• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Your Favorite George Carlin Bits

Started by MV/Liberace!, June 27, 2008, 07:13:07 PM

MV/Liberace!

unlike the other george, this george was incomparably talented, IMO.

i am a huge carlin fan.  i own all of his albums and books and i have several of his HBO specials on dvd, etc.  he was one of those guys who just seemed like they would never die.  guess i was wrong.

one of the best things about carlin was his ability to take a seemingly complex issue and boil it down verbally in a way that was brilliant in both its simplicity and accuracy.

i wanted to suggest that those of you who are familiar with carlin's work go to youtube (or elsewhere) and find a clip of your favorite carlin bit to post here.  here's mine:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=N9_v-o_eFps

I loved a ton of Carlin's stuff, thought he was a genius, and agreed with 98% of his philosophies.  AM&FM and Toledo Window Box are my favorite albums since they were my first.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=29UjIVCQS3s

MV/Liberace!

by the way... for those of you who might be uncertain as to how you can add a youtube video to your post, click here:
http://coastgab.com/index.php/topic,20.0.html

EvB

The short of it is - don't use EMBED.  Just paste the URL - but DO NOT use the URL connect button.  Leave it naked.  You can align it left, right or center - but don't need to - and nothing else is needed. 

At least - that's how it works for me!

With just the URL (from the URL window under "more" on YouTube) and a right alignment, you get this:

Sorry MV - I know it's redundant - but it gave me a chance to post "Carlin on Death" - which seemed appropriate.

EvB

Carlin refined this bit along the way - but i could not resist showing this clip from before many of you were even born.

I am a MAJOR fan - so I hope no one minds i've posted more than one clip.

Johnny Carson - Tonight Show - mid 60's

Everyone driving slower than me are idiots, everyone driving faster than me are maniacs
-GC

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Paper*Boy on February 04, 2013, 05:43:57 AM
Everyone driving slower than me are idiots, everyone driving faster than me are maniacs
-GC

Heh heh, love that one.

Mels-hole1984

" That's it, I'm hanging myself and Walmarts paying for it."

George Carlin - Suicide 2005 (Suicid)[RO SUB][uskro]

By far this is one of my favorites.

JC Collins

Man, i wish we could vote on comments.

hehe ...

scottydawg

My fav was one of his early works was the Hippy dippy weatherman. He talks about a radar image of an approaching thunderstorm, but the says, "And the Radar is also picking up a squadron of Russian ICBM's so don't sweat the thunderstorm!"
It was very funny to me because my uncle was stationed at a SAC base.

onan

Quote from: scottydawg on August 07, 2013, 05:07:56 PM
My fav was one of his early works was the Hippy dippy weatherman. He talks about a radar image of an approaching thunderstorm, but the says, "And the Radar is also picking up a squadron of Russian ICBM's so don't sweat the thunderstorm!"
It was very funny to me because my uncle was stationed at a SAC base.

My absolute favorite is when he suggested replacing the word kill with the word fuck in movie dialogue.

"Alright sheriff, we are gonna fuck ya now, but we are gonna fuck ya slow."

ksm32

In his (Complaints & Grievances) show he suddenly blurts out...."and I'm getting really sicka guy'z named Todd" "ya know, it's just a goofy fuckin name"

That never get's old, and, I have never met a "Todd" that I liked. >:(

WildCard

“I have solved this political dilemma in a very direct way: I don’t vote. On Election Day, I stay home. I firmly believe that if you vote, you have no right to complain. Now, some people like to twist that around. They say, ‘If you don’t vote, you have no right to complain,’ but where’s the logic in that? If you vote, and you elect dishonest, incompetent politicians, and they get into office and screw everything up, you are responsible for what they have done. You voted them in. You caused the problem. You have no right to complain. I, on the other hand, who did not vote â€" who did not even leave the house on Election Day â€" am in no way responsible for what these politicians have done and have every right to complain about the mess that you created.”
â€" George Carlin