• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

anagrammy

Clearly, Noory has no bullshitometer.  That happens when a person is full of it themselves, you know.  For example, I can step out of my building and ask a random kid coming home from school,

Hey, kid, what do you think of Harold Camping predicting the world will end on May 21st this year?

Kid:  Well, that's a crock.

But Noory can't call even the most OBVIOUS snark-- wasn't it Alex Jones who asked him point blank what he thought of Camping's prediction and George said, "Well, something's going on out there."

I think he was not listening!  WHAT DOES HE DO DURING THE SHOW?  Richard Hoagland said it one night when he said, innocently, "I was IMing you during the show one time and you said....."

Yeah, he's texting, IMing, he's on the net.  Holy Crap!  Can't stay focused on the show where he is the host?  Please, no more, Lisa, if you are reading this, PLEASE LET HIM GO!

Anagrammy

George sucks

Think about this. The little phrase he likes to utter so frequently? "There are no coincidences" Maybe he is telling us all, "Phuck you" every time he says it. It is no coincidence he has the job. 

Scully

Yes, yes, yes!  My group therapy is working. I hear you all, and I'm feeling better.  George Noory really does suck!!   ;D

Lunger

Quote from: anagrammy on April 14, 2011, 01:05:37 PM

But Noory can't call even the most OBVIOUS snark-- wasn't it Alex Jones who asked him point blank what he thought of Camping's prediction and George said, "Well, something's going on out there."

I never though that about that Idiot Noory....  I think the reason he doesn't call people to task on this or that is because he doesn't think beyond clichés or mixed metaphors.  Noory just doesn't have the depth of intellect to go beyond "Was it angels?"

If it wasn't so sad, so real, he'd be a laugh riot! 

R0dan

I have tried & tried to give Noory a chance but this guy really does suck. I wanted to give him the benefit of a doubt but when he has to tie most of his interviews with a movie he has seen well I always seem to start screaming at my iPod. Granted it would be hard to interview someone day after day on arious subjects but Ian & George Knapp pull if off just fine.
Add me to the list of George Snorry detractors.

jinwicked

I think I have a problem, but I hope you understand.

George sucks

At the root of it all, at least one of the main problems is that he has essentially zero interest in any of the subject matter. He is into nutrition, vitamins, health related stuffs. It's easy to hear, and he even retains some of that info. But still, the questioning usually sucks. Anything historically Coast and he's playing with himself during the interview. Bored out of his scull with it and trying to pull off another night of faking interest.

That's another lie he tells about how he was/is soooo interested in UFO's. Just another line of crap to perpetuate the persona.

George Drooly

Quote from: George sucks on April 14, 2011, 12:12:47 PMGeorge had to go the dentist route for awhile. Then switched to radio.

There are no coincidences! The signal comes through either way. Maybe it's an implant? And hearing it makes me grind my teeth in frustration -- back to the dentist. And all dentists are psychotic droning blowhards with captive audiences.

valdez

I have praised George in the past for doing segments on the Fair Tax, thus I praise him again. Bill Spillane on what may be the answer to the crap fest we find ourselves in.  Tax cheat Tom Cryer was also on saying there is no law requiring you to pay taxes.  It took me all of 10 seconds to google this matter.  Yep.  There's a law.  George could have googled too, but we wouldn't want him "attacking" his guest with facts.  Later Richard Dolan discussed FBI documents relating to ufo's and the prospects of disclosure.  Nothing is more boring than "disclosure".  Ufology is in a serious rut.
     George is getting into the habit of promising "fascinating", or "incredible", or "astounding" guest, and usually, with occasional exceptions, they ain't.  Why does he set himself up?  Don't say it, George, just make it so.
     Has George doubled the number of endorsements he's doing?  It's like four hour infomercial with a little c2c thrown in.  It's ridiculous and out of controll.

Dare To Be Fair army of supporters

anagrammy

When George says "Get ready for that," I'm ready.  I have handy:

A vomit bag
A notepad for Nooryisms
Earplugs
Mute button
and it all else fails,
Ambien

Anagrammy

George sucks

Has George doubled the amount of endorsements he is doing? You bet the commercial time has gone up. When it does, show time goes down. George hates his job, hates doing the show. More commercials, less show.

What George likes is the fame. The glamour. The hobnobbing, the dinners, the meet and greets with perceived VIP's, the events, the travel, the gloating in his "achievement" and the attention. He is Sally Field accepting her Oscar proclaiming "They like me! The really, really like me!!" It all feeds his psychological shortcomings. Being raised by two Marines - honor, integrity, commitment - his shortcomings were glaring. Character wise, he had few strong suits.

