• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

FRIDAY NIGHT COUNTDOWN JUN 17

Started by anagrammy, June 17, 2011, 10:58:39 PM

Scully

I CANNOT believe George just said Houdini would have been great to have on C2C when the guest said Houdini was bristly and a fighter.  Can anyone imagine George interviewing someone like that?? 

Bwahahaha ...  ;D

Seamus Capone

Quote from: anagrammy on June 17, 2011, 11:45:28 PMHey, Jethro!  Thanks for adding some testosterone to Ladies Night here....:)

Pleasant greetings to Anagrammy and Scully, as well as anybody who chooses to suffer with us. ;-) I'm now laughing at myself. I actually thought that the colonoscopy show was for real. LOL Noory could pull a Couric and broadcast live, as Tommy holds his hand.

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on June 17, 2011, 11:57:41 PMGeorge has on what I call the 'fake articulation' where he gives an exaggerated response thinking this represents enthusiasm.

Oh, you just nailed what I haven't been able to put into words.  Thanks, Ana, that's like an itch being scratched.

And don't you just hate him when he does that? :-\

Scully

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 18, 2011, 12:03:06 AM
Pleasant greetings to Anagrammy and Scully, as well as anybody who chooses to suffer with us. ;-) I'm now laughing at myself. I actually thought that the colonoscopy show was for real. LOL Noory could pull a Couric and broadcast live, as Tommy holds his hand.

LOL, Jethro.  What a picture in my head!!!!  :P

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Scully on June 18, 2011, 12:00:21 AMI CANNOT believe George just said Houdini would have been great to have on C2C when the guest said Houdini was bristly and a fighter.  Can anyone imagine George interviewing someone like that?? 

Bwahahaha ...  ;D

I wonder if the guest'll do the "got your nose" trick with Noory.

Noory Voice: "You got my nose; you're better than Chris Angel!

anagrammy

OK - the truth about Deseret Industries - it's the same with Goodwill, by the way.  They don't really employ people, they provide employment training under an 18 month program THAT IS PAID FOR BY THE GOVERNMENT.  Yes, even the charities are carefully phrasing their ads to make you think your toaster donation helps provide jobs.  Only indirectly.

ONce while shopping at Deseret Industries, I saw that a young girl with cerebral palsy was trying to work while crying.  I asked her what was wrong and she said they were making her leave to make room for other people.  Since she clearly would not find work elsewhere, I asked if  they were helping her find work, she said no, there are no jobs as good with kind people like at the DI.  She wanted to stay.  Her mother came in and told me her child was heartbroken. She had never had a job before.  The mangement said they actually had no money for salaries other than management.  Everyone else was paid for by the state program.   And the profits for the mammoth Deseret INdustries?  Yep, to the needy Mormon Church to pay for radio ads and all those bulletin boards and tv spots that say "I' m into sports and.....I'm a Mormon."

ANagrammy

Scully

Quote from: Jethro Capone on June 18, 2011, 12:07:33 AM
I wonder if the guest'll do the "got your nose" trick with Noory.

Noory Voice: "You got my nose; you're better than Chris Angel!

LOL.  I can just hear it happening, Jethro.  ;D

anagrammy

Regarding the fake articulation...some examples:

Guest says he's going to tell us X.  George raises his volume and says in a fake excited voice "After the break (pregnant pause) we are going to HEAR ABOUT X!!!!!

Grrrrr

Ana

Scully

Quote from: beachcomber on June 17, 2011, 11:53:27 PM
durn fool quote of the night #1

"How did that place (Magic Castle) conceive itself?"
   - GN

I dunno...Inarticulate Conception maybe

I missed that, Beachcomber.  Too, too funny!  ;D

anagrammy

The Book of the Damned was the first published nonfiction work of the author Charles Fort (first edition 1919). Dealing with various types of anomalous phenomena including UFOs, strange falls of both organic and inorganic materials from the sky, odd weather patterns, the possible existence of creatures generally held to be mythological, disappearances of people under strange circumstances, and many other phenomena, the book is historically considered to be the first written in the specific field of anomalistics.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: Scully on June 17, 2011, 11:30:41 PM
I didn't say he sends me NICE responses. LOL.  He speaks to me as one might to a slow child, just as he does on the air.  He even told me to get the wax out of my ears once.  That's a personal favorite. ;)

Chandler Bing Voice: "Could he *be* more condescending?"

