• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 29, 2015, 02:27:54 PM

Nonpartisan midgets are OK here, right?

That's just being wishy washy. The midgets need to pick a side.

CornyCrow

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 29, 2015, 10:02:06 AM
Art had millions of listeners at one time. Those listeners are still out there, but are most likely unaware of Art`s return, or where to hear him.

I suspect if we could reach more of those millions of former listeners, we could dramatically increase Art`s listener base, which would mean more revenue. that`s a good thing.

Let`s face it, while Art is enjoying this latest gig, he certainly doesn`t have any interest in running the show in the red. Positive cash flow is imperative to continuing this operation.
Unless we KNOW what the financials are, why speculate?  We don't know if we are in a hole, just breaking even, or making money.  All we have is Art, wanting to expand.  That's it.  I would assume nothing.

onan

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 29, 2015, 02:49:22 PM
That's just being wishy washy. The midgets need to pick a side.

I didn't want to say it.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: onan on August 29, 2015, 02:45:12 PM
send me pics and I will decide.

Sorry, but the judge was quite clear on the matter....at least 100 ft from all midgets and absolutely no photographs allowed.

Finally! I know the solution to Art's situation. I just created this really cool, smarmy meme which we all agree to post EVERYWHERE.

Hat tip to Eddie

Quote from: CornyCrow on August 29, 2015, 02:51:11 PM
Unless we KNOW what the financials are, why speculate?  We don't know if we are in a hole, just breaking even, or making money.  All we have is Art, wanting to expand.  That's it.  I would assume nothing.

You'll have to excuse me, CC, I'm one of those capitalists you hear so much about. Always looking to increase revenue.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: FightTheFuture on August 29, 2015, 03:20:54 PM
You'll have to excuse me, CC, I'm one of those capitalists you hear so much about. Always looking to increase revenue.

We learned all about you people in my "Economic Sociology of Oppression" class.

sorefinger

Quote from: onan on August 29, 2015, 02:47:44 PM
Look simpleton, several have asked. Your arguments will have more support and conversation in that thread.

Take your complaint to Complaints, and just shut up already!

gabrielle

Uncle Duke's finger looks like it may be sore....what is up with that sorefinger?

BellBoy

Quote from: gabrielle on August 29, 2015, 03:42:31 PM
Uncle Duke's finger looks like it may be sore....what is up with that sorefinger?

I think poor ol' Uncle Duke's finger might have been dropped on its head one too many times as a baby. I know that would sure make me a sorefinger... being dropped on my head, too many times. ;)

Art Bell

Well I got Skype figured out, a day late. I know people wanted Paranormal stories but in a show with a Jury it's just tough to ask them that BUT I will give it a try.

I like trying new stuff, sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. But if you never try new stuff you just end up doing the same old thing, I will keep experimenting.

Art

BellBoy

Quote from: Art Bell on August 29, 2015, 03:51:35 PM
Well I got Skype figured out, a day late. I know people wanted Paranormal stories but in a show with a Jury it's just tough to ask them that BUT I will give it a try.

I like trying new stuff, sometimes it works, sometimes not so much. But if you never try new stuff you just end up doing the same old thing, I will keep experimenting.

Art

Live, learn, improve and move forward. Go get 'em Art!

starrmtn001

Art
Now that's the Art Bell Spirit I so love! :D

Paradox

Art
Excellent!  And so was the Truth or Trash show!  Laughed my socks off! 

gabrielle

Art

It was a great fun show Art.  You are keeping it real!

ItsOver

Art
You did great, Art.  I'm just glad I didn't have to listen to Lionel Fanthorpe.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: BellBoy on August 29, 2015, 03:48:05 PM
I think poor ol' Uncle Duke's finger might have been dropped on its head one too many times as a baby. I know that would sure make me a sorefinger... being dropped on my head, too many times. ;)

Ironically, I did suffer numerous finger injuries as a youngster.  Little finger on left hand was 80% severed in a garage door but reattached, six other fingers and a thumb either broken or dislocated playing football.  Couple of them still ache, especially in cold, damp weather.

Head's fine though.

