• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

George Noory Sucks! - The Definitive Compendium

Started by MV/Liberace!, April 06, 2008, 01:23:02 AM

Can Noory pronounce anything correctly?

No
No

ManiacMatt

Quote from: Sardondi on February 08, 2012, 01:34:49 PM
I hadn't noticed this until folks started commenting on it here recently, but IMO you're definitely onto something. He really does have a fascination with details about death, terror and suffering, particularly the soul-crushing grief experienced by parents whose children are lost in fatal accidents or are victims of a pedophile, etc. He really can't seem to stop himself from asking inappropriate and uncomfortable details of horrific deaths

It really makes me wonder if beneath that I-love-everybody exterior beats the sadistic, murderous heart of a monster like the BTK killer.

I agree. I didn't really notice it either until I read several comments on this board, but this odd behavior is certainly there.  On 1-17-12, GN's guest was Whitley Strieber and they were discussing the usual doom and gloom earthquakes, calamity and what not when just as Whitley says something about expecting the best; GN quickly throws in "expect the worst" and laughs.  This is a small example, but I thought it was odd and a little creepy.  Have you ever had anyone give you a compliment, but it seemed insincere and you got a creepy, sleazy feeling from the person that just made you think they are being manipulative?  That's the vibe I get from listening to GN.

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Lovely Bones on February 08, 2012, 10:41:39 AMGeorgie wants more...to which Moody (obviously) replies, "I was unconscious at the time."
Beautiful comeback.  Don't you wish more people would give the frank responses appropriate to Noory's dumbass, insipid questions?
Quote from: Lovely Bones on February 08, 2012, 10:41:39 AM
Does Morbid Georgie even ONCE draw any nexus between Moody's suicide attempt and the afterlife? 
I don't know because I didn't listen, BUT-- I could answer that by listening to Moody's last appearance with Noory.  Same cue cards = same questions, no doubt.
Remember a cardinal NoorRule: there must be no development!  Everything must stay at the most basic Intro level.  Always act like it is your first "interview" with a guest.  To do otherwise might alienate new listeners.  Everything is for the new listeners, to whom the most basic utterance on these topics (requiring no work) is a fascinating revelation (producing praise for Noory).
Quote from: Gassy Man on February 08, 2012, 01:12:27 PM...the first hour of them doing nothing except talk about Moody's CV...
See?  More "establishing" for the new listeners, which by definition requires no input from Georgie.
Georgie doesn't like long-time listeners.  They remember stuff, which Georgie can't.  They have expectations.  They want Georgie to ask questions, which 1) he also can't remember, and 2) make Georgie uncomfortable, because:
A) non-pre-known answers beg for Georgie to deviate from the cue cards, and thus emphasize the fact that he can't deviate from script.
B) questions, to Georgie, equal "hostile interrogation," which give him flashbacks of childhood, which ain't pleasant, to say the least.

Questions, or any kind of conversational give-and-take, remind Georgie of school, where he could never answer, which made the other kids laugh, and remind him of home, and mwom in deyud eeyuskin about grades and stuff.  It reminds him of the rages ("yelling and screaming") deyud went into whenever he encountered any disagreement in the home.  Georgie learned to just shut up and give mute (or nearly so) assent to anything that's said.  Just let the other person drone on with the stories you've already heard 100 times; that's the way to keep lil' Jorchee safe ....
...It really makes me wonder if beneath that I-love-everybody exterior beats the sadistic, murderous heart of a monster like the BTK killer.
I don't know, but it looks like there's a mental-emotional wreck steering the corpse of "Coast."

fysisist

It really makes me wonder if beneath that I-love-everybody exterior beats the sadistic, murderous heart of a monster like the BTK killer.

Yeah but in this case, the B is for Bore...

