• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

What are social justice warriors losing their shit about today?

Started by bateman, June 12, 2015, 06:46:40 PM

Jackstar

If you want to cut off a leg or an arm, you're mentally ill, but if you want to cut off healthy breasts or a penis, you're transgender.

starramus

Bernie Sanders’ father came to America at 17 years old as a refugee, hoping to escape widespread anti-Semitism and to find a better life. He had no money and knew almost no English. He didn’t have much of an education and no real skills. But he built a life for himself and his family through determination and hard work.

Millions of immigrant families in the United States today are doing the same thing. That is the story of Bernie’s family and that is the story of America.

Today we released our immigration policy plan â€" and it is the most progressive plan ever released by a presidential candidate.

Not only are we going to reverse ALL of Donald Trump’s harmful immigration policies on day one of Bernie’s presidency, but we will transform immigration into a humane, lawful process that protects families and respects human rights.

We are asking you today if you can lend your name to say that you support Bernie’s immigration plan, because every person who stands up in support will make clear that this is the kind of change needed to truly transform our country.

Add your name to say you support Bernie’s immigration plan to support refugees, asylum-seekers, and families who come to the United States in search of the American Dream.

Donald Trump is a racist, a xenophobe, and a demagogue. He has tried, as all demagogues do, to divide us by demonizing immigrants and blaming them for society’s problems. He has used hateful and disgusting rhetoric to try to dehumanize an entire group of people, and he has used the power of the federal government to mistreat and terrorize immigrants at the border and in our communities.

That ends when Bernie is president. As president, Bernie will:

Use executive authority to reverse Trump’s harmful actions on immigration, including ensuring asylum seekers can make their claims in the United States, ending family detention and separation, reuniting families, reversing the Muslim ban and halting construction on Trump’s racist border wall.

Place a moratorium on deportations and end ICE raids.

Restore and expand DACA and use advance parole, parole in place, and hardship waivers to remove barriers to legal status and citizenship for as many undocumented immigrants as possible.

Push Congress to enact a fair, swift, and inclusive path to citizenship for the 11 million undocumented people living in the United States.

Restructure the bloated, dysfunctional Department of Homeland Security, break up ICE and CBP and return their core functions to their previous departments, and begin treating immigration outside the context of national security.

Decriminalize and demilitarize the border, ensure migrants due process, and fully fund and staff independent immigration courts.

Strengthen and protect immigrant labor rights, including for historically excluded and underregulated occupations such as farmworkers and domestic workers, ensure employers are held accountable for mistreating immigrant workers, and reform work visas.

Renegotiate disastrous trade deals, develop a humane foreign policy, and lead the world in addressing climate change, including taking in those forced from their homes due to climate change.

Ensure immigrants in the United States get the support and benefits they need, including healthcare and education, and streamline immigration and naturalization.

We must stand up for our values and accept refugees, asylum-seekers, and families who come to the United States in search of the American Dream. This is how America was built and it has made our country strong.

Say you support Bernie’s immigration plan â€" add your name now.

Thank you for all you do.

In solidarity,

Team Bernie

Kidnostad3

Quote from: starramus on November 08, 2019, 04:31:24 AM

Bernie Sanders’ father came to America at 17 years old as a refugee, hoping to escape widespread anti-Semitism and to find a better life. He had no money and knew almost no English. He didn’t have much of an education and no real skills. But he built a life for himself and his family through determination and hard work.

Millions of immigrant families in the United States today are doing the same thing. That is the story of Bernie’s family and that is the story of America.

Today we released our immigration policy plan â€" and it is the most progressive plan ever released by a presidential candidate.

Not only are we going to reverse ALL of Donald Trump’s harmful immigration policies on day one of Bernie’s presidency, but we will transform immigration into a humane, lawful process that protects families and respects human rights.

We are asking you today if you can lend your name to say that you support Bernie’s immigration plan, because every person who stands up in support will make clear that this is the kind of change needed to truly transform our country.

Add your name to say you support Bernie’s immigration plan to support refugees, asylum-seekers, and families who come to the United States in search of the American Dream.

Donald Trump is a racist, a xenophobe, and a demagogue. He has tried, as all demagogues do, to divide us by demonizing immigrants and blaming them for society’s problems. He has used hateful and disgusting rhetoric to try to dehumanize an entire group of people, and he has used the power of the federal government to mistreat and terrorize immigrants at the border and in our communities.

That ends when Bernie is president. As president, Bernie will:

Use executive authority to reverse Trump’s harmful actions on immigration, including ensuring asylum seekers can make their claims in the United States, ending family detention and separation, reuniting families, reversing the Muslim ban and halting construction on Trump’s racist border wall.

