• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art, Design, Photography

Started by coaster, June 23, 2012, 08:07:07 PM

Chine

Quote from: Evil Twin Of Zen on October 03, 2014, 09:18:15 PM
i really don't know much about the threads subject, but isn't the doggy suppose to be inside the snow-globe thingie?  ;D

Hana. No, didn't matter if he was in there. I didn't even know it was a globe until after I made the logo and she just wanted the tower and he had to stand out. I sometimes get interesting requests. One guy in Norway wanted his dog with a golden ring and dragon.

As I was typing this my dog knocked over my root beer!

The thread is for any sharing of art, photography, etc.  Some from Bellgabbers or just what we wish to share.

VtaGeezer

Quote from: Seraphim27 on February 23, 2014, 01:32:35 PM
Speaking of wood carving, any of you know what kind of wood this is? This is my next eBay offering.
The front looks like mahogany veneer on a pine back. 

Quote from: Chine on October 03, 2014, 09:29:22 PM
Hana. No, didn't matter if he was in there. I didn't even know it was a globe until after I made the logo and she just wanted the tower and he had to stand out. I sometimes get interesting requests. One guy in Norway wanted his dog with a golden ring and dragon.

As I was typing this my dog knocked over my root beer!

The thread is for any sharing of art, photography, etc.  Some from Bellgabbers or just what we wish to share.
ah!
if i were to describe my week by saying it was like a snow-globe containing a wind chime made of flat glass.
one perspective might see it as negative. without the chimes occasion of function. one could perceive the container as a barrier to it's inner music. music different, yet perfect to each who imagine it's sound.
would that be art?

ok. ok. here are a couple of photos.

http://imgur.com/m0kwfCE
http://imgur.com/gczzlT2

VtaGeezer

Quote from: HorrorRetro on September 13, 2014, 10:32:50 AM
I went out for some nighttime photos last night. I'm still learning how to do night photography, so I'm not entirely happy with how they turned out, but they're okay for a start.

http://ginagothejackson.smugmug.com/City-Scenes/i-XxsrpMP/A

http://ginagothejackson.smugmug.com/City-Scenes/i-TFCCTMK/A

http://ginagothejackson.smugmug.com/City-Scenes/i-9RHVx6n/A
Nice work.  Nostalgia I lived in Gig Harbor in the 70s.  Is the Cloverleaf still there?

HorrorRetro

Quote from: VtaGeezer on October 03, 2014, 11:56:36 PM
Nice work.  Nostalgia I lived in Gig Harbor in the 70s.  Is the Cloverleaf still there?

Cloverleaf Pizza/Tavern? If so, yes, it is. I've never been there, but we spend quite a bit of time in the 6th Ave. area on the weekends.

Is anyone working on anything new art wise? I've taken a few shots mostly in downtown Tacoma. I'm working on getting more comfortable with street photography. I allowed my husband to take a few shots of me. I rarely get my photo taken as I'm always behind the camera. Not bad for a 45-year-old grammy lol. I'm heading over to the coast for a weekend of camping, so hopefully I'll get some good fall shots.

http://ginagothejackson.smugmug.com/

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 08, 2014, 05:20:28 PM
Cloverleaf Pizza/Tavern? If so, yes, it is. I've never been there, but we spend quite a bit of time in the 6th Ave. area on the weekends.

Is anyone working on anything new art wise? I've taken a few shots mostly in downtown Tacoma. I'm working on getting more comfortable with street photography. I allowed my husband to take a few shots of me. I rarely get my photo taken as I'm always behind the camera. Not bad for a 45-year-old grammy lol. I'm heading over to the coast for a weekend of camping, so hopefully I'll get some good fall shots.

Great photography! I keep meaning to tell you how much I enjoy your pictures, the point of view you express and the magnificent scenery of Washington. But these new ones take me someplace else. The derelict buildings are haunting. Makes me wonder what they were before and why they are abandoned and desolate. It all can be summed up with the wonderful sprayed on "God has left the building." You're pretty brave going into these areas, has to be a little dangerous walking around.

And if I hadn't seen photos of your adorable granddaughter, I'd say no way are you a gran! Nice the see the person behind the camera.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on October 08, 2014, 09:59:20 PM
Great photography! I keep meaning to tell you how much I enjoy your pictures, the point of view you express and the magnificent scenery of Washington. But these new ones take me someplace else. The derelict buildings are haunting. Makes me wonder what they were before and why they are abandoned and desolate. It all can be summed up with the wonderful sprayed on "God has left the building." You're pretty brave going into these areas, has to be a little dangerous walking around.

And if I hadn't seen photos of your adorable granddaughter, I'd say no way are you a gran! Nice the see the person behind the camera.

