• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell MP3 Trading/Requests

Started by slipstream, April 06, 2008, 06:11:34 PM

slipstream

I was looking at the Wikipedia article about Art bell and came across this,"In March 2005 a man also called about disturbing events on Kwajalein and Johnston Atoll about a weapon that only targeted certain people and could leave others unhurt. He indicated he had been on both islands (that are US military only) and that these weapons had been tested in 1993. Art lost the call after another voice came on the line with a click saying "Shelton, terminate the call from A-6." Art tried to call the man back but was unsuccessful."

If one knows the exact date and perhaps has a recording of this show it is much appreciated.  If not I'll have to start collecting shows from that month/year and listen to them all  :P

Thanks

Art only did one open lines show in March 2005, according to the C2C website, March 27, but it doesn't say anything about a call like you're describing. He hosted on March 5, 6, 12, 13, 19, 20, 26, and 27 that year, it says. Good luck!

slipstream

Thanks for the help! You have narrowed it down greatly for me   ;)

lnrrgb

I am pretty sure I have all of 2K5 in mp3, files direct from streamlink download. If you want to listen to the whole month again.....:) If you just want a specific date....that could be worked out too. I wish I could remember hearing that, and might if I heard it again... I am sure I was listening, but I don't recall hearing the gist of any of your description. contact me if you like:)

slipstream

Quote from: lnrrgb on April 14, 2008, 11:59:51 AM
I am pretty sure I have all of 2K5 in mp3, files direct from streamlink download. If you want to listen to the whole month again.....:) If you just want a specific date....that could be worked out too. I wish I could remember hearing that, and might if I heard it again... I am sure I was listening, but I don't recall hearing the gist of any of your description. contact me if you like:)

Sorry I never got back to you   :(   I was going through a really difficult semester, but I got through it okay  ;)     Anyway,  if your offer is still open I would like to take you up on it and get the shows that people have narrowed down to have the requested call.

Cheers

After posting some of my favorite episodes in a thread here the other day i decided to listen again to the old hale bopp episodes but the tapes are pretty much shredded. :(

sooooo....i've scoured through this forum and through numerous google searches but cannot find a single lead on where one can download specific episodes of coast to coast.  ive been looking to replace some of my old cassette tapes that i had made of shows back in 1996 with mp3s so i can listen to them in the car and at work.

is there somewhere i can pick some of these old episodes?  purchase/trade/"file sharing" any help would be great.

darkfae

Yea I am looking for some to add to my collection myself. I have a few but I don't know if they are anything you want. I do have all of Malachi Martins for sure and I have clips of the Hale Bopp and all that. The loon that called crying about Area 51. Red Elk, The Philadelphia Experiment, and the like.

EvB

Lord - I don't even KNOW what I have anymore. The collection is growing and not well organized.  Since I have a stream ripper, I have sometimes of the classic shows music - sometimes advertising - and all. 

darkfae

What does everyone use to rip the streams, I am looking and dunno what to use. So I can just get some off the streamer we listen to.

EvB

Quote from: darkfae on July 28, 2008, 11:16:40 AM
What does everyone use to rip the streams, I am looking and dunno what to use. So I can just get some off the streamer we listen to.

NetXfer   http://www.xi-soft.com/default.htm

darkfae

Does it record from winamp, i am not sure I said it the right way to mean record not just download, i am reading on the site but at the moment its not clear here either.

Not that a downloading tool isn't a good thing to have and it looks good to try and use, I will try it out.

EvB

It circumvents aps like winamp.  What you do it paste the URL that the stream originates from (click "open in new window" to be sure) in the dialog box and it just sucks everything right on down!

darkfae

Alrighty then, that's what's up.... :D

cthulhubunny

for that matter..

Being without internet at home, for the time being, I can only get my Art Bell doses via Streamer here at work. I have a few mp3s on an old ipaq but not enough to survive on. If someone would be interested in burning some archives onto dvd or cd for me I would pay for the disk/shipping.. PM me if interested.

