• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Meanwhile in Texas...

Started by GravitySucks, May 01, 2017, 03:42:03 PM

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 18, 2018, 06:57:56 PM
He didn't kill himself and didn't even try the more cowardice 'suicide by cop.' Also some of these politically convenient shooters who are killed are done so in somewhat mysterious ways. The BLM shooter up in Dallas was, maybe, killed by a 'robocop' robot deal. The shooter in LV had some amazing shooting capacity  in terms of rounds and weapons for a single-shooter but considering the weaponry a low kill rate but his suicide looked pretty clean. And weird that that photo was released but the LVPD are still complaining that releasing other details to the public are "a burden." The other problem- we will see with this loser- is that many of these bombers, shooters, etc, whether Muslim, angry white guys, or crazy teenage losers, are known to the family, school, local PD, often even the FBI and State authorities. But you have things like Obama policy for criminal students, the FBI worrying about "profiling," agencies allowing crazy people to roam the street, or people not believing that "their crazy" will do something or "it can't happen here." The media coverage and glee with which the media and certain politicians or pressure groups greet shootings, especially a school shooting- not so much coverage or comments on the daily shootings in an urban area, or all the veteran suicides, or 'family annihilators,' mean copycats happen. "I'll be famous" "Hey, thanks a good way to get back at people" etc.

All those pixels wasted. Nothing will change. Fun fact.. 41% of all guns sold are not subject to a background check...and another fun fact. There have been 43 school shootings this year.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 07:02:47 PM

All those pixels wasted. Nothing will change. Fun fact.. 41% of all guns sold are not subject to a background check...and another fun fact. There have been 43 school shootings this year.
Ah the UK expert on guns in the USA.  ;) How, pray tell, do you know if precisely "41% of all guns sold are not subject to a background check?" An oddly convenient round-number, especially considering most global gun sales are done via procurement programs by the foreign governments, police departments, DOD procurements, all of which have many documents around them. Maybe edit your fake stat? Say "civilian sales" or "domestic sales" or "non governmental or non military" "or "US gun sales" or something- whatever qualifier- that makes your fake stat sound at least a bit more credible? Also, another hint, when making up stats it can help to not have a clean, round number. I get you, or whatever activist group came up with that number, figured 41% sounds better than 40% but, really, going with a 41.46% or something is better. Also, like with illegals, how can you claim to know when some sales are illegal and thusly not reported?

Frankly it is amazing that there have only been 43 school shootings considering the open border, diversity of the country, the amount of guns (legal and otherwise,) the extent of terrorism, criminal gangs, Hollywood programming, drug use (legal and otherwise,) broken families, and sheer number of schools and size of the country. If true, like your other 'fact' this needs to be verified, it is way too much, of course!
I also disagree, I think it would be possible for guns to get banned ala UK or OZ. There would be some push-back but I think like a lot of other things: urbanization, foreigners moving here (legally or otherwise,) more mass shootings (for whatever reason,) and the power of Hollywood could turn attitudes towards lots of things, including guns. But also free speech, etc. Already many people accept 4th Amendment etc being done away with, etc.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 18, 2018, 07:16:41 PM
Ah the UK expert on guns in the USA.  ;) How, pray tell, do you know if precisely "41% of all guns sold are not subject to a background check?" An oddly convenient round-number, especially considering most global gun sales are done via procurement programs by the foreign governments, police departments, DOD procurements, all of which have many documents around them. Maybe edit your fake stat?

40 or 42 would be a round number. And if you think it's 'fake' go ahead and prove it is. I don't give a fuck.

Say "civilian sales" or "domestic sales" or "non governmental or non military" "or "US gun sales" or something- whatever qualifier- that makes your fake stat sound at least a bit more credible? Also, another hint, when making up stats it can help to not have a clean, round number. I get you, or whatever activist group came up with that number, figured 41% sounds better than 40% but, really, going with a 41.46% or something is better. Also, like with illegals, how can you claim to know when some sales are illegal and thusly not reported?

