• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Spec Sheet

Started by MV/Liberace!, May 30, 2009, 11:47:14 PM

MV/Liberace!

The Spec Sheet is a podcast about technology hosted by Curtis Thornton and me.

Listen live and download the show at UFOShip.com

Call the show at 573-837-4948.

This is the RSS feed address for your podcast app:  http://www.ufoship.com/?feed=rss2&cat=11

This is The Spec Sheet on iTunes:  https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ufoship.com-the-spec-sheet/id779589536

AC400KICK

Hey MV, I listened to you on Spec Sheet talking about Dave Noory posting here. Good show

Quote from: onan on October 12, 2013, 02:10:49 AM
Mostly we will be talking about how good I look in saran wrap.
Quote from: Harmness on October 12, 2013, 02:32:45 PM
I really wish I could unread that.

Ummm...Wait a minute...Could I, ummmm, could I have just a little peek??    :-*

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: AC400KICK on October 13, 2013, 08:08:17 PM
Hey MV, I listened to you on Spec Sheet talking about Dave Noory posting here. Good show

hey, thank yewwwwwwww.

Mels-hole1984

I haven't been paying attention, did you ever have Dave on? Are you back in the States? Whens the next show?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on October 17, 2013, 04:28:35 PM
I haven't been paying attention, did you ever have Dave on? Are you back in the States? Whens the next show?

no. yes. not sure but soon.

Quote from: MV on October 18, 2013, 07:22:42 AM
no. yes. not sure but soon.

Welcome home...Tummy better??    :)

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Treading Water on October 20, 2013, 05:12:41 PM
Welcome home...Tummy better??    :)

yeah, that's all wrapped up, but i'm still having shades of the same headache that hit me in morocco.  it's slowly going away, but i'd be lying if i said i'm not sick anymore.  i can't convey to you how sick i was.

Tarbaby

Listening to the Aug shows now. Great fun! Even tired as you say you are, MV, you're hilarious. And co-host. And Romanians. Strong as an ox and twice as smart! :)
   On that issue of the name "SpecSHEET" I found it esthetically unappealing when I first saw it but once you explained how fitting it was (that all hardware has a specsheet) it made sense. But the thing is it doesn't beckon as a likely audio podcast. The name seems geared more to written text  files.
   On this idea of uncensored forum: Not a simple issue. I respect your insistence that BellGrab remain uncensored but I must say I and a bunch of other potential newcomers were put off by what I call the "vocal core" of vulgar foul-mouthed trolls. Seen mostly in threads like "live guest" et al.
   My friends that came over to BellGab (I heard about it from Art) all gave up and left but I stayed to investigate  (huge database). After several weeks I did find some great adult threads.
   But I guess you're apparently happy with BellGrab's growth rate, however, the vulgar trolls do ruin the general atmosphere.
   And I realize you agree because you talked about it on the show I'm listening to, where users are overly hostile to Noory in the "Noory Sucks" thread, as well as various guests on Dark Matter and other users. I was stunned at the degree of hostility.
   It's like school children (as in Lord of the Flies) yet many of these users are full grown adults.
   Wish I could have some helpfull advice about increasing UFOship podcast numbers but that's a problem everyone is having nowdays - how to get the word out and draw quality people.
   I heard about it in the "other podcasts" section on BellGrab.
   Anyway I* plan on being a regular podcast DL'er.... unless it's too late. I don't see a September DL.

lonevoice

It was a typo.  Should have been BallGrab, a variation on NutHug.

ziznak

bunch of fuckin potty mouths I'll tell ya!!

aldousburbank

Quote from: lonevoice on October 29, 2013, 12:58:21 PM
It was a typo.  Should have been BallGrab, a variation on NutHug.
Typo.
OK
     ::)

Quote from: Tarbaby on October 29, 2013, 12:11:43 PM
... users are overly hostile to Noory in the "Noory Sucks" thread, as well as various guests on Dark Matter and other users. I was stunned at the degree of hostility...

You were stunned at the level of hostility to George Noory in a thread called George Noory Sucks?  I'm stunned - even George posts there.

One thing missing in your post are comments saying the criticism - however harsh - of George and some of the Dark Matter guests is inaccurate.

Tarbaby

My comments about users' harshness wasn't based on anything I read in the "Noory Sucks" thread. I have never read it. It was based on what MV was saying in the UFOship.com podcast I was listening to. I was agreeing with him about the "low rent" quality of the vocal vulgar core that scares off new adult users, a bunch of which I knew that came by here within the last two months. And left right away. Most of them were females and you know how skittish they can be about extreme coarse language.
   So my point isn't about Noory (I didn't like him 12 years ago when Art left so I quit listening to that show for all those years).
   The last time he totally pissed me off was when he had Lisette Larkins on his show. I have been dabbling with his show since Art came back.
   But my point wasn't about him it was about how crude highly visible users do harm BellGab even though no-censorship is a noble principle.
   Paper Boy, the criticism, per se, of various guests might well be accurate but it is unnecessarily uncivil.

