• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150805 - Flat Earth Debate - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 05, 2015, 05:42:00 PM

Heatheredacted: THIS IS AWESOME! Thank you! I hope we can get a rematch with last nights phony and this professor. This is great radio.  :)

albrecht

Quote from: ItsOver on August 05, 2015, 10:13:28 PM
Tomorrow night, "Does the Sun revolve around the Earth?"
I, vaguely, recall a "theorist" or "expert" claiming the difference now in the sun's brightness/coloration was due to new(er) technology. The creators of the "dome" surrounding the somewhat flat earth using more modern methodology for the sun on the inside of the dome, where the other projected constellations are also (or was it a the center in the "convex earth" theory?) Like the difference between an old bulb, florescent, the newer compact floresect, and now the LED bulbs. According to some comment, I seem to recall hearing, the sun was brighter/different-color in the "old days." Apparently Obama, or his equivalent in the ET world, has demanded bans on certain bulbs, I guess, even there. :o

Quote from: eddie dean on August 05, 2015, 10:17:42 PM
yes.
and photos are faked.
It's impossible to debate these guys. They always go off on tangents.

Quantum Entanglement makes the world actually flat.

Alienmojo

This doctor should have been on last night instead of Stanton... would have chewed that guy to pieces!

trostol

lol ok...this flat earth guy is a douche bag

swordpoint9

Awesome Fucking Radio . HG Wells coming up !

Claudius

Quote from: Alienmojo on August 05, 2015, 10:18:35 PM
This doctor should have been on last night instead of Stanton... would have chewed that guy to pieces!
agree. Stanton was falling asleep

ONeill

Oh man, how on (flat) Earth is this going to go on for 3 hours? The Flat-Earther needs medical help.

QuoteThis first enlightenment shows that a 24,000 mile circumference 'ball' or planet has a simple formula for curvature. It works out that every mile must average a drop of 8 inches. 10 miles must drop 66 feet. After 90 miles, earth must curve down one mile in order to create the roundness required to make the planet described by modern science.

The simple formula is inarguable and one begins to see that flat maps are actually quite revealing. When the curvature argument is firmly seated as won by author, Parallax, and it is, what follows is a landslide of eye-opening experiments that prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that earth is flat.

Jackstar

I have a hard time believing that this is better radio than sending a remote team to Frank Drake's house and waking his ass up and asking him questions would be.

He's only 94. WAKEY WAKEY.

jonnyvice

Who....what..... what's going o-.....

This kind of sounds mean putting a flat earth believer on the air....

Catops

This debate is totally like usenet after AOL came online in the early 90s!

trostol

i nother news..Rome has reports of the black plague and many many deaths

Claudius

Next up a debate between someone who claims that no one is breathing and someone who is not currently locked up in an institution.

Xitheron

TorqueSport

Quote from: Claudius on August 05, 2015, 10:03:32 PM
haha flat earthers are like people who think that gravity is a conspiracy

It is. I mean it's certainly keeping me down.

wenck

I don't see how this will last three hours, but I am amused.

galt

This is the smartest episode of Art Bell's show ever. Seriously. This is a perfect cautionary tale about falling for conspiracy theories and how accepting things without critical thinking end up leaving you believing the earth is flat.

Sabu2K

Waiting for someone to start screaming "JERRY JERRY JERRY JERRY"

trostol

so..every time he says with all do respect doctor..take a drink

Coz

Not homo hatin' and live and let live, but this homo bitch needs something I can't give him..