Jasmine

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 08, 2012, 01:12:27 PM
I tried to listen to Moody -- who kept reminding us he had several doctorates, btw, and taught philosophy courses -- be he sounds too much like an unfunny Paul Lynde. He has the creepy persona of a southern crook preacher.  And I am very interested in NDEs.  I fell asleep after the first hour of them doing nothing except talk about Moody's CV, woke up an hour and a half later only to find they were still not talking about NDEs, and went back to sleep.  I was very disappointed with the whole program . . . moreso than usual.

I know what you mean, Gassy Man, I too was rather disappointed for the most part, but trust me, if you've ever heard Dr. Moody speak at seminars, which I had the good fortune to a couple of years ago, you'd be utterly amazed. He spent a solid three hours speaking of his and others research, his theories, etc., and never once alluded to his credentials. I didn't find him to be at all creepy in person - quite the opposite, in fact, and trust me, I'm a very discriminating, discerning woman of today.  ;)  I was surprised at the non-NDE talk, and yes, Moody came off in a negative light, sorry to say.

Unfunny Paul Lynde? LOL! Okay guys, I have to insert this here. This is a classic  episode of 'Bewitched', where Uncle Arthur (Paul Lynde) and cousin Serena (Liz Montgomery) have their powers taken away from them by the Witches Council, and resort to working a "mortal" job at a "Dairy Queen" type ice cream parlor. Oh yeah, Paul Lynde of all people, working with big chocolate covered bananas and nuts...LOL! Here's an excerpt from the episode:

BEWITCHED Classic Moment: "Samantha's Power Failure"

I've liked reading these two since their earliest works, so I tried to listen to Noory with Moody . . . I really tried. 

Noory raises the spectre of Moody's own suicide attempt when he was in his early 40's, gets him to recreate the events leading up to it in excruciating detail, but does that satisfy Morbid Georgie?  Nopey nope.  Georgie wants more, wants to know where Raymond was, who found him, what the circumstances were of the finding, and on and on and on, to which Moody (obviously) replies, "I was unconscious at the time."

George Noory is the most assholelic (Jazzie's word) morbid creep who I'm convinced has serious psychological issues and needs professional help...no...the man needs a lobotomy...or perhaps he's already had one and nobody informed him.

Now, Moody is on to talk about NDE's and life after death and all that good stuff. 

Uh huh. I find the whole realm to be riveting, intriguing and so thought-provoking. I'm seriously considering training as a past life/life between life regression therapist...yes, I proudly proclaim my total belief in the soul not only surviving physical death of the body, but living countless lives on the earthplane.

The trouble is, there are so many bullshit charlatans out there, who through their fraudulent and deceptive manner totally denigrate this captivating field, and who individually and collectively give it a tin foil hat to wear.

Does Morbid Georgie even ONCE draw any nexus between Moody's suicide attempt and the afterlife? 

Lovely Bones, come on now, you know that's too difficult a mind-set for Georgie Boy to achieve and sustain.  Any rational thought from George re the afterlife would be an afterthought, if at all.

valdez

George starts the show whining about the government's use of drones over the US.  Does he know we also have an air force?  With planes that actually fly around?  The shock will probably kill him.  Catherine Austin Fitts ain't too thrilled with Obama's new plan to do something about something or other.  These forbidden archeology shows with Micheal Cremo have hit a wall that George can not get past.  Same questions, same answers, same George talking about that nuclear war that occurred millions of years ago.  Egad.

yeah baby

b_dubb

Paul Lynde is a natural at "rolling it in the nuts"

