• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Video Gaming

Started by trostol, December 20, 2015, 02:08:47 AM

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Coffeeman on December 22, 2015, 07:25:21 AM
I don't what the general feeling is towards ROMs here is, but I do it for classic consoles and that exact feeling comes back. Just load up a game and play. I feel kind of weirded out having my consoles on the Internet as it is.

I emu it up all the time. What emus do you use and on what system?

Man the new update for World of Warships introduces anime camo into the game.   Bleech.    :-[

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/052-arrives-patch-notes/

trostol

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 22, 2015, 10:05:45 PM
Man the new update for World of Warships introduces anime camo into the game.   Bleech.    :-[

not big on competitive games..never got into war of tanks or any of the..off shoots lol

norland2424

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on December 22, 2015, 10:05:45 PM

Why would anyone do that..  That is horrible.

Hautex

Waiting for the next Witcher 3 expansion and just completed Dragon Age Inquisition... Just started Skyrim online and not happy with how constrictive it is...

trostol

Quote from: Hautex on December 23, 2015, 10:09:20 AM
Waiting for the next Witcher 3 expansion and just completed Dragon Age Inquisition... Just started Skyrim online and not happy with how constrictive it is...

i need to get back to the witcher and play that...just was..too many little side things going on in it

trostol

holy fuck...Hoagland in FO4 lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 23, 2015, 11:49:58 PM
holy fuck...Hoagland in FO4 lol

LOL did you finally find him

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 23, 2015, 11:54:51 PM
LOL did you finally find him

lol indeed..it was Hoaglands insane ideas yet looks like a young Art lol

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 24, 2015, 12:00:23 AM
lol indeed..it was Hoaglands insane ideas yet looks like a young Art lol

LOL oh shit jack cabot does look like a young art  :o

trostol

Coffeeman

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on December 22, 2015, 01:17:22 PM
I emu it up all the time. What emus do you use and on what system?

Let's see, a nightly build of Snes9x for SNES, FCEUX for NES, Kega Fusion for everything Sega (pre-Saturn), and Dolphin for Nintendo Cube games. How about you?

The last few years have been awesome for the emulation scene, I tell ya.

trostol

Quote from: Coffeeman on December 24, 2015, 07:41:12 AM
Let's see, a nightly build of Snes9x for SNES, FCEUX for NES, Kega Fusion for everything Sega (pre-Saturn), and Dolphin for Nintendo Cube games. How about you?

had dolphin..was fantastic..just wasn't playing enough for all the space it started taking up lol

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Coffeeman on December 24, 2015, 07:41:12 AM

There have been some awesome breakthroughs in emulation the last few years. I used to use a lot of the individual emus you mention but a couple years ago they released openemu and it's kind of one stop shopping for all your emu needs. Basically, a OSX frontend for a bunch of different emus. There are still some refinements needed but I'm very impressed so far and they're always working on upgrades for it. I've never been able to get any kind of realistic Saturn emulation before but openemu somehow made it happen. Other than that I still have an old version of MAME OSX for some of the arcade roms that won't work properly with openemu. I also picked up a cheap used PSP a few months ago to cover handheld systems but I have most systems emulated on it now too. More games than I'll realistically ever be able to cover but the freedom of choice is nice  8)

P.S. I have Dolphin installed but haven't been able to get anything to run at a playable level yet. It could be my hardware. I'm on a 5 year old macmini.

Hautex

Quote from: trostol on December 23, 2015, 02:20:15 PM
i need to get back to the witcher and play that...just was..too many little side things going on in it
Being an old-guy, I use video games to keep my mind active. Witcher3 The Wild Hunt is perfect for that, laid back, do what you want, get in someone, or somethings, face when you feel like it. Kinda like my real life! Did WoW for awhile and got fed up with all the trolls, the gold sellers, and the insane similarity to daily life in places like Chicago, New York City, and Dallas... Games are for fantasy, witcher has some great sexy ladies in it... without the ability to get VD... :)

cweb

Quote from: norland2424 on December 24, 2015, 12:03:42 AM
LOL oh shit jack cabot does look like a young art  :o

Hah! Just finished that questline. Another strange sci-fi oasis in the world of Fallout. Pretty enjoyable!

trostol

Quote from: Hautex on December 26, 2015, 01:55:09 PM
  Being an old-guy, I use video games to keep my mind active. Witcher3 The Wild Hunt is perfect for that, laid back, do what you want, get in someone, or somethings, face when you feel like it. Kinda like my real life! Did WoW for awhile and got fed up with all the trolls, the gold sellers, and the insane similarity to daily life in places like Chicago, New York City, and Dallas... Games are for fantasy, witcher has some great sexy ladies in it... without the ability to get VD... :)

used to play WoW til about 2 years ago when it just..kept getting worse and worse and i finally gave up, also lack of job to play for the monthly sub, but i can't really see me returning as they just keep dumbing it down..not that it was rocket science to start with

trostol

damn..sunset overdrive deluxe edition is 33 bucks right now on xbox one deal..too bad i am broke lol

zeebo

Well I'm diving back into Morrowind again.  Despite it's flaws, there's just something about it that keeps drawing me back.   And this time, my level 10 stealth elf is gonna get some respect.

pate

Damn, that is about the toughest anagram ever.

'Twill be heard to write that evunly as EastStar {imbeddenHolla}https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGAOqpBNxC8{/imbeddenHolla} fruendLich nextun Wideo...

Not Sure wot dat mints, abut, Carry On!

Quote from: zeebo on December 28, 2015, 03:59:52 AM

wing me back.   And this time, my level 10 stealth elf is gonna get some respect.

dammint: ediot! Thyme masheen agayn, 'pologies bro

DinarUndMint: Secundiot! Dang-o-wang-o Eyum dee0-runk at the alte skating rink!  "on s'escuse(sp)"

turdMasheen: JORCH!!!!  Oh, I furgot!  Mie toupee mishtaken, sunlight keel hauls the trollen.  Sew depiaazatrollisch!  Eye apologi fur offending effendi, discrato!  TOAST.

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 28, 2015, 04:58:50 AM
hey since i know you own the xbox one, does this version have the first person mode for gta5?

yup

norland2424

Quote from: trostol on December 28, 2015, 05:01:22 AM
yup

ok cool, ive seen videos for it on the ps4 but i wasnt sure if it had it for xb1 , now i want to get it lol

trostol

Quote from: norland2424 on December 28, 2015, 05:11:17 AM
ok cool, ive seen videos for it on the ps4 but i wasnt sure if it had it for xb1 , now i want to get it lol

lol not sure first person mode would be the selling point for me on GTA 5

cweb

Quote from: trostol on December 28, 2015, 05:12:48 AM
lol not sure first person mode would be the selling point for me on GTA 5
Agreed. I thought it would be my preferred style of play, but then ditched it after about 10 minutes.

There's just something about watching your character bludgeon someone to death that's so appealing, I guess.

Great game, though. One of the best stories in recent memory.

Hautex

If anyone plays The Golf Club, I have built a couple BellGab courses, pretty easy ones. In the Bellgab resort one, even have a beer garden constructed with some golf carts that have ended up in the water, damn drunks... or they could have belonged to trolls that were "handled"... they are constructed under the name "HauntedTexan"... need many more plays to get handicap rated, please...... enjoy..!?
     Happy New Year to all y'all! Peace

trostol

Quote from: zeebo on December 28, 2015, 03:59:52 AM
Well I'm diving back into Morrowind again.  Despite it's flaws, there's just something about it that keeps drawing me back.   And this time, my level 10 stealth elf is gonna get some respect.

i think i have Morrowind somewhere..should pop it on and mod it up...