• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

Digitech

There were some pretty clumsy and awkward moments with that Eldon Taylor guy.

Taylor: 'Blah blah blah[a big build up], there is something which is absolutely critical to consider. You must ask yourself -- What if everything I believe is wrong? [about to continue and elaborate on his point]"

Noory:[cuts in, using his best dramatic sounding voice] "And what if everything I believe is right?"

Taylor: ". . .erm, haha, well, uh..."

They may have gone to a commercial after this, I don't remember. But Noory derailed the topic with his meaningless "contribution."

Then, at the end of the show, they took a call from some guy who was telling a story about his dog. Noory cut in halfway through and said something like 'You're a pet lover, and I'll tell you that gets some bonus points in my book. Eldon Taylor, thanks for being with us" -- Awkward silence -- "For George Knapp, Ian Punnet and Art bell, blah blah blah"

As the host he should have better time management than that. He totally fubared the end of the show.

Scully

Quote from: Labrador Retriever on March 30, 2011, 02:15:06 PM
Hi everyone, I had to register after finding this thread. I too am a recovering C2C listener. 

The only way to deal with George Noory is with a support group like this.

George Noory is radio's "Plan 9 from Outer Space".

Welcome, Labrador Retriever.

I had never thought of Coast Gab as a support group for recovering C2C listeners, but you're dead on right -- at least in my case.  My Real World Friends can't understand why I cannot just put that radio down and go on with my life after Noory.  Here I'm considered pretty typical. (I think.)

As for the Plan 9 from Outer Space, I had to google it, but I believe now I finally understand what's happening!   8)

anagrammy

Quote from: Scully on March 30, 2011, 10:13:49 PM

Welcome, Labrador Retriever.

I had never thought of Coast Gab as a support group for recovering C2C listeners, but you're dead on right -- at least in my case.  My Real World Friends can't understand why I cannot just put that radio down and go on with my life after Noory.  Here I'm considered pretty typical. (I think.)

As for the Plan 9 from Outer Space, I had to google it, but I believe now I finally understand what's happening!   8)

Sister Scully, I am totally with you on this (and most things).  It all reminds me of the classic movie "Blade Runner."  How would you feel if your husband (your night partner) were replaced by a replicant.  At first you wouldn't know it, like in the movie.  Then more and more differences show up until you are ready to scream "What have you done with my real husband (in this case "host").  Perhaps it would have been easier if they had just become the "Toast to Toast" recipe-sharing show instead of trying to imitate Art's art.

Anagrammy

Quote from: anagrammy on March 31, 2011, 12:02:02 AM

Sister Scully, I am totally with you on this (and most things).  It all reminds me of the classic movie "Blade Runner."

Anagrammy

excellent film.

valdez

Jim Steinmeyer, inventor of illusions, talking about someone named Howard Thurston, who was "the last greatest magician in the world".  Later, Clint Marsh on tuning in to your psychic self.  Both amicable guys, and George wasn't too horrible, but at the top of the show, terrorist expert (?), Paul L. Williams was on to comment on some letters that went around the country, supposedly signed by Osama Bin Laden, stating that there are 160 nukes planted across the country ready to go off.  Williams said the threat was probably authentic and expects a nuclear attack on this country within "the next few months."  Huh?   Since when does Osama write letters postmarked from Chicago?  And where did he get his hand on, and managed to smuggle in, 160 nukes?  What kind of expert is this Williams guy?  His website is raising money to pay for his defense in a lawsuit.  He's written a lot on the threat of terrorist nukes.  Hmmm.
     George, to his credit, said it was probably all a hoax. Thank you, George.

Scully

Quote from: valdez on March 31, 2011, 04:38:46 AM
     Jim Steinmeyer, inventor of illusions, talking about someone named Howard Thurston, who was "the last greatest magician in the world".  Later, Clint Marsh on tuning in to your psychic self.  Both amicable guys, and George wasn't too horrible ... 

Only if you don't count the part where, 45 minutes into Marsh's 1st hour, George said, "How do we know that Atkinson didn't make up the Swami in his own mind?"  This was the stagger-backwards moment for Marsh, who said with a giggle, "Well, the Swami IS made up in his own mind!"

Since Swami Panchadesi was who George thought  was a key figure in Marsh's story, he was taken by surprise.  "So he really wasn't a real person at all?"  After Marsh explained that William Walker Atkinson was the author of a number of books written under the pseudonym of the Swami and many others, George bounced right back with a forceful, "Absolutely!"