Place a moratorium on deportations and end ICE raids.

Restore and expand DACA and use advance parole, parole in place, and hardship waivers to remove barriers to legal status and citizenship for as many undocumented immigrants as possible.

Push Congress to enact a fair, swift, and inclusive path to citizenship for the 11 million undocumented people living in the United States.

Restructure the bloated, dysfunctional Department of Homeland Security, break up ICE and CBP and return their core functions to their previous departments, and begin treating immigration outside the context of national security.

Decriminalize and demilitarize the border, ensure migrants due process, and fully fund and staff independent immigration courts.

Strengthen and protect immigrant labor rights, including for historically excluded and underregulated occupations such as farmworkers and domestic workers, ensure employers are held accountable for mistreating immigrant workers, and reform work visas.

Renegotiate disastrous trade deals, develop a humane foreign policy, and lead the world in addressing climate change, including taking in those forced from their homes due to climate change.

Ensure immigrants in the United States get the support and benefits they need, including healthcare and education, and streamline immigration and naturalization.

We must stand up for our values and accept refugees, asylum-seekers, and families who come to the United States in search of the American Dream. This is how America was built and it has made our country strong.

Say you support Bernie’s immigration plan â€" add your name now.

Thank you for all you do.

In solidarity,

Team Bernie

Bernie is a communist jerk off who hasn't had a real job since he was asked to leave a kibutz back in the day because he was a slacker.   Since then he has been a government employee at one level or another and as a legislator he has accomplished nothing of any consequence.  He is 78 years old and recently had a heart  attack.    If I were you I would find some other Marxist-Leninist throwback to support. 

WOTR

Quote from: Jackstar on November 08, 2019, 04:25:23 AM
If you want to cut off a leg or an arm, you're mentally ill, but if you want to cut off healthy breasts or a penis, you're transgender.

Not anymore. "Trans-abled" has become a thing over the last few years. There are doctors who will remove a limb if you "feel" that you should have been born without it. (Usually you have to travel overseas- but there is a group who helps to arrange it.) No, I'm not joking.

"“We define transability as the desire or the need for a person identified as able-bodied by other people to transform his or her body to obtain a physical impairment,” says Alexandre Baril, a Quebec born academic who will present on “transability” at this week’s Congress of the Social Sciences and Humanities at the University of Ottawa."

"Baldwin says this disorder is starting to be thought of as a neurological problem with the body’s mapping, rather than a mental illness."

Taken from https://nationalpost.com/news/canada/becoming-disabled-by-choice-not-chance-transabled-people-feel-like-impostors-in-their-fully-working-bodies

*Please stop saying that such people are "mentally ill." That is hurtful and offensive.  :'(

WOTR

And people wonder why so many on the left are seen as "nutcases..."

I finished planting my garlic today. That reminded me of the killings at the Gillroy garlic festival earlier this year. A quick search turned up Wikipedia saying that there has been no motive so far... And that the San Fransisco board of supervisors unanimously passed a resolution. One so stupid I thought it was a joke and had to go to the source.

"San Francisco Declares the N.R.A. a ‘Domestic Terrorist Organization.' The city’s lawmakers unanimously passed the resolution in response to recent mass shootings."

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/04/us/san-francisco-nra-terrorist.html

That's right. The brain damaged officials have decided to declare an organization that boasts a membership of something in the order of 5 million Americans to be a domestic terrorist group.

albrecht

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 11, 2019, 05:55:18 PM
https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/don-cherry-firing-sparks-new-boycottsportsnet-trend-online-from-furious-viewers

#cancelculture
Canada is a joke. Black-faced, cultural appropriating costume wearing beta PM is elected, again, and a national treasure like Don Cherry fired? For doing what he has been doing for decades? Over comments that were innocuous? NHL network should pick him up (but since NBC is involved with it that would be doubtful.)

For advocating Remembrance Day poppy wearing and remembering those who have fallen? WTF?

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 11, 2019, 05:55:18 PM
https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/don-cherry-firing-sparks-new-boycottsportsnet-trend-online-from-furious-viewers

#cancelculture

Here is a "fun fact." In 2004, Don Cherry was voted by CBC respondents as one of the "top 10 Canadians of all time" (he finished 7th.) Now, I may not agree with that assessment- but that is what the national network said a decade and a half ago. Since I was a very young kid, he always struck me as a loud mouthed jackass... But that is what he was hired for. To have sportsnet pretending that they are shocked he would say something offensive given his decades long record of doing just that is laughable.

