• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

jazmunda

Quote from: onan on September 02, 2015, 02:52:19 PM
Fine with me too, how much and where do I send the check?

Art I don't think that there us anything wrong with you plugging the donations on the show and targeting those already subscribing to give a little more if they can. People might not be aware that they can assist further.

There is nothing on ArtBell.com starting this. Even the link on the main site about becoming a Time Traveler and directing you to another site to join doesn't stress the importance that taking out a subscription helps supports the show.

I can't stress enough how much the website and the show need to be integrated. There seems to be a big disconnect in the branding and correlation of the two. Maybe it's just me.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on September 02, 2015, 02:17:06 AM
I see people on Bell Gab hated the Guest tonight. However all the people on the Wormhole loved it. My email was good on the Guest and what feedback there was on FB liked the Guest. The only caller I had who did not like the Guest was from Bell Gab. hmmmmm, could it be that everybody here is of one mind? .

Art

To answer your question.... YES!  But BellGab is your loyalist fan base, use its group think for your advantage :)  be our leader! ... Glad you are doing Bellgab Shout-outs again  :-*

Art Bell

Shortwave is cool, BUT if you listen to it these days the only thing that survives is religion because, well they have to put their money someplace. It's sad but it is the way of the World now. The glory days of shortwave are long gone I am sad t say.

The glory days of AM radio are now short. We are still early on streaming but mark my words that is where everything is going.

Art

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on September 02, 2015, 02:14:34 PM
I am not at all shocked by shortwave not making it, the electric bill is really big for them and about the only people who can afford it are religion based shows. Bob Crane is helping WTWW but even that may not last because it is just not getting many listeners these days.

The same really goes for what we are doing, I told you all that this would be a smaller show because it is on mostly the Internet and this is new stuff for the Public, I do not have a problem with that, it may end up being a listener supported program which is also fine with me. If we don't have many who Advertise with us there is more time for content.

Art

Art, I would look at the "No Agenda Show" as a really good model! With your name recognition, you could get a huge, new audience.

MV suggested this yesterday and I think it is definitely worth evaluating.

You can use some of the tools that they have in their marketing efforts.

http://www.noagendashow.com/

AppealPlay

Quote from: Art Bell on September 02, 2015, 03:12:07 PM
Shortwave is cool, BUT if you listen to it these days the only thing that survives is religion because, well they have to put their money someplace. It's sad but it is the way of the World now. The glory days of shortwave are long gone I am sad t say.

The glory days of AM radio are now short. We are still early on streaming but mark my words that is where everything is going.

Art

I hear you, buddy.  Keep up the good work and I'm sure everything will work itself out.  It would be great to get more terrestrial affiliates but if that doesn't or can't happen then that's okay, too.  Your core audience will always follow you.

Quote from: Uncle Duke on September 02, 2015, 02:48:11 PM
BCQ is a long time favorite of mine, brilliantly eclectic mix of programming...

Did you ever catch the WDCD (Wanton Display of Control and Disruption) show on WBCQ back in the early 2000s, Duke?  Their shows were wild and crazy audio collages assembled from all kinds of off the wall sources, and I really enjoyed those that I heard.  I have a couple of them on CD that they sent me years ago in exchange for one of my CDs, and I still play them every so often when I'm in the right kind of receptive mood. 

ItsOver

...We are still early on streaming but mark my words that is where everything is going.

Art
Yes.  Everywhere, you see folks walking around with their smartphones, many with earbuds.  It's been awhile since I've seen anyone walking around with a transistor radio.

albrecht

Art
Sad but mainly true, unless you speak Spanish or French- or like "number stations." I hope WTWW keeps it on but definitely understand. No what the shows goes we will be there.

AppealPlay

Quote from: ItsOver on September 02, 2015, 03:16:06 PM
Yes.  Everywhere, you see folks walking around with their smartphones, many with earbuds.  It's been awhile since I've seen anyone walking around with a transistor radio.

I just know that guy smoked Tareytons.

BellBoy

Art

You're right Art, I'm not a young man but I haven't used "traditional devices" for any media in more than a decade. Even my old trusty internet radio is largely unused these days. On demand is where it's at... My eight year old is astonished that we use to "wait" for a program to come on. "Why Dad? That's stupid!"

ItsOver

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 02, 2015, 03:16:58 PM
I just know that guy smoked Tareytons.
Yeah, he sure doesn't look like a Marlboro Man.

BellBoy

Quote from: ItsOver on September 02, 2015, 03:21:54 PM
Yeah, he sure doesn't look like a Marlboro Man.

That's because Tareyton smokers aren't pussies....

TigerLily

Quote from: jazmunda on September 02, 2015, 03:08:52 PM

I can't stress enough how much the website and the show need to be integrated. There seems to be a big disconnect in the branding and correlation of the two. Maybe it's just me.
Totally agree with you, Jaz.  And if you want subscribers, don't make it so hard to pay.  I'm a pretty rabid Art Bell fan but it did give me pause to have to dust off my PayPal account.  Of course, I did but how many just stopped at that point.

