• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Knapp

Started by ArtBellFan, April 27, 2008, 09:05:01 AM

ItsOver

Quote from: Gd5150 on April 23, 2018, 03:13:55 PM
What the amateur bellgabbers don’t understand is if you approach every subject as a hardline cynic demanding hard evidence on every subject you don’t have a show.
At best, it's theater of the mind, not Dragnet.

ItsOver

Quote from: Mels-hole1984 on April 23, 2018, 08:39:54 PM
Linda has never hosted. Lol at your last point.
It's hard to tell she isn't the host, with Jorch napping in the peanut gallery. ;) :)

ItsTelly

Quote from: Uncle Duke on April 23, 2018, 10:07:46 AM

I wish Knapp would gig Paulides to support his casual claims of numbers/frequency of specific occurrences.  For example, last night he claimed his data shows physicians frequently disappear and the engines of search aircraft often malfunction during searches for victims.  If I was interviewing Paulides, I'd ask for numbers of such occurrences to determine if they are as prevalent as he claims with his off-handed comments.

I was interested to hear Knapp mention Paulides' appearance at a national SAR convention back in 2012.  The claim was Paulides was never invited back because those in authority had something to hide.  We had a poster here a few years back who was at that convention who claimed Paulides was literally laughed off the stage due to his lack of understanding of SAR processes/procedures and unsupported claims.  If I recall correctly, the poster also said Paulides' PowerPoint slides had Bigfoot images in the headings.

I love Paulides as a guest as the cases are super interesting.  My beef with him is this: after investigating thousands upon thousands of cases doing back decades to the present and after writing many books on the subject, you have NO FUCKING IDEA WHY this is happening?  Not even a wild ass guess?

You must have SOME idea in at least SOME of the cases.  He 'refuses to speculate.'  I don't take the point.  When you first started investigating this is a reasonable and understandable position, but NOW?  Seriously, give us a break.

Telly

chefist

I'm going to listen tonight...can't wait.

Mels-hole1984

Quote from: ItsOver on April 23, 2018, 09:03:06 PM
It's hard to tell she isn't the host, with Jorch napping in the peanut gallery. ;) :)

You know,  I'm actually ok with that. At least we get interesting stories when she's on without as many asinine questions and comments from Dave.

dan7800

Does Knapp have a beef with Heather or is it with Keith?

Forgive me. This is like a soap opera.

ShayP

Quote from: dan7800 on April 24, 2018, 06:50:37 AM
Does Knapp have a beef with Heather or is it with Keith?

Forgive me. This is like a soap opera.

Heather called Knapp a vulture because he posted something about Art Bell.  She felt she needed to give him permission or something like that.  There's probably more.  I can't keep up with the soap opera.  Knapp responded to her post brilliantly as I recall.

dan7800

Quote from: ShayP on April 24, 2018, 07:02:01 AM
Heather called Knapp a vulture because he posted something about Art Bell.  She felt she needed to give him permission or something like that.  There's probably more.  I can't keep up with the soap opera.  Knapp responded to her post brilliantly as I recall.

I wonder if Knapp and Keith get along? To me, Knapp was the closest thing to Art and I'd subscribe to a show he did. But I guess why would Knapp even need Keith?

cweb

I can't speak for George Knapp, but he appears content with his journalism career being the "almost every day" thing and the radio gig being once every few weeks. He seems refreshed when he hits the mic, but I wonder if he's worried about a more regular radio gig becoming a drag. Plus, why leave a reporting career that he kicks ass at?

I'm just thankful we get the Knapp shows that we get.

CoolTen10

George Knapp is a true professional and all around nice guy. He always answers when you email him. He probably knew Art much more than Heather and was probably more 'broken up' about it. But what does he do..he keeps his composure and acts like the true professional he is. To bad HW can't learn a lesson or two from him.

AZZERAE

You're a vulture, George Knapp.

Dr. MD MD

Ladies & Gentlemen, Geeeoorgee (The Vulture) Knapp!!! ;D

Renaldo

Knapp rules.  Loved reading his column in the Weekly and seeing him on KLAS when I lived in Vegas. I love listening to him, but I don't know if I'd want him nightly. I think one of the reasons he's so good is that he's not on a lot. 