Thanks! The abandoned buildings are an old Nike missile launch site that was decommissioned back in 1974. After that, it was used as a school for wayward children or something like that. That's why there are still some desks around there.  I'm usually not afraid going into buildings like this. I get a really calm feeling and just soak up the atmosphere and try to capture it in the photos. I generally have my husband with me but, for this site, I initially went in alone . After I took my first set of shots and explored a bit, I had him and the friend we brought along come in and check it out for themselves.

Yes, being a grammy has been a great experience. I'll be 46 next month.  :o  Some days I feel 20, and other times I feel 60, so I guess it averages out.  :D

HorrorRetro

I spent the weekend on the coast. Little towns along the coast are shutting down for the winter, but the weather was awesome. Stocked up on salt water taffy too. I got a few decent shots, I think.

http://ginagothejackson.smugmug.com/Seascapes/

coaster

The lastest one I've been working on-

HorrorRetro

Quote from: coaster on October 22, 2014, 08:37:58 PM

Coaster, that's really excellent, thought-provoking work!

That is a captivating, exquisitely detailed image!  Very nice!  How did you do it?

eddie dean

great as usual coaster!
I can imagine the number of hours you put into this.  holy carpal tunnel syndrome!
I'm curious about the type of input device you use.
mouse, trackball or digitizer style pen with a drawing tablet.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 16, 2014, 12:20:48 PM
I spent the weekend on the coast. Little towns along the coast are shutting down for the winter, but the weather was awesome. Stocked up on salt water taffy too. I got a few decent shots, I think.

Those are beautiful! I really like the dog jumping for the stick, and the pelicans flying across that great cloud formation with the sun behind it! 

HorrorRetro

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on October 22, 2014, 11:09:27 PM
Those are beautiful! I really like the dog jumping for the stick, and the pelicans flying across that great cloud formation with the sun behind it!

Thanks! I just happened to be in the right place when I saw that cloud formation moving over the sun. I had already been shooting it, and then the little door in the cloud opened up and the sun ray came though. It was pretty cool to watch it all happen.

Quote from: HorrorRetro on October 23, 2014, 12:08:16 PM
Thanks! I just happened to be in the right place when I saw that cloud formation moving over the sun. I had already been shooting it, and then the little door in the cloud opened up and the sun ray came though. It was pretty cool to watch it all happen.

A lot of great photography is all about timing.  Nice one!

No, this isn't a photograph from my germ warfare lab.  I used the mouse and a paint program.

I'm reminded of Isabella Rossellinni in Blue Velvet when she said "put your disease in me."

This one's for you, Izzy!  You creepy lovable bitch!

Gemstone

Gemstone

Another illustration I drew called "Esperanza".

coaster

Quote from: aldousburbank on November 04, 2014, 08:15:18 AM
Self Portrait
[attachimg=1]
Have you ever heard of Alex Gray? I imagine you have, but if you haven't, you should definitely check him out. I think you would really like his work.
edit-I just noticed the comments up there on mine. Sorry guys, I didnt see them before. Its mixed media. 3d and digital painting and I used a tablet.

b_dubb

You're very talented Gemstone!

Quote from: coaster on November 09, 2014, 09:07:00 PM
Have you ever heard of Alex Grey? I imagine you have, but if you haven't, you should definitely check him out. I think you would really like his work.
edit-I just noticed the comments up there on mine. Sorry guys, I didnt see them before. Its mixed media. 3d and digital painting and I used a tablet.

With the death of H.R. Giger, one of my dream artists to someday execute amazing Iron Maiden album cover art was dashed asunder.  But I can still hold on to the unlikely possibility that Alex Grey will illuminate a gnostic Edward T. Head.

pyewacket

So many talented people here!!! I wish I could find my old portfolio of my pencil drawings, but I'm afraid they're as good as gone.

I feel a little dorky sharing my current art medium- sugar paste/fondant. This is one of the dummy cakes I made when I was learning how to make hydrangeas.

HorrorRetro

Quote from: pyewacket on November 18, 2014, 09:35:26 PM
So many talented people here!!! I wish I could find my old portfolio of my pencil drawings, but I'm afraid they're as good as gone.

I feel a little dorky sharing my current art medium- sugar paste/fondant. This is one of the dummy cakes I made when I was learning how to make hydrangeas.

Very nice! I once bought a big Wilton cake decorating kit, but I never got into it for some reason. I'm jealous of those who can do cakes like yours.  :) 

I've been busy with a visit from my family. We went to the rain forest last weekend, and I got this shot.

http://ginagothejackson.smugmug.com/Pacific-Northwest-Nature/i-9Q8qmqr