Earlier on today I looked at a few news sites (most left wing.) All of them were reporting on how upset the general public was. And yet around 85% of the comments on those stories supported Cherry.

But let's face it- there really is no room in this world where everybody takes "offense" for the likes of Don. It's too bad- but popular media is going to drive themselves out of business in the race to become the most bland, inoffensive creation possible.

albrecht

Quote from: WOTR on November 11, 2019, 09:08:16 PM
Here is a "fun fact." In 2004, Don Cherry was voted by CBC respondents as one of the "top 10 Canadians of all time" (he finished 7th.) Now, I may not agree with that assessment- but that is what the national network said a decade and a half ago. Since I was a very young kid, he always struck me as a loud mouthed jackass... But that is what he was hired for. To have sportsnet pretending that they are shocked he would say something offensive given his decades long record of doing just that is laughable.

Earlier on today I looked at a few news sites (most left wing.) All of them were reporting on how upset the general public was. And yet around 85% of the comments on those stories supported Cherry.

But let's face it- there really is no room in this world where everybody takes "offense" for the likes of Don. It's too bad- but popular media is going to drive themselves out of business in the race to become the most bland, inoffensive creation possible.
He was hired to be somewhat offensive and jarring with his attire (especially in mild-mannered Canada) and often was complained about with his views on hockey. (how to play, against the Euro and French-Canadian style/players, praising the rough not the finesse, etc) But that is just opinion and a way to charge debate and rile people up. But, again, what he was hired, and loved for. So ridiculous. Fired for saying "wear a Poppy" by ingrates who emigrate and take all the advantages but don't want to appreciate the sacrifice of those who died in service (last wording mine, not his.) I recall previous "controversies" he got when he supported the troops during some recent wars etc but wasn't fired. Now networks are willing to lose ratings and advertisers to bend to pressure from people who never watched them anyway!

I hope the network fails. (Which it likely will at some point due to younger generations not playing real sports and lacking attention span to watch them.)

WOTR

Quote from: albrecht on November 18, 2019, 12:10:52 PM
https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/retail/exclusive-amid-global-expansion-and-lgbt-pushback-chick-fil-a-changes-charitable-giving-structure-101818
Chick-Fil-A to stop donations to the Salvation Army and other charities because they upset the BLTQIGs.
I wonder it they have considered how much this might actually hurt their brand? I often eat at a chick-fil-a when traveling. It amuses me to transfer money out of the company credit card to a restaurant that I perceive not as having anti LGBT agenda- but a pro-Christian agenda. I appreciate a company who seemed to give the middle finger to the rest of the world to stand by their values even if it meant not getting a contract in certain airports. And they grew leaps and bounds by that business model. Now they think they are gong to grow more by abandoning it?

Gee- I hope they open on Sunday's next so that I can walk past their open stores 7 days a week.

pyewacket

Maybe some of this corporate virtue signaling is due to millennials in their marketing departments. The left then attacks companies that don't toe the line. It is disappointing but these are the tactics of the left. Tim does a good commentary on it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9o_mjEXDLw

WOTR

Quote from: pyewacket on November 19, 2019, 09:19:25 AM
Maybe some of this corporate virtue signaling is due to millennials in their marketing departments. The left then attacks companies that don't toe the line. It is disappointing but these are the tactics of the left. Tim does a good commentary on it. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9o_mjEXDLw

Of course it is. And being as they are the lound one's on social media, the companies cater to them. Nobody wants to tell a group to go fuck themselves. They don't want to lose potential customers. The louder the idiots scream, the more companies think that appeasing them is the correct decision. It's worrisome when a small percentage of the population has that kind of clout- but for now they do.

I think companies are also trying to figure out how best to market to this generation. Marketing has had to figure out how to sell to every generation- what they want, how best to sell their products. And there is no doubt that right now they believe virtue signaling to be effective. Gillette didn't launch their toxic masculinity campaign without knowing that while it would alienate a small percentage of "boomers" who would continue buying their shit product that it would also appeal to the next generation of robots to buy their "superior" 5 blade razors.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on November 19, 2019, 11:19:56 AM
Of course it is. And being as they are the lound one's on social media, the companies cater to them. Nobody wants to tell a group to go fuck themselves. They don't want to lose potential customers. The louder the idiots scream, the more companies think that appeasing them is the correct decision. It's worrisome when a small percentage of the population has that kind of clout- but for now they do.

I think companies are also trying to figure out how best to market to this generation. Marketing has had to figure out how to sell to every generation- what they want, how best to sell their products. And there is no doubt that right now they believe virtue signaling to be effective. Gillette didn't launch their toxic masculinity campaign without knowing that while it would alienate a small percentage of "boomers" who would continue buying their shit product that it would also appeal to the next generation of robots to buy their "superior" 5 blade razors.