SciFiAuthor

Peter Davenport has always been a good listen. Should be a good night. Plus Hoagland's doing open lines, God knows what craziness will happen there.

AppealPlay

Quote from: TigerLily on September 02, 2015, 03:28:54 PM
Totally agree with you, Jaz.  And if you want subscribers, don't make it so hard to pay.  I'm a pretty rabid Art Bell fan but it did give me pause to have to dust off my PayPal account.  Of course, I did but how many just stopped at that point.

Have to agree about PayPal.  I'd rather be able to pay Art directly with my debit card or ACH.  However, I'd bet PayPal is cheaper for them to use than other payment processing.

TigerLily

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 02, 2015, 03:11:27 PM
To answer your question.... YES!  But BellGab is your loyalist fan base, use its group think for your advantage :)  be our leader! ... Glad you are doing Bellgab Shout-outs again  :-*
Groupthink? No, we don't.

BellBoy

Quote from: WhiteCrow on September 02, 2015, 03:11:27 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: BellBoy on September 02, 2015, 03:37:10 PM
Ha! About the only thing I've seen agreement on is Art is great and Dave sucks.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Eddie Coyle on September 02, 2015, 12:24:10 PM
  PAGES of posts of suggestions on spreading the word about MITD and Art in general. Art's response...silence.

Some criticism of a guest...Art posts multiple times with an accusation of groupthink.

Hardy har Har... As with any business Art has limited resources, great ideas take time and resources to implement. Art great idea was to ask for help from loyal fan base (BellGab) to start another social media Blitz, in hopes of generating more revenue. More revenue allows hiring more staff to implement some of the great ideas generated on recent PAGES of posts. But some how Art's great idea of Media Blitz 2.0 got lost amongst all the other Bellgabbers great ideas

Geez... did I make that clear enough by saying the same thing 3 different times;)

No not clear enough yet.... Get going and start Media Blitz 2.0 to generate revenue so Art can hire more staff to implement your great ideas and most important, Art and Keith can hire more staffer so they don't get frustrated with work load and hang it up again.

(Smiley face herding cats)

does Davenport still have his beeping tape recorder ;D

BellBoy

Quote from: Chocolate coated jackboot on September 02, 2015, 03:46:17 PM
does Davenport still have his beeping tape recorder ;D

...and more importantly, does it do (poorly faked) EVPs!?!

(I finally listened to Patrick Bullshit Burns... ::) )

AppealPlay

I'm confused about what Art and Keith want this show to be.  Are they wanting to create a big terrestrial radio show or a subscription based podcast?  I guess both?

If you need more money, guys, just add more commercials.  We won't mind.

BellBoy

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 02, 2015, 03:59:43 PM
...Are they wanting to create a big terrestrial radio show or a subscription based podcast?

From what I can gather, the answer is "yes".

Skunk Ape

Quote from: Art Bell on September 02, 2015, 02:17:06 AM
I see people on Bell Gab hated the Guest tonight. However all the people on the Wormhole loved it. My email was good on the Guest and what feedback there was on FB liked the Guest. The only caller I had who did not like the Guest was from Bell Gab. hmmmmm, could it be that everybody here is of one mind? I didn't think he was that bad.

Art

I have 35 minutes left in the podcast, and unless he totally loses it within this time, I'd say this was a good show.

I make the trip up to Savannah a few times a year so I'm aware of some of the stories and locations, it was a creepy show.

Now if we can get a St. Augustine ghost hunter with EVPs I'll pack up all of my recording equipment and make the 2-hour drive ASAP.

Good show, Art.

AppealPlay

Quote from: BellBoy on September 02, 2015, 04:00:47 PM
From what I can gather, the answer is "yes".

If they want to create a large radio show they should double down and add more commercials and market the show to PDs.  I feel like I can speak for many of his fans in saying that we will follow him wherever he goes.  Hell, I bought a SiriusXM satellite radio package strictly because of Art's show.

BellBoy

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 02, 2015, 04:09:22 PM
If they want to create a large radio show they should double down and add more commercials and market the show to PDs.  I feel like I can speak for many of his fans in saying that we will follow him wherever he goes.  Hell, I bought a SiriusXM satellite radio package strictly because of Art's show.

I stopped buying new shit after Hi-Fi Reel-to-Reel Quadrophonic 8-Trac Cassette HD-Cassette CompactDisc MiniDisc mp3 FLAC...

Morgus

Quote from: jazmunda on September 02, 2015, 03:05:29 AM
http://artbell.com/wed-sep-2-peter-davenport/

I have been listening to Peter Daveport report on Art's show for nearing 20 years and I have never seen a photo of him. I always imagined him to look different.

Is it a coincidence that Peter Davenport didn't appear on Noory's c2c last week for his short weekly UFO update after appearing every week for a long time before that?
Maybe Noory caught wind of Peter going to appear on Art's show this week?  8)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: TigerLily on September 02, 2015, 03:31:11 PM

Oh my, you're so vicious and vaguely lovable.