• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Rollye James

Started by 999, September 09, 2011, 12:31:35 PM

BobGrau

Quote from: McPhallus on November 18, 2012, 06:44:15 PM
Reminds me of a supervisor in college: Dr. Gay Leathers (real first name: Ellen).  No joke.

Had one at college called Damian Battman.

LAM4:2

First time I heard of her was when she was a Guest Host on C2C, when she interviewed Jerry Katz. Author of ONE:essential writings on Nonduality. I liked the interview so much that I bought the book.

I went to the hosital nursery to do a pku on a baby named Armagedon .That was kind of disturbing.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on December 04, 2012, 12:01:01 AM
I went to the hosital nursery to do a pku on a baby named Armagedon .That was kind of disturbing.

Are you sure that you're in the right thread? I started one about Noory's strangest tales and utterances. In any event, I wish that baby well. Her/his parents sound like a pair of crazy "preppers".

Sardondi

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on December 04, 2012, 12:49:45 AM
Are you sure that you're in the right thread? I started one about Noory's strangest tales and utterances. In any event, I wish that baby well. Her/his parents sound like a pair of crazy "preppers".

Or a momma who thought the greatest gift she could give her fatherless child was an absolutely unique and memorable name. My wife as a young teacher in 1981 taught an 18 yo 12th-grader by the given name of "Rotunda Cathedra". Anyone old enough to remember that terrible, long weekend in late November, 1963, understands where that came from. As for the child, my wife was thankful she went by "Ro".

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Sardondi on December 04, 2012, 01:39:37 AM
Or a momma who thought the greatest gift she could give her fatherless child was an absolutely unique and memorable name. My wife as a young teacher in 1981 taught an 18 yo 12th-grader by the given name of "Rotunda Cathedra". Anyone old enough to remember that terrible, long weekend in late November, 1963, understands where that came from. As for the child, my wife was thankful she went by "Ro".

My friend knew a Puerto Rican girl named "Dia....Rhea". It has a nice ring to it, but the connotation, uh, stinks. Not too long ago, a baby was removed from his home after his dad and mom named him "Adolf Hitler". There likely was more to the story, though. Speaking of strange names, "Rollye", isn't the most common girl's name in the world. It probably helped to build Miss James' character, though. You wonder how many times it was incorrectly pronounced and incorrectly spelled. Despite her unusual name, she's a very gifted conversationalist, with a knack for turning sow's ears into silk purses, the reverse of someone we know.

Pragmier

Quote from: Em Vee on February 27, 2012, 02:39:15 AM
for the purposes of helping those who find this thread through google...

we recently interviewed Rollye on my podcast which you can hear here.  it was a real treat to have her on.

That was excellent! Great show, thanks for linking.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Pragmier on December 06, 2012, 02:20:08 PM
That was excellent! Great show, thanks for linking.

hey there... glad you liked it.

Pragmier

MV you do anymore of those podcasts? I couldn't figure out from ufoship if there's current content.

MV/Liberace!

If you go to ufoship.com, you'll see tje most recent episode at the top. Evelyn and i are going to start recording new shows soon.

Rollye James about a month ago: "So I'm doing what I said I wouldn't do-- an internet based show. I have no idea if this will work, but I think the time is right to find out. I've got a few technical changes I need to make before this starts, and I'm not sure how long that will take, so I don't have a firm start date yet. Now that I've told you about it, I'll have to make it a priority to get it done. "
http://www.rollye.net/

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: 999 on May 09, 2013, 07:35:54 PM
Rollye James about a month ago: "So I'm doing what I said I wouldn't do-- an internet based show. I have no idea if this will work, but I think the time is right to find out. I've got a few technical changes I need to make before this starts, and I'm not sure how long that will take, so I don't have a firm start date yet. Now that I've told you about it, I'll have to make it a priority to get it done. "

i hope she doesn't pull a bruce williams and quit a year after starting because it was costing her ten thousand dollars per month.  an internet radio show, between live streaming and a website where listeners can get the recorded version of the show in podcast format, should cost no more than $100 per month.  all in.

The General

Quote from: 999 on May 09, 2013, 07:35:54 PM
That post seems to have been taken down.  I see no mention of a podcast on her site or on her Facebook page.  Too bad, I'd love some more high quality talk radio to listen to, it's getting rarer and rarer these days.

onan

Quote from: The General on May 12, 2013, 10:24:14 AM
That post seems to have been taken down.  I see no mention of a podcast on her site or on her Facebook page.  Too bad, I'd love some more high quality talk radio to listen to, it's getting rarer and rarer these days.