Heather Wade is a little crying bitch baby.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 27, 2018, 07:51:23 PM
Ladies & Gentlemen, Geeeoorgee (The Vulture) Knapp!!! ;D

He's Looking for Interesting Stories the Way a Vulture Looks for Carion ;)

AZZERAE

Quote from: Renaldo on April 27, 2018, 09:29:54 PM
Knapp rules.  Loved reading his column in the Weekly and seeing him on KLAS when I lived in Vegas. I love listening to him, but I don't know if I'd want him nightly. I think one of the reasons he's so good is that he's not on a lot. 

Heather Wade is a little crying bitch baby.

I couldn't agree with you more. On all fronts.

TigerLily

The last Sunday night of the month and no Knapp? We been robbed  >:(

ItsOver

Quote from: TigerLily on April 29, 2018, 10:23:52 AM
Bummer.  The Squirrel, Nebraska, and Mr. Rogers may riot.

ShayP

Quote from: ItsOver on April 29, 2018, 10:27:29 AM
Bummer.  The Squirrel, Nebraska, and Mr. Rogers may riot.

LOL!  ;D

ShayP

Why?  :'(

ItsOver

Quote from: ShayP on April 29, 2018, 11:34:06 AM
Why?  :'(
Don't know, Shay.  I didn't hear of any reason.  I hope it's not because Knapp was shocked by some autopsy results.  :o  Then again, maybe Good George is following KR's example.  Don't rile the witch. ;)

Morgus

I think this is because this month we have a rare 5th Sunday, and Knapp does the 3rd and 4th Sundays normally.
They tend to mix up who gets the rare 5th Sunday night, it doesn't appear to be assigned to the same guest host.

Noory doesn't dare cross Heather.

ShayP

Sunday - May 27, 2018

HOST
George Knapp

GUESTS
James Goodall, Radley Balko, Tucker Carrington

First half: The legendary SR-71 Blackbird spy plane was, and still is, the world's only operational Mach 3 aircraft, and was designed, built, and tested by Lockheed's famed ‘’Skunk Works.’’ A new book by James Goodall, world renowned expert on the Blackbird, the F-117 Stealth Fighter and Area 51, covers all fifty Blackbirds built, from the first flight in 1962, to the last in 1999. Goodall will discuss what he has learned from his sources after more than sixty years in the military aviation and aerospace field and his personal relationship with Area 51 whistle-blower Bob Lazar.

Second half: After two three-year-old girls were murdered in rural Mississippi, law enforcement pursued and convicted two innocent men. Together they spent a combined thirty years in prison before finally being exonerated in 2008. Meanwhile, the real killer remained free. Investigative journalist Radley Balko and criminal defense lawyer Tucker Carrington will recount the story of how the criminal justice system allowed this to happen, and how two men built successful careers on the back of a structure of injustice.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: ShayP on May 25, 2018, 06:04:23 PM
Sunday - May 27, 2018

HOST
George Knapp

GUESTS
James Goodall, Radley Balko, Tucker Carrington

First half: The legendary SR-71 Blackbird spy plane was, and still is, the world's only operational Mach 3 aircraft, and was designed, built, and tested by Lockheed's famed ‘’Skunk Works.’’ A new book by James Goodall, world renowned expert on the Blackbird, the F-117 Stealth Fighter and Area 51, covers all fifty Blackbirds built, from the first flight in 1962, to the last in 1999. Goodall will discuss what he has learned from his sources after more than sixty years in the military aviation and aerospace field and his personal relationship with Area 51 whistle-blower Bob Lazar.

Second half: After two three-year-old girls were murdered in rural Mississippi, law enforcement pursued and convicted two innocent men. Together they spent a combined thirty years in prison before finally being exonerated in 2008. Meanwhile, the real killer remained free. Investigative journalist Radley Balko and criminal defense lawyer Tucker Carrington will recount the story of how the criminal justice system allowed this to happen, and how two men built successful careers on the back of a structure of injustice.

Sounds...

ShayP

Quote from: GravitySucks on May 27, 2018, 11:00:03 PM
Howdy

After striking out and succumbing to the sandman the last two Knapp shows, I feel like this may be a slow night in the thread.  Nonetheless it should be a good time.   8)

Cheers Gravity!  :D