<a href="http://www.myspace.com/cthulhubunny>I'm</a> not a fed.

cthulhubunny

No way dude. No narc here.

Erasmus

This site has a huge amount of episodes for download, and if you can't find what you want, the people there can usually hook you up. http://www.gmms.ca/coast/index.html

Just go to the archives section for the listings.  They even have episodes of that show Dreamland that Art used to do.

Quote from: Erasmus on November 01, 2008, 08:28:45 AM
This site has a huge amount of episodes for download, and if you can't find what you want, the people there can usually hook you up. http://www.gmms.ca/coast/index.html

Just go to the archives section for the listings.  They even have episodes of that show Dreamland that Art used to do.

Holy shit! This is the motherload! Thanks!  :o

coastfan

I love old Art Bell archived shows, but I have limited internet access and can't listen to streaming shows. However, I can download MP3 files.

Is it possible for any of you Art Bell streamers to upload (possibly by request of specific dates) to this website?

http://coast.gmms.ca/#page_home.html

Thank you.

coastfan

MV/Liberace!

i just caught this thread.  sorry about that.

if you have specific shows in mind you'd like to hear, then make a request.  people are free to attach shows in posts if they like.  no problems there.

Hello,

I am curious as to what might be floating around out there. The earliest shows I have are from 1993. Anybody have any recordings of Coast to Coast shows that were originally broadcast in 1992 or earlier?

I'd actually like to know this as well. The earliest in my collection is Al Bielick from 1993.

MV/Liberace!

oddly enough, i have only two shows from 1993:  the al bielik show, and ghost to ghost.  if you guys have anything you want to throw my way, shoot it on over.   i'd love to add some more vintage stuff to the stream.

mylesstam

I remember reading many years ago that Art sold the rights to the early shows and I don't think Clear Channel owns them. I could be wrong. In 1993 Wikipedia says the show was syndicated. Art Bell was doing a late night radio show about politics on the Las Vegas station KDWN (as most people know) and he started to move to the paranormal. Robert Bigelow financed The Area 2000 radio show in 1992 but pulled the financing I think after a year. Art bell thought there was a future and Coast to Coast AM was syndicated. Not really sure when Dreamland was created but Premier radio canceled it in 2002 after they bought one of the media companies that owned the rights.

I could read up more but this paragraph will help people understand some of the history of who owned C2C AM "On the content side, Premier Radio Networks bought Hot Mix Radio Network, Inc., the producer of seven nationally syndicated "dance mix" radio programs, Chancellor Broadcasting Co., Inc. and Talk Radio Network, Inc., syndicators of Art Bell's network radio programs, "Coast-to-Coast AM" and "Dreamland," and 17 other talk radio programs. " All precipitated by the 1996 Telecommunications Act which has brought us the very one dimensional corporate propaganda driven public airwaves the USA has in 2010.

My earliest show on file is 1993 - Ghost 2 Ghost.

ArtBellFan

broadcast.com had the rights to the early shows, Art mentioned on air once he didn't buy them because they wanted some outrageous price...there is the possibility that they have been destroyed..

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ArtBellFan on August 12, 2010, 08:27:01 PM
broadcast.com had the rights to the early shows, Art mentioned on air once he didn't buy them because they wanted some outrageous price...there is the possibility that they have been destroyed..
or they could now be owned by yahoo. I think broadcast.com was one of yahoo's many failed acquisitions. Correct me if I'm wrong.

mylesstam

After a small web search I think the Broadcast.com thing is correct. On this page under special interest it says Art Bell - http://web.archive.org/web/19981203001402/www.broadcast.com/advertising/site_channels.stm. If you go to the page under special interest it is copy written from 1997. They have a list of shows from May 1996 to Jan 1999. Just an interesting note in my opinion. Art Bell cashed in on the whole internet thing back in the day.