the listener wants and a balanced interest in what the affiliates need. I don't have the ego and will make this decision based on facts. Thus another reason I will be taking some time off to make sure I would be doing this for the right reasons. I will not operate my business driven by emotions. I will update you all here as soon as I have made my decision. In the mean time - lets all cool it and move forward?
I want to thank the following station owners/operators for your support of me through this ridiculous situation: Ed Stohlz at KBET in Las Vegas, Geno Munari, KIYQ, Paul Reyes KFRN, Andy Vierra, Aaron Scott - KQRP, KALH, KFTW, KJMR, KTSQ, KZPZ, WEFA, WZQR. Several others - I'm sorry if I missed you here. I look forward to working with you all and providing a real, professional and dementia free radio program. All stations btw - that no longer carry MITD as of Friday!
I bet those are all major markets, too.  Bet Jorch is shitting his pants over this sitch.  Meanwhile back in Pahrump...
https://youtu.be/NOALtWr4heo 

Sehnzeleid

Quote from: demosthenes131 on October 04, 2015, 02:28:06 PM
Wow,  so now stations are dumping Art because of this crap. Amazing. Bet he called them each to whine and complain.

If true that's extremely petty of both Ashcraft and the stations that supposedly dropped the show. How many stations actually carry the DMN segments anyway? I know my local AMs always favor FOX or ABC news reports at the bottom of every hour 24/7.     

popple

Remember when Nice Guy Leo first arrived with his DMN? Just wanted to help Art. Took a nice guy cut of just 1%. When you think about all the affiliates he worked hard to get remember that with more affiliates he makes more money. He made $5,000 off ad revenue. Which he leaves out in his sob story. He has always been out for himself. Leo is a lying liar who lies.

csummers

Quote from: Weirdoradio on October 03, 2015, 03:39:29 PM
My question is that now that this has become an issue, will Keith and co be going back into the Time Traveler archives to retroactively edit out every DMN segment from the last two + months?

Something to ponder.

We can only hope. There was nothing positive about them from day one.

Quote from: csummers on October 04, 2015, 03:28:27 PM
We can only hope. There was nothing positive about them from day one.
Oh noes! I hope they don't take out the poop stories. They added so much to Art's show.  ::)

csummers

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on October 03, 2015, 10:26:54 PM
Why do we need someone besides Art doing the news?

so a perfectly good show can be dragged down every night or Art needs a longer break. I guess it does both. Hopefully its only on the live broadcasts and not the archive.

henge0stone

Quote from: Sehnzeleid on October 04, 2015, 03:09:14 PM
If true that's extremely petty of both Ashcraft and the stations that supposedly dropped the show. How many stations actually carry the DMN segments anyway? I know my local AMs always favor FOX or ABC news reports at the bottom of every hour 24/7.   

Agreed, Art said its a bunch of ho hum anyway so maybe he is just lying like when he said he got no money. What I can't understand is this high opinion of himself that Leo has. Seriously paranormal news is essentially the same thing Mysterious Universe and Mysterious Abound (two podcasts) had been doing years before him, so its not like reading paranormal news was an original or new invention.

Amethyst

I'm catching up today by listening to Friday's MITD, and I hear Art saying that Leo Ashcraft is going to Coast to Coast after a couple offers and some troubles with Keith.

What I find interesting is that Leo frequently mispronounces words.  (He sure had some problems with „Tutankhamen" the other day!)  As we all know, Jorch speaks some wacky ESL.  Do y'all suppose the mispronunciations (Leoisms) are why C2C made offers to Leo?  Maybe Premiere & Jorch are developing a new dialect and they wanted some extra help.  Leonoorish?  Daveleoese?

Dateline

I'm not real happy about this, or I may not be reading it right?  Are those station owners saying they will drop only the news segment, or the whole show?  If it is the whole show, then someone needs to get some affiliate relations broker and fast.  From what I am gathering Leo was in charge of that to some extent.  It appears to me that he is taking that relationship, established while with Art, and twisting to his advantage, like a corkscrew in the back. 

anunnaki

With all his crying, "Tearful Leo" may now be responsible for the creation of a whole new internet hardware industry -

"Monitor Screen Wiper Blades"   Suggested name "Leo Squeegee", not to be confused with the " Luigi Squeegee"
(http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=luigi+Squeegee), or "Ash-Wipes"

dan7800

What maniac would want to have a show that went up directly against MitD and c2c?

anunnaki

Quote from: dan7800 on October 04, 2015, 06:46:15 PM
What maniac would want to have a show that went up directly against MitD and c2c?

With all due respect, I think within your question was its answer- A lunatic AKA "Maniac" and in this case, "A Raving One" !

