• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Amy On The Radio

Started by JesusJuice, April 20, 2016, 11:38:15 PM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Ciardelo on March 22, 2017, 08:52:06 PM
What do you get?

WHAT DO YOU GET DOC???

Another day older and deeper in debt.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 22, 2017, 08:52:38 PM
Well, once we move colonies there and their physiology changes. Is there a new episode of The Expanse tonight?  :D

That's right.  Which is why they need rights before they exist, just so's there's no confusion.  :) As for Expanse I can't ever follow series in real time anymore - so I'm waiting to binge watch Season 2 off netflix down the road. 

All the red tape on space is pretty lame, I would like to see a kind of live streamed spectator sport in my lifetime where a bunch of drones go out into the kuiper belt and just blow themselves up with experimental weapons like railguns, kind of like Robot Wars but in zero gravity without having to worry about the people standing around.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on March 22, 2017, 08:56:27 PM
That's right.  Which is why they need rights before they exist, just so's there's no confusion.  :) As for Expanse I can't ever follow series in real time anymore - so I'm waiting to binge watch Season 2 off netflix down the road.

Not me. I'm hooked, man. I wait on every new episode.  ;)

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 22, 2017, 09:04:49 PM
Not me. I'm hooked, man. I wait on every new episode.  ;)

Oh I'm hooked too, I just can't ever seem to keep straight what time/channel tv broadcasts are on and always end up out-of-sync.  Happened with Walking Dead, Last Ship, so many others. 

Btw, one thing I love about the Expanse is how it envisions the future political/economic/social order of a colonized solar system.  I'm reminded of Heinlein's Moon is a Harsh Mistress by this, which is apropos of tonite's discussion on lunar political science. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: zeebo on March 22, 2017, 09:11:01 PM
Oh I'm hooked too, I just can't ever seem to keep straight what time/channel tv broadcasts are on and always end up out-of-sync.  Happened with Walking Dead, Last Ship, so many others. 

Btw, one thing I love about the Expanse is how it envisions the future political/economic/social order of a colonized solar system.  I'm reminded of Heinlein's Moon is a Harsh Mistress by this, which is apropos of tonite's discussion on lunar political science.

Yeah, that's one of the best aspects of the show. That and how us Earthlings change as we go to live and work in different places in our solar system. What are you watching through? Cable? Netflix?

zeebo

Quote from: Dr. MD MDhttp://bellgab.com/Smileys/default/cheesy.gif on March 22, 2017, 09:12:59 PM
Yeah, that's one of the best aspects of the show. That and how us Earthlings change as we go to live and work in different places in our solar system. What are you watching through? Cable? Netflix?

They had a couple 'on-demand' on my cable, which I checked out awhile back after norland reco'd the show to me.  After that I got the whole first season on netflix and binged it over like a week.   

paladin1991

Quote from: PrairieGhost on March 22, 2017, 07:38:59 PM
I never give those numbers out.

Is that  because all three of us would be giving imaginary knuckle bumps to each other?

zeebo

Quote from: Pulling my Pud in Yorkshire on March 22, 2017, 10:46:08 PM
Is that  because all three of us would be giving imaginary knuckle bumps to each other?

lol I tried to think of a good zinger but I'm glad I waited for yours.

zeebo

It's Wednesday ... Time for us all to join hands and hope the best for Amy's ears.  Last show was good and I have to give Amy belated props for pushing back on Zimmerman who was a bit cantankerous imho.

Dyna-X

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 22, 2017, 07:27:17 PM
Thanks PG. how many live listeners?
I'd estimate it in the low triple digits, 150-250 range. For the last show 80 - 100.

whoozit

I wanted to listen but a freak accident with a cotton ball and soda straw left me unable to listen to the show.

ItsOver

Quote from: whoozit on March 29, 2017, 01:21:55 PM
I wanted to listen but a freak accident with a cotton ball and soda straw left me unable to listen to the show.
I had a hangnail.  Plus, my mailman is stalking me.  I saw him at my mailbox.

Quote from: ItsOver on March 29, 2017, 02:41:02 PM
I had a hangnail.  Plus, my mailman is stalking me.  I saw him at my mailbox.

He's not stalking you. He's marking you for FEMA camp.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/corbin-ky/TA5TRC3V9JBQMB7D2

ShayP

Quote from: zeebo on March 29, 2017, 01:46:54 AM
It's Wednesday ... Time for us all to join hands and hope the best for Amy's ears. 

Only if we can stare at a lake at the same time.  You know...it soothes.

Two weeks in a row?   Wow!

and a shout out to Bellgab!

Is the Cold War over?

WildCard

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 29, 2017, 07:08:32 PM
and a shout out to Bellgab!

Is the Cold War over?

As long as she didn't all us, "lovely people", it's all good.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 29, 2017, 07:58:18 PM
Is she on right now?
Yep, her guest weaseled so she's talking AI

zeebo

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on March 29, 2017, 08:04:08 PM
Yep, her guest weaseled so she's talking AI

Interesting discussion actually.  Or monologue.  :D

zeebo

I like Amy but I'm starting to wonder what the purpose of a schedule is serving here.  Maybe she should just announce like a half hour before she goes on "Show tonite!", kind of like random bellgab podcasts.

Ciardelo

Quote from: zeebo on April 05, 2017, 08:14:25 PM
I like Amy but I'm starting to wonder what the purpose of a schedule is serving here.  Maybe she should just announce like a half hour before she goes on "Show tonite!", kind of like random bellgab podcasts.

I'm sure the affiliates insist upon a set schedule Zeeb.

zeebo

Quote from: Ciardelo on April 05, 2017, 08:28:52 PM
I'm sure the affiliates insist upon a set schedule Zeeb.

Yeah it's probably like those jobs I had where they were like "Be here at such and such time" and I was like "Sure!", and then I'd always be late and they'd say "Hey you're not following the schedule!" and I'd say "Yeah well I'm sleepy in the mornings!" and they'd be like "Hey then don't bother coming at all tomorrow!" and I'd say "Great but I'm still taking a nap after lunch!"  Well, something like that.