• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

No Quarter

Quote from: Mastodonkey on July 02, 2015, 02:03:11 PM
Laird Scranton would be an amazing guest for Art. Just listened to Scranton and John Anthony West on Where Did The Road Go?

Speaking of John Anthony West, one of his comrades in redating the Sphinx and Giza Plateau, Robert Bauval, got involved in a big dust-up with Zahi Hawass, who called Bauval a thief (among other things).

I would love to hear Art interview Bauval not only on that controversy, but any more recent archaeological developments on the Giza plateau, including whether or not anyone else has sent any robots/probes into the shafts of the Great Pyramid, and if anyone has been looking into the chambers that sonar readings found beneath the Sphinx

coaster

Jackstar is just posting pictures of random people? That's pretty weird.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: No Quarter on July 02, 2015, 02:29:44 PM
Speaking of John Anthony West, one of his comrades in redating the Sphinx and Giza Plateau, Robert Bauval, got involved in a big dust-up with Zahi Hawass, who called Bauval a thief (among other things).

I would love to hear Art interview Bauval not only on that controversy, but any more recent archaeological developments on the Giza plateau, including whether or not anyone else has sent any robots/probes into the shafts of the Great Pyramid, and if anyone has been looking into the chambers that sonar readings found beneath the Sphinx

That would be good, especially in light of Zahi Hawass' spectacular fall from power and subsequent arrest and drama.

coaster

Quote from: No Quarter on July 02, 2015, 02:29:44 PM

Have you seen the recent exchange between Hawass and Graham Hancock? Evidently, they were going to have a debate of sorts, until Hawass saw some slides of Graham's presentation. One slide was of Robert Bauval. Hawass went on a tantrum like a child after seeing it. Hawass is in one word, a butthead.

The General

Quote from: coaster on July 02, 2015, 02:33:19 PM
Jackstar is just posting pictures of random people? That's pretty weird.
For any other member, yes, it would be odd.
It's par for Jack.  Not Jack Parr, mind you, but par for Jack.
Only he knows the meaning of most of his posts.

onan

Quote from: The General on July 02, 2015, 02:37:54 PM

Only he knows the meaning of most of his posts.

That may be a stretch.

chefist

Quote from: coaster on July 02, 2015, 02:35:36 PM
Have you seen the recent exchange between Hawass and Graham Hancock? Evidently, they were going to have a debate of sorts, until Hawass saw some slides of Graham's presentation. One slide was of Robert Bauval. Hawass went on a tantrum like a child after seeing it. Hawass is in one word, a butthead.
I saw that on YouTube...

The General

Quote from: onan on July 02, 2015, 02:39:30 PM
That may be a stretch.

Okay,
some of his posts.
Not that I mind.

Zenman

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 02:28:15 PM

It's not me, I don't wear pink or purple.

But you do have a Masonic tattoo??

wenck

Quote from: (Redacted) on July 02, 2015, 01:58:16 AM

http://artbell.com/radio-stations/

I just noticed two new stations :  KTKK 630 AM - Salt Lake City, Utah and WRPW 92.9 FM - Bloomington-Normal, Illinois.

The momentum grows!

No Quarter

Quote from: coaster on July 02, 2015, 02:35:36 PM

I did see that. Zahi was PISSED!  Graham just kind of stood there dumbfounded, wondering why he was throwing that tantrum and NOT listening to Graham at all.

I hope Art asks Graham about that.

coaster

Quote from: No Quarter on July 02, 2015, 02:48:48 PM
I did see that!  Zahi was PISSED!  Graham just kind of stood there, dumbfounded. 

I hope Art asks Graham about that.
I think Graham has to walk on egg shells when it comes to discussing Hawass. I know he has had a fall from grace, but I bet he could still make some phone calls and get Graham blocked from entering Egypt. Hawass did say in the video he would do the same to Bauval. Get him denied entry. Hawass plays dirty pool.
I loved it when Hancock said "shame on you" to Hawass, and he got so pissed. "Don't say that to me. "Don't say shame on me". haha. What a twat that man is.

No Quarter

Quote from: coaster on July 02, 2015, 02:52:49 PM
I think Graham has to walk on egg shells when it comes to discussing Hawass. I know he has had a fall from grace, but I bet he could still make some phone calls and get Graham blocked from entering Egypt. Hawass did say in the video he would do the same to Bauval. Get him denied entry. Hawass plays dirty pool.
I loved it when Hancock said "shame on you" to Hawass, and he got so pissed. "Don't say that to me. "Don't say shame on me". haha. What a twat that man is.

I guess the last laugh belongs to Graham and company, since Hawass got dropped as the Minister of Antiquities. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. It's such a shame, too - Zahi is/was very passionate about Egypt's rich archaeological history.

