• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

ItsOver

Quote from: wotr1 on June 30, 2015, 09:37:57 PM
I have a nice damp corner of the basement picked out and have started breeding rats to snack on...
Will they be free range rats or at least organically fed?  I'm having a hard talking Whole Foods into carrying this Gabber staple.

ShayP

Quote from: weeberwubber on June 30, 2015, 09:41:53 PM
Nice score! While I'm not interested in paying the sub for Hoagie I would have easily paid $10 per month for MITD so I'll sub to Hoagie too in order to support the overall programming. Who knows, maybe I'll change my mind on Hoagie.

I'm with you there.  RCH has always annoyed me and I think he's full of "it".  However I appreciate his passion and it would be interesting to hear him as a host.  Ya never know.

I....like everyone here....just want to experience Art Bell on the radio again.

Maybe I'll sacrifice my C2C insider subscription and move that to the impending new RCH program.  Then again, if I do that, I can't listen to George Knapp or to each of the available 'Somewhere in Time' programs for the umpteenth time.

PathoJen

I'M CAUGHT UP!!! Wow! And Wow!!!!!!!

pate

Quote from: ItsOver on June 30, 2015, 09:52:58 PM
Will they be free range rats or at least organically fed?  I'm having a hard talking Whole Foods into carrying this Gabber staple.

From some website about the Pat O'Brien Master & Commander series (re; RAT-EATUN)

QuoteThey cross the line â€"  Badger-Bag completes the required rituals, and life aboard ship goes on, darkened merely by the scurvy problem and the loss of Stephen’s madder-fed rats.  It was the midshipmen, of course  â€" they liberated the rats while Stephen was gone and dressed them with onion sauce.  Babbington, newly-glorified with the promise of taking his Lieutenant’s exam, ‘fesses up and begs Stephen’s pardon.  There’s a prime comic moment when Stephen, walking in with a list for Jack’s perusal, is momentarily stopped by Babbington’s apology.  Jack chimes in  â€"  ‘He only ate it when it was dead’, and Stephen’s only comment is “It would have been a strangely hasty, agitated meal, had he ate it before.”  The rest of the midshipmen are brought before the Doctor to apologize.  He queries them about the rats’ bones, which the boys noticed were oddly dark.  So Stephen whips up boluses for all, and the midshipmen spend the next two pages going to the head.

Wanted to find a clip from the movie, but Google-fu is weak....

edit:  might as well put the link where I stole it frum; https://vappleman.wordpress.com/

Apologies for de-railing...

Art RULZ!

phrodo

Quote from: weeberwubber on June 30, 2015, 09:41:53 PM
Nice score! While I'm not interested in paying the sub for Hoagie I would have easily paid $10 per month for MITD so I'll sub to Hoagie too in order to support the overall programming.

Yep - just a relatively minor nitpick here ... but -- Art is worth well more than RCH ... so why is the sub to ToSoM the same as it is for Art's show?

Zenman

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 09:23:47 PM
Thank you all for the support and help, this really is quite a ride even before the ride has started! As far as Dave is concerned I hope you all have noticed I have not been posting anything negative about him or for that matter anything at all but this latest stunt was simply too much.

Art

The sliminess of their latest stunt is truly astounding. Really, really cool that it came back to bite them and RCH is coming over to Dark Matter.

Sometimes you can have faith in this Karma thing.

Coz

Oh Boy....

Well I've not been around for a bit because I was getting married. That seemed more important. Now that we are nestled into marital bliss...

What the hell happened while I was gone? Everything was calm, angels were singing, and the heavens were open!

It's like David Lee Roth made a career move to slag Sammy Hagar permanently.

PathoJen

Quote from: Coz on June 30, 2015, 10:07:21 PM
Oh Boy....

Well I've not been around for a bit because I was getting married. That seemed more important. Now that we are nestled into marital bliss...

What the hell happened while I was gone? Everything was calm, angels were singing, and the heavens were open!

Please don't say angels.

Had a tingle about this June 21st. Sabotage.

RoseGirl

It should be very interesting to listen to Dave tonight....betchya he sounds a bit, shall we say, challenged?

Mastodonkey

I know Hancock is Art's first quest but have they released a schedule yet? Or is it being kept under wraps? I know c2c was stealing guests at one point during the Dark Matter run.

This is high comedy. Who will be Coast's science adviser now, the numbers lady?

phrodo

Quote from: SixWeekTenure(tm) on June 30, 2015, 10:16:45 PM

Bill Nye??  :P

Whom will be minister of numbers and magic?

coaster

that bill the amateur astronomer atheist fella.

Quote from: Art Bell on June 30, 2015, 08:47:35 PM
Not true, I think he will take callers

Art

Good. I have respect for RCH, he will say anything regardless of what other people think. I will subscribe to his show as well.

Jocko Johnson

So now to place the cherry on top...Art have LMH leave c2c and a couple times a wk, a month whatever she wants...get her a slot to do her own thing. She never has to deal with ole hummus breath again and dhe has an enter show to expand and get all her reports out...no time limits if she was on your show and no dave nonsense. It's a win, win, win!!!!