Tarbaby

Quote from: aldousburbank on October 29, 2013, 12:27:09 PM
BellGrab
:o
:) Haha! Must have been some kind of Freudian slip. Hey, at least I can see you and LoneVoice read my post.... and didn't flame me.
   BTW, LoneVoice, I caught your post about Hogueland and Sitchin having a (love) child - Jason Martell. I laughed outloud.

MV/Liberace!

glad you like the show, tarbaby.

the next episode of the spec sheet will be tuesday, nov. 5th (tomorrow) at 7pm central.  visit ufoship.com to listen.

Quote from: MV on November 04, 2013, 08:57:30 PM
glad you like the show, tarbaby.

the next episode of the spec sheet will be tuesday, nov. 5th (tomorrow) at 7pm central.  visit ufoship.com to listen.

Whatever happened with the Noory interview?

MV's show seems like an appropriate place for Art to come on as a guest and explain WTF happened with Dark Matter and whether this is the end

Tarbaby

MV: Thanks for that heads-up. I plan on being there for it.
Paper*Boy: I like that idea. But what would possibly entice ol' Art to participate in a SpecSheet or GabCast show/interview? Do any of you guys even know if Art ever* does interviews?

Tarbaby

And BTW while it could be cathartic and amusing for Art it could also be great for MV, of course. And it's not unheard of. I recall within this last year a small local podcaster by happenstance got ahold of Paul McCartney who did about an hour long podcast interview. HUGE boost for the guy's internet cachet. Can't remember how it came about just now. Luck, largely. I believe the guy said (in an interview I heard) he happened to be offstage where McCartney was doing an appearance, saw him, and fighting his own fear appraoched McCartney and asked him if he wanted to be interviewed on a local podcast. He almost fainted when Paul agreed. And it went great.
  But, for example, if Art had a need to vent and didn't have a venue for it and he knew he had a friendly audience (BellGab has 2400+ rabid fans, technically - true, many are dead or MIA :) ) I imagine an interview could occur.

But, if it does, remember to WEAR YOUR MIC/HEADPHONES and TURN YOUR RADIOS OFF! And don't forget, Art is a bit neurotic about sound/voice quality.

Example:
Guest: "Hello, Art. I'm here to tell you about Christ Jesus, who's sitting right here next to me in my rec room. He wants to tell the whole world why he came back just now and...."

Art: "Excuse me. EXCUSE ME! Are you using skype?  Because I hear a distinct hum! Sounds to me like 60 cycle bleedthrough with drifting phase-shift."

Guest: "But... But... It's JESUS! Really! He just turned my MadDog 20/20 into Pinot Noir! And..."

Art: "I'm sorry. Call back when you get rid of the hum. Next caller, Robert Casio, Tucumcari, New Mexico. you're on the air with Richard C Hawgland..."

Foodlion

Quote from: Tarbaby on November 05, 2013, 01:10:17 PM

Art: "I'm sorry. Call back when you get rid of the hum. Next caller, Robert Casio, Tucumcari, New Mexico. you're on the air with Richard C Hawgland..."

Art: Mr Casio, how goes the Voyerism business?
R.Casio: I've been watching this Asain women clean her house for 5 hours now. I think I see a dirty pair of pantys in the corner.
Art: That must be intense. Did you need a 5 minute alone break with your hanky?
R.Casio: No Mr Bell, I only get off to watching washing machines spin.

aldousburbank

Quote from: Tarbaby on November 05, 2013, 12:29:24 PM
MV: Thanks for that heads-up. I plan on being there for it.
Paper*Boy: I like that idea. But what would possibly entice ol' Art to participate in a SpecSheet or GabCast show/interview? Do any of you guys even know if Art ever* does interviews?
Back in the day he did, usually when inaugurating a new affiliate station. I had a friend who interviewed him for this in '98 or so. 

DanTSX

MV/Liberace!

we're live in a couple minutes.  call 573-837-4948 to be on the show.  ufoship.com to listen live.

bateman

Listening now. Good stuff.

shell88

I've invited producer Paul from the other active thread to call in. Maybe if there are a few other invites he will call.  He's answering questions over there right now.

Spinner

Listening.
Good show so far. 

phrodo

I tried to listen but got only silence until 8pm and then some cheesy easy listening music came on .... WTF??