Norry is Commodus in the movie Gladiator. The one who killed his father, Marcus Aurelious, when his father explained to him that he just didn't have the qualities needed to lead Rome. 

Roger

Huh! That's it! What everyone on these last few pages of reading finally
sank in! I get it! GN and C2C is comedy!  I haven't laughed so long in a
hard time! One gaff after the other . . . I listened to the guy tonight,
twice! and realized, who said it, that he was IMing!  Like the guest was
the blathering spouse, and the response was 'mmm-hmmm', or 'oh? hmmmm'
'click, click click click . . .send' "Go on", (beeep beep beep: George! Huh?
wha?  'Break is coming up', GN rustles up, speaks to the guest for the first
time with energy: "That is really fascinating, but we're coming on a break
and we'll get to the rest of your calls after that. . . ."

It IS funny. GAwd! Do you mean to tell me, that is all we have to do? Wait
up and wait for the gaffs to be intertained!!!! Don't you think that might
be dangerous or harmful?

Nyah, I think I'm enjoying jiss reading about them here.  I dunno,
maybe I'll try it.
Yeah, yah, that's what I'll do. Hey, wait a minute, you people aren't pushers
are ya?

anagrammy

Roger, you are cordially invited to help document the Worst Host Ever on the thread NOORY INCOMPETENCE EXAMPLES.  It is like a crossword puzzle/comedy hour where the guy is a parody of himself. 

Pull up a chair and would you like butter on that popcorn?

Anagrammy

fysisist

This thread has been a great source of entertainment to me over the last couple years or so, thought I should at least contribute SOMETHING....

I guess I wonder, given the utter contempt and disdain everyone has for Noory, why do we all continue to listen?? 

Last time my streamlink subscription was up, I promised, sincerely promised myself that I would not renew it.  But within a couple weeks, I was back...

What does it mean??  Well, truth is that I really do enjoy George Knapp, and sometimes IP.  I occasionally enjoy Somewhere in Time and Classic shows, except that they continue to play the same ones over and over.

But with Noory, I sometimes can't draw myself away from it.  It's a morbid fascination.  Could he possibly be as moronic and unimaginative as he comes across??  It seems unlikely, but on the other hand, could anyone keep this up over a period of several years if it was an act??  It's like the proverbial train wreck, you can't draw yourself away from it, then you hate yourself for listening.  Sometimes I use the show as an exercise in catching all the faulty logic and uncritical thinking (or utter lack of thinking) that goes on.  But it's too easy.  The guy truly is a self-absorbed cretin, and I can't fathom how in the name of all that is fair and good, he has managed to be on the air for so long.  I thought maybe it's his voice, a voice for radio.  But not really, his tone is monotonous and uninspired.  The guy is a jackass of immense proportions. 

Occasionally (VERY occasionally), someone calls in with an interesting and intelligent question or comment.  Or maybe it's a legitimate criticism of the topic or some point in the discussion.  Inevitably, he sidesteps them and moves on like the call never happened.  He "loves science", yet clearly knows nothing about it.  Is it true that Art Bell hand-picked this clown to succeed him?

Conclusion: Fact - George Noory Sucks.

Quote from: fysisist on April 15, 2011, 01:56:45 PM
... I guess I wonder, given the utter contempt and disdain everyone has for Noory, why do we all continue to listen?? 

Last time my streamlink subscription was up, I promised, sincerely promised myself that I would not renew it.  But within a couple weeks, I was back...

Well, I don't listen to George, at least not for a couple of years.  I used to listen to him once in a while, but can't bear to anymore.  But I am still a streamlink member.

I very rarely listen to C2C live anymore, and with my work and familiy commitments, I have only been ble to get in two or three shows a week for many years (sometimes a couple more when I am travelling).  I have been a subscriber for years, to hear Ian, George K., and the ever less frequent (and now gone forever) Art Bell appearances, and that has been plenty.  I would like to see Ian and Knapp get a few more shows a month, and once or twice a month for John Wells (not a Simone convert yet), and I will be perfectly happy.  Noory could keep Monday to Thursday, and it wouldn't bother me in the least.  I just wouldn't listen.

Scully

Quote from: fysisist on April 15, 2011, 01:56:45 PM
Is it true that Art Bell hand-picked this clown to succeed him?

