• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Anything good on TV these days?

Started by Silent, April 09, 2011, 01:01:07 PM

EvB

Silent

Quote from: onan on May 02, 2011, 12:08:53 PM
I have a computer connected to my tv. Would a Roku offer more options?

Prior to connecting a computer I bought a Logetech system to watch movies but was informed Hulu did not work with that system.

I also have a PC connected to my TV and love it.  I don't know anything about Roku but if there are benefits to it over a PC i'd be interested.

Having that PC with a nice bluetooth keyboard and mouse in the living room is very convienent.  I've even been able to stream live NHL games through it.  It's not HD like cable would be but the DIY streams have come a long ways.  I've been watching NHL playoffs for the past 3 years and every year the quality gets better and more reliable.  I looked into getting cable and buying the NHL season package but the prices are nuts considering hockey is the only reason I'd be paying for it.

At the moment, I only watch two shows on TV when a new episode premieres. One being South Park...and the other being Adventure Time with Finn and Jake. Everything else is kinda "whatever" for me. I WAS watching Caprica until Syfy did the lameness and canceled it...the final episodes were so under produced as well...but, I suppose the new Battlestar Galactica series could make up for that disappointment.

Quote from: Treading Water on April 10, 2011, 06:48:07 AM
I shall date myself, verily.

I have the DVD sets of Barney Miller, SOAP, TAXI, and WKRP in Cincinnati.  Although, the WKRP set came WITHOUT the original music and has only about HALF the "oomph" the originally broadcast episodes had.  Pity.
"As God is my witness, I thought turkey's could fly."

Best episode of any sitcom, ever.

WKRP Turkey Drop in 30 Seconds

onan

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 09, 2011, 03:52:38 PM

I remember seeing it when the series was new. Everyone I worked with used that quote when something went wrong for months.

I always thought Howard Hessman (sp) would go on to better things... not so much.

"Whaaaat does the yeeeellllllooooowwww light meeeaaaannnnnn?" - TAXI

"Man, you ain't no brutha'!" - Barney Miller

"Mooshy, mooshy" - Barney Miller

"Hey, you know that light in the refrigerator?" - SOAP

"Yak Ta Beh!" - TAXI

"You want me to get that?" - SOAP

God, I miss being able to watch TV and laugh.  And then having to wait weeks until summer re-runs when we could hear what we missed the first time.......................

Marc.Knight

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on May 09, 2011, 03:52:38 PM

WKRP Turkey Drop in 30 Seconds

God that was so funny. 

Eddie Coyle

I'll take Bailey over Jennifer...that was the "Mary Ann vs Ginger" debate of the late 70's.

Marc.Knight

Quote from: Treading Water on May 09, 2011, 05:22:04 PM
"Whaaaat does the yeeeellllllooooowwww light meeeaaaannnnnn?" - TAXI

"Man, you ain't no brutha'!" - Barney Miller

"Mooshy, mooshy" - Barney Miller

"Hey, you know that light in the refrigerator?" - SOAP

"Yak Ta Beh!" - TAXI

"You want me to get that?" - SOAP

God, I miss being able to watch TV and laugh.  And then having to wait weeks until summer re-runs when we could hear what we missed the first time.......................

Did we change, or the shows?

Last year I - cringe - excluded all alcohol from my life, and after several months I was actually able to watch, focus on, and enjoy a movie or a tv show.  I've never been a heavy drinker, just one or two a day, but cumulatively it had an effect.  (plus I sleep a hell of a lot better now)  Just my experience, I guess.

Surprised no one's mentioned it yet but "The Walking Dead" on AMC was really good. Second season is coming up in the fall.