But as you said - he is a twat that plays dirty pool

Zenman

Quote from: nooryisawesome on July 01, 2015, 10:04:07 PM
By the way this is the best art work so far for the gabcast. +100 for the mustard suit of RCH

I like it!

Art Bell

It should be a interesting Interview.

I want to say this again, if we start small and grow it is more then ok with me. I just want to have fun. I have done the big company thing and am looking forward to something with less pressure and more fun, that's what I think Midnight will be.

Art

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on July 02, 2015, 03:00:41 PM

I want to say this again, if we start small and grow it is more then ok with me. I just want to have fun. I have done the big company thing and am looking forward to something with less pressure and more fun, that's what I think Midnight will be.

Art
Have fun Art!

coaster

Quote from: No Quarter on July 02, 2015, 02:58:29 PM
I guess the last laugh belongs to Graham and company, since Hawass got dropped as the Minister of Antiquities. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy. It's such a shame, too - Zahi is/was very passionate about Egypt's rich archaeological history.

But as you said - he is a twat that plays dirty pool
I respect the mans work, don't get me wrong. I think he has done great things when he was the Minister of Antiquities. It's not really his job to accommodate foreigner's far-flung theories, and I'm sure it angers him. But he doesnt have to be such a monumental dickhead about it. He really is a man-child in that aspect.

onan

Quote from: coaster on July 02, 2015, 03:03:52 PM
But he doesnt have to be such a monumental dickhead about it. He really is a man-child in that aspect.

Yeah, that is how it appears to me as well.

No Quarter

Art

It's very easy to tell when someone is having fun doing what they're doing. Imo, being able to relax and do the show without pressure will certainly come across to the audience. Just like finding that Zen moment of no-thought when you are doing, well, anything, I guess.

It's SO difficult to listen to someone host a show when you can tell that they are too self-conscious about what they are doing. That can translate (in talk radio, at least) into awkward interviews by a host who does not seem comfortable or knowledgeable in either the subject matter or their abilities as a host/interviewer.

The ardent fervor about your return notwithstanding, I think everyone here is just happy to have you back on.

Though it may take a couple of test laps once you get back onto the bike, everything is going to work out just fine!  :)

SciFiAuthor

I respect the mans work, don't get me wrong. I think he has done great things when he was the Minister of Antiquities. It's not really his job to accommodate foreigner's far-flung theories, and I'm sure it angers him. But he doesnt have to be such a monumental dickhead about it. He really is a man-child in that aspect.

Ditto.

chefist

ge30542

I had an outfit like that before the therapy.

Zenman

Art

Sounds excellent, Art. Can't wait.

Is it July yet??

Hey, wait!

No Quarter

I agree, and I am certainly not apologizing for him. He did very well bringing Egypt's history to the world, and, to your point - no, it's not his job to accommodate 'fringe' theories, but he was just so adamantly intractable about any alternate theories on history that he would not entertain any suggestion that the monuments were built by anyone but Egyptians.

I'm sure (to him, at least) accommodating those theories would be almost treasonous in their implications, but come on - at least he could try to keep an open mind. Who knows - maybe that was just politics.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: onan on July 02, 2015, 03:12:12 PM
Yeah, that is how it appears to me as well.

You know, the one thing about Zahi Hawass that I wonder about is his cultural patrimony stuff. He went around trying to get every Egyptian artifact he could and bring it back to Egypt, suing museums etc. to get them. Yet all that did was concentrate the artifacts in one country which subsequently went through instability where a bunch of the artifacts simply were stole and ended up on the antiquities black market. I guess he expected the Mubarak regime to last forever.

SaucyRossy

All black everythang

"Yes it is important to let you know, that my voice is being carried by a lay-zer beam........ the lay-zer beam will one day be used, I'm sure, for interplanetary communication." Thanks to Perkin-Elmer, a black project contractor from the old days I haven't heard much from lately.
Dick Hoagland sounds a lot like Wally Cox on that WTIC ..._ recording.

Zenman

Quote from: chefist on July 02, 2015, 03:18:28 PM
https://youtu.be/Xr0JZBGI9Cw

I love this one, Jaz! Awesome!

Superb as usual, Jaz. Very nice. Ross is the perfect touch too.

I think this time tho you're definitely going to owe some royalties to the Greys.

No Quarter

MV - is there any way of putting a countdown clock (until July 20) on the forum? It's not that I can't read a calendar, but I'm getting older, and I seem to be forgetting what day it is more than I used to...  :o

chefist

Quote from: No Quarter on July 02, 2015, 03:29:50 PM
MV - is there any way of putting a countdown clock (until July 20) on the forum? It's not that I can't read a calendar, but I'm getting older, and I seem to be forgetting what day it is more than I used to...  :o
There's also the artbell.com link in the menu bar...