No, that's not true.  There's a utube video where Art is asked how much he had to say about Noory being chosen as his replacement.  Art says, "Not as much as you would think."

Sorry, I can't provide you with a link, but I'm sure someone else on this thread can, if you ask.  I remember that statement because it was so significant to me. I just didn't want to think, as many do, that Art would have done something as stupid as hand-picking George.  ;)

Scully reminds me of a moment in Thursday night's show.  Richard Dolan was discussing Frank Scully who wrote the first American UFO book about the supposed crash at Aztec, NM.  George lets him go on for quite a while before he interrupts with "Did you know that agent Scully from the X-files was named in his honor?"

You could tell by the time that elapsed that George or Tom had just googled Frank Scully and found this bit of information.  George has to interrupt the conversation to let us all know how knowledgeable he is of such inside facts.  Dolan just laughed and said yes that was a small homage to Frank Scully's memory.

fysisist

As far as I can tell, dude is just a life support system for that ridiculous mustache. 

b_dubb

Quote from: fysisist on April 15, 2011, 09:29:49 PM
As far as I can tell, dude is just a life support system for that ridiculous mustache.
L O L

Usagi

Quote from: fysisist on April 15, 2011, 09:29:49 PM
Quote from: b_dubb on April 15, 2011, 09:49:49 PM
L O L

^ Most appropriate use of "L O L" ever.

MikeD

Wowww a caller just asked what happened to Art and George's voice tightened up a bit and said "he's in the philippines, enjoying retirement, he posted a couple pictures and he doesn't talk to us much, that's it"

The tone was rather..."I want to move past this call"

Usagi

Yeah... he said "that's all I can really say... about that".  Totally tense. How did that person make it through the screener with that question?  BRAVO!

Then the poor girl talking about her paranoia after the Alabama dude.  He totally said something pointless and irrelevant, like, "and you know you're not alone, because we're all going through this" or something along those lines.  No reference to what she actually said.  Does he even listen to these people!?

Honestly, I'm sooo sick of the Mr. Nice Guy shtick.  God.

George Noory Sucks.

Usagi

Oh... and he has some sort of Random Acts of Kindness special line or some bullshit tonight.

There aren't enough expletives for what I'm feeling right now.

Edit: He just called it the "feel good line."  Kill me.

jinwicked

"Huh huh heh, can you play that UFO song you play every single Friday? Huh huh heh."

MikeD

Yeah the sleep paralysis chick sure sounded feel good to me. Another guy asked for some Art Bell bumper music.

Somebody should call up and just recount some made up molestation story during the feel-good hour "And then...Uncle Bob put the potato...in me"

Ha! They're playing "Phaedra" now.

jinwicked

Good ol' George, never misses a chance to brag or talk about himself.

Just played knights in white satin now... Is he mocking the Art Bell music or trying to make it appear that Art still has some involvement...?

Scully

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on April 15, 2011, 08:53:08 PM
Scully reminds me of a moment in Thursday night's show.  Richard Dolan was discussing Frank Scully who wrote the first American UFO book about the supposed crash at Aztec, NM.  George lets him go on for quite a while before he interrupts with "Did you know that agent Scully from the X-files was named in his honor?"

You could tell by the time that elapsed that George or Tom had just googled Frank Scully and found this bit of information.  George has to interrupt the conversation to let us all know how knowledgeable he is of such inside facts.  Dolan just laughed and said yes that was a small homage to Frank Scully's memory.

And this Scully totally heard that last night and thought, "well, just gag me with a spoon."

I've long noticed that Noory knows and says NOTHING that would indicate that The X-Files is anything more than a name he's heard of somewhere, some time. Chris Carter filled that show with more information about the paranormal than a set of encyclopedias, but Mr. Paranormal Host knows only what he googles.  :P

anagrammy

OMG, the caller is talking ninety miles per hour:  last days, Armstrong, prophecy, prophets dead lying in the streets, Bible warned us, here it is!  Gasp, breath....hello?  hello?

George:  Yes, very good...as well...mmm...next caller.

Perhaps they didn't put it in his job description that he was required to listen to callers and guests.  I don't know how they can expect listeners to demonstrate more interest than he has.

George:  Hazel, do we all need an out of body experience like you did?

I'm beginning to wonder if Noory is blackmailing Premiere.  I don't see how his inept performance was any kind of requirement for getting the job.  Maybe someone can explain that to me.

Anagrammy