• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Windows 10

Started by Juan, July 29, 2015, 04:22:44 PM

Quote from: 14 on May 17, 2019, 01:54:16 AM
Since turning 45, every AAA towman/locksmith except one has been rude and domineering.  They used to be warm and accommodating.

Alright, I'm done bitching at you.
Did it ever occur to you that it's not your age that's causing this indifference ? 
Could it possibly be your attitude ?

I'll let you in on a little secret.
Guys' can instantly tell about a woman by the way they carry themselves.
If you can't understand that - I'm not going to explain it

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on May 17, 2019, 02:25:18 AM

I am a wispy Asian with an ass like a 12 year old boy. 

This isn't Grindr, go post your profile somewhere else.

Jojo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on May 17, 2019, 02:51:10 AM
Alright, I'm done bitching at you.
Did it ever occur to you that it's not your age that's causing this indifference ? 
Could it possibly be your attitude ?

I'll let you in on a little secret.
Guys' can instantly tell about a woman by the way they carry themselves.
If you can't understand that - I'm not going to explain it
Well, I weigh 25lbs more now than then.  14's had a pretty friendly attitude...

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on May 17, 2019, 02:13:29 AM
Don't you think that it's time to put the bottle down and go to bed?  Big day tomorrow hugging the toilet.  Cmon big guy, Mr. Sandman awaits.
HAAAAAaaaaaa- haaa-haa
Shit man,  wish I was putting down some shots.    ;)

Oh, and BTW - I don't hug the toilet. What I drink - on occasion that I do  -  has no additives that inspire hang-overs. It'll kill you though, if you over indulge.
I drink real ...       ;)
(None of that pussy shit)

Jojo

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on May 17, 2019, 01:28:08 AM
Well...yeah, but I have a really big cock.  That makes up for a lot.

Good detective work about 14, by the way.  I should have known better than to try and slide that one past you.
There was no detective work, just personal insights without any facts to support them.  Grand standing.  Ohhhh, is grand standing gauche?  Why, yes it eeeeeesssss.  DPS, You didn't slide anything past anyone because you have NOT exposed any supposed sock puppet.

Jojo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on May 17, 2019, 02:57:08 AM
HAAAAAaaaaaa- haaa-haa
Shit man,  wish I was putting down some shots.    ;)

Oh, and BTW - I don't hug the toilet. What I drink - on occasion that I do  -  has no additives that inspire hang-overs. It'll kill you though, if you over indulge.
I drink real ...       ;)
(None of that pussy shit)
I don't know how to spell conagens or conigens, and Google was no help, but domestic drinks in the US are full of them and yes, they do cause hangovers.  So, hard liquor or imports are an option.  But what is this one you say is potentially lethal more than others?  And good night.

Quote from: 14 on May 17, 2019, 03:04:56 AM
I don't know how to spell conagens or conigens, and Google was no help, but domestic drinks in the US are full of them and yes, they do cause hangovers.  So, hard liquor or imports are an option.  But what is this one you say is potentially lethal more than others?  And good night.
For me to actually explain that ...  .
Look, have you ever been in a car that was fast enough to kill you, but not powerful or fast enough to scare you ?
We'll leave it at that.

Why the fuck are you using Google?
STARTPAGE or DUCKDUCKGO are 10,000 better.
Oh shit, Alright -     
                                   http://www.thesearchenginelist.com/

https://www.howtogeek.com/348792/how-to-remove-google-from-your-life/

Be careful - a lot of the recommendations in the second link are just another form of surveillance. Do your own research.

DPS - Thank you.
You are absolutely correct. I have no business being here.
I'm filled w/ rage and am posting nothing of value.
Thank you for the reminder.
I'll be back when I have something worth reading.
I should know better than to engage with those that  are only looking to stir the pot.
Once again - Thank you.    ;)

Ru roh George.   Looks like Yorkie's laptop is in for another round of hell.  More Intel flaws.

https://techcrunch.com/2019/05/14/zombieload-flaw-intel-processors/

Jojo

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on May 17, 2019, 03:36:26 AM
For me to actually explain that ...  .
Look, have you ever been in a car that was fast enough to kill you, but not powerful or fast enough to scare you ?
We'll leave it at that.

Why the fuck are you using Google?
STARTPAGE or DUCKDUCKGO are 10,000 better.
Oh shit, Alright -     
                                   http://www.thesearchenginelist.com/

https://www.howtogeek.com/348792/how-to-remove-google-from-your-life/

Be careful - a lot of the recommendations in the second link are just another form of surveillance. Do your own research.