Gassy Man

Quote from: Jasmine on February 08, 2012, 04:53:13 PM
I know what you mean, Gassy Man, I too was rather disappointed for the most part, but trust me, if you've ever heard Dr. Moody speak at seminars, which I had the good fortune to a couple of years ago, you'd be utterly amazed. He spent a solid three hours speaking of his and others research, his theories, etc., and never once alluded to his credentials. I didn't find him to be at all creepy in person - quite the opposite, in fact, and trust me, I'm a very discriminating, discerning woman of today.  ;)  I was surprised at the non-NDE talk, and yes, Moody came off in a negative light, sorry to say.
I've heard him before and wasn't exactly impressed then either, but I'll give him an other chance on a future program on your recommendation, Jasmine -- btw, there was a Scandanavian researcher interviewed a few years back that I liked much better.  He collected thousands of interviews from patients after they'd died on the operating table or whatever; what was interesting about his methodology is that he simply interviewed them with very general questions rather than more leading ones and then analyzed the answers to see if there were patterns in their answers.   He also told of an experience where a patient had brain surgery performed in an upright position, essentially in a state of unconsciousness and constantly tested to make certain she was not awake, but who later described various instruments and the procedure in ways that were impossible had she not been out of her body.  He was an extremely well spoken man who spent very little time talking about himself and more time talking about the actual study.  I wish I could remember his name! 

Wild Card Guy

Quote from: valdez on February 09, 2012, 05:45:32 AM
George starts the show whining about the government's use of drones over the US.  Does he know we also have an air force?  With planes that actually fly around?

But George was a Navy boy, and besides, George never looks up or around...only down.

Catherine Austin Fitts ain't too thrilled with Obama's new plan to do something about something or other.  These forbidden archeology shows with Micheal Cremo have hit a wall that George can not get past.  Same questions, same answers, same George talking about that nuclear war that occurred millions of years ago.  Egad.

Catherine Austin Texas Hissy Fitts needs a package of cough drops or a bottle of cough syrup, STAT. That perpetual scratching voice and dry vocal chords of hers are almost as annoying as Linda Moulton Howdy Doody. In regards to these repetitive guests and repetitive questions and discussions, Premiere could save a bundle if they simply re-broadcast old shows - the vast majority of the listeners wouldn't know the damn difference.

Quote from: Jasmine on February 08, 2012, 04:53:13 PM
Unfunny Paul Lynde? LOL! Okay guys, I have to insert this here. This is a classic  episode of 'Bewitched', where Uncle Arthur (Paul Lynde) and cousin Serena (Liz Montgomery) have their powers taken away from them by the Witches Council, and resort to working a "mortal" job at a "Dairy Queen" type ice cream parlor. Oh yeah, Paul Lynde of all people, working with big chocolate covered bananas and nuts...LOL!  

And...

Quote from: b_dubb on February 09, 2012, 07:03:26 AM
Paul Lynde is a natural at "rolling it in the nuts"

The two of you need to wash your potty minds out with soap! This is a family thread!  ;D Jasmine, I have to hand it to you; like many others who post here, you manage to place one foot outside the box yet keep the other one safely inside - providing very amusing segways - the results of which are quite enjoyable. Love Uncle Arthur and I totally dig Serena.

Quote from: ManiacMatt on February 08, 2012, 01:07:23 PM
While discussing the NDAA with journalist David Seaman, GN struggles to articulate his frustration with all you haters in internet land.

Struggling to articulate his frustration? Our Curious George? Naaah!

Ben Shockley

Quote from: valdez on February 09, 2012, 05:45:32 AM...These forbidden archeology shows with Micheal Cremo have hit a wall that George can not get past.  Same questions, same answers... Egad.
Oh, give Georgie some credit!  At least he's apparently learned that the "sand script texas" weren't really written on sand!
Of course, he still hasn't figured out why they're called "sand scripts," but he's cool and pro enough to play savvy ~~~

Quote from: Ben Shockley on February 09, 2012, 06:17:28 PM
Oh, give Georgie some credit!  At least he's apparently learned that the "sand script texas" weren't really written on sand!
Of course, he still hasn't figured out why they're called "sand scripts," but he's cool and pro enough to play savvy ~~~

Lol.  I wonder if these guests just dread being bored and having idiodic conversations with a nooron, or if some have come around to a point where they can look at them as sort of like a vacation day - a show they come on and not have to think too much.

