• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 19, 2015, 01:10:23 PM
...  Have you ever heard the phrase innocent until proven guilty?...

That's relevant in court, not public opinion.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on December 19, 2015, 01:57:15 PM
The problem, my dear old darling, is that words are tricky for the uninitiated, so let me walk you through this. Feel free to ask questions if I go too fast for you.

I couldn't care a tinker's damn what Art does or says. I don't say he is lying either. The problem (and where you fall into your self-dug hole) is that you are a moron. It's one think to ask to see evidence for a claim, another to say that someone is flat out lying. I can't make the determination that he is telling a deliberate falsehood, but I can say that he hasn't brought enough to the table to be believed outright.

If you want to believe someone who appears to be losing his grip then you are free to do so. I don't think - on the evidence of the last few months - that you could say that he is operating at optimum mental efficiency. In fact, I might even say that he is giving signs of hosting a small colony of bats in his upper-storey. Perhaps you and Art can go flying drones indoors together - it sounds like the sort of stuff you'd enjoy. Perhaps he'd even let you jerk him off afterwards.

Saying to someone 'you can't prove it's not true' falls into  the same category as all those other claims that think they are strong because they can't be tested. I can't  prove he wasn't shot at, but he can't prove he was. I can't say he's lying, I can only say that he hasn't given enough for us to believe him.

In the great scheme of things, I don't care one way or the other. But don't let me stop you getting Xmas cards from the Tooth Fairy, or putting out a glass of sherry for Santy Claus in the next few days.  We all need our little daydreams, don't we?

When you started posting, I though you were witty and even erudite, but lately you've shown yourself to be a pompous, overbearing, self-absorbed twit.  If you don't care about any of this why do you invest so much time drafting lengthy, repetitive posts peppered with twee insults on the subject?  Just let it go and let people discuss what they want.  If that annoys you so much, quit reading the threads that pertain to Art. 

Quote from: JamesMcDonald on December 19, 2015, 01:23:14 PM
He doesn't have to prove anything to anyone.  He owes you nothing...

Correct.  And we are entitled to decide for ourselves and owe him nothing either.

Art Bell

Now that is a good idea! Perhaps he or she has bragged to somebody!

I will offer $20,000.00 to anybody providing information leading to the Arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the Stalking Terror resulting in my Leaving the air from MITD.

Art Bell

nika01

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 03:47:54 PM

I will offer $20,000.00 to anybody providing information leading to the Arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible for the Stalking Terror resulting in my Leaving the air from MITD.

Art Bell
That just happened. Cool. No honor amongst thieves I hope.

Ciardelo

Art Bell
Really? Just now? You just now are doing this? better late than never.

CornyCrow

Art Bell
That's really nice.  Why did you not file reports with the police and encourage their help?  If you are willing to offer money, why not spend it on people who are experienced in doing such things, such as detectives, rather than announce it to this inexperienced group of fans? 

Quote from: Uncle Duke on December 19, 2015, 01:43:57 PM
As I've said before, I do not claim, nor have I ever claimed, Art has lied about any part of this...

If there is a difference between saying 'I'm hanging them up and won't be on tonight or any other night', and saying 'I'm retiring', then there is a difference between saying 'I don't believe this story' and saying 'he's lying'. 

bellNwhistle

The idiot or idiots responsible may still blab their mouths off..  hopefully. I mean, who else can say they took Art Bell off the air?  Seems pretty brag-worthy. 

I hope that works, Art. 

Quote from: Art Bell on December 19, 2015, 03:03:17 PM
I am still a Bell Gabber and not sorry I picked this site, I don't like easy and I don't like suck up's so I prefer it here and can hold my own.

I do think some of the things being said about Heather are below Bell Gab's normal low standards however.

Art

So transparent, lol.

Be well Art, look after your mental well being, and ffs, don't string people along with another show. It's not healthy for you, the family, or the listening audience.

csummers

here comes drama-claus, here comes drama-claus, right down drama-claus lane!!!!!!!!!

it got kinda quiet for a bit........can't have that!!!!!!!

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 03:53:27 PM

The idiot or idiots responsible may still blab their mouths off..  hopefully. I mean, who else can say they took Art Bell off the air?  Seems pretty brag-worthy. 

I hope that works, Art.

I think his money is safe.

coaster

20,000 huh? ok. his name is Leo Ashcraft. Now give me my money..

Art Bell

My word.

Bellgab has its own Amazing Randi paranormal challenge.

Roswells, Art

Art Bell

Get ready for a bunch of fortune hunters milling around your property Art.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 19, 2015, 04:00:22 PM

Ciardelo

Quote from: Roswells, Art on December 19, 2015, 04:00:22 PM
I wonder if somebody might have a google aerial map of the property? Where would we go to get one?

aldousburbank

Quote from: nika01 on December 19, 2015, 03:39:28 PM
Only the mentally deficient and trolls are taking it out on Heather. Heather is infinetly preferable to most of the rest. I think we are lucky to have her.
Hater

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 19, 2015, 04:04:31 PM
I wonder if somebody might have a google aerial map of the property? Where would we go to get one?

