• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20131009 - Andrew Karam - Fukushima/Yucca Mtn.

Started by MV/Liberace!, October 09, 2013, 02:52:30 PM

Cynnie

Quote from: awake on October 10, 2013, 03:05:39 PM
I dunno Cynnie the posts from last night were just not my cup of tea.  No sense of humor just kinda nasty.  I can do without that.  Plus it leaves more room on my screen to read your humorous posts!!   :D

Aww shucks :)

I likey when others go batshit crazy ..
Makes me feel soooo sane and superior
I need that

awake

Quote from: Cynnie on October 10, 2013, 06:12:11 PM
Aww shucks :)

I likey when others go batshit crazy ..
Makes me feel soooo sane and superior
I need that
I hadn't looked at it from that perspective.  And per your mention I checked and most of my ignore list inductees were from the clonazepam era so I cleared out the list.  See!  You are helping me already.  I need you as my life coach.

Falkie2013

Quote from: Spooky Matter on October 10, 2013, 03:47:20 PM
Yes I understand I got weird last night and I do apologize.  A real one without any follow up.  Glad for those who Ignored me.  MV could delete the page I'm mostly whining on or not.  I was overtired couldn't sleep third night in a row and got irritated to an absurd degree.  Sorry Steel, sorry those who thought I was nasty, sorry all others and sorry Art Bell.  I was not a vicious critic, I was a a nasty critic.  I don't normally cuss either and though I'm not going back to read what I said I take you at your words that it sucks.

My BF is not talking to me either.  I'm the, and I quote, "insomniac monster."  :-[

" Insomniac monsters and the men who love them. Next on Dr. Phil. "

I thought ALL of us were insomniac monsters.
That's why we listened to Art.
Someone needs to make a cartoon and a plush of that and send it to Serta.
You'd make a mint with the residuals.

Cynnie

Quote from: Falkie2013 on October 10, 2013, 06:44:01 PM
" Insomniac monsters and the men who love them. Next on Dr. Phil. "

I thought ALL of us were insomniac monsters.
That's why we listened to Art.
Someone needs to make a cartoon and a plush of that and send it to Serta.
You'd make a mint with the residuals.

Im not insomniac , i sleep like a baby at night .
So i gots to nap so i can prepare for dark matters ..and it doesnt help that i have to be at work at5 or 6 in the morning :(

area51drone

About an hour into this show so far.  Awesome guest.  I love it when people know what they're talking about and it is actually true stuff.   Art, as always, is great at asking good questions.

area51drone

Hmm..  just got to callers.  Regarding nuclear fusion - hasn't this guy heard of ITER?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ITER

area51drone

That poor guy living in Alabama.    Sure Andrew knows how to test, but let's say you've lived there your whole life and you don't know how to test for contamination.  Not to mention, saying "I hope the department of energy remembers me when they are putting in water"...  good luck!  That could take years.  I highly doubt Andrew would live there as he claims.

steelbot

Quote from: area51drone on October 11, 2013, 05:53:52 AM
That poor guy living in Alabama.    Sure Andrew knows how to test, but let's say you've lived there your whole life and you don't know how to test for contamination.  Not to mention, saying "I hope the department of energy remembers me when they are putting in water"...  good luck!  That could take years.  I highly doubt Andrew would live there as he claims.

Andy has been posting on that other site up through today it looks like - http://darkmatterxm.com/threads/dark-matter-10-9-art-bell-interviews-dr-andrew-karam.136/page-10
I felt he was the most honest guest Art's had on yet. (besides Michio, as I just love that guy! - No Homo!)

George Drooly

Again, just catching up with this show myself - and again, not having read all the pages of responses here - the guest rubbed me the wrong way. He sounds somewhat knowledgeable, but something was "off" in a way that increased the more I listened to him. This might be a superficial response, but WTF is up with adult men who sound like giggling teenage boys? I'm sorry, but that sort of demeanor does not inspire confidence in you authority or intelligence; like Meador, this fellow seems like a charlatan, or at the least unsure of himself in a weaselly way. Will have to research the guest's "bona fides" (as Wells would say, har) further.

But yes, Art needs to step up the guest selection or make an effort at being more critical -- especially with guests dealing with hard science like this.