• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Mild Bill on September 26, 2015, 05:13:09 AM
*sigh* I can't imagine what your life is like, nor do I want to.

What is your major malfunction? Did Mummy and Daddy not love you enough?

You come off as a very bitter individual devoid of any quality that would make you attractive to your fellow human beings. In fact, with your apparent attitude, your fellow human beings probably avoid you like the plague you are.... noxious, repulsive and ugly.

Begone with thee, thou pathetic, pustulated, pestilence!!

Return to the rock, underneath which thee originated!!

Return to the slime which spawned thee!!

Return to the cankerous corruption which coddled thee!!

Return to the worm-eaten womb of the bilious bitch who birthed thee and eternal damnation upon the bastard that squirted the sperm that created thee!!

Thou art an abomination, an abhorrence...a cursed creature from the bowels of Hell!!

Thy presence here is anathema!!

Begone and post no more!!!

A hoagsercism! The power of the hair compels you! The power of the hair compels you!

jazmunda

Page 1950. The year Noory was born .....

TigerLily

Quote from: starrmtn001 on September 26, 2015, 03:31:25 PM
Normally, I would I would hit you with a slap down post.  But not today.  Today, you hurt me.  I am not any of the above.
Starr. He's a sad, wretched little man. He is not funny. He is sick. Put him on "ignore"

GravitySucks

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 26, 2015, 04:15:48 PM

Truman sent the first military advisors to Vietnam.  Look how that turned out.

TigerLily

Quote from: GravitySucks on September 26, 2015, 02:53:56 PM
OK. Subscribed (Currently 1004 subscribers), but most of the Likes were in the teens. One had about 135, a couple were in the 30's, but the rest are lagging.

I answered the call to arms.

What time is dinner?
Good job, Grav.  I know Art appreciates the support. What is up with all these other slackers? They can sit and hit "like" as easily as they can sit here and post or lurk .Let's meet at the yogurt shop. My treat

GravitySucks

Quote from: TigerLily on September 26, 2015, 04:35:57 PM
Good job, Grav.  I know Art appreciates the support. What is up with all these other slackers? They can sit and hit "like" as easily as they can sit here and post or lurk .Let's meet at the yogurt shop. My treat
👍🏼

starrmtn001

Quote from: TigerLily on September 26, 2015, 04:06:45 PM
Starr. He's a sad, wretched little man. He is not funny. He is sick. Put him on "ignore"
Thank you TigerLily, but he is what he is, and that's all he needs to be.  I'm the one feeling down today, not his fault.  Beside, I've nailed him plenty of times so turn about is fair play.  I just wish he knew that I am not at all the dry old thing he makes me out to be.  But I am a BellGabber for God's sake!  I know better that to take him seriously. ;)

zeebo

Starr you rock.  Anyone who disagrees can kiss my furry butt.   :)

onan

Quote from: zeebo on September 26, 2015, 05:09:14 PM

I haven't eaten today, I am thinking of skewering you for the fire.

zeebo

Quote from: onan on September 26, 2015, 05:09:54 PM

Gotta catch me first, sir.  And you haven't seen my fine scurrying skills.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on September 26, 2015, 05:09:54 PM

He's holding a light saber. Seems like a good way to lose a toe.

onan

Quote from: zeebo on September 26, 2015, 05:13:13 PM
Gotta catch me first, sir.  And you haven't seen my fine scurrying skills.

Yeah, scurrying always confuses me.

b_dubb

Quote from: onan on September 26, 2015, 05:15:32 PM
Yeah, scurrying always confuses me.
Just use the Wendy's drive thru already.  You used more calories typing your last two posts than Zeebo has calories in his bony body.

starrmtn001

Quote from: zeebo on September 26, 2015, 05:09:14 PM

Thank you zeebo. ;)  P.S.  Feel free to use this as an avatar if you wish. ;D

zeebo

Quote from: b_dubb on September 26, 2015, 05:19:56 PM
Just use the Wendy's drive thru already.  You used more calories typing your last two posts than Zeebo has calories in his bony body.

I prefer to think of myself as height/weight proportionate.   :D

b_dubb

Quote from: zeebo on September 26, 2015, 05:31:40 PM
I've heard of this. So you're saying that unlike 99% of Americans you don't have cellulite on your arms?

chinaclipper

Quote from: zeebo on September 26, 2015, 05:31:40 PM

I used to, until someone pointed out that would make me 12'8" tall.

paladin1991

Quote from: Seraphim27 on September 26, 2015, 02:36:59 PM
My Time Traveler subscription is broken again. SO IRRITATING. I emailed poor Keith yet again today. I don't understand why this keeps happening. I have many other subscriptions that use PayPal each month with ZERO problems. I didn't even get a warning "Cannot process your payment" email from PayPal this month. JUST TAKE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER, ART.  >:(

Or hell, I'd pay for three months at once or whatever just to avoid this hassle.