Waco Kid

>>I want to thank the following station owners/operators for your support of me through this ridiculous situation: Ed Stohlz at KBET in Las Vegas, Geno Munari, KIYQ, Paul Reyes KFRN, Andy Vierra, Aaron Scott - KQRP, KALH, KFTW, KJMR, KTSQ, KZPZ, WEFA, WZQR. Several others - I'm sorry if I missed you here. I look forward to working with you all and providing a real, professional and dementia free radio program. All stations btw - that no longer carry MITD as of Friday!<<

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tortious_interference

I believe this is Leo's biggest concern right now. If not, it should be.

anunnaki

Yeah- way beyond "Burning Bridges" Waco, - You Nailed It- Very Astute !

(of course if you eat enough beans it can result in "astute")

Yo- Art, Keith, -you reading this ?

weeberwubber

Quote from: popple on October 04, 2015, 04:31:31 PM

ANNNNNNNNNND THERES MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!!!

Any more and I'm going to petition that your name be changed to poople.

indigoo

Where did this guy even come from? I've never heard of him in the field and now he's going to put on a show to rival Art? Good luck, but this all reeks. I can't believe any radio station is even working with him considering his complete lack of professionalism. I mean I really can't believe it, so I'm inclined to say this guy is completely delusional.

zeebo

Quote from: MV on October 04, 2015, 09:19:48 AM
when parsed, this sentence implies a guy walks into an establishment with a gun, points it at everyone including the piano player, and the piano player pleads for his life because this establishment would have trouble getting a new piano player to replace him.  it's not that he necessarily wants to live.  it's just that he doesn't want the patrons to be without someone tickling the ivories.  there's nobody to replace him, and the gunman needs to know this before he pulls the trigger.

An alternative reading is the guy hates any band that has two musicians playing the same part.  That's why the B-side was "Don't Shoot Me, I'm the Only Drummer - the Other Guy's a Percussionist".

pate

Quote from: popple on October 04, 2015, 04:31:31 PM

ANNNNNNNNNND THERES MORE WHERE THAT CAME FROM!!!

I was looking for a REN "Everybody Cries" {or REM "ever body hertz"} cover/parody and found this instead:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94R7GQTwuQs

Apologies.

http ://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLlOeGeVih4

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: zeebo on October 04, 2015, 11:49:52 PM
An alternative reading is the guy hates any band that has two musicians playing the same part.  That's why the B-side was "Don't Shoot Me, I'm the Only Drummer - the Other Guy's a Percussionist".

Holy crap, this made me lol.

Sean92008

Reading all 10 pages (so far) of this while listening to an old AB show from June 30, 1999 (not on U7 Radio, BTW) was so enthralling...

While others have pointed out the obvious ('roid rage) and the obvious lies and funky-weirdness that Leo's drama queen-esque meltdown was, I'd like to ad something else...

Small dick syndrome.

Well, steroids will shrink the junk a touch but, look at the profile photo in his thong...  There ain't nothing there, kids!

Other that bordering on total, 1000% fucktardiness, he's smelling of so many problems like dump.

I'd like to submit a show to his network though, I need money...  Oh, nevermind.

All glories to Art, the man may be difficult but HE HAS DONE IT, none of this "couple of months and then spin-off your own show" crap.

Good riddance.

Dave Noorie

Roidhead douche. Look how many I's he uses I this I that..  When a narcissist doesn't get his way he starts a smear campaign.  They play both sides, the victim and the perp.

Quote from: norland2424 on October 04, 2015, 01:20:45 PM
Leo Ashcraft
17 mins ·
Ok Folks. I believe I have made my point. Let's all move forward and talk about the future. Great things are possible with so much support coming in these past few days. Honestly I was ready to walk away from all of this. And then you all blasted me unexpectedly with mass support. I thank you and you have no idea what that means to me.
The support is also coming in from radio station owners and operators around the nation and in Canada!
I have been asked to put together a full 3 - 4 hour program which would go directly against MITD - the same time slot. This would be an independent production - solely owned and syndicated by me. I havent decided if I want to make this commitment. Unlike Art - I dont want to jump into something and retire a few weeks late. I have a keen interest in what the listener wants and a balanced interest in what the affiliates need. I don't have the ego and will make this decision based on facts. Thus another reason I will be taking some time off to make sure I would be doing this for the right reasons. I will not operate my business driven by emotions. I will update you all here as soon as I have made my decision. In the mean time - lets all cool it and move forward?
I want to thank the following station owners/operators for your support of me through this ridiculous situation: Ed Stohlz at KBET in Las Vegas, Geno Munari, KIYQ, Paul Reyes KFRN, Andy Vierra, Aaron Scott - KQRP, KALH, KFTW, KJMR, KTSQ, KZPZ, WEFA, WZQR. Several others - I'm sorry if I missed you here. I look forward to working with you all and providing a real, professional and dementia free radio program. All stations btw - that no longer carry MITD as of Friday!