• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Not surprised

Started by Booner, November 04, 2013, 07:49:49 PM

Booner

Well, I am highly disappointed in Art for bailing out, again. 

He could have started a podcast like Dr. Laura does, you pay her seven bucks a month and get all her old shows to download and listen to whenever you want.  (She has a sirius show, too). 

I give up on the old Fart. 

williedee

Quote from: Booner on November 04, 2013, 07:49:49 PM
Well, I am highly disappointed in Art for bailing out, again. 

He could have started a podcast like Dr. Laura does, you pay her seven bucks a month and get all her old shows to download and listen to whenever you want.  (She has a sirius show, too). 

I give up on the old Fart.

i honestly thought that would be the way he made his comeback. this is embarrassing.

Scruff

He is an old fart.  He is just an old guy who wants to grumble and blame the world for his problems while he sits on a pile of money.  He will now fade into obscurity.  Sad - when so many people wanted the best for the man.

Quote from: Scruff on November 04, 2013, 08:39:49 PM
He is an old fart.  He is just an old guy who wants to grumble and blame the world for his problems while he sits on a pile of money.  He will now fade into obscurity.  Sad - when so many people wanted the best for the man.

Art is sadly a man with missing parts.  The complete and I mean complete lack of integrity this person has shown time and time again is beyond the pale.  Without a doubt this guy is a classic narcissist.  I have spent too much cash and emotion on this fucker and I have had enough.  I stupidly bought a top of the line radio and prepaid a fucking year for his show and he bails weeks into it.

SpooksKFC

This is BS!!!!!!! Over some stupid app errors?  How many listen on their phone?   The Sirius player worked fine on my PC.

kewl-dave

this is all truly unbelievably disappointing bullshit from art

ugh

deleting the fb page was the final straw for me: WHATEVER his reasons for quitting, removing the page he used to ANNOUNCE AND TEASE HIS COMEBACK is a low low move...as a gesture it leads me to question how sincere ANY of the moves he made leading up to his 'return' were...

he doesnt wanna face the music and im not buying his statement about leaving

wow

Mr. Hanky

Look at the bright side. We still have Noory to listen to along with a few decent c2c guests they have. He may not be Art Bell, but at least Norry isn't a quitter.

georgesucks

Quote from: Mr. Hanky on November 05, 2013, 02:35:59 AM
Look at the bright side. We still have Noory to listen to along with a few decent c2c guests they have. He may not be Art Bell, but at least Norry isn't a quitter.
Your right Noory is not a quitter unlike Art the mighty quitter. You SUCKArt.

Mr. Hanky

Quote from: georgesucks on November 05, 2013, 02:39:25 AM

Agreed. Here's my simple last thought about Art Bell. He a good interviewer on the radio and has a voice for radio, no doubt; but off the air, he's probably a typical scumbag. I think that's what it boils down to.

DanTSX

Quote from: georgesucks on November 05, 2013, 02:39:25 AM

No.   Noory is just a retard that laid the golden egg.

CornyCrow

If Stern and others have been complaining about Sirius service all along, Art should have known these things before signing his contract.   It almost would appear that he was planning something like this all along, but I can't figure how he thought that would work.  It was stupid of him to sign for $75k and a share of profits when he knew that 'profits' would not be that much.  What did the profit figure consist of, anyway? 

So Art should have known of these issues before going in, and Sirius should be ashamed at selling such shoddy service at such a high price.

Like some others here, I purchased my Sirius home radio specifically for Art's show.  Now I am a victim of his lack of research?   

No, I will not listen to Noory.   I cannot stomach that man.   Art knows how to interview.  Noory just sleeps through his shows and collects his paycheck. 

swler007

Quote from: CornyCrow on November 05, 2013, 09:33:42 AM
If Stern and others have been complaining about Sirius service all along, Art should have known these things before signing his contract.   It almost would appear that he was planning something like this all along, but I can't figure how he thought that would work.  It was stupid of him to sign for $75k and a share of profits when he knew that 'profits' would not be that much.  What did the profit figure consist of, anyway? 

So Art should have known of these issues before going in, and Sirius should be ashamed at selling such shoddy service at such a high price.

Like some others here, I purchased my Sirius home radio specifically for Art's show.  Now I am a victim of his lack of research?   

No, I will not listen to Noory.   I cannot stomach that man.   Art knows how to interview.  Noory just sleeps through his shows and collects his paycheck.

I can always envision him with a sleepy and bored expression on his face watching the countdown clock interjecting every once in awhile.

Honestly to be fair it's pretty hard to do a proper interview and debate with guests that Noory himself knows are totally full of crap. There were two Dark Matter interviews that Art ended early for this very reason.

drkmater

I love Art, but I can't help but think, as others believe, that he just wanted an out. I remember when it was first announced, he was coming back. The first thing I thought, was how long can a guy pushing near 70, keep it going? Well, it would seem, we have an answer.

Foodlion

You guys are like 15th century peasants with pitchforks, and torches out to get blood.

I believe Coast2coastam forums is where they are already doing so. Maybe you can go there and ride the short mob bus with Noory.

Just realize that Art chose not to take over C2C because like 15 people would be out of a job. Art Still can take his old spot back if he wanted, but would you guys be happy? I'd rather Art bring a show back on his own conditions, else it wouldn't fully be his.

I'm sure Art has something up his sleeve, as he usually does. Let's just wait and see what it is, before we start digging the hole.

swler007

Getting rid of talk 246 was one thing but Art canceling was the final nail in the coffin for my Sirius subscription.

b_dubb

Art quit because he didn't have many callers. You can't do a good show without lots and lots of callers. How many times did you hear the same callers? The app errors were just added grief.

