• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

Metron2267

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 20, 2018, 10:12:13 AM
Always an adventure.

Not sure why I became the villain but it seems par for the course around here.

DS

Same reason the other 'Dave' wasn't going to become Carson, nor was Leno, et al.

Following legends is brutal stuff.

But you have your own unique style, your track record on Darkness and the keys to the cuckshack, so take 'em and run with it!

Perfunctory and professional isn't a bad thing per se, it's just a different thing. In many ways your vibe comes closest to fielding with George Knapp's, but I bet no one else has mentioned that, true?

The hour long format isn't a bad thing always, Decon has it down, so buck up and press onward!

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Laurakinch on October 20, 2018, 12:32:22 PM
He’s fine just very busy these days. Shall I give him your regards?  ;D

Of course! Send my regards to Pudsway.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2018, 12:31:12 PM
I think when people act the way Dave & Ellgab, et al have they make themselves a target. I was all onboard and gave my full support to both at first. Then I realized what they were all about and it’s mostly against what I stand for.

The clamp down on spontaneity at ellgab is a neighborhood policing thing that Dave will understandably be tainted with due to his high profile there.

Frankly neither one of us really knows if he has the clout to revise Bart's bans or if he was ever behind them.

As that goes I'm willing to take him at his word given his willingness to mix it up here.

Fair enuf? ???

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 20, 2018, 12:36:01 PM
The clamp down on spontaneity at ellgab is a neighborhood policing thing that Dave will understandably be tainted with due to his high profile there.

Frankly neither one of us really knows if he has the clout to revise Bart's bans or if he was ever behind them.

As that goes I'm willing to take him at his word given his willingness to mix it up here.

Fair enuf? ???

Nope, and he’s not qualified to sniff Knapp’s farts let alone being on par with him...but keep dreaming the impossible dream.  ;D

Lilith

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 20, 2018, 12:36:01 PM

Fair enuf? ???

He never gives Bellgab a shoutout on his show anymore, so there's that.  Just sayin...

(Much like (Redacted) sad to say).

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 19, 2018, 11:29:18 PM
This is the comment I posted, after attack and attack and name calling, so I responded in kind trying to have fun with VC.

"This is the final response I have for a drama loving, attention starved social misfit with the collective intelligence and business savvy of a discarded tampon....I take that back...at least the tampon once served a purpose."

That is in no way misogynistic, it doesn't attack or dismiss women in any way shape or form. Just that he was being compared to a discarded tampon...and I even mention that at least the tampon served a purpose.  So, as you can see, no attack at all.

I do believe women, I have daughters and best friends that are women and some that have been attacked and shamed into silence. Disgusting.

I have not made any formal statements regarding Black Lives Matter as I do a show about the paranormal and that topic isn't covered. But I do talk about Police misconduct often on our True Crime Show.

And I believe all lives matter, ask my daughter Keila...she is half African American.

I don't believe I personally know a transperson but have no issues with meeting someone and being friends.

Hope that helps.

DS

is massa Dave gonna sell me tomorrow? m’yes, m’yes, m’yes

WOTR

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 03:47:23 AM
I was a Dave fan and a member of Bellgab long before he took the helm at MITD so what does that make me?
I don't know that I ever heard Dave before he took over for Heather.  I like his show, he is pretty good as a host, and I think it is one of the better shows out there.  That said, I only usually listen a night a week, or so as I don't have as much time as I would like.

I will say that he is no Art- but I am no longer convinced that Art would even live up to expectations.  I don't listen to Art's old shows.  He was good at the time- and I listened when he came back (probably because of the forum here and having a place to gather, have fun, and discuss both the show and other topics.)  When I was travelling and not able to log on here, I did not listen to his shows.  I know some people still listen to the archives- but some people still never miss a Heather hosted show...

*Don't worry, I'll get around to the left nut shortly.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 20, 2018, 12:38:09 PM
Nope, and he’s not qualified to sniff Knapp’s farts let alone being on par with him...but keep dreaming the impossible dream.  ;D

As you please.

I didn't make a value judgment as to Knapp's or Dave's relative interviewing chops. I simply said they have a similar style of hosting which eschews Noory's gullibility for a more business-like tone.

As for dreams, well...

Corona Kitty

Dave should stay at ellgab.

Metron2267

Quote from: username on October 20, 2018, 12:59:19 PM

Yabutt...look at the traffic he generated here!

;D

Corona Kitty

Quote from: Metron2267 on October 20, 2018, 01:09:58 PM
Yabutt...look at the traffic he generated here!

;D

Like Ellgab right?

Corona Kitty

And I believe all lives matter, ask my daughter Keila...she is half African American.

Cuck confirmed, he should also probably not use the word "cuck", ever again.

Quote from: username on October 20, 2018, 12:59:19 PM

If he were genuinely interested in getting better, he'd stay here. I'm not sure his firmware can be upgraded, the boomer model's flash is full of scripting from the talmudvision.

Quote from: username on October 20, 2018, 01:23:15 PM
Cuck confirmed, he should also probably not use the word "cuck", ever again.

The memes... all real...

Corona Kitty

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 20, 2018, 01:32:50 PM
If he were genuinely interested in getting better, he'd stay here. I'm not sure his firmware can be upgraded, the boomer model's flash is full of scripting from the talmudvision.

The memes... all real...

I mean, i'm not telling him he can't stay here, I'm saying he should save himself.

henlo? im sorry, did you just say half african american? *click*

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: brig on October 20, 2018, 12:40:39 PM
He never gives Bellgab a shoutout on his show anymore, so there's that.  Just sayin...

(Much like (Redacted) sad to say).

In all fairness, though, this forum has only been back online for a short while. I'm sure he'll give us our due.