In defense of George, this was a folie a deux, where the guest assumed George had actually prepared for the show, and so switched back and forth between the two names.

Moral: Never trust a guy named Swami.   ::)

b_dubb

Quote from: Scully on March 31, 2011, 09:18:01 PM
Only if you don't count the part where, 45 minutes into Marsh's 1st hour, George said, "How do we know that Atkinson didn't make up the Swami in his own mind?"  This was the stagger-backwards moment for Marsh, who said with a giggle, "Well, the Swami IS made up in his own mind!"

Since Swami Panchadesi was who George thought  was a key figure in Marsh's story, he was taken by surprise.  "So he really wasn't a real person at all?"  After Marsh explained that William Walker Atkinson was the author of a number of books written under the pseudonym of the Swami and many others, George bounced right back with a forceful, "Absolutely!"

In defense of George, this was a folie a deux, where the guest assumed George had actually prepared for the show, and so switched back and forth between the two names.

Moral: Never trust a guy named Swami.   ::)
wow. beyond fail. that's a fuck up of the highest odor ;).  this reminds me of the time that i was a volunteer reporter for my college newspaper.  i went to interview someone.  had no idea what i was doing.  luckily a nearby bystander intervened and started asking questions for me - as i had frozen up with anxiety.  my excuses: i was 18 and i had no training or experience. 
it's hard to explain how Noory can be so bad at what he does unless he's going through a breakdown of sorts

anagrammy

Quote from: b_dubb on March 31, 2011, 09:47:04 PM
wow. beyond fail. that's a fuck up of the highest odor ;) .  this reminds me of the time that i was a volunteer reporter for my college newspaper.  i went to interview someone.  had no idea what i was doing.  luckily a nearby bystander intervened and started asking questions for me - as i had frozen up with anxiety.  my excuses: i was 18 and i had no training or experience. 
it's hard to explain how Noory can be so bad at what he does unless he's going through a breakdown of sorts

Hmmm.  A couple of weeks ago we were talking that his performance was declining due to some kind of a degenerative disease, like dementia or Alzheimers.  Some of us close Noory watchers think we see him getting worse--and defensive and angry about it.  I'm considering your suggestion very carefully.  When a person loses touch with reality they have a constellation of thought problems crop up.  Onan can help in thinking about this.  Delusions of grandeur (I am the greatest host in the country), feelings of persecution... I do think this is a good suggestion.  Some of what he thinks/does make absolutely no sense whatsoever and appear to be the blabberings of a madman (not very tactful for a mother with an insane son, but reality is my friend).

I still remember to this day the first thing I heard my son say when I thought "he's losing his mind."  He was angry and I asked him what was wrong.  He replied, "I know what you're going to say and when you say something different, it makes me so mad."   Try as I might, he could not see that those two things were not connected.

We see Noory say things that are not connected all the time!

Depression accompanies a loss of mental acuity and function.  The job may be too much pressure for Noory-- we see him asleep at the switch a lot.  How about drugs?  That could account for fluctuations in performance like the difference between him on Alex Jones' show and him on Coast.

Anagrammy

BTW - I am observing continued diminishing posting of weird/odd photos from listeners.  The photo section has mostly ads related to C2C offerings.

onan

Quote from: anagrammy on March 31, 2011, 11:33:39 PM
Onan can help in thinking about this.

Thanks for the compliment. I don't listen to noory. I haven't heard him in well over 2 years... well maybe a smattering of a few sentences here and there but not enough to hazard too much of a guess.

I really doubt he has any dementia, but never can tell. Depression and anxiety can bring on several of the symptoms being tossed about. I would guess under normal conditions the stress of a major radio show would cause anxiety. Compound that with lack of appropriate skills and critical analysis from the people he has to answer to and who knows what level of decompensation he could reach.

All I can really say about noory IMO, he thought he had the talent/skill to do this task and he didn't. Most likely he would rather suffer anxiety and disrespect than admit he isn't up to the task... in all honesty haven't we all had supervisors that fit that bill? Therapeutically I think he is desperately in need of help and a new career. As a consumer I think he sucks.

robey1129

I caught some "open" lines last night on my commute home from work. Another case of "Dumb and Dumber"!  The Nooron is truly the Guru of Shallowness.

anagrammy

This afternoon I've been listening to the podcast of GN and Linda Moulting Howl.  You can't make this stuff up, people, those of you who have bowed out--I understand--but I must report the good (bad) stuff.  You know how a couple of weeks ago I reported that the Snooron was unable to do math quick enough in his head to figure out how old a person is today if he was 75 in 1957?  Well, Linda is apparently not a Coastie herself or she wouldn't have lead old Snoory down this path.