Frankly it is amazing that there have only been 43 school shootings considering the open border, diversity of the country, the amount of guns (legal and otherwise,) the extent of terrorism, criminal gangs, Hollywood programming, drug use (legal and otherwise,) broken families, and sheer number of schools and size of the country. If true, like your other 'fact' this needs to be verified, it is way too much, of course!
I also disagree, I think it would be possible for guns to get banned ala UK or OZ. There would be some push-back but I think like a lot of other things: urbanization, foreigners moving here (legally or otherwise,) more mass shootings (for whatever reason,) and the power of Hollywood could turn attitudes towards lots of things, including guns. But also free speech, etc. Already many people accept 4th Amendment etc being done away with, etc.

Blah blah blah...Welcome ladies and gents to why the epidemic will never be resolved, because the target (pun intended) is missed every fucking time. Guns won't get banned because the NRA run the joint, they make the rules-It was made illegal to even let data to be collected on gun deaths, lobbied by the NRA.

Asuka Langley

Private sales are legal it's not a loop hole, all new guns sold by dealers have to go though a background check. There is nothing stopping people from making homemade guns and even if there was a law against it they wouldn't stop being made.

albrecht

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 07:23:03 PM
40 or 42 would be a round number. And if you think it's 'fake' go ahead and prove it is. I don't give a fuck.

Blah blah blah...Welcome ladies and gents to why the epidemic will never be resolved, because the target (pun intended) is missed every fucking time. Guns won't get banned because the NRA run the joint, they make the rules-It was made illegal to even let data to be collected on gun deaths, lobbied by the NRA.
Because you came up with some stat? "41% of all gun sales?" Don't be angry about it, learn from it. Consider it a learning opportunity: when making up stats have decimals and veer on the low side. For believability's sake. Not many things in a world with many variables will be 100% or direct causation. It also -I know this is amazing- but important to source your figure. I'm not asking for footnotes and Chicago Manual of Style (or Oxford) form but even a casual reference to the source (even if the source is fake or methodology is not sound- most people won't look but assume your source is valid!) And due to psychology, for whatever reason, many people are attracted to certain numbers and patterns: why emergency lines, national id numbers, telephone exchanges, and item pricing will use certain combinations of numbers, artificial lower ($.99 versus $1.00) and so on. So when faking stats consider those. They will look more believable. I hope this helps you in your fake stat endeavors.

Yorkshire pud

Quote from: albrecht on May 18, 2018, 07:55:56 PM
Because you came up with some stat? "41% of all gun sales?" Don't be angry about it, learn from it. Consider it a learning opportunity: when making up stats have decimals and veer on the low side. For believability's sake. Not many things in a world with many variables will be 100% or direct causation. It also -I know this is amazing- but important to source your figure. I'm not asking for footnotes and Chicago Manual of Style (or Oxford) form but even a casual reference to the source (even if the source is fake or methodology is not sound- most people won't look but assume your source is valid!) And due to psychology, for whatever reason, many people are attracted to certain numbers and patterns: why emergency lines, national id numbers, telephone exchanges, and item pricing will use certain combinations of numbers, artificial lower ($.99 versus $1.00) and so on. So when faking stats consider those. They will look more believable. I hope this helps you in your fake stat endeavors.

Say you're right....Now what?  Are you going to offer thoughts and prayers or what? How many school kids murdered in a calendar year is too many? Clearly the current amount isn't. If it was, something would be done about it...Neither McConnel nor Ryan has said a word...zilch. Not even the thoughts and prayers "Hey, what do you want? We're the NRA's bitches" woeful abdication of responsibility.

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 18, 2018, 06:30:42 PM
Ten deaths are too many. All the more reason to get rid of the semis, automatics. It could have been worse. These shooters are all basically suicidal, they can accomplish that with one bullet.