DPS - Thank you.
You are absolutely correct. I have no business being here.
I'm filled w/ rage and am posting nothing of value.
Thank you for the reminder.
I'll be back when I have something worth reading.
I should know better than to engage with those that  are only looking to stir the pot.
Once again - Thank you.    ;)
Well yes, about cars but what is the name of your drink?  Must be some kind of hard liquor.  I suppose you mean some sort of vodka or Everclear.

I would like to use GoodSearch, if it's been improved since 2010.

Google is the Band-Aid of bandages, the Kleenex of tissues...  If a person says Google, half the time it's probably Bing.  It's just a phrase now, like Band-Aid.

Hope you're in a good mood.

And it's not the speed or power of a vehicle that kills necessarily; the cause of death is usually loss of control of the vehicle.

Jojo

Anyone else having videos time out halfway through in Chrome?  IE works fine on same device, inconveniently.

Quote from: 14 on May 17, 2019, 11:29:16 PM
Anyone else having videos time out halfway through in Chrome?  IE works fine on same device, inconveniently.

Sometimes the personal information being fed back to google about you experiences a stack overflow.  Use a browser that does not spy on you, like firefox.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on May 18, 2019, 03:20:26 AM
Sometimes the personal information being fed back to google about you experiences a stack overflow.  Use a browser that does not spy on you, like firefox.

I occasionally go back to Firefox, but then I realise why I ditched it in the first place. It's more bloated than Falkie at an all-u-can-eat Mexican buffet, takes forever to start, and is generally crap. Fortunately my life of spotless morality means I don't fear a knock on the door. Unlike some people.

Jojo

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on May 18, 2019, 03:20:26 AM
Everything is overflowing because in Windows10, Chrome will not clear my browsing history at all.  Not even the last 24 hours of it.  No problem with IE.  No problem with Chrome on another device.  I like Firefox, but not sure if it has an online word processing program/storage.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 14 on May 18, 2019, 04:51:39 AM
Everything is overflowing because in Windows10, Chrome will not clear my browsing history at all.  Not even the last 24 hours of it.  No problem with IE.  No problem with Chrome on another device.  I like Firefox, but not sure if it has an online word processing program/storage.

Use C Cleaner to clear everything out. That usually works.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 18, 2019, 04:30:46 AM
I occasionally go back to Firefox, but then I realise why I ditched it in the first place. It's more bloated than Falkie at an all-u-can-eat Mexican buffet, takes forever to start, and is generally crap. Fortunately my life of spotless morality means I don't fear a knock on the door. Unlike some people.

Moral of the story: Google Chrome is a great browser for people who never get laid and like taking Google cock in the pooper.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: DigitalPigSnuggler on May 18, 2019, 09:43:03 AM
Moral of the story: Google Chrome is a great browser for people who never get laid and like taking Google cock in the pooper.

It's this kind of sassy repartee that makes you such a favourite with the sailors of Mindanao. That and your cute pimp strut/flounce.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 18, 2019, 09:59:32 AM
It's this kind of sassy repartee that makes you such a favourite with the sailors of Mindanao. That and your cute pimp strut/flounce.

My, you have certainly added some zing to this fantasy image that you have of me.  Nothing wrong with that, as clerks say.

Jojo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 18, 2019, 04:58:47 AM
Use C Cleaner to clear everything out. That usually works.
You're just helping me because you found out I'm a liberal  :o!  But there are serious criticisms of C in Wiki.  I need a really functional, compatible browser for my occupation's interfaces.  I already left MS Edge for Chrome, wife #2.  Once burned, twice shy?  And I'm still stunned, because I had expected more.  Maybe Google is no longer the Band-Aid of bandages, the Kleenex of tissues.  I can try another browser again.

Jojo

Quote from: 14 on May 18, 2019, 04:51:39 AM
I like Firefox, but not sure if it has an online word processing program/storage.  !!! Don't let me go astray like this  :o.  Google Chrome and MS Bing don't have word processing.  The word processing comes with one's E-mail system.  So, as long as my new browser allows major E-mail systems, I should be able to work online with documents.  I don't like confusing OS's with browsers, and browsers with E-mail applications.  But things do get overwhelming sometimes, especially when you add on occasionally slow Internet service and hardware issues.  You know how cars have dash lights when the oil is low or the engine is overheating?  Maybe my main interface should tell me when an issue is hardware, OS, ISP or browser-related.  But, what can you expect from tools that have never even displayed their brand name or version in an obvious place....  If I hadn't taken a few computer classes a while back I'd really be lost.

