• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Main Menu

Ebola

Started by VtaGeezer, March 27, 2014, 11:56:35 PM

area51drone

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on October 02, 2014, 11:52:39 PM
I didn't ignore it,, it was so idiotic an 'answer' it  wasn't worth addreesing. You might as well airdrop the constituant materials for  fully functioning western standard hospital. It's pointless unless you have people on the ground who are capable of putting it all together.   Yeah okay. None of that will stop it's spread. It needs addressing at source with expert international help. Not knee jerk panic led mass murder.

You just proved my point again.   What part of "bring in people as necessary to help them" did you not understand?  It's such a waste of time talking with you.  All you want to do is try to fight for some reason.   

area51drone

If you haven't watched it lately, I suggest you watch it again:

The Outbreak Contagion Mashup Trailer

I think this country has a moral obligation to assist those in Africa suffering  from this hideous disease. I have absolutely no idea what it would take, logistically, to stabilize things there and get much needed aid to those poor folks, but whatever it is, we must endeavor to see that it happens!

Ebola puke on the sidewalk you say? Let's call the CDC hazmat team to errrr... Pressure wash it with errrr.... No protective gear on.

wr250

Quote from: nooryisawesome on October 03, 2014, 04:35:07 AM

Ebola puke on the sidewalk you say? Let's call the CDC hazmat team to errrr... Pressure wash it with errrr.... No protective gear on.
find a small baggie of white powder? call in the full hazmat team, block off the streets, evacuate the area, oh wait its just some blow ...

b_dubb

Quote from: area51drone on October 02, 2014, 12:39:23 PM
You really are a fucking dumbass Puddy.   
[/qurote]
When you become unhinged you really don't fuck around

area51drone

Quote from: b_dubb on October 03, 2014, 05:23:51 AM
When become unhinged you really don't fuck around

Huh?

Thanks for those pics nia - that just proves why this will spread.   No one is taking it seriously.

Quote from: b_dubb on October 03, 2014, 05:23:51 AM
When you become unhinged you really don't fuck around

Civility cop in da house!

Quote from: b_dubb on September 25, 2014, 12:33:06 PM
it's sick and your self important bullshit speaks to your narcissism and your sociopathy.  you suck and i hope you choke to death on your bullshit.

fuck you,

b_dubb

paladin1991

Quote from: FightTheFuture on October 03, 2014, 04:10:44 AM
I think this country has a moral obligation to assist those in Africa suffering  from this hideous disease. I have absolutely no idea what it would take, logistically, to stabilize things there and get much needed aid to those poor folks, but whatever it is, we must endeavor to see that it happens!
You are right, of course.  And we as a nation have waited too long to do so.  As the lone superpower, we need to flex that power to preserve people and the good order that they deserve. 

Quote from: paladin1991 on October 03, 2014, 09:47:15 AM
You are right, of course.  And we as a nation have waited too long to do so.  As the lone superpower, we need to flex that power to preserve people and the good order that they deserve.

They don't have any oil or other natural resources that we need, so fuck them.

This message has been brought to you by The Republican Party of America

BattyBrooke

Quote from: pate on September 16, 2014, 11:04:34 PM
This sounds a bit strange to me for some reason, isn't this more up the alley of the Peace Corps or something?

I get that the military has CBRN capabilities, so is in a way equipped to deal with Ebola as a biological threat, but it still seems like a strange idea...

I think it is partially because Health Workers passing out pamphlets about the virus and how to avoid transmission etc. in nearby regions and villages are having their throats slit by villagers and thrown in the communal latrine. There are so many myths circulating these regions such as: Westerners (healthcare workers and the like) are purposely spreading the disease, it is all a hoax by the Nigerian government to secure funding/money from the U.S., it can be cured with coffee and hot cocoa or salt and water etc etc.

BattyBrooke

Quote from: albrecht on September 17, 2014, 07:51:03 AM
Obama has put more BP and ICE workers doing paperwork then rounding up illegals or protecting the border. Also hearings for the few illegals caught and released is put off for years. Meanwhile the illegals get free schooling, healthcare, and housing. Compare treatment of illegals with that of veterans: have you heard of any secret waiting lists for illegals?  One report said ICE was even baking a birthcake for an illegal!!

At least he has deported more illegals than any preceding U.S. President BUT, it's still too little too late. The pipe may have been leaking before, now it's a full blown bust and we're trying to seal it with a wadded up piece of gum. Strawberry Hubba Bubba probably...