Somebody needs a spanking, Ciardelo. I think it's you.  :P

Is it just me, or did anyone think Art was being sarcastic when he posted that? I did, for a minute.  But it's officially on his FB now, so I guess it's the real deal.

At this point, with what little info the police have on this person (or persons), and a whole slew of crazy AB fans out there to pick from (spanning many decades of listeners), they're not going to put up a reward.  And clearly, they can't do any more.  Regardless of what should have been done, or what we think Art should have done (and when), I'd imagine he's got about as good a chance as anyone else to get info.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Paper*Boy on December 19, 2015, 03:52:07 PM
If there is a difference between saying 'I'm hanging them up and won't be on tonight or any other night', and saying 'I'm retiring', then there is a difference between saying 'I don't believe this story' and saying 'he's lying'.
Maybe the implication is that there is information missing from 'the story' and not that there is direct lying?   

HumanBeing

Art Bell

That is a great idea. This should definitely result in more leads for law enforcement to check into.

GravitySucks

Quote from: Ciardelo on December 19, 2015, 04:04:31 PM

Going out on a limb here, Google?

Kolchak

Art Bell

I'm now imagining the Nye County Sheriff's office fielding hundreds of calls from hack psychics and remote viewers offering to help.

HumanBeing

I do think some of the things being said about Heather are below Bell Gab's normal low standards however.

Art

Most of the real nasty stuff, in my view, has been thrown at Heather from the recent influx of 4chan members registering on the site.

I think constructive criticism is fair play but to attack the person, because there is no one who can fill your boots, is uncalled for.

Value Of Pi

I am well aware I burned bridges, I said what I said and I can't take the words back and will not try but I will say I was emotional and had not had much if any sleep when I said them. I am a person who says what's on my mind at any given time and that was the case at that moment l, otherwise no excuses.

For those who think I lied about what happened I guess nothing else I can say will effect your opinion but know this, I put a hell of a lot of my own money into building my Studio, Advertising and so much more including my Heart and Soul into this effort. I did not give up easily and you all have no way of knowing how bad it was here for my Family which was the deciding factor for me.

I am still a Bell Gabber and not sorry I picked this site, I don't like easy and I don't like suck up's so I prefer it here and can hold my own.

Art

So, okay, you have an impulsivity problem. You control it very well on the job but not so well when things get hairy elsewhere in your life. Lots of people have this problem and they tend to say "I'm sorry" a lot for all the things they didn't really mean to say or do. Sometimes, those things can't be totally unsaid or undone no matter what effort is made. But often, a burned bridge is still somehow standing.

And there's the rub with you in this situation. You've posted several times but you really haven't made the effort to try and set the record straight about where you're coming from with all these comings and goings. You let Keith and Heather try and patch over this latest drama on last night's show, but the person who needed to do the talking was you.

I don't think you're lying about the bare facts of what you say has been going on at your residence. I do think you're lying to yourself if you think you can't take back any of what you said last week or since. You could make the effort and I think you might be surprised at the results.

And Heather? Sure, some of the comments here have been unkind. But a lot of truth has also been spoken. The whole subject is just more of the above.

By the way, if you did come back on the air and talk openly about all this stuff, **that** would be some great radio. Never mind Bigfoot. It might also give Paranormal Radio a shot of some of the originality and innovation it's been losing over the years -- even if it's coming from a different genre of talk radio.

norland2424

Quote from: bellNwhistle on December 19, 2015, 04:17:04 PM
Somebody needs a spanking, Ciardelo. I think it's you.  :P

Is it just me, or did anyone think Art was being sarcastic when he posted that? I did, for a minute.  But it's officially on his FB now, so I guess it's the real deal.

At this point, with what little info the police have on this person (or persons), and a whole slew of crazy AB fans out there to pick from (spanning many decades of listeners), they're not going to put up a reward.  And clearly, they can't do any more.  Regardless of what should have been done, or what we think Art should have done (and when), I'd imagine he's got about as good a chance as anyone else to get info.

it might be him posting out of impulse since people are giving him shit , i just dont see this helping much. ( his plan not your comment )

CornyCrow

Quote from: HumanBeing on December 19, 2015, 04:17:31 PM

That is a great idea. This should definitely result in more leads for law enforcement to check into.
If Art refuses to file reports, why should law enforcement get involved?  Art should put his money with the experts, not offer it to us.  He should be cooperating with officials, but is not. 

coaster

Yeah, a lot of the new members are the ones giving Heather shit. You can't blame the whole site because a couple of  idiots. You also have to remember the reason Heather is getting so much shit is because the ginormous amount of butthurt people have because Art left. No one can replace him, so why are people trying, ya know? Lets run Heather out of town..
It's all quite silly.

bellNwhistle

Before it goes nuts in here again...

I can't hear this song w/out thinking of the good ol' radio days of Art Bell.

https://youtu.be/zhRzORqNa0E