Sardondi

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 09, 2012, 12:22:05 PM
-- btw, there was a Scandanavian researcher interviewed a few years back that I liked much better.  He collected thousands of interviews from patients after they'd died on the operating table or whatever; what was interesting about his methodology is that he simply interviewed them with very general questions rather than more leading ones and then analyzed the answers to see if there were patterns in their answers.   He also told of an experience where a patient had brain surgery performed in an upright position, essentially in a state of unconsciousness and constantly tested to make certain she was not awake, but who later described various instruments and the procedure in ways that were impossible had she not been out of her body.  He was an extremely well spoken man who spent very little time talking about himself and more time talking about the actual study.  I wish I could remember his name!

You may be talking about Rudolph Smit, a "real" scientist from the Netherlands who has overseen one of the most persuasive studies on NDEs. IIRC he is somehow especially identified with what is known as the "Dentures NDE", a particularly persuasive near death event. He is discussed in this post and several others at novelist Michael Prescott's blog: http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/2011/08/a-new-nde.html

Scully

... Catherine Austin Fitts ain't too thrilled with Obama's new plan to do something about something or other. ...

LOL, Valdez!

Imagine that ... some things just never change.  :)

George has just announced the brilliant idea that autism is caused by giving kids too much sugar…

Usagi

George is such a fucktard. 

So, I just happen to have the show on nearly by accident.  Anyways, it's a health-GMO-blah blah show.  The guest doesn't sound like that much of a quack, but that doesn't matter.  This is supposed to be George's specialty, right?  Health crap?  The guest mentions something about GMO's having an effect on stomach permeability, clearly with the intent on going into more detail.  Okay, fine, tell me more.  George basically just just goes, "Uggh," and moves on immediately to the next nearly unrelated question.  I swear to God he doesn't even listen to the people he has on air.  Ever.  He reads down a list of pre-written questions.  I know we know this, I know it's ranted about umpteen times in this thread, but it seriously SHOCKS me every time this actually happens.  How the fuck did he get this job again?

Oh, and yeah... what's with him constantly prefacing his brilliantly insightful points with "There's no question that..." only to  proceed to make some typically wildly speculative (or patently false) statement with no follow up?

Fuck George Noory.  Fuck Premiere.  Fuck all of them.

(Sorry.  I think this has to get out of my system every so often.  Good grief.)

I just love these George Noory Agricultural shows.  It is just as fun as listening to the daily crop and beef prices on the afternoon AG show.  :P

Quote from: Usagi on February 10, 2012, 12:36:54 AM
it's a health-GMO-blah blah show.  The guest doesn't sound like that much of a quack, but that doesn't matter.

The guest is actually pretty good.  He can back up his claims far better than most of George's health guests.  He did not support George's remark; basically ignored it.  As you say, George appears to not even listen to his guests.

George refuses to prepare or ask questions designed to get interesting or relevent information from the guest.  He is incapable of asking  even the most obvious follow up questons.

If the guest somehow manages to wiggle away and head toward an interesting topic, George quickly interupts and pulls them back.  George will allow a guest to spend several minutes on background, building towards an interesting point, and just as they are about to make it, another interruption - a cue card question, a commercial break, going to a caller, never to return. 

When is the last time George made a good point, or asked a good question?

valdez

Quote from: Usagi on February 10, 2012, 12:36:54 AM
...GMO-blah blah show...
Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on February 10, 2012, 12:42:16 AM
I just love these George Noory Agricultural shows...

Jeffery Smith again with the horrors of GMOs.  That's it.  George has pushed me over the edge.  I'm contributing to the GMO defense fund.  I love GMOs.  I ain't buying anything unless jam packed with GMOs.  And MSG.  Did Nephilim researcher Scotty Roberts (who sounded a lot like Joshua P. Warren) say that Adam and Eve and the Serpent were engaged in a threesome in the ol' garden of Eden?  Yeah, he did.

Jasmine

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on February 09, 2012, 12:26:27 PM
Catherine Austin Texas Hissy Fitts needs a package of cough drops or a bottle of cough syrup, STAT. That perpetual scratching voice and dry vocal chords of hers are almost as annoying as Linda Moulton Howdy Doody. In regards to these repetitive guests and repetitive questions and discussions, Premiere could save a bundle if they simply re-broadcast old shows - the vast majority of the listeners wouldn't know the damn difference.