Kelt

Liberia and Nigeria have oil; I have buddies over there right now.   Most people in the city I'm from are involved in the Oil industry, and tend to be scattered around the world's oily places.

I think the US got its fingers burned last time it tried a humanitarian action in Africa, so can understand any reticence with regards getting involved there again.

paladin1991

Quote from: Kelt on October 03, 2014, 12:10:03 PM
Liberia and Nigeria have oil; I have buddies over there right now.   Most people in the city I'm from are involved in the Oil industry, and tend to be scattered around the world's oily places.

I think the US got its fingers burned last time it tried a humanitarian action in Africa, so can understand any reticence with regards getting involved there again.
Go in with guns and needles?  I don't know the right approach, but I do know what is right.

BattyBrooke

So the manfrom Liberia in Dallas lied about previously having contact with an infected person when screened before boarding the flight. This is so shocking, I mean, expecting a human to tell the truth is a fool proof screening tool. Real high tech.

Why are we allowing flights from any of these petrie dish areas anyway?!?!!!! No fever and no symptoms does NOT equal NO Ebola!!!!!!

Lastly, the NBC news freelance camerman that was just diagnosed on Thursday, came down with symptoms the SAME DAY he arrived in Liberia! If there is a 21 day incubation period, where the hell did he contract it from??? Why is the news not reporting any concern about this little fact?!

Quote from: Kelt on October 03, 2014, 12:10:03 PM
Liberia and Nigeria have oil;

Did you take my comment as serious and literal?

Here's another one: "They're all Muslims over there, so fuck them."

BattyBrooke

Quote from: wr250 on October 03, 2014, 05:22:24 AM
find a small baggie of white powder? call in the full hazmat team, block off the streets, evacuate the area, oh wait its just some blow ...

The 101 freeway (MAJOR fwy) in Los Angeles was shut down for HOURS during evening rush hour because there was a damn backpack in a lane. Bombsquad, helicopters etc called out and it was a case of beer. A case of beer!! Yet this is how much caution we use when dealing with a killer the bombsquad and police and SWAT cannot stop.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on October 03, 2014, 12:23:06 PM
The 101 freeway (MAJOR fwy) in Los Angeles was shut down for HOURS during evening rush hour because there was a damn backpack in a lane. Bombsquad, helicopters etc called out and it was a case of beer. A case of beer!! Yet this is how much caution we use when dealing with a killer the bombsquad and police and SWAT cannot stop.

A lot of stuff like this is scar tissue from past experiences.  We don't have any scar tissue from ebola...yet.

Kelt

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 03, 2014, 12:20:26 PM

I didn't see any reason not to.

QuoteHere's another one: "They're all Muslims over there, so fuck them."

See, there's the problem.  You're being facetious, however that is the genuine attitude of many people.  This makes it difficult to discern the facetious from the serious and literal.

paladin1991

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 03, 2014, 12:20:26 PM

Here's another one: "They're all Muslims over there, so fuck them."
Here's one:  You are the PigSnuggler.  Nothing like a little long pork on the grill.

Quote from: Kelt on October 03, 2014, 12:35:29 PM
I didn't see any reason not to.

The italicized part about the Pub Party didn't give you a hint?

Quote from: Kelt on October 03, 2014, 12:35:29 PM
This makes it difficult to discern the facetious from the serious and literal.

Look!  Up in the sky!  It's a bird!  It's a plane!  No, it's RATIONALIZATION MAN!!

Say, on a related note, what's so traffic-stopping about seeing a bird or a plane up in the sky?  Never quite dug that part.

Quote from: BattyBrooke on October 03, 2014, 12:04:33 PM
At least he has deported more illegals than any preceding U.S. President...

Not so.

They changed the definition of deported to include those intercepted and turned away at the border.  Previously, those people were not counted as deported.

VtaGeezer

This is the first step in what the US military will do.  Of course, per Craig Hulette last night on C2C, it's likely to be domestic propaganda:

http://www.hoa.africom.mil/story/8428/seabees-from-task-force-68-to-support-ebola-outbreak-response

Kelt

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on October 03, 2014, 01:08:14 PM
The italicized part about the Pub Party didn't give you a hint?

Unfortunately there's more than one way to interpret that.

I took it to mean that our inaction is based on their lack of resources, a policy pioneered by the Republican Party

Rather than;

They have no resources, I'm just joking about them having no resources.

Quote from: Kelt on October 03, 2014, 02:22:26 PM
Unfortunately there's more than one way to interpret that.
Sure there is.