• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Ask Liberace! Anything

Started by Lilith, October 11, 2018, 08:10:37 AM

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 15, 2019, 12:06:45 AM
Like the fact that only cat ladies listen to your show? ???

Where are they? Lol

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: username on September 15, 2019, 12:09:02 AM
Where are they? Lol

Or how about the fact that you don’t use your natural voice but pretend to be a DJ robot on air.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2Th8JGsJuo

ItsOver

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on September 14, 2019, 11:37:23 PM
Maybe even an FBI award for outstanding achievement in the field of excellence. ;)

pate

OBL!,

I seem to recall this being used as bumper music on C2C, it might be that wacky Mandelbrot Affect again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dOx510kyOs

In light of many coincidental recent events and developments, it might fit into the stringent rules for a "re-make"?

Nautical Shore.

-p

Hey Liberace,

At the 10 minute mark, The Master laments not being able to handle live calls during a podcast.  The collaboration shows where you ran the board and he fielded the calls, were magic.

Any chance on a reconciliation?  Or is him wishing you dead and reporting you to the FBI for cyber crimes, after you went the extra mile to help him still an issue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kjBUFCBrWE

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on November 08, 2019, 07:46:04 AM
The collaboration shows where you ran the board and he fielded the calls, were magic.

Any chance on a reconciliation?

I would do it all again. Any time. He doesn't need to be my friend in order for me to board op his show.

Quote from: Liberace! on November 08, 2019, 10:42:41 PM
I would do it all again. Any time. He doesn't need to be my friend in order for me to board op his show.

Oh of course you would.  No way The Master would go for it though.  Too bad. 

Pizzapunch

What was the book you recently mentioned on the gabcast about the JFK assassination, that you praised?

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Liberace! on November 08, 2019, 10:42:41 PM

in order for this to come to fruition all over again, you would first have to send him at least three new iPads sealed up.

Quote from: username on November 13, 2019, 07:52:25 PM

in order for this to come to fruition all over again, you would first have to send him at least three new iPads sealed up.

Does the surveillance software come pre-installed?  When it comes to computers, Senda can't find his own ass with a map and a flashlight.   

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pizzapunch on November 13, 2019, 12:15:44 PM
What was the book you recently mentioned on the gabcast about the JFK assassination, that you praised?

That was Reclaiming History by Vincent Bugliosi.

https://www.amazon.com/Reclaiming-History-Assassination-President-Kennedy/dp/0393045250

Hog

Hey Lee, if your Mother in Law is still visiting, could you ask Nabila to ask her if she remembers any occurrences back in 1959 involving "cooking oil" and paralysis?

"A large outbreak of TOCP poisoning occurred in Meknes, Morocco, in the 1960s. Of the 10,000 cases, nearly all of them were Arab and middle class, with the majority being women. The condition was found to be caused by the adulteration of cooking oil with lubricating oil used in jet engines which contained 3% mixed cresyl phosphates."

In 1930, something similar happened in the USA, 50,000 were supposedly affected.

I was researching "fume incidents" where bleed air that pressurizes aircraft cabins becomes contaminated with engine oil containing the cresyl phosphates.

Not a biggie, if you think of it, I'm just curious.

peace
Hog

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Hog on November 20, 2019, 04:05:52 PM

"A large outbreak of TOCP poisoning occurred in Meknes, Morocco, in the 1960s. Of the 10,000 cases, nearly all of them were Arab and middle class, with the majority being women. The condition was found to be caused by the adulteration of cooking oil with lubricating oil used in jet engines which contained 3% mixed cresyl phosphates."

Jesus.

Yeah I'll ask her. I'll have to wait until my wife gets home in a little bit though because this is too complex a question for my broken Arabic.

MV/Liberace!

By the way... While you're at it, if you're interested in 20th century Moroccan events, look into the attempted coup by General Mohammed Oufkir against King Hassan II. Dude tried to shoot the Kings plane down.

Hog

Quote from: Liberace! on November 20, 2019, 06:19:47 PM
By the way... While you're at it, if you're interested in 20th century Moroccan events, look into the attempted coup by General Mohammed Oufkir against King Hassan II. Dude tried to shoot the Kings plane down.
Cool.. I'll check it out.

Peace
Hog

albrecht

Quote from: Hog on November 20, 2019, 07:55:50 PM
Cool.. I'll check it out.

Peace
Hog
And Western Sahara. In general the area is "interesting." And other odd, "outposts" of Europe still there? Some of the places were filmed, I think, for movie World War Z with regard to some fences in Melillia?

PChirp

Quote from: Liberace! on November 20, 2019, 06:16:19 PM
Jesus.

Yeah I'll ask her. I'll have to wait until my wife gets home in a little bit though because this is too complex a question for my broken Arabic.