BellBoy

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 29, 2015, 04:12:22 PM
Ironically, I did suffer numerous finger injuries as a youngster.  Little finger on left hand was 80% severed in a garage door but reattached, six other fingers and a thumb either broken or dislocated playing football.  Couple of them still ache, especially in cold, damp weather.

Head's fine though.

So you, of all people, can certainly understand the agony of having to deal with all the bullshit surrounding a sorefinger.

Glad to hear aout the head!

AppealPlay

Art

I liked it.  I want to nominate Louisiana Howard for permanent juror. :D

castromiller

Maybe some sky writing over a few major cities would help advertise the show.....just be sure to use chem-trails so the message lasts longer.

Uncle Duke

You don't like the fact I was poking fun at the political posts that others found offensive in the Art Bell thread.  Noted.

Paradox

Here are some comments I have heard recently.  Despite what people think there are still a great number of people who do not have computers or smart phones.  They depend on radio and TV for entertainment.

Art Bell needs to appeal to the younger audience.  Not sure how to go about that without going into deep undercover and joining some sites.  I'm afraid my brain would melt and run out my ears.  Maybe better to hijack your kid's FB page or whatever account for a bit and put something there.

Art should go on Howard Stern?  OMG!  I just got a hundred more grey hairs!

Personally I don't like calling other shows and then blurting out that Art Bell is back, etc.  Not good form.  Now if it comes up in or can be inserted into conversation, yep.

Best ideas I have seen so far-the youtube channel.  The reddit idea-just make sure people can find it.  An interview or article on/in a widely disseminated show or publication.

Of course buying ad space in specific youth oriented and other publications for an issue every couple of months  might help a bit.  Not every month.  One and then two or three months later another.  Use some of those dynamite graphics people created for the blitz. 

My idea about having an article or ad in alternative papers was based on the fact that all the musicians read them.  Seems like musicians make up a decent portion of late night listening audiences.  And honestly?  I've been trying to figure out a way to get the news into ads I put on craigslist or my neighborhood FB clone site. Getting close but haven't quite figured how to get around the no advertising rule.  Still sharing on FB, Twitter, Pinterest and Google+.  Unfortunately I do not have a huge friend or follower base.  Sorry. :(

castromiller

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on August 29, 2015, 04:21:05 PM
I think Big Howard should have a rotating guest slot on all of the Dark Matter Network shows.  Let's see how he interacts with Nancy and Bill on Future Theater.  I think he would fit right in with the folks over at Late Night in the Midlands.

BellBoy

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 29, 2015, 04:23:29 PM
You don't like the fact I was poking fun at the political posts that others found offensive in the Art Bell thread.  Noted.

No actually gabrielle and I were just having some fun with sorefinger, pointing out that he is a bit of an ass... sorry your avatar, with its poking finger, was just a handy metaphor. I fully support everyone's right to be offended and likewise to be offensive... so long as they don't take themselves too seriously.  ;)

gabrielle

Quote from: BellBoy on August 29, 2015, 04:29:34 PM
No actually gabrielle and I were just having some fun with sorefinger, pointing out that he is a bit of an ass... sorry your avatar, with its poking finger, was just a handy metaphor.

All this talk of sore fingers and other body parts is disconcerting.  Just poking fun!  (get it?)

I have no trouble with anything I read on this thread.  I love it all.

Uncle Duke

So was "Howard" really Mancow as someone asserted on the live thread this morning during the show?   I've only heard him a couple times while traveling, so I wouldn't recognize his voice/personae.

ItsOver

I'm glad I'm not a perp facing the first jury. Unless I was innocent.

BellBoy

Quote from: ItsOver on August 29, 2015, 04:36:29 PM
I'm glad I'm not a perp facing the first jury. Unless I was innocent.

Let's just hope none of us ever has to face trial by wormhole... THAT would be scary!  :o

castromiller

Quote from: BellBoy on August 29, 2015, 04:44:19 PM
Let's just hope none of us ever has to face trial by wormhole... THAT would be scary!  :o
Isn't Trial by Wormhole the upcoming Michael Bay movie staring Edward Norton as "Mitch, the lovable cab driver"?