BAH. I wanted to finally listen to the David Paulides episode today. But apparently I've been booted from Art's TARDIS.
https://youtu.be/MTlqBYuShAU

phrodo

Quote from: Seraphim27 on September 26, 2015, 02:36:59 PM
My Time Traveler subscription is broken again. SO IRRITATING. I emailed poor Keith yet again today. I don't understand why this keeps happening. I have many other subscriptions that use PayPal each month with ZERO problems. I didn't even get a warning "Cannot process your payment" email from PayPal this month. JUST TAKE MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER, ART.  >:(

Or hell, I'd pay for three months at once or whatever just to avoid this hassle.

BAH. I wanted to finally listen to the David Paulides episode today. But apparently I've been booted from Art's TARDIS.

Maybe because you subscribed LATE??? Serves you right for not signing up early like the TRUE Art Bell fans did. All of OUR subs renew on the 20th. Serves you right lollygagger.  :P

Art Bell

Keith will help you, it should charge you automatically every Month on the same day. Sorry your having a problem.

Art

GravitySucks

Quote from: Art Bell on September 26, 2015, 09:19:05 PM
Keith will help you, it should charge you automatically every Month on the same day. Sorry your having a problem.

Art
Art,
Do you listen to any of your old shows like the SIT that is on now?

littlechris

Art

That's some pretty AWESOME customer service right there.  ^^^

Copy and paste Art's response and i'm pretty sure Keith will help ya out.

-C

Spinner

I'm listening to tonight's SIT. It's from Oct. 1996, with the producer of Dark Skies. The interview is really good and it has made me want to watch Dark Skies. I'll have to search YouTube to see if it's there.

sorefinger

Art

Art, you had mentioned during a recent show that you couldn't get your head around string theory -- or understand how two electrons on either end of the universe can communicate instantaneously.  I hadn't been able to make sense of it either, that is, until I began to look at it this way:

It's accepted that it takes 9 minutes for light to travel from the sun to earth.  That's a long time, considering how fast light actually travels.

Now, imagine if you rig a wire from the sun to earth.  If someone on the sun pulls the wire towards him, say, one foot, then your end of the wire on earth will instantly move one foot, too.  Where it takes 9 minutes for light to travel between the sun and earth, it takes zero time to realize movement of one end of the wire to the other end.

Gravity works exactly like a wire.  If you swing a ball on the end of a wire, circling over and around your head, and then release the wire, the ball will instantly leave your orbit and take a straight line trajectory.

Likewise, if you break the gravity between the sun and earth, the earth will instantly leave the sun's orbit and take a straight line trajectory. This will happen instantaneously.  In other words, there's no 9 minute delay, such as with the time it takes for light to travel from the sun to the earth.

Looking at it this way, I can easily understand how two electrons can instantly communicate with each other, no matter how far apart, even on opposite ends of the universe, because gravity is the one common denominator linking all matter.  As much as gravity remains a mystery, it does function exactly as though it is a wire, which keeps not just planets in orbit but electrons and other particles, too.

If we ever figure out how to harness gravity, in the same way we already know how to harness light, it would mean we can observe a distant star in real time, not delayed by the light years it takes for light to travel from the star to earth.  Likewise, communication by gravity would be instantaneous, not delayed as with light or radio transmission.

Art Bell

So with that theory as a model it should be possible to communicate by making long or short tugs on the line and communicate with Morse code at faster then the speed of light?

Art

albrecht

Art
Awesome, but also sorry, that you have to reply to billing issues. A humble suggestion: I would really like a way for "gift subscriptions" (Christmas is coming up) and other methods of payments besides paypal. But wouldn't it be cool to be able "send," or even write a card, to someone saying "You are a Time Traveler" with x-months of listening? (And for the paypal banned, or more paranoid types, a way to subscribe without it?) Love the show, Time Travel is right because you are hitting out of the park even more than the old days!

albrecht

Quote from: Art Bell on September 26, 2015, 10:28:15 PM
So with that theory as a model it should be possible to communicate by making long or short tugs on the line and communicate with Morse code at faster then the speed of light?

Art
Well because not in vacuum but still...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cherenkov_radiation