His *fans* need to get the wax out of *their* ears. You could stock a mall full of candle shops with all that wax. And you'd still have enough left over to start a new wing at Madame Tussaud's. BTW, other people have received snarky and snotty replies from Noory. 

anagrammy

Maybe they are moving him around and off to Hawaii because of protesters. LOL - now I would be so DOWN with that!

Scully

Is there ANY logical reason for that Hawaii deal?  All I've ever heard George say is that "We've" built a studio in Hawaii.  First time I heard him talk about it, he said he would be going there in April or May.  The other night he said August. Whaaaaa? ???   

anagrammy

It makes no sense until you remember that Art went to a tropical paradise.

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on June 18, 2011, 12:33:16 AM
It makes no sense until you remember that Art went to a tropical paradise.

Well, I guess that does pretty much say it all, doesn't it? 

What really riles me every time he mentions it is that they're paying him enough money to maintain 3 different homes.  Where is the justice in this mad, mad world?  >:(

beachcomber

Quote from: Scully on June 18, 2011, 12:16:31 AM

I missed that, Beachcomber.  Too, too funny!  ;D

Didn't have to  wait long for that gaffe ( the first few minutes).
The other one was when he told about a report of a dead deer in the powerline -he had  said that "a resident of the area had seen large eagles around there" and maybe the eagle had picked up the small deer and dropped it there on the lines.
But a moment later while reading a news blurb about the same story, he said "it's unknown how the deer got up in the wires".

BUT he didn't mention the probable eagle explanation he had just reported 10 minutes before that!
Oh  WTF.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: anagrammy on June 18, 2011, 12:23:37 AM
Maybe they are moving him around and off to Hawaii because of protesters. LOL - now I would be so DOWN with that!

Expect to see his version of a Magnum PI photo on the Coast web site. You're gonna have to wear earplugs to look at his shirt.

anagrammy

Then he'll have a diminuitive young Hawaiian bride and we'll all go, "Oh, so that's how he's rolling...."

anagrammy

It's always puzzled me that George does not listen to HIMSELF either, like Scully just pointed out.  You can kind of understand how a dufus could not pay attention  to the guest, but HIMSELF?

I dunno.

anagrammy

Is it my imagination, but didn't the bumper music used to last longer than 10 seconds?

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on June 18, 2011, 12:58:28 AM
Is it my imagination, but didn't the bumper music used to last longer than 10 seconds?
Not paying attention, Ana.  What I've noticed twice lately, though, is George cutting off the last caller of the night in the middle of a sentence with some inane remark. Then bumper music went on forever.  Maybe he can't tell time either. ::)

Seamus Capone

Quote from: anagrammy on June 18, 2011, 12:43:40 AM
Then he'll have a diminuitive young Hawaiian bride and we'll all go, "Oh, so that's how he's rolling...."

I pictured a diminutive *old* bride. We'll see how *she* rolls....in her wheelchair. (apologies for bad taste)

Scully

Uh-oh.  George is dying to tell us what "pushes HIM to the brink"!

anagrammy

Nah, the women George talks about are young.  That is if he is really into girls.  I'm not a bad looking lady his age-ish and I did not see him interested in women at all.  He was surrounded by guys and did a lot of head-together whispering with Tommy. 

anagrammy

P-90 started with George's out of body experience as a child!!!!!  He actually has no P-90 experience to share so now we're going to hear this hoary old tale again.

anagrammy

Sorry, folks, I'm going to bed.  I've heard this a thousand times already.

Seamus Capone

Quote from: anagrammy on June 18, 2011, 01:19:18 AM

I don't blame you. He began to blab about himself again, and it became a turn-off in more ways than one. Their ratings must be in the toilet (or sewer). His self-aggrandizing bits are actually increasing, as are the frustrated listeners.

Scully

Quote from: anagrammy on June 18, 2011, 01:19:18 AM

I'm gonna hit the sack, too, Friends.  George Noory still sucks. G'nite.  Turn out the lights for Ana when you leave, please.  :(

JustOneFix

Did anyone else catch Noron's pronunciation of "futon"? He called it a "Footchieon" which I thought was hilarious. It took him 2 more tries to get it right. Unreal.

I did notice he seemed to be talking slower than normal, I guess so he wouldn't fuck up like usual. It didn't work.