Talking about how dependent the world is on computers and what would happen if a solar max knocked out the satellites.

Linda:  Yeah, I was in the store checking out and the electricity went out.  I only had a few items so I gave the clerk the exact amount and she said, "How did you do that?"  I told her I did the math in my head.  She said she couldn't possibly do that, besides, all the calculating has to be on the tape.  It seems like most people these days can't do simple math in their heads!

Noory:  So tr--, say, what was it you were saying about the timing of that.....(trailed off)

So, we can be sure Noory is aware of these Nooryisms and is sensitive about incriminating himself!  I was telling Scully that I think GN's contract has been shortened or he has been given a warning to pick up the numbers and THAT's the reason our troll appeared with his helpful positive comments and suggestions.

Anagrammy

SpacedCadet

the more hours logged listening to georgie lessens one's i.q? if true, i shall begin training for the special olympics.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: SpacedCadet on April 03, 2011, 08:19:10 PM
the more hours logged listening to georgie lessens one's i.q? if true, i shall begin training for the special olympics.

Yes, many a long-term listener has succumbed to the Noory Shrunken Head Syndrome as the brain begins to waste away.  It sometimes happens overnight.

aldousburbank

Quote from: anagrammy on April 02, 2011, 05:21:42 PM
This afternoon I've been listening to the podcast of GN and Linda Moulting Howl.  You can't make this stuff up, people, those of you who have bowed out--I understand--but I must report the good (bad) stuff.  You know how a couple of weeks ago I reported that the Snooron was unable to do math quick enough in his head to figure out how old a person is today if he was 75 in 1957?  Well, Linda is apparently not a Coastie herself or she wouldn't have lead old Snoory down this path.

Talking about how dependent the world is on computers and what would happen if a solar max knocked out the satellites.

Linda:  Yeah, I was in the store checking out and the electricity went out.  I only had a few items so I gave the clerk the exact amount and she said, "How did you do that?"  I told her I did the math in my head.  She said she couldn't possibly do that, besides, all the calculating has to be on the tape.  It seems like most people these days can't do simple math in their heads!

Noory:  So tr--, say, what was it you were saying about the timing of that.....(trailed off)

So, we can be sure Noory is aware of these Nooryisms and is sensitive about incriminating himself!  I was telling Scully that I think GN's contract has been shortened or he has been given a warning to pick up the numbers and THAT's the reason our troll appeared with his helpful positive comments and suggestions.

Anagrammy

Thanks for that report Anagrammy.  You keep doing the dirty work.  I have been too disgusted to listen lately.  Poor, poor George.  I'm feeling sorry for him again.  I hope he stays on the air forever because, in truth, I love how much he sucks.  I feel better now, admitting it.

The General

Quote from: anagrammy on March 31, 2011, 11:33:39 PM
Hmmm.  A couple of weeks ago we were talking that his performance was declining due to some kind of a degenerative disease, like dementia or Alzheimers. 
You know, it's funny, we were talking about this last year in this very thread.  This thread is so long now, though, that I don't know where it is.  But yeah, the Alzheimers disease theory has been put forward before.  I think it is highly plausible in George's case after watching it slowly progress in my grandfather.

Anyone hear the other night when George was talking about positive people and started saying "There are people on the internet who hate me. They hate you. They hate everyone."?

The General

Ah, here it is.  From page 193 back in August of last year.

Quote from: The General on August 21, 2010, 01:40:56 PM
My grandfather displayed a lot of the same behavior and thought patterns that Noory has now (non sequiturs, inability to follow logic, conversational curve balls, changing topics rapidly, inappropriate responses) just before he was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease.  So there may be an actual reason why he's like that and getting progressively worse.  George, if you read this, go get your head checked out man!

haloedorchid

Quote from: The General on April 03, 2011, 10:47:07 PM
Ah, here it is.  From page 193 back in August of last year.
If he truly has Alzheimer's, and is aware of it, he is probably still in denial. 

