• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

FUNCTION RANDOM - All Things Technological On Your Mind

Started by Camazotz Automat, August 17, 2012, 04:04:35 AM

norland2424

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 14, 2016, 05:04:30 AM
O.  M.  F.  G. 

This says more about the state of our education system,  than anything else. Thinking for yourself is actively discouraged and even punished now.  This is the result.  :(

Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of idiots out there though too.
I forget who said it, but the quote goes something like this:

"Never underestimate the power of dumb people in large groups"             ;)

It's on youtube so it's got to be true, right ?
Amirite ?          ...Amirite ?    ::)

its worse then that, this has been floating around since last year

ShayP

Quote from: norland2424 on October 14, 2016, 05:30:18 AM

LMFAO!!!!  I really love that.  Dipshits.

Quote from: norland2424 on October 14, 2016, 05:30:18 AM

WOW ! !   

This is why the 'Cabal' sends their kids to private schools.  Can you imagine people like that in charge of government ? 
No, wait...                   Ruh-Roh.        :)  :D  ;D         

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: (Sandman) Logan-5 on October 14, 2016, 05:04:30 AM
O.  M.  F.  G. 

This says more about the state of our education system,  than anything else. Thinking for yourself is actively discouraged and even punished now.  This is the result.  :(

It's on youtube so it's got to be true, right ?
Amirite ?          ...Amirite ?    ::)

This is why I like it better as a media source...because it truly is independent (or used to be, anyway). In a sea of independent sources some are going to be good and some are going to be bad...and some might even be fraudulent hoaxes. This forces the viewer to look for verification of this elsewhere, something most would never do when watching major network news. In fact, if network news didn't try so hard to present itself as the paragon of fairness and objectivity (which we obviously know that it's not) but just rather sought to present their take on the reality of a situation, like YouTube, it would be a lot better. I think if network news had installed a policy of regular but unscheduled hoaxing we'd probably all be a lot better off because now most of the news is a hoax in some way or another but is presented as the truth and checking other networks only verifies that they're all in on the hoax. Truth can only be hacked now.  ;)

You bring up some good points Doc. Such a shame it is, to be forced to seek out and have to verify everything that is passed off as news. It tends to make a person jaded.

Someone mentioned they were still running Win2000.

You may want to check this page out: http://www.ctyme.com/download.htm

albrecht

http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/green-tech/a23417/convert-co2-into-ethanol/
Scientists accidentally find a way to quickly convert CO2 to Ethanol. For some reason their first concern was it could be a way to take CO2 out of the air to fight the "warming" and not thinking about drinking, I mean they are in Tennessee one would think they would have priorities.

onan

Quote from: albrecht on October 20, 2016, 06:06:31 PM
http://www.popularmechanics.com/science/green-tech/a23417/convert-co2-into-ethanol/
Scientists accidentally find a way to quickly convert CO2 to Ethanol. For some reason their first concern was it could be a way to take CO2 out of the air to fight the "warming" and not thinking about drinking, I mean they are in Tennessee one would think they would have priorities.

Get that info to moonshiners, green house gas gone.

cweb

Aliens land. "So how did you humans get rid of all your greenhouse gases?"

"We drank 'em."

Juan

According to The Washington Examiner, Hillary's lawyers were using Lenovo computers with pre-installed malware and probably exposed her entire server to the Chinese.  The newspaper also says John Podesta, Colin Powell and others were hacked because they followed a Bitley link to a hacker page that convinced them to change their passwords, thus giving the hacker the password.
Let's stay out of politics, but these people certainly made poor technological decisions.

the_Stranger

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on October 14, 2016, 08:15:19 PM
This is why I like it better as a media source...because it truly is independent (or used to be, anyway). In a sea of independent sources some are going to be good and some are going to be bad...and some might even be fraudulent hoaxes. This forces the viewer to look for verification of this elsewhere, something most would never do when watching major network news. In fact, if network news didn't try so hard to present itself as the paragon of fairness and objectivity (which we obviously know that it's not) but just rather sought to present their take on the reality of a situation, like YouTube, it would be a lot better. I think if network news had installed a policy of regular but unscheduled hoaxing we'd probably all be a lot better off because now most of the news is a hoax in some way or another but is presented as the truth and checking other networks only verifies that they're all in on the hoax. Truth can only be hacked now.  ;)

I agree with most of this.

cweb

Quote from: Juan on October 22, 2016, 04:11:28 AM
According to The Washington Examiner, Hillary's lawyers were using Lenovo computers with pre-installed malware and probably exposed her entire server to the Chinese.  The newspaper also says John Podesta, Colin Powell and others were hacked because they followed a Bitley link to a hacker page that convinced them to change their passwords, thus giving the hacker the password.
Let's stay out of politics, but these people certainly made poor technological decisions.
Hah, wonder if they got Superfish'ed...

Quote from: GravitySucks on October 24, 2016, 11:21:55 AM
Google flying car prototype?

http://www.montereyherald.com/general-news/20161023/google-co-founders-reported-flying-car-spotted-hovering-in-hollister

The last thing I want (well, almost) is a bunch of effing annoying flying cars all over our skies, falling and flying into things, peeping in our windows, dropping crap out our skies, ruining our views, and just making a total nusiance of themselves in yet another area of our lives. Drones are bad enough. These are even bigger and much more of a pain in the ass. /rant-over

theONE

Quote from: Astrid Galactic on October 24, 2016, 12:13:36 PM
The last thing I want (well, almost) is a bunch of effing annoying flying cars all over our skies, falling and flying into things, peeping in our windows, dropping crap out our skies, ruining our views, and just making a total nusiance of themselves in yet another area of our lives. Drones are bad enough. These are even bigger and much more of a pain in the ass. /rant-over

I agree with your rant.
Flying cars will be big nuisance,..just visualize 1000 of them flying every day over your city

onan

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on October 24, 2016, 02:34:32 PM
Walking works for me.
So . . . I just put a leash on my laptop and take it for a stroll? ::)

onan

Quote from: starrmtn001 on October 24, 2016, 02:36:04 PM
So . . . I just put a leash on my laptop and take it for a stroll? ::)

Honestly, for all of us to do that, might be the better use of a computer.

starrmtn001

Quote from: onan on October 24, 2016, 02:40:40 PM
Honestly, for all of us to do that, might be the better use of a computer.
I totally agree with you, Onan. ;D

Use a Javascript blocker. That will nullify the possibility of most Drive-By-Downloads. ;)

albrecht

Quote from: onan on October 27, 2016, 06:12:53 PM
Great, now I gotta go to the library to torrent the latest Anarchist Diary.
Don't use the library. A while ago when I took a Foreign Service test one of the questions was "would you agree that the government should be able to get lists of what people check out for national security without a warrant" and write a response (back after 911 on a whim and Bush etc was pushing for this. You will recall, maybe, some librarian protests?) Little did most of the public know then how much stuff the government was/is snooping on?