Lilith

Quote from: Liberace! on October 20, 2018, 02:37:46 PM
In all fairness, though, this forum has only been back online for a short while. I'm sure he'll give us our due.

I'm in "wait n see" mode...

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 03:47:23 AM
I was a Dave fan and a member of Bellgab long before he took the helm at MITD so what does that make me?
Sean Connery in red diapers and suspenders?

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 20, 2018, 01:03:04 AM

... the responses with just people swearing, burping or farting or flushing toilets. There is no way to respond to those calls, there is no way to be clever and respond.
Sure there is.  ;)
(I do agree to cut the ones where every other word is swearing, that brings nothing to the table, but,) just ask the caller "Those background noises, are they live, or are they Memorex ?"
(I'd laugh my ass off if you said that on air.)   :)

If they come back with a smart ass answer, interrupt, and ask them if it's Normal, Chrome, or Metal bias. Bury them in questions of detailed arcana. Throw them a tangent and ask about the specs on their stereo system.
Treat them the same way you would a telemarketer, (and sell them something, instead.)  ;)    ;D
After you do that once or twice to a caller that likes to sound board you, people will get the point.

If you throw it back in their face, and If they're quick, they might come up with a funny response. If they're dull, they'll more than likely keep on with what they're doing. Then, cut them off.
Have fun with it.
If it keeps happening - more than 2-3 times, the first time you do this - as soon as a caller starts in with that, cut them and play a sound clip of breaking glass. ('member the commercials ?)       

Anytime we hear the breaking glass clip, we'll know exactly what's going on.     ;D      ;)

I think that would be pretty funny, at least the first few times.

There might be some copyright issues with this clip. It's 10 seconds (7 1/2 audio + 2 1/2 dead space.) which is just under 1/3 of the commercial (30 seconds.)
BUT,  DMCA  might be a problem, as this is audio extracted from a television commercial.
(Plus 10 seconds is perfect for a second dump button. (Dump-Glass ? ))

https://longzijun.wordpress.com/2012/01/18/music-public-domain-and-copyright/#public-domain

But Memorex and it's parent company were divested in 2016. This sucker is in limbo and would require a lawyer familiar with copyright to give you an answer. Not me.  ;)

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20160108005557/en/Imation-Announces-Divestiture-Memorex-Brand-Sale-Corporate

This paragraph is interesting. Think it's related ?   :o

"   â€œWe look forward to continuing the transformation of the corporation into an entity poised for sustained growth and equity value creation,” said Joseph A. De Perio, non-executive Chairman of the Board. Mr. De Perio is also a senior portfolio manager of Clinton Group, Inc., one of the Company’s major shareholders.   "

Okay, I'm off tangent here.
Do with it what you will,
(or just find a clip of breaking glass.)    ;)

Quote from: Laurakinch on October 20, 2018, 12:32:22 PM
He’s fine just very busy these days. Shall I give him your regards?  ;D
Sredni's going to be pissed. There goes his 40%   ;)   ;D

Quote from: malachi.martini on October 20, 2018, 04:37:42 AM
I respect Lees reasons, whatever they were. I don't respect people who are entirely full of shit, ignore those archived tweets all you like, your safespace is run by lying opportunists.

Not my safespace.  There's plenty of room for criticism over there just as there was over here.  I don't agree with everything Bart does but let's face facts, he was there when Lee decided to bail on all of us with no reasons whatsoever.  Lee owes everyone an explanation for his stunt.  He could have warned us and said, I gotta take Bellgab down for whatever reason but he didn't even give us that.  Just don't be surprised when he pulls something like that again.

whoozit

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 03:46:07 PM
Not my safespace.  There's plenty of room for criticism over there just as there was over here.  I don't agree with everything Bart does but let's face facts, he was there when Lee decided to bail on all of us with no reasons whatsoever.  Lee owes everyone an explanation for his stunt.  He could have warned us and said, I gotta take Bellgab down for whatever reason but he didn't even give us that.  Just don't be surprised when he pulls something like that again.
I’m seriously asking why he owes us anything for shutting down his forum when he felt like it?  It’s his, we are just users.  Edit:  Cue “That fucker owes us” memes

ItsOver

Quote from: 21st Century Man on October 20, 2018, 03:46:07 PM
Good points, as always.  Unfortunately, eraticism comes with the territory and BellGab.  We've all been there before.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: whoozit on October 20, 2018, 04:27:40 PM
I’m seriously asking why he owes us anything for shutting down his forum when he felt like it?  It’s his, we are just users.  Edit:  Cue “That fucker owes us” memes

pate

Quote from: DaveSchrader on October 20, 2018, 01:03:04 AM
... but they were weak with responses or the responses with just people swearing, burping or farting or flushing toilets. There is no way to respond to those calls, there is no way to be clever and respond...

"<*click*> The caller apparently has just flushed their brains down the toilet, great move for them but bad radio for me...  Moving on."

Write that out on a 3x5 card in Sharpie and keep it handy, Dave.  No charge on that one, although after I hit the "Post" button that response does become eMCee's intellectual property per the BellBab TOS.  He might want a cut for everytime it is used on-air after a toilet-flush call.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: pate on October 20, 2018, 04:51:57 PM
"<*click*> The caller apparently has just flushed their brains down the toilet, great move for them but bad radio for me...  Moving on."

Write that out on a 3x5 card in Sharpie and keep it handy, Dave.  No charge on that one, although after I hit the "Post" button that response does become eMCee's intellectual property per the BellBab TOS.  He might want a cut for everytime it is used on-air after a toilet-flush call.

Casting your pearls before swine.  ::)

Oops! Now I’ve gone and dehumanized Dave and his NPC brethren again.  :o

Can someone make me up some rat posters? :D

pate

How about a closeted rat-eating hater poster?

Needs craption.