Mops

Quote from: TaoOfLuxLisbon on April 03, 2011, 10:46:33 PM
Anyone hear the other night when George was talking about positive people and started saying "There are people on the internet who hate me. They hate you. They hate everyone."?
Ol' George is quite the victim, isn't he?  It appears his own cult, "The Light Workers," abandoned him or was bored to silence.  The former president of his fan club (the one who used to prowl the internet warning critics to "keep it clean") evidently turned on him after the financial advice she got from one of the program's "experts" backfired.  And I don't know much about Facebook, but Noory's fan club there doesn't appear to have enough members to start a softball team.  Meanwhile, local advertising continues to slump in the market where I live.  This should be a prime market for Coast, but advertising slots are largely filled by promos for the radio station itself.  I remember long stretches when there was no local advertising at all.  Poor George.  Look what we did to him.

haloedorchid

Quote from: Mops on April 04, 2011, 02:24:30 AMThe former president of his fan club (the one who used to prowl the internet warning critics to "keep it clean") evidently turned on him after the financial advice she got from one of the program's "experts" backfired.

Do you have any more information about that? Like a link?

Weirdoradio

Every time I feel down on myself, I like to visit this thread, read a couple of replies with some recent Noory quotes and feel better about myself. I'd like to thank everyone for making this a one-stop shop for lols.

Every time I've listened in, I've gotten quite depressed at how much George's vocabulary and enunciation have eroded. Perhaps this is some sort of 1984esque move to dumb down language?

Esoterica

Hi everyone,

I just found this forum and LOVE it!  I think Noory is a horrible host.  How about when he says to a guest that he was in the Navy?  Most likely he won't say he was stationed in the US.  The latest thing that got me was his pronunciation of 'nuclear'......"nu clear" after all, you have to know how to pronounce it!" lol
What an boob!  I'm thinking someone must have emailed him with a criticism of his pronunciation in general, so what does he do?  He reads the email on the air, saying that he's leaving out the name of the person because he didn't want to embarrass her but said something like 'can you imagine going on a date with her'  lol  WTF!  Can you imagine being on a date with him and listening to all his know-it all, self-serving, I'm wonderful but can't pronounce anything hard BS?  How did he ever get the job?

Ah, I feel better!  lol  Hope he reads this forum.  Think he does?  Thanks for letting me vent.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Esoterica on April 04, 2011, 09:52:02 AM
Hi everyone,

I just found this forum and LOVE it!  I think Noory is a horrible host.  How about when he says to a guest that he was in the Navy?  Most likely he won't say he was stationed in the US.  The latest thing that got me was his pronunciation of 'nuclear'......"nu clear" after all, you have to know how to pronounce it!" lol
What an boob!  I'm thinking someone must have emailed him with a criticism of his pronunciation in general, so what does he do?  He reads the email on the air, saying that he's leaving out the name of the person because he didn't want to embarrass her but said something like 'can you imagine going on a date with her'  lol  WTF!  Can you imagine being on a date with him and listening to all his know-it all, self-serving, I'm wonderful but can't pronounce anything hard BS?  How did he ever get the job?

Ah, I feel better!  lol  Hope he reads this forum.  Think he does?  Thanks for letting me vent.
welcome to the forums, and post often.

a fine initial post.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Mops on April 04, 2011, 02:24:30 AM
The former president of his fan club (the one who used to prowl the internet warning critics to "keep it clean") evidently turned on him after the financial advice she got from one of the program's "experts" backfired.
i would also like to know more about this.  anyone have details?  or a way to contact this former fan club president?

anagrammy

Quote from: Michael V. on April 04, 2011, 12:05:02 PM
i would also like to know more about this.  anyone have details?  or a way to contact this former fan club president?

LOL!  You ARE writing a book, aren't you?

Let us in on the juice when you find her.

ANagrammy

starrmtn001

I am sorry that I don't contribute that much to this thread for I DON'T listen to sucktard snoory.  But you brave souls keep me updated.  I see that snoortard is sucking  more than ever.

Just wanted to say I am still with all of you! ;)

anagrammy

Quote from: starrmtn001 on April 04, 2011, 09:49:04 PM
I am sorry that I don't contribute that much to this thread for I DON'T listen to sucktard snoory.  But you brave souls keep me updated.  I see that snoortard is sucking  more than ever.

Good!  Aren't you one of the listeners who goes way back?

Anagramm

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: starrmtn001 on April 04, 2011, 09:49:04 PM

hey there!  long time no see.  glad u are still around.

HAL 9000

I never thought I would ever think I would find something that sucks more than Snoory... until now.

However... I think I have found the ultimate suckage grail...

posting and navigating CoastGab on a FREAKING Kindle! Yes I am using a POS Kindle with its "experimental" browser to visit CG. It is not my Kindle (I would never buy one), but the computer I was using I moved into my Dad's room so am temporarily stuck reading CoastGab using a 3G Kindle. This is either true loyalty or pathology.