Lee,

You never fail to impress.  Arabic too?  I'm well aware of your Moroccan travels, wife, and exploits but that cannot be an easy language to pick up.  Can you, like, leave each other notes and shit around the house?  Right to left dude, how do you do it?  I realize if you live day to day with it, it's undoubtedly going to rub off on you.  Just curious, BTW, are your daughters learning both English and Arabic?  Don't think I've ever broached that topic with you---not that it's truly any of my business in the first place but there are always going to be folks out there organizing 'cells' for Jihad.   ;D ;D ;D ;D  Bet I just made some sort of governmental watch list with my verbiage.  What the fuck.

Flamboyance is your thing, Lee.  Keep that shit up and don't let Scott bring you down.  From what he's divulged on the Stern show, he's a packing a force to be reckoned with.  Life is WAY too damn short!   :(

All The Best--

PChirp  ;)

P.S.--Pepper wishes you and yours the best from the "Great Beyond".  As if it wasn't haunting enough here on Earth.  "As above, so below."

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: albrecht on November 20, 2019, 09:37:30 PM
And Western Sahara. In general the area is "interesting." And other odd, "outposts" of Europe still there? Some of the places were filmed, I think, for movie World War Z with regard to some fences in Melillia?

I was in Ouarzazate in 2017 where lots of stuff has been filmed. Pretty interesting. Check it out.

When Hollywood isn't busy virtue signaling about how much they care about the poor and downtrodden or the rich paying their fair share, they go here to film because US labor laws don't apply and they avoid tons of taxes.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: PChirp on November 20, 2019, 10:55:05 PM
Lee,

You never fail to impress.  Arabic too?
After 12 years of marriage to a terrorist, you're going to learn a lot whether you want to or not. Mind you, I can communicate simple concepts in Arabic and understand the subject of most conversations, but my Arabic is an embarrassment. The Moroccan people love you if you're trying at all, though. 

...that cannot be an easy language to pick up.

It's definitely not. Since it's not Latin based at all, you are very much starting from scratch. I just love English speakers who think they're brain surgeons because they can speak Spanish. Fuck me. Half of the work is already done for you!

Can you, like, leave each other notes and shit around the house?

At one time I was learning the Arabic alphabet, but I kinda slacked off on that. Oh, by the way, Moroccan Arabic is a very specific dialect with heavy Berber foundations, so learning it would by no means prepare me for a visit to, say, Saudi Arabia. Most Saudis could never understand a conversation between my wife and her mom.

Just curious, BTW, are your daughters learning both English and Arabic?

They're fluent.

P.S.--Pepper wishes you and yours the best from the "Great Beyond".  As if it wasn't haunting enough here on Earth.  "As above, so below."

Please tell B-Pep, as I've always called him, I'm keeping shit on point, just as he would have wanted.

ItsOver

Quote from: Liberace! on November 21, 2019, 03:10:19 PM
After 12 years of marriage to a terrorist, you're going to learn a lot whether you want to or not...
Ha!  I won't mess with Lee.  I don't need a tequila-based molotov cocktail on my roof or a booby trapped piano.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on November 21, 2019, 02:56:14 PM
I was in Ouarzazate in 2017 where lots of stuff has been filmed. Pretty interesting. Check it out.

When Hollywood isn't busy virtue signaling about how much they care about the poor and downtrodden or the rich paying their fair share, they go here to film because US labor laws don't apply and they avoid tons of taxes.
Ha. Yeah, apparently movies made there for decades. I'm sure cheap labor, ease of getting background crowds, and lack of labor law is a reason but the buildings also lend itself to certain movies.

I have never been but have heard good things about Morocco coming from tourists. Cheaper than many destinations and as a cousin put it, as an example, "from the outside the building looks like a shit-hole but step through a small door and it is an amazing restaurant, central courtyard, etc." 

I did not him them than Norry used to have a restaurant whose theme was English explorers and Marrakesh.  The restaurant failed because they changed the roads and there was no parking or easy valet service.   

ps: K_Dubb might be interested that there is a strong DNA link between Berbers and the Sami/Laps in Scandinavia/Russia apparently.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ItsOver on November 21, 2019, 04:47:04 PM
Ha!  I won't mess with Lee.  I don't need a tequila-based molotov cocktail on my roof or a booby trapped piano.

Heh heh, I wouldn't waste good tequila.

WOTR

Quote from: Liberace! on November 21, 2019, 03:10:19 PM
After 12 years of marriage to a terrorist, you're going to learn a lot whether you want to or not. Mind you, I can communicate simple concepts in Arabic

It seems to me that as long as you know when to yell "Alluah Akbar!" and push the detonation button, there should not be much else needed for communication. That should communicate everything necessary in one simple, easy to understand phrase.

AZZERAE

Would it be OK if I made a thread for my podcast and posted links to new shows as they are released?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: AZRAA on November 23, 2019, 03:20:51 AM
Would it be OK if I made a thread for my podcast and posted links to new shows as they are released?

Probably not (speaking from a strickly quality point of view)...but do it anyway.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: AZRAA on November 23, 2019, 03:20:51 AM

That's fiiiiine.

pate

Why am I still on hold?

Nautical Shore.

-p