• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Midnight In The Desert

Started by Falkie2013, December 12, 2015, 01:13:40 AM

NICKtheRAT

i get a lot of walk outs in my romantic life :P

Jackstar

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 30, 2018, 12:06:24 PM
she had wiped Bellgab from any narrative of how she had met Art [...] Why would anyone need two variants of a very innocent tale almost 20 years ago (at the time of her posting)?

[attachment=1]

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 30, 2018, 12:06:24 PM
It would take Columbo to sort this all out. At this point, why should I care?

NICKtheRAT

nope, those were all real feels. <3

Dyna-X

Quote from: K_Dubb on May 30, 2018, 12:58:30 PM
:( :( :(  :'(
:'(
That final bit of strength and lucidity and returning to a "touchstone" from life is fairly common. He would have remembered that cigarette in the drawer and probably used that as a motivator or reward to make it to the studio. The thumb or fingerprint is obvious - it was probably in the pre-dawn twilight and he was reaching his hands around in the drawer when it was fairly dark, rather than a simple pick up with two fingers.

BellnWhistle might have some insights on this from the hospice patients.

Remember when he went off the air he posted a picture of a sunset twilight? Talked of footsteps behind him regarding his age? He knew it was over, that he didn't have long.

The studio, a desert sunrise, a final sweeping view of the compound, his empire, before crawling back to bed.
All is well. Wow! What a Ride it been!

NICKtheRAT

The booze keeps me professional  8)

Juan

Quote from: Ghost Nutter on May 30, 2018, 12:51:17 PM
This has gone from sad news..to endless drama,  now it's like some sort of dark comedy
Of course it’s dark comedy, it’s bellgab.

NICKtheRAT

best way to listen is live and intoxicated ... its the only way i can listen!

NICKtheRAT

I hope i didnt hang up on you :D  :-*

timebandit

Quote from: Nobody on May 30, 2018, 01:23:55 PM
Speaking of which: Am I the only one who heard Heater offer her fans a photo op with her at the (alleged) upcoming event?
she said the same thing pre Art's passing.

Nobody

Quote from: NICKtheRAT on May 30, 2018, 01:37:46 PM
best way to listen is live and intoxicated ... its the only way i can listen!

Hang on: Were you the chap who called in twice last night?  :)

SredniVashtar

Quote from: brig on May 30, 2018, 10:32:29 AM
Would you consider starting your own MITD show K_Dubb?

I think that's a splendid idea. Our resident Sappho could do an entire show in terza rima.

Pizzapunch

Quote from: Nobody on May 30, 2018, 01:23:55 PM
Speaking of which: Am I the only one who heard Heater offer her fans a photo op with her at the (alleged) upcoming event?

I, for one, am looking forward to seeing a picture of Paul embracing his "princess of the night" (his words, not mine) while Ella looks on approvingly.

(Or perhaps not so approvingly.)
Do you think Paul and Ella have a joint facebook account due to marriage infidelities? 

Quote from: Pizzapunch on May 30, 2018, 01:49:45 PM
Do you think Paul and Ella have a joint facebook account due to marriage infidelities?

Paul confirmed as a poon hound.

Dyna-X

Quote from: albrecht on May 30, 2018, 12:11:49 PM
Because it is the simple satisfaction of a job well done and completed. Also a bit of exercise and pride when your yard looks good. Sure they are arguments about opportunity costs etc but I liked mowing the lawn, chopping down trees, etc. And it is when I listen to Norry. Because the sounds of engines or power tools go well the ambient mumblings of Norry and if you miss some of the the crazy guests or mumbling host says it is no big deal. You didn't miss much. I have a neighbor in his late 40's who likes to "wake and bake" and mow, edge, blow off deck, clean the pool, etc. It is his "alone time" and time he can smoke up away from family. He is the only person I know where weed makes him more active. A mowing fool.  Will do the greenbelt, clean out the woods, besides his house yard, deck, and pool.
LOL, Someone said I keep my yard looking like the landscaping at IBM because I have Stockholm Syndrome. Jackstar would agree, most likely. I just find it theraputic.

albrecht

Quote from: Dyna-X on May 30, 2018, 01:54:29 PM
LOL, Someone said I keep my yard looking like the landscaping at IBM because I have Stockholm Syndrome. Jackstar would agree, most likely. I just find it theraputic.
You need to run your sprinkler system during rain storms or during the hottest part of the day in summer to properly get the IBM, or other office-complex, landscaping realism!

nbirnes

Quote from: albrecht on May 30, 2018, 01:31:00 PM
Sounds like a nice place. Here is that thread. Or at least one of the threads. Not much action in it recently.
http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=7940.0

That's the one! Nothing dies in BellGab. I've posted my current cutting field -- one small section of it.

popple

They're both trying to have an affair with Heather.

BettyO417

Quote from: DynamoHum on May 30, 2018, 04:45:12 AM
So Heater Wad is going to turn her show into “Art Bell Story Hour” where she tells some random story about Art and cries a bit?

I left the Sonos on LNM last night and fell asleep half way through Evil MV slurring on about subscriptions and woke when my subconscious brain couldn’t deal with perky pup Warren and Wad’s voice any longer. She was halfway through some extremely homogenised version of how she was chosen (maybe we should start calling her M’uaDib) and Warren was slapping her ego with his flaccid cock.

I suppose she can rinse and repeat these tales ad infinitum due to the advanced age and medication status of her audience.

I do believe I saw warren on his way to the interview ;)

Nobody

Quote from: timebandit on May 30, 2018, 01:45:40 PM
she said the same thing pre Art's passing.

Ah, did she?  Well, I'll believe it when it comes to pass, not before. 

No offence, but after seeing that "just treat each other kindly" screenshot* (a remark that stands in sharp contrast to her actual behaviour), I'm not inclined to take her word for much of anything.

*Can someone kindly re-post this?  It truly must be seen to be believed.

teknoslag

Quote from: chefist on April 20, 2018, 08:27:36 PM
Bwahahaha...we have something like that in the Tucson area...Vampire LARP... ;D

http://burningnights.tripod.com/

Duke Kenyon

Sheriff Constantine

I regret moving here even more, now.

Quote from: teknoslag on May 30, 2018, 02:29:42 PM
I regret moving here even more, now.

ahhh, never underestimate the vampeir....

Metron2267

Plus it's still largely content-free... :(

Nobody

After seeing that creepy-as-hell "princess of the night" post from Paul, when it comes to their domestic arrangements, I Don't Want to Know.

Chad Jacobs

Quote from: brig on May 30, 2018, 10:48:41 AM
FIFY
Does this mean that she has always had Art's "sacred" mike (which I feel is destined to be in the radio broadcasting hall of fame) perhaps just by the entrance to Rush's EOB branch? For whatever reason (perhaps the placebo effect, but it seemed pronounced) she was significantly more clear after she announced the move in terms of audio fidelity.  Also, if she did move before she announced (and thus was prevaricating) isn't it possible that she did so for security/privacy reasons (both for herself, Art, and his family?).  I tend to believe that if they (Heather and Art) were having some sort of illicit, ongoing relationship that being so close to Art's wife and family would have made Heather so uncomfortable that she psychologically would not have been able to live there (and continue doing so) without tremendous anxiety (not saying that it is impossible, just unlikely). Also, Heather talked about Art's kids helping with her cats. Again, I believe that if their relationship was not appropriate that Art's wife would at a minimum have put the kibosh on such interactions.  Obviously, Heather isn't perfect and neither was Art (personally, from a broadcasting standpoint he was Michael Jordan) but I have a great appreciation of what they have endeavored to bring to the venue.