• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Anomalies Audio Archive?

Started by coastfan, December 03, 2010, 06:31:08 PM

coastfan

Anyone here visit Anomolous Archives lately? They've been down for at least a week now.

This is/was a great site for downloading classic Coast shows going back to 1993.

Chupacabra

I loved that site, I think someone on here told me that the site was going down soon, that was a couple of months ago.

:(

MV/Liberace!

if they're down for good, i'm glad i grabbed every show they had up to the year 2000.  that was just a couple months ago.

one of these days, i'm going to make my entire collection available via bittorrent.  enough dicking around.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: MV on December 04, 2010, 12:29:52 AM
if they're down for good, i'm glad i grabbed every show they had up to the year 2000.  that was just a couple months ago.

one of these days, i'm going to make my entire collection available via bittorrent.  enough dicking around.

I for one would be most grateful

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 04, 2010, 01:42:53 AM
Quote from: MV on December 04, 2010, 12:29:52 AM

I for one would be most grateful
it is coming.  secure your demonoid accounts today, ladies and gentlemen... and prepare for what awaits.  and as mentioned previously, if you require an invitation code, just ask.  i'll give one to anyone who asks.

Stevenqbosell

TBH I really want to start a "C2C Audio Trader" spot, or something very close to it. I know yahoo has those "clubs" and quite a few of those private clubs do rare audio trding (Beatles, 2pac, Michael Jackson, etc.)

I have to think, someone, somewhere is just sitting on tons of goldmine Art Bell stuff - I'd ove to get my hands of some of that, and also share the archives I have aswell...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 05, 2010, 01:58:11 AM
TBH I really want to start a "C2C Audio Trader" spot, or something very close to it. I know yahoo has those "clubs" and quite a few of those private clubs do rare audio trding (Beatles, 2pac, Michael Jackson, etc.)

I have to think, someone, somewhere is just sitting on tons of goldmine Art Bell stuff - I'd ove to get my hands of some of that, and also share the archives I have aswell...
how about if we try this?
http://groups.google.com/group/artaudio
i just created a google group called ArtAudio.

MV/Liberace!

i just sent out an email to 745 people letting them know about it.  we shall see how this works out.

Stevenqbosell

FYI I have a tendancy to favor mediafire - do you have a particular http hosting preference?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 05, 2010, 02:25:40 AM
FYI I have a tendancy to favor mediafire - do you have a particular http hosting preference?
sure don't.  perhaps i might have to set up some sort of service on my server.

fyi... i made you an "owner" in the group, so you and i have equal admin rights.

please make changes as you deem appropriate.

HAL 9000

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 05, 2010, 01:58:11 AMI have to think, someone, somewhere is just sitting on tons of goldmine Art Bell stuff - I'd ove to get my hands of some of that, and also share the archives I have aswell...

A little late now, but a few years back, I had roughly 6 GB of Art stuff from the 90's - 20's, many in .rm format, which was horrible. I finally found a real .rm to (name your format) converter, which was made to run on Win98, and was a rare lucky find. My intention was to batch convert them all, and make them available.

However, after listening to a number of samples, especially the early years, some were literally guys holding microphones up to their radios. So much of it was of such poor quality - even the torrents presently available, I deleted EVERYTHING. Oh well.

:(

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: MV on December 05, 2010, 02:31:26 AM

fyi... i made you an "owner" in the group, so you and i have equal admin rights.

Holy moly, I'm so honored... I dont plan of having children, but my next family pet will be named after you

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 05, 2010, 02:50:31 AM
Quote from: MV on December 05, 2010, 02:31:26 AM

Holy moly, I'm so honored... I dont plan of having children, but my next family pet will be named after you
haha, well, it was your idea, and i already have too much to manage.

Stevenqbosell

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 05, 2010, 02:47:16 AM
Quote from: Stevenqbosell on December 05, 2010, 01:58:11 AMI have to think, someone, somewhere is just sitting on tons of goldmine Art Bell stuff - I'd ove to get my hands of some of that, and also share the archives I have aswell...

A little late now, but a few years back, I had roughly 6 GB of Art stuff from the 90's - 20's, many in .rm format, which was horrible. I finally found a real .rm to (name your format) converter, which was made to run on Win98, and was a rare lucky find. My intention was to batch convert them all, and make them available.

However, after listening to a number of samples, especially the early years, some were literally guys holding microphones up to their radios. So much of it was of such poor quality - even the torrents presently available, I deleted EVERