• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Other Side of Midnight - Richard C. Hoagland - Live Chat Thread

Started by cosmic hobo, June 24, 2015, 09:00:52 PM

Hoegee

"they're been indoctrinated by all the religious stuff"

no one told this guy the muh organized religion meme is long dead, the marxists won. now we have clown world.

Hoegee

Hoagie (interrupting):  OK, OK, OK . . . this is the fifth time you've mentioned this.  What the hell is ectoplasm?

Guest:  I don't know.

Hoagie:  Uhh-hmmm . . .

lol go Hoagie

'That's the 5th time tonight you've mentioned ectoplasm. What the hell is ectoplasm?'

Guest has no real answer, not even some good pseudo-science babble. They should consult with Hoagie, he could come up with a good science sounding description of ectoplasm.

I think the definitive authority on ectoplasm is Ghostbusters.

Hoegee

There's a Salvation Army Mission in one of the 'spheres' where these dead people have regular religious meetings.

K_Dubb

He is copying Churchill, assuming nobody will remember what Doyle sounds like.  Compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWjgt9PzYEM

Relevant subject matter too, towards the end.

what a downer Arthur Conan Doyle's ghost is. he's lecturing poor struggling mortals on their ignorance of spirtualism. what does it matter - if we're all going on to another plane of existence whether we want to or not what difference does it make to him if earthly people are enlightened. you'd think somebody who has moved on to another plane would be quite happy, death doesn't exist, there's no sickness, yet he sounds old and miserable.

"the religious right controls everything"

holy fuck, this guest.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: CronkitesGhost on May 27, 2018, 12:33:09 AM
what a downer Arthur Conan Doyle's ghost is. he's lecturing poor struggling mortals on their ignorance of spirtualism. what does it matter - if we're all going on to another plane of existence whether we want to or not what difference does it make to him if earthly people are enlightened. you'd think somebody who has moved on to another plane would be quite happy, death doesn't exist, there's no sickness, yet he sounds old and miserable.

Well, as I've pointed out before, the quality of your own reporting has gone WAY down since passing on. You don't even bother with your trademark sign off anymore. Perhaps people just aren't at their best when dead? :-\

lol the guest urges Richard to go to the callers in the last half hour, he thinks this is a big time radio show with a big audience. Hoagie goes 'homina homina homina' then goes 'oh here's Michelle from Japan' hahaha

well he certainly was quite the Christ hater.

he paid a little homage to Art Bell as the show ended, why didn't he just invite Art to come on the show the way whomever summoned Arthur Conan Doyle did. Hoagie never got him to explain how one goes about inviting dead people to communicate with us. i'm gonna develop an app like Tinder but it will just be dead people you choose to invite for a visit, if you end up fucking the ectoplasmic entity that's a bonus.

expat

Plan for tonight ditched in favor of a tribute to the late Al Bean.

AstroBuzz

I didn't know RCH was still doing this show until just now! What happened? Why did he leave the DMDN?

Dyna-X

The real colors of the Apollo Gnomon - he's oversaturated the color in his own pictures.

GravitySucks

Quote from: AstroBuzz on May 27, 2018, 09:16:26 PM
I didn't know RCH was still doing this show until just now! What happened? Why did he leave the DMDN?

Keith’s 4 month free bandwidth to build a subscriber base ran out, he started getting a monthly bill and then he got pissed he was not offered Art’s timeslot when Art quit.

He lost a lot of subscribers when Rossy quit.

What was the Sinatra song he played about 20 minutes ago? i don't think it was Fly Me To The Moon.

It was...Fly Me to the Moon, followed by Moon River.  Nice.

This could be a wonderful opportunity for Hoagie to shine, as he examines two seemingly disparate topics: moon landings, and art.  He might still derail it by veering off into self-aggrandizing anecdotes and name-dropping, but I’m going to be optimistic about him keeping it together, and focusing on Mr. Bean.

oh it was Fly Me - god I love Sinatra.

Hoagie was useful tonight, he taught me a new word - 'abraded'.

has Hoagie ever offered a reason why there are no remains of ancient glass structures in photos from the Mars rover?  what's his excuse?

Beans Moon paintings are multi-color because of the glass stuctures