You are just a hater.

The General

Quote from: onan on May 12, 2013, 10:34:43 AM

You are just a hater.
It's true.  We need a member with the name "The Hater." 
If I weren't already the General, that'd be my new name.

morphiaflow

Quote from: The General on May 12, 2013, 11:12:17 PM
It's true.  We need a member with the name "The Hater." 
If I weren't already the General, that'd be my new name.

You can just be a general hater.

awguy

Hey Gang,

According to Rollye's website (which has just received a nice face lift), she will announce Monday how and when she will return with a new show:

"You're probably checking for a show launch date, and I've got one.  Check again on Monday and I'll share it with you. "

At last, something concrete to report about somebody returning to radio!

Meanandnasty

The hole is filling.  Rolleye James Show and the Art Bell show soon on XM.  You never know?  Rolleye James for three hours and Art Bell for four hour, or some redistribution of this mix.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: awguy on June 09, 2013, 06:34:22 PM
Hey Gang,

According to Rollye's website (which has just received a nice face lift), she will announce Monday how and when she will return with a new show:

"You're probably checking for a show launch date, and I've got one.  Check again on Monday and I'll share it with you. "

At last, something concrete to report about somebody returning to radio!

Great news.  Thanks for sharing.

HorrorRetro

Rollye posted a starting date for her show.

"MONDAY JUNE 10, 2013 11:59 PM ET  With less than a minute to spare, I'm keeping my promise and revealing a start date:  The show will debut Wednesday, June 19th at 10 PM ET.  I am positively delighted by your interest and I'll have more to say in the coming days. Thanks!"

Meanandnasty

The prophesy in coming to fruition. Let's see that is 10:00 p.m. E.S.T., the time that Clyde Lewis was on XM-Satellite.  Did she specify the broadcast source? 

awguy

Quote from: Meanandnasty on June 11, 2013, 11:48:33 AM
The prophesy in coming to fruition. Let's see that is 10:00 p.m. E.S.T., the time that Clyde Lewis was on XM-Satellite.  Did she specify the broadcast source?

She has said in the weeks leading up to this announcement that it's going to be internet only. Rollye WAS on satellite until a year a year or so ago and they chose to drop the show. I doubt she will surface there again.

Regardless, I'm glad she's back!

onan

Quote from: Meanandnasty on June 11, 2013, 11:48:33 AM
Did she specify the broadcast source?

Not that I can find. Maybe she is doing the Maron thing. I looked for info on syndication and found no pertinent hits.

HorrorRetro

I'm pretty sure it's going to be internet-based, a nightly podcast-type of show.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HorrorRetro on June 11, 2013, 12:14:39 PM
I'm pretty sure it's going to be internet-based, a nightly podcast-type of show.

her previous show was so caller driven that i have a difficult time believing this will succeed.  if she does get any callers, it will be from a rather small pool of people who likely will be heard repeatedly on her show.  if you want a nice range of callers flowing through your show, prepare for disappointment when hosting an internet only radio show.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: MV on June 12, 2013, 01:30:32 PM

her previous show was so caller driven that i have a difficult time believing this will succeed.  if she does get any callers, it will be from a rather small pool of people who likely will be heard repeatedly on her show.  if you want a nice range of callers flowing through your show, prepare for disappointment when hosting an internet only radio show.

It'll be interesting to see if she can get around that.  A lot of her callers were truckers, and I don't see them being able to listen in like they did when she was on satellite. 

b_dubb

Quote from: Unquenchable Angst on December 04, 2012, 12:01:01 AM
Watching the new Arrested Development episodes. And I'm fairly certain that somewhere there's a woman who's name really is Debris.

HorrorRetro

Rollye posted a link to listen to the show live:  www.rollyestream.net  It also has download info.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: b_dubb on June 12, 2013, 10:24:13 PM
Watching the new Arrested Development episodes. And I'm fairly certain that somewhere there's a woman who's name really is Debris.

what do you think about the new season?  i've only caught the first episode so far, and i was, frankly, disappointed in certain ways.  perhaps my thoughts will change as i finish the season, but i'm not alone in these questionable first impressions.  as a matter of fact, i saw a story about a drop in netflix shares resulting from the amount of lukewarm press the new season has generated.