• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

starrmtn001

Quote from: starrmtn001 on April 08, 2015, 11:56:57 AM
What???   No!!! 
Just trying to info on an old UFO Special on NBC (or maybe it was ABC).  Art was in a segment and I thought he might remember.  He doesn't.  As there are more important things going on here, I'll take "no" for the answer to my question and move on.

Wait . . . you're pulling my let leg, aren't you?  :-[ ;D
Oops. :-[

starrmtn001

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 08, 2015, 12:25:07 PM
Not sure what your "let" is but sure seems like it is being pulled.
Typo, sorry.  "Leg."

Marc.Knight

Quote from: starrmtn001 on April 08, 2015, 01:28:46 PM
Typo, sorry.  "Leg."

sorry not necessary... all in fun.   :)

Quote from: starrmtn001 on April 08, 2015, 11:56:57 AM
What???   No!!! 
Just trying to info on an old UFO Special on NBC (or maybe it was ABC).  Art was in a segment and I thought he might remember.  He doesn't.  As there are more important things going on here, I'll take "no" for the answer to my question and move on.

Wait . . . you're pulling my let, aren't you?  :-[ ;D

This is what you're looking fer:

http://youtu.be/Fn0D9paan0c

Marc.Knight

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 08, 2015, 01:32:42 PM

Kind of ironic if Peter Jennings was an alien playing with our heads.

Quote from: Northern Nights on April 08, 2015, 09:37:44 AM
Art remember that the journey is sometimes as much fun as the destination.  Though you're stressed about this now someday you'll look back at this time with fondness...

Of course we aren't usually traveling with a bunch of lawyers trying to derail the train..

rzr1911

Those huge triangle-UFOs are most likely government "black project" blimps with a silent engine.
They only appear at night, i believe, because then they're not so easy to recognize as "just triangular blimps",
and you can't see where they take off and land.

lonevoice

Quote from: Marc.Knight on April 08, 2015, 12:31:02 PM

http://youtu.be/NE2ZvYByMfs
Holy catz, that's beautiful.  I can't believe a high school kid did this for a school project!   Amazing and very moving, also appropriate for our roller coaster ride. 

Marc.Knight

Quote from: lonevoice on April 08, 2015, 02:04:55 PM
Holy catz, that's beautiful.  I can't believe a high school kid did this for a school project!   Amazing and very moving, also appropriate for our roller coaster ride.

I agree.

Art, did you watch SG1 when it was on? Never heard you mention the show before on any of your shows. Of course I didn't hear all of your shows  ;). SG1 is probably my all time favorite TV series.

starrmtn001

Quote from: FightTheFuture on April 08, 2015, 01:32:42 PM

That's it!  Thank you very much FightThe Future. :D

b_dubb

Quote from: rzr1911 on April 08, 2015, 01:56:40 PM
Those huge triangle-UFOs are most likely government "black project" blimps with a silent engine.
They only appear at night, i believe, because then they're not so easy to recognize as "just triangular blimps",
and you can't see where they take off and land.

All part of Solar Warden. Your tax dollars at work ... INNNNNN SPPPPOAAAAAAAAACE

Ewavegeek

If the show does go through, I'd be very interested to see what kind of equipment makes a studio and how it's different from what SiriusXM built. Pictures! We need pictures :) Here's hoping for the best.

Bonanza Pilot

Quote from: Roswells, Art on April 08, 2015, 01:46:10 PM
Eeeh!  Thanks!

Who is the chick in your avatar? She's adorable.

Kolchak

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on April 08, 2015, 05:11:46 PM

Looks like Anna Farris to me.

ks3484

Quote from: Ewavegeek on April 08, 2015, 04:54:46 PM
If the show does go through, I'd be very interested to see what kind of equipment makes a studio and how it's different from what SiriusXM built. Pictures! We need pictures :) Here's hoping for the best.

Left click on the picture to enlarge it.

bateman

Quote from: Bonanza Pilot on April 08, 2015, 05:11:46 PM

I'm almost uncomfortable with how adorable she is.

Skunk Ape

Quote from: ks3484 on April 08, 2015, 05:18:50 PM
Left click on the picture to enlarge it.

That's all HAM gear I believe. The other gear is off screen there. The video posted earlier did show footage from the home studio, you get to see the board, computer and whatnot. And the coffee thermos with straw.

zeebo

Quote from: Skunk Ape on April 08, 2015, 06:46:02 PM
That's all HAM gear I believe. The other gear is off screen there. ....

That pic triggered a memory of one of Art's shows where he was discussing various transmission protocols and antenna types (or some such radio-gearhead type stuff) and for some reason I just found it so fun and fascinating. 

How did Art get this gift where he can make you need to know about stuff you weren't even aware of before and probably have no practical use for and yet dammit I need to know about it!  Haha I'm sure I'm not alone here on experiencing this strange effect.   :D

sydtron

Harry Chapin W.O.L.D. (WOLD):
http://youtu.be/QVh6aOwY08g

Heard this song today for the first time! Made me think of Art! What a great song.  And since this ISN'T a bumper music suggestion, I think its fair game here. Enjoy!

Ewavegeek

Quote from: Skunk Ape on April 08, 2015, 06:46:02 PM
That's all HAM gear I believe. The other gear is off screen there. The video posted earlier did show footage from the home studio, you get to see the board, computer and whatnot. And the coffee thermos with straw.

Nice, I see some HF rigs there, but no cw key? tis an outrage ;)

Quote from: zeebo on April 08, 2015, 07:42:38 PM
That pic triggered a memory of one of Art's shows where he was discussing various transmission protocols and antenna types (or some such radio-gearhead type stuff) and for some reason I just found it so fun and fascinating. 

How did Art get this gift where he can make you need to know about stuff you weren't even aware of before and probably have no practical use for and yet dammit I need to know about it!  Haha I'm sure I'm not alone here on experiencing this strange effect.   :D

Haha yeah.  Antennae don't seem very interesting but then Art would tell you a story about how he snuck it through the living room to the back yard and you would share his excitement.

Art Bell

Ah yes I forgot about the Peter Jennings special, I have not seen that in a long time, it was sadly his last.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell on April 08, 2015, 10:45:18 PM
Ah yes I forgot about the Peter Jennings special, I have not seen that in a long time, it was sadly his last.

Art

He was a hell of a journalist.

paladin1991

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 08, 2015, 11:04:40 PM
yep.  He probably drank Scotch.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: paladin1991 on April 08, 2015, 11:29:43 PM
yep.  He probably drank Scotch.

As he rightly should have.

nbirnes

Quote from: nooryisawesome on April 08, 2015, 11:04:40 PM
For those of you who might want to know more about that broadcast, I have here for you a treat: it's the entire issue we ran with Jennings on the cover and a bunch of great UFO legends rebutting and generally raving in anger about the show and its failings, even as we celebrated the attention. I loved doing the cover and the internal layout, which highlighted his beautiful face.

Hope you enjoy:
http://www.futuretheater.com/assets/pdf/jennings-rebuttal.pdf