• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

So are we finished on May 21st?

Started by Weirdoradio, May 12, 2011, 10:24:33 AM

onan

Quote from: Marc Knight on May 16, 2011, 05:15:15 AM

Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson - Ring of Fire (live)

Nice one.  But I don't really see what you would call hairy. Mebbe if they showed more chest and back.

Quote from: onan on May 16, 2011, 05:10:23 AM

This is the kind of bullshit that really sets me off. Last week there were 262 earthquakes spanning the globe from Spain to Costa Rica. Lots and Lots of them over 5.0.

Let me take a crack at prognostication... the sun will come up tomorrow, wind and rain will cover the globe over the next month. Tens of thousands will starve to death by tomorrow.

Lesser entities... is the suggestion that you are above the riff raff? Because of some metaphysical superiority? Your woo is not any different than all the other cons out there.

I wouldn't waste my time clicking your link.

Sorry for the strong post. I hope you stay to respond and maybe my tone should have been softer... bleh

Actually I think this sums it up perfectly.

aldousburbank

I have an acquaintance whose family was way wrapped up in the previous doomsday prediction by these nutballs.  Her parents pounded the apocalypse into her head her whole childhood.  Then, since the predicted doomsday was just after her 18th birthday, they actually gave her an early birthday present (a ring) since they would all be with the lord on her actual birthday.  In my opinion, this has made her into an uber-skeptical, anti-social, fringe type- which is all well and good, except for all this is fired by deep resentment and IMO, hate.  Too bad.  She seems like she could have been a nice person without all that force-fed, bad religion, psychological tweek.

b_dubb

Quote from: aldousburbank on May 17, 2011, 11:08:43 AM
I have an acquaintance whose family was way wrapped up in the previous doomsday prediction by these nutballs.  Her parents pounded the apocalypse into her head her whole childhood.  Then, since the predicted doomsday was just after her 18th birthday, they actually gave her an early birthday present (a ring) since they would all be with the lord on her actual birthday.  In my opinion, this has made her into an uber-skeptical, anti-social, fringe type- which is all well and good, except for all this is fired by deep resentment and IMO, hate.  Too bad.  She seems like she could have been a nice person without all that force-fed, bad religion, psychological tweek.
Sorry to hear this. Like the song says ...

Mom and Pop .... They will fuck you up .. For ssssssuuuuuuurreeeee

Harmness

b_dubb

Talking Heads - Sax And Violins

i had no idea this was such a god awful video.  cool song though

Weirdoradio

Robert Fitzpatrick in Times Square at 6:05 PM. Dude spent 140k (all of his retirement savings) on advertising the end. This is what happened right after:

Robert Fitzpatrick reacts to doomsday false alarm

b_dubb

man that is just tragic.  well ... walmart is probably hiring

further proof that basing decisions on shit in the Bible is just stupid

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on May 22, 2011, 09:06:27 AM
further proof that basing decisions on shit in the Bible is just stupid

Heh- well put Mr. Dubb.  I want to add, because I'm a true believer in not having a clue, the I Ching, Ayn Rand, Facebook, Television, Radio, the interweb, politics, educational agenda, Oprah, Rush, etc.

Things I do trust- the face in the mirror, the hunger to stay alive and healthy, a child's smile, sunrise.  I guess I'm just stupid.

b_dubb

i trust walks on the beach and fine dining.  errrr ... i think i'm getting my web sites mixed up

aldousburbank

Quote from: b_dubb on May 22, 2011, 11:59:34 AM
i trust walks on the beach and fine dining.  errrr ... i think i'm getting my web sites mixed up

Holding hands in a portal, hiking while searching for Sasquatch, long nights with night vision goggles watching the space wars...

awguy

I'm listening to Harold Camping right now. He now says that May 21st was a spiritual event and not a physical one. And that the world will still end on October 21st. The rapture, rolling earthquakes and the total destruction of the universe will all happen on the same day. I guess third time is the charm huh?

Let's see how many followers spend another fortune before October .. His good times may have run out

onan

Quote from: HorrorReporter on May 23, 2011, 08:17:30 PM
Let's see how many followers spend another fortune before October .. His good times may have run out

Doubt it. If one drinks the end of days koolade, I do not believe there is much rationality left.

Mmmmm, where do I send the check?

Oh, wait............................................................ :)

onan

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 23, 2011, 09:24:05 PM
Being left behind fucking sucks
I dunno AO, if you are one of the left behind people, I wanna be in that group.
(self disclosure) Some of my family (not the second and third cousins, but close) buy into the rapture scenario. They pray in public and I mean if it is a mcdonald's burger.
If those are the one'e being beamed up, please let me stay. I would rather burn in an eternal hell than spend 5 minutes with that type.

Quote from: Agent : Orange on May 23, 2011, 09:24:05 PM
Being left behind fucking sucks

Ain't so bad, we all know one another.............................. :-*