• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Too Much Money Grubbing

Started by apogee, May 10, 2013, 08:16:11 PM

apogee

I have listened to C2C for decades. Now it almost makes my ears bleed with the selection of guests. Even more so than the guests is how confrontational the host can be at times. The main perp is Ian Punnet. For crying out loud if he is not talking religion he is dominating all views. Others are guilty too just not so pronounced. Then there are the seemingly endless commercials, one after another and another and another followed by a thirty second blast of we will be right back and then more commercials. Heck you cannot even stream the broadcast from the website without paying anymore. Then how about the new goal of a million more C2c "insiders" signed up this year as a heavily advertised "goal.  I should say so. One million people paying 0.15c/day is $54,750,000 this does not take into consideration the automatic charge if you space out the annual due date. It has become quite the racket and I do not feel the same vibe as when Art was doing the show. I know he was making money and all of that, but this is pretty much in your face. It is getting tough for me at this point. These are just my feelings. If I am out in left field by all means flame away......apogee

Tinfoil Hat

I think you're spot-on, apogee. Fortunately, you can listen to old Art Bell shows on  the Fine Art Stream and download commercial-free old and current C2C shows here. You can also listen live for free here .

I used to be an "insider" but this place has convinced me it was a waste and I just couldn't take one more snake-oil show.

Art may be gone, but at least we have access to the archives!

Hi, apogee... enjoyed your post.  I quite agree.  C2C (like pretty much everything on the radio) is about the almighty dollar.  Many of those ads prey on the ignorance and fear of listeners, too (e.g., Goldline, e-Foods Direct, etc.).  It is quite reprehensible.  No, I don't think Art partook of such nonsense on the scale we see today.  I know that there is a tendency to romanticize the past (and past hosts), but I do think times were a bit different.  Things have changed; we are the worse for it.

apogee

Quote from: West of the Rockies on May 11, 2013, 10:29:00 AM
Hi, apogee... enjoyed your post.  I quite agree.  C2C (like pretty much everything on the radio) is about the almighty dollar.  Many of those ads prey on the ignorance and fear of listeners, too (e.g., Goldline, e-Foods Direct, etc.).  It is quite reprehensible.  No, I don't think Art partook of such nonsense on the scale we see today.  I know that there is a tendency to romanticize the past (and past hosts), but I do think times were a bit different.  Things have changed; we are the worse for it.

Thank you for your comments. I was hoping I was not alone in my feelings and now I know I am not......