I've always been adverse to Firefox because of its name.  Same with Kindle Fire.  In this century, with global warming I suppose, fire has taken on new dimensions.  And smokers still toss lit butts out.  And fire lantern celebrations still release unattended fires into trees and power lines.  Even years ago, the Firefox subconsciously bothered me, like the flames of hell were embracing the earth.  And there is something monstrous about it.  If it was just drinking from a round lake or dashing through a mountain, that would be fine.  I'm not ruling it out today, though.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 14 on May 18, 2019, 12:13:55 PM
You're just helping me because you found out I'm a liberal  :o!  But there are serious criticisms of C in Wiki.  I need a really functional, compatible browser for my occupation's interfaces.  I already left MS Edge for Chrome, wife #2.  Once burned, twice shy?  And I'm still stunned, because I had expected more.  Maybe Google is no longer the Band-Aid of bandages, the Kleenex of tissues.  I can try another browser again.

No wonder people don't pull over to help you.

Yorkshire pud

Not a Win 10 issue exactly, but possibly just pc with Avast installed. (SV, check your e mail from me please). I can't get onto BG because Avast says its a phishing site...even after I've put it in exemptions. I'm posting this via my phone. Anyone else with the same problem? I've cleared temp files and history etc, but that hasn't fixed it...

Google BG and it has a red exclamation sign next to it. I've scanned but nothing found.

Yours distressed and bereft.

YP

SredniVashtar

Yorkie asked me to post a couple of screenshots for him. I don't know if you're aware, Yorkie, that damon has been going around reporting BG to various anti-virus places and this is probably more of the same.

Jojo

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2019, 12:38:50 PM
Not a Win 10 issue exactly, but possibly just pc with Avast installed. (SV, check your e mail from me please). I can't get onto BG because Avast says its a phishing site...even after I've put it in exemptions. I'm posting this via my phone. Anyone else with the same problem? I've cleared temp files and history etc, but that hasn't fixed it...

Google BG and it has a red exclamation sign next to it. I've scanned but nothing found.

Yours distressed and bereft.

YP
In the wee hours this morning, I had a little difficulty getting in, due to some vague error message about the site.  What browser do you use on that device, pud?

Jojo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 18, 2019, 12:50:54 PM
Yorkie asked me to post a couple of screenshots for him. I don't know if you're aware, Yorkie, that damon has been going around reporting BG to various anti-virus places and this is probably more of the same.
Wouldn't that be malicious harassment?  Ordinary harassment requires a civil suit but I think malicious harassment is a criminal act.  I have met a person who was banned for life from ever using any computer/network again, due to his malicious activity.  I hope Damon is not really doing anything bad - couldn't the perp be anyone?  He'd be pretty stupid to go it alone.  Last I heard from him, he seemed content at EG and not bitter toward BG at all.  Like, he had moved on.  I thought.

Jojo

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 18, 2019, 12:32:59 PM
No wonder people don't pull over to help you.
I do appreciate the suggestion about C.  I know wiki is not an authority, just written by users.  Some of the criticism was very recent, however. 

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 14 on May 18, 2019, 12:55:42 PM
Wouldn't that be malicious harassment?  Ordinary harassment requires a civil suit but I think malicious harassment is a criminal act.  I have met a person who was banned for life from ever using any computer/network again, due to his malicious activity.  I hope Damon is not really doing anything bad - couldn't the perp be anyone?  He'd be pretty stupid to go it alone.  Last I heard from him, he seemed content at EG and not bitter toward BG at all.  Like, he had moved on.  I thought.

He's a malicious simpleton, god knows what motivates people like that. He probably has some grudge that he's trying to work off. It might not be him but he has previous for it anyway.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: SredniVashtar on May 18, 2019, 12:50:54 PM

No mate I didn't know. I use google chrome on the laptop.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 14 on May 18, 2019, 12:57:55 PM
I do appreciate the suggestion about C.  I know wiki is not an authority, just written by users.  Some of the criticism was very recent, however.

I use it fairly regularly and found it helpful, but I'm not an expert so feel free to judge for yourself.

Quote from: 14 on May 18, 2019, 12:31:21 PM
I like Firefox, but not sure if it has an online word processing program/storage.
Have you tried OpenOffice Portable? Put it on a thumb drive so you can use it on other computers.
To block/disable cookies(They're still on you're computer, but to the websites you visit you're a blank slate) I use a Firefox extension called QuickJava. You can toggle cookies, Javascript, flash, GIF animations,  images on and off with one click rather than digging through menus. Unfortunately it only works on FF version 57 or less