Wow...exactly my thoughts re Fitts...every time I hear this broad I want to FedEx her a bottle of Buckley's cough syrup.

Quote from: Wild Card Guy on February 09, 2012, 12:26:27 PM
The two of you need to wash your potty minds out with soap! This is a family thread!  ;D

b_dubb started it! It was HIM! It's all his fault!  ;D And I'm rather proud of my potty mind, thank y'all very moocho.

Quote from: Gassy Man on February 09, 2012, 12:22:05 PM
btw, there was a Scandanavian researcher interviewed a few years back that I liked much better.  He collected thousands of interviews from patients after they'd died on the operating table or whatever; what was interesting about his methodology is that he simply interviewed them with very general questions rather than more leading ones and then analyzed the answers to see if there were patterns in their answers.   He also told of an experience where a patient had brain surgery performed in an upright position, essentially in a state of unconsciousness and constantly tested to make certain she was not awake, but who later described various instruments and the procedure in ways that were impossible had she not been out of her body.  He was an extremely well spoken man who spent very little time talking about himself and more time talking about the actual study.  I wish I could remember his name! 

Quote from: Sardondi on February 09, 2012, 07:55:17 PM
You may be talking about Rudolph Smit, a "real" scientist from the Netherlands who has overseen one of the most persuasive studies on NDEs. IIRC he is somehow especially identified with what is known as the "Dentures NDE", a particularly persuasive near death event. He is discussed in this post and several others at novelist Michael Prescott's blog: url=http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/2011/08/a-new-nde.html]http://michaelprescott.typepad.com/michael_prescotts_blog/2011/08/a-new-nde.html[/url]

Thanks, guys. I know of Smit, and admire his work and views. Good call, Sardondi.That said, there is indeed another gentleman who has researched NDE's - who is quite credible - and whose name escapes me for the moment. Gassy man, you now have me scratching my head trying to think of the other man's name...and it's going to drive me insane.

Quote from: valdez on February 10, 2012, 06:50:47 AM
  Jeffery Smith again with the horrors of GMOs.  That's it.  George has pushed me over the edge.  I'm contributing to the GMO defense fund.  I love GMOs.  I ain't buying anything unless jam packed with GMOs.  And MSG.  Did Nephilim researcher Scotty Roberts (who sounded a lot like Joshua P. Warren) say that Adam and Eve and the Serpent were engaged in a threesome in the ol' garden of Eden?  Yeah, he did.

Ah, the bible. Ya just gotta love it or loathe it. Hard to fathom how so many sheeple, centuries later, continue to ingest the literary works produced by the most chauvinistic, sexist, shit-disturbing men who walked the earth. What floors me is how so many women in the 21rst Century blindly adhere to organized religious ideologies and constricted dogma, considering the fact the worlds religious sects look upon us as being second or third class citizens - totally submissive to the whims of men.  I tell ya, it's enough to drive any rational dame to drink.  Mind you, I did enjoy perusing the pages of  'Hollywood Wives' by Jackie Collins...now that one was a page turner.

Quote from: SomeVelvetMorning on February 10, 2012, 12:42:16 AM
I just love these George Noory Agricultural shows.  It is just as fun as listening to the daily crop and beef prices on the afternoon AG show.  :P

Well...George Noory and agriculture go hand-in-hand...cow manure being the common denominator...or, in Georgie's case...the common DEMONinator.

I always get GMO and GOP mixed up.

Meh...the Garden of Eden threesome thing is nothin' new...saw the same sordid thing myself at an all-inclusive resort down in Jamaica.

stevesh

Quote from: Jasmine on February 10, 2012, 09:37:12 AM
another gentleman who has researched NDE's - who is quite credible - and whose name escapes me for the moment.