5 blades?! Why not 6? Personally, I want an infinite amount of blades to lovingly massage my beard away. Is that too much to ask?!

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on November 19, 2019, 11:23:20 AM
5 blades?! Why not 6? Personally, I want an infinite amount of blades to lovingly massage my beard away. Is that too much to ask?!
You will have to excuse me. I have not used a razor with any more than one blade since I was 18. Are they 3, 4, 5, 6 blades? I know full well that they were over two and I think the Schick had out a 4 blade when I decided to ignore them...

albrecht

https://sports.yahoo.com/jim-cornette-resigns-from-nwa-following-racist-comment-on-broadcast-211759449.html   

I particularly love the statement: "the high standards of decency and good faith of the National Wrestling Alliance."

Alleged comment regarded fried chicken, btw. 

pyewacket

This "they/them" SJW really lost their shit. I think they need real psych evaluations on these activists. It is getting too difficult to determine where personality ends and metal illness begins with these people.

SJW KILLER: Prominent activist deemed ‘insane’ in stabbing murder of young woman

Gomez identifies as non-binary, uses they/them pronouns, and was heavily involved in the Queer Alliance Resource Center on campus. Gomez was a prominent left-wing student activist advocating for issues related to Black Lives Matter, climate change and sexual violence. They was part of a group of activists who shut down the freeway in response to the police-involved killing of Michael Brown.

On Friday, an Alameda County Superior Court judge found Gomez not guilty by reason of insanity. Gomez was deemed unfit to stand trial and was sentenced to 39 years in a state mental hospital.

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/prominent-social-justice-activist-sentenced-in-stabbing-murder-of-young-woman/

Kidnostad3

Quote from: pyewacket on November 26, 2019, 01:58:45 PM
This "they/them" SJW really lost their shit. I think they need real psych evaluations on these activists. It is getting too difficult to determine where personality ends and metal illness begins with these people.

SJW KILLER: Prominent activist deemed ‘insane’ in stabbing murder of young woman

https://www.thepostmillennial.com/prominent-social-justice-activist-sentenced-in-stabbing-murder-of-young-woman/

"Pablo Gomez Jr., 24, f majoring in Chicanx/Latinx studies at UC Berkeley" and was looking forward to a rewarding career in the fast food industry.

albrecht

Quote from: pyewacket on November 26, 2019, 01:58:45 PM

These people are crazy. And I'm using crazy as an appropriate legal and medical term. Though at least in this case it is not murder just some weird pseudo-bestiality with underage person- so "normal" in those circles, I guess.  There also appears to be a discrepancy in how to refer to these perverts: "Furrys" or "Furries."   The line "once we get an apartment" also is curious. Were the "furries" living with one of their parents, some public housing, dorm, or what?

https://fox43.com/2019/11/23/hanover-furrie-couple-accused-of-sex-with-teen/

https://www.foxcarolina.com/furrie-couple-accused-of-sex-with-teen/
https://nypost.com/2019/11/25/furry-couple-busted-for-having-sex-with-15-year-old-boy/

paladin1991

Quote from: Kidnostad3 on November 26, 2019, 02:44:47 PM

"Pablo Gomez Jr., 24, f majoring in Chicanx/Latinx studies at UC Berkeley" and was looking forward to a rewarding career in the fast food industry.

https://youtu.be/Iv7YvuCjZ0g

albrecht

Sometimes Social Justice pays off. Her lawyer got a 1/3, likely, and she could've got more if she got more out of the tax-payers if she involved more prominent race hustlers and shysters.
https://www.mdjonline.com/news/k-to-ksu-kneeler/article_fc4fdcb2-16e5-11ea-bbc1-0fc54ce359a5.html

albrecht

Now they are going after hockey, again.

https://www.citynews1130.com/2019/12/09/bettman-nhl-to-create-mandatory-program-to-educate-on-diversity-and-inclusion/   

"Bettman speaking in Pebble Beach, Calif., introduced the eventual creation of an annual mandatory program on counselling, consciousness-raising, education and training on diversity and inclusion." 

http://www.jewishsports.net/BioPages/Gary-Bettman.htm

WOTR

The anit-defamation league has now added the "bowl cut" to it's database of hate signals... Along with the "OK" hand signal.

I really hope there is a picture of me as a young kid giving the "OK" hand sign in an album somewhere. Blonde, blue eyed, white, bowl cut. I was practically the Hitler youth.  ::)