Still quitting like that is pretty low class. He didn't really give it a chance.

Quote from: Foodlion on November 05, 2013, 10:38:55 AM
I'm sure Art has something up his sleeve, as he usually does.
Unfortunately, it is just another resignation letter.  He orders them by the gross.

DanTSX

Quote from: b_dubb on November 05, 2013, 10:53:16 AM
Art quit because he didn't have many callers. You can't do a good show without lots and lots of callers. How many times did you hear the same callers? The app errors were just added grief.

Still quitting like that is pretty low class. He didn't really give it a chance.

I did think that bellgab was a little over represented.  Cringed a little when I heard that's 4thor 5th bellgab reference in a row.  But then again, Art directed his fans there.  Did he not?

He also needed to build up an audience.  Prime time for SiriusXM is rush hours, followed by daytime with people at work using sat radios because of corporate limits and rules on streaming due to bandwidth issues.

Replays, streaming all limit your call ins.  Casual listeners are never sure exactly when the show is live, and podcasts will limit him to rabid fans only.  Few new listeners will join a podcast, let alone call in at the prescribed time.

He needs to stay with SiriusXM, and he needs to work to develop an audience.

And Art, truckers always used cell phones to call you.  Don't act like this is a new problem.  Holy shit dude, we are not dumbfuck noory listeners that fall for that excuse.  Cell technology is getting better, and as we say first hand, skype is blowing the doors off of POTS (landlines for the uninitiated) in terms of call quality.

Get back on the microphone and all will be forgiven.

Eddie Coyle

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 05, 2013, 10:56:34 AM
Unfortunately, it is just another resignation letter.  He orders them by the gross.

He's borrowed Don Rumsfeld's letter of condolence autopen. Formerly belonging to Pete Rose at baseball card conventions.

swler007

Quote from: DanTSX on November 05, 2013, 11:06:10 AM
I did think that bellgab was a little over represented.  Cringed a little when I heard that's 4thor 5th bellgab reference in a row.  But then again, Art directed his fans there.  Did he not?

He also needed to build up an audience.  Prime time for SiriusXM is rush hours, followed by daytime with people at work using sat radios because of corporate limits and rules on streaming due to bandwidth issues.

Replays, streaming all limit your call ins.  Casual listeners are never sure exactly when the show is live, and podcasts will limit him to rabid fans only.  Few new listeners will join a podcast, let alone call in at the prescribed time.

He needs to stay with SiriusXM, and he needs to work to develop an audience.

And Art, truckers always used cell phones to call you.  Don't act like this is a new problem.  Holy shit dude, we are not dumbfuck noory listeners that fall for that excuse.  Cell technology is getting better, and as we say first hand, skype is blowing the doors off of POTS (landlines for the uninitiated) in terms of call quality.

Get back on the microphone and all will be forgiven.

Or just go back on terrestrial which has a even larger listener base with millions listening on AM radio and thru apps like iheart.

DanTSX

Quote from: swler007 on November 05, 2013, 11:10:13 AM
Or just go back on terrestrial which has a even larger listener base with millions listening on AM radio and thru apps like iheart.
nobody is going to carry him after this move.  Not unless he already has some big card in his pocket.

SpooksKFC

Quote from: b_dubb on November 05, 2013, 10:53:16 AM

That's another load of BS, I tried all during open lines to get through and 1 out of 20 calls it was busy.

Stan_Holeman

I don't know about the phone lines...we did hear repeat callers, which was very rare on the old show. I have the impression that his lines weren't full, but I'm just guessing.

toastycoasty

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on November 05, 2013, 10:56:34 AM

YES. this. 'he has something up his sleeve' - yeah, maybe when he was teasing things out on his Facebook BEFORE he had a show. The only thing up his sleeve is a handkerchief and some dollar bills.

Booner

Art Bell is like Lindsey Lohan.   Talented, Amazing, Entertaining, but unreliable.  If he put his fans first, he would't have just bailed.  When I heard what he said at the end of Spooky Matter, I had a gut feeling something was coming down the pike.

When I called to cancel my Sirius subscription, they offered me a free radio to stay.  I said no.  I did want to support Art, which is why I said no, that new radio was TEMPTing.

The person who diagnosed him as narcissistic is spot on - and I'm a mental health professional!

Art, JUST get your ass on the computer and start talking again. 

EarthAlien007

Quote from: Booner on November 06, 2013, 08:32:52 PM
Art Bell is like Lindsey Lohan.   Talented, Amazing, Entertaining, but unreliable.  If he put his fans first, he would't have just bailed.  When I heard what he said at the end of Spooky Matter, I had a gut feeling something was coming down the pike.

When I called to cancel my Sirius subscription, they offered me a free radio to stay.  I said no.  I did want to support Art, which is why I said no, that new radio was TEMPTing.

The person who diagnosed him as narcissistic is spot on - and I'm a mental health professional!

Art, JUST get your ass on the computer and start talking again.

Give it a rest.

onan

Quote from: Booner on November 06, 2013, 08:32:52 PM

That you state you are a mental health professional and also mention Dr Laura scares the hell out of me.

Booner

Quote from: onan on November 07, 2013, 09:44:27 AM
That you state you are a mental health professional and also mention Dr Laura scares the hell out of me.

I listen to her because she is highly entertaining, not to learn how to do my job.  This is the meanest forum I've ever seen!

onan

Quote from: Booner on November 07, 2013, 04:51:35 PM

I listen to her because she is highly entertaining, not to learn how to do my job.  This is the meanest forum I've ever seen!

Really, you don't get out much do you?

aldousburbank

Quote from: Booner on November 07, 2013, 04:51:35 PM

Why, thank you Miss. (Tip of helmet.)