My point is taking semi's and auto's out of circulation would have done nothing to prevent this particular shooting. That is never going to happen anyway.  People aren't going to turn in their guns. It's a pointless argument because it is not feasible.

albrecht

Quote from: 21st Century Man on May 18, 2018, 11:26:40 PM
My point is taking semi's and auto's out of circulation would have done nothing to prevent this particular shooting. That is never going to happen anyway.  People aren't going to turn in their guns. It's a pointless argument because it is not feasible.
Maybe. Think of how social changes have happened, and how quickly. And consider an open-border and urbanization.  Look at what used to be and now. Hollywood, games, media, public school programs. If things, once considered basic, common like gender can change? Why not natural rights or Consitutional rights mentioned thereby? Look at all the rights not wanted. The people legal, or otherwise, with no concept of our history or ideas of language. Things can "turn" quicker than some might expect. Even "legally" in a corrupted judicial system amd embeddded bureacracy and over aggrandized Executive.....

Jackstar

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 06:39:30 PM
what about being a counsellor to the parents of children who have had their limbs and heads blown off?

I was born for that job. Bring them on.

Quote from: Yorkshire pud on May 18, 2018, 09:06:54 PM
How many school kids murdered in a calendar year is too many?

Where was all this concern when school kids were being murdered in Vietnam for no fucking reason? You're a joke, fuck off.

Jackstar

Quote from: Lt.Uhura on May 18, 2018, 06:30:42 PM
All the more reason to get rid of the semis, automatics.

HEY BEDPAN JOCKEY, WHAT PART OF '3D PRINTING TECHNOLOGY' DO YOU NOT FUCKING UNDERSTAND? GROW UP.

albrecht

Witnesses open fire on 89-year-old man accused of running over homeless woman

http://cbsaustin.com/news/local/witnesses-shoot-to-try-and-stop-crime

albrecht

Baseball size hail the other day in North Texas, "sounded like God throwing rocks."

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2018/06/06/severe-storms-baseball-size-hail-hit-north-texas/

albrecht

http://www.kxan.com/news/texas/photos-big-snake-found-slithering-in-bathroom-drawers/1231959904
Good snake and even eats rattlers along with vermin.

https://www.statesman.com/news/the-president-missing-not-downtown-austin-where-clinton-was-spotted-monday/B6ui6GE64qQIslmAxwAHZP/Somehow

I doubt Ol' Bill will be hitting on a homosexual waiter like Obama did when he was here....but since I guess Hillary away I'm sure he will play.

GravitySucks

Fourth time this year a Democrat has alleged voter fraud in a democrat primary. But when they run in a general election they claim there can be no voter fraud.  Which is it?

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/06/12/texas-democrat-pins-primary-loss-on-voter-fraud/

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on June 12, 2018, 09:05:20 AM
Fourth time this year a Democrat has alleged voter fraud in a democrat primary. But when they run in a general election they claim there can be no voter fraud.  Which is it?

http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2018/06/12/texas-democrat-pins-primary-loss-on-voter-fraud/
Here in the People's Republic of Austin they probably will be cutting checks for illegals to vote next. Currently they are planning to pay voters to vote for them, which is bad enough. Take tax-payer money and redistributed it to people to vote?

https://texasmonitor.org/controversial-democracy-voucher-program-may-be-coming-to-austin-soon/

https://texasmonitor.org/austin-voting-voucher-program-plans-to-use-taxpayer-funds-scraps-austin-energy-deal/

Metron2267

Quote from: Taaroa on June 06, 2018, 09:33:36 PM
Hail can be difficult to detect with weather radars.
I'm sure it can be, but I'm also sure that routing between two cells that are painted red and yellow isn't as smart as taking a more southerly route by the larger gapped green cell.

:-\

Will somebody do us all a favor and start arresting these politicians?

'Freedom city'? Going beyond 'sanctuary,' Austin, Texas, vows to curtail arrests

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-austin-freedom-city-2018-story.html

paladin1991

Quote from: 21st Century Man on June 20, 2018, 02:03:58 AM
Will somebody do us all a favor and start arresting these politicians?

'Freedom city'? Going beyond 'sanctuary,' Austin, Texas, vows to curtail arrests

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-austin-freedom-city-2018-story.html
\

I'm waiting for the shooting to begin.

Taaroa

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 18, 2018, 04:24:39 PM
I'm sure it can be, but I'm also sure that routing between two cells that are painted red and yellow isn't as smart as taking a more southerly route by the larger gapped green cell.

:-\

Their weather radar works a bit differently in the air to the ones that are on the ground, so although in hindsight we can say "oh, why didn't they go this way?" that 'safer' route might've appeared to them to be uncertain/dangerous. I'd guess that since the radar can only penetrate so far, they picked that route because within their range they could see it became clear as opposed to an uncertain distance in the 'lighter' stuff (that might've been hiding something nasty too)

Metron2267

Quote from: Taaroa on June 20, 2018, 02:51:17 AM
Their weather radar works a bit differently in the air to the ones that are on the ground, so although in hindsight we can say "oh, why didn't they go this way?" that 'safer' route might've appeared to them to be uncertain/dangerous. I'd guess that since the radar can only penetrate so far, they picked that route because within their range they could see it became clear as opposed to an uncertain distance in the 'lighter' stuff (that might've been hiding something nasty too)

Do they not have access to terrestrial radar systems as well?

You'd think that a quick overlay or A:B comparison to NWS land feeds would be sensible.

Taaroa

Quote from: Metron2267 on June 20, 2018, 08:52:28 AM
Do they not have access to terrestrial radar systems as well?

You'd think that a quick overlay or A:B comparison to NWS land feeds would be sensible.
No they don't (unless they somehow have an internet connection), but I don't think that would be something you could rely on for navigation anyway due to time delays and their limitations.

Metron2267

Quote from: Taaroa on June 20, 2018, 10:34:39 AM
No they don't (unless they somehow have an internet connection), but I don't think that would be something you could rely on for navigation anyway due to time delays and their limitations.

But most planes do have internet connections and the delay from a terrestrial radar isn't significant.

Consider how many lives could have been saved had that Air France from Brazil done the same.

In fact most any cell phone with a radar app will work aloft, and work real well too.

albrecht

Quote from: albrecht on May 11, 2018, 08:41:38 PM
I hope you enjoy some whiskey, cigars, and tacos and wield your guns so those kids keep off your lawn!
http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/richard-overton-oldest-living-veteran-turns-112/1173071402
"The oldest living World War II veteran and oldest living man in the U.S. turns 112 Friday, and his family and friends are celebrating by inviting everyone to stop by and see him.Richard Overton, born in 1906, still lives in east Austin in the house he built 72 years ago. Overton moved into the house, now on a street named after him, in 1946, and still spends his days on his front porch, smoking cigars and drinking whiskey."

https://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/thieves-drain-richard-overton-s-personal-bank-account/1273914766
AUSTIN (KXAN) â€" Austin supercentenarian and the nation's oldest living man, Richard Overton, is the victim of identity theft that left his bank account empty, family says.
Someone used his account to purchase savings bonds with Treasury Direct, Richard's cousin Volma Overton Jr. said. He added that the purchases had been happening for a "couple of months."

albrecht

"A Caldwell County construction worker was charged with deadly conduct and criminal trespass of a habitation after accusations that he bit the rattle off a rattlesnake, such as on these western diamondbacks, and then hid the silenced snake in his neighbor’s home. TAMIR KALIFA FOR AMERICAN-STATESMAN"

https://www.statesman.com/news/local/police-caldwell-county-man-uses-rattlesnake-neighbor-dispute/DVj8scDWZaGVJPKQsUdWSM/