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: Skunk Ape on June 30, 2015, 04:29:50 PM
Wow... WOW!!

Talk about big news indeed!

Dave and Co. just recieved the bitch-slap of the year from Art and the DMRN.

Way to go!  8)

"cocaines a hell of a drug!"

chefist

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 30, 2015, 10:33:38 PM
"cocaines a hell of a drug!"

skunk ape nailed it! OMG...pee my pants funny!

Zenman

Quote from: Coz on June 30, 2015, 10:07:21 PM
Oh Boy....

Everything's status quo here on the roller coaster, lol.

Welcome back, Coz, and congrats! And nice David Lee Roth metaphor.   :)

Quote from: nooryisawesome on June 30, 2015, 10:26:39 PM
Good. I have respect for RCH, anything regardless of what other people think. I will subscribe to his show as well.

He did claim credit (1990) for creating & designing the Pioneer 10 plaque (Carl Sagan, Linda Sagan & Frank Drake were responcible).

Quote from: PaulAtreides on June 30, 2015, 01:13:34 PM
And no taste in music, whatsoever.

Because we hate 'Ride My Seesaw'?  That piece of crap is the delineation line?

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 30, 2015, 04:50:06 PM
He will bring listeners. And the other major point is as Art said. He's something for people to talk about. A safe host choice for the other side of midnight would've been boring. This way, you either find him entertaining and are psyched for the ride thru the cosmic ether you're about to take. Or you hate him and will probably still listen out of spite. One thing we can all agree on is RCH knows how to handle a broadcast.
There's a reason a massive amount of rush listeners are liberals, and that's because he's so damn entertaining while you yell out responses to things you disagree with or know is wrong.

Picking RCH to host this show was BRILLIANT. Bravo Art, Keith, and welcome aboard Richard!
Ditto...this^^^^^☆☆☆^^^^^!!!!!!!

Jocko Johnson

Quote from: SaucyRossy on June 30, 2015, 04:50:06 PM
He will bring listeners. And the other major point is as Art said. He's something for people to talk about. A safe host choice for the other side of midnight would've been boring. This way, you either find him entertaining and are psyched for the ride thru the cosmic ether you're about to take. Or you hate him and will probably still listen out of spite. One thing we can all agree on is RCH knows how to handle a broadcast.
There's a reason a massive amount of rush listeners are liberals, and that's because he's so damn entertaining while you yell out responses to things you disagree with or know is wrong.

Picking RCH to host this show was BRILLIANT. Bravo Art, Keith, and welcome aboard Richard!
Ditto...this^^^^^☆☆☆^^^^^!!!!!!!
Quote from: Mastodonkey on June 30, 2015, 04:50:53 PM
I really didn't want more C2C/Art bad blood in the mix.. I feel like taking Hoagland away from them is really nothing more than ridding them of some obnoxious pest they don't even really want around anymore anyway.
It is what it is though. Art is still coming back and all is well.
You work with someone and they screw you. Your friend opens a new store/biz and says, hey buddy come wk for/with me?
Person switches job...no problem. Now if RCH still does c2c than that sux.
Bottom line if dave treated him right and isn't an asshat we aren't having this conversation.

Zenman

Quote from: Jocko Johnson on June 30, 2015, 10:32:00 PM
So now to place the cherry on top...Art have LMH leave c2c and a couple times a wk, a month whatever she wants...get her a slot to do her own thing. She never has to deal with ole hummus breath again and dhe has an enter show to expand and get all her reports out...no time limits if she was on your show and no dave nonsense. It's a win, win, win!!!!

Heard a rumor in chat about Knapp possibly getting a weekend spot on Dark Matter. That sounds muy intriguing.

WOTR

Quote from: Zenman on June 30, 2015, 10:51:01 PM
Heard a rumor in chat about Knapp possibly getting a weekend spot on Dark Matter. That sounds muy intriguing.
I think that it was confirmed in chat this evening after somebody let it slip...

Jocko Johnson

What dave et al will never understand is that these people are Art's friends. If not for him, (this includes dave) where would they be? As for RCH, give him credit for doing the right thing hoisting dave overboard and sailling off with his old buddy. It's called LOYALTY...dave, tammy, sleza, flackie...you will never know the true meaning of that word because your past actions have shown you have no moral compass.

coaster

Quote from: wotr1 on June 30, 2015, 10:53:10 PM
I think that it was confirmed in chat this evening after somebody let it slip...
interesting. The more Knapp, the better. Too bad about his gig over at coast. That will cause some problems.

Mastodonkey

Quote from: wotr1 on June 30, 2015, 10:53:10 PM

Please let this be true.

Bounder

C2C was all ready to let Hoagland host on the night of the Pluto probe's closest approach â€" July 13/14.  Then the plans changed, the pieces got shifted around (by Dave) specifically to step on Art's July 20 debut.  A chess move to â€" I guess unwittingly â€" pitch Art's appeal against Richard's.

Well, Art and Richard invented a third option and checkmated the living Christ out of Dave by making RCH â€" and his own show, "The Other Side of Midnight," a Dark Matter Digital Network exclusive.

Make sense?