P.M.H Atwater is pretty good on NDE's, but she isn't one of us chauvinistic, sexist, shit-disturbing men.

stevesh

Did Nephilim researcher Scotty Roberts (who sounded a lot like Joshua P. Warren) say that Adam and Eve and the Serpent were engaged in a threesome in the ol' garden of Eden?  Yeah, he did.

Your girl is a virgin and you're taking sloppy seconds after Satan. Worst threesome ever.

BobGrau

Quote from: stevesh on February 10, 2012, 01:13:39 PM
Your girl is a virgin and you're taking sloppy seconds after Satan. Worst threesome ever.

plus God is watching.  :o

Jasmine

Quote from: stevesh on February 10, 2012, 01:04:52 PM
P.M.H Atwater is pretty good on NDE's, but she isn't one of us chauvinistic, sexist, shit-disturbing men.

How utterly, utterly reassuring, stevesh.  ;) I forgot about PMS Atwater there but for a moment...in time.

Signed,
Gloria Steinem

msauve

So glad I found this message board.  I continue to listen to the show because it's the only of its kind to have the high-caliber of guests that C2C can draw.  But George's arrogance/stupidity is infuriating.  Basically any of the weekend hosts would be better, particularly Knapp.  Knapp v. Noory is like night and day. 

b_dubb

I have a potty mouth. I admit it. If you think my mouth is bad though you should see my mind. It is filthy!

Scully

Quote from: msauve on February 10, 2012, 05:21:53 PM
... George's arrogance/stupidity is infuriating.  Basically any of the weekend hosts would be better, particularly Knapp.  Knapp v. Noory is like night and day.

Welcome, msauve.  You've come to the right place.  Anyone who can encapsulate the worst part of listening to Simple George as succinctly as you just did in your first post is a friend of humankind.

Thanks for summing it all up!  :)

Quote from: msauve on February 10, 2012, 05:21:53 PM
... it's the only of its kind to have the high-caliber of guests that C2C can draw...

Less and less good guests seem willing to come on with George Noory, it's down to maybe a few a month.  And George manages to derail them to the point where not much of interest gets through..

Sardondi

Quote from: valdez on February 10, 2012, 06:50:47 AM... Did Nephilim researcher Scotty Roberts (who sounded a lot like Joshua P. Warren) say that Adam and Eve and the Serpent were engaged in a threesome in the ol' garden of Eden?  Yeah, he did.

Quote from: stevesh on February 10, 2012, 01:13:39 PM

Damn. Talk about ruining the dream. Not only is the third not a girl, it's the Prince of fucking Darkness. And he's this huge, beautiful angel. Great. The only way it could be any worse is if in the middle of things it becomes apparent that your girlfriend was lying when she said size didn't matter to her...

Morgus

Noory is probably cutting out early for the last half hour of tonight's c2c show since he has to go to a Los Angeles event, the conscious life expo tomorrow along with several regular c2c guests like those on the ancient aliens tv show.
He mentioned kind of a 'secret door' so he probably means a replay of part of a past secret guest appearance...

Ben Shockley

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 10, 2012, 06:47:02 PMLess and less good guests seem willing to come on with George Noory, it's down to maybe a few a month...
Yes, and didn't we notice that within just the last week, I believe 2 scheduled guests were announced as "will be rescheduled?"  Uh, Jorchee, don't ya always say "there are no coincidences?"

Quote from: Morgus on February 11, 2012, 03:31:16 AM
Noory is probably cutting out early for the last half hour of tonight's c2c show since he has to go to a Los Angeles event...
Since I never listen to Noory if I can possibly help it: What? is he in St. Louis??  If he's in Ellay (see, that's how the hip media folks say "Los Angeles"), then how the f*** does 1/2 hour more or less help him do a better or worse personal appearance...?
Noory uses any excuse or no excuse to take off any time.  Mr. "Refuses Contractual Off Days."  Sure he refuses and makes a big show of it.   He makes up by taking multi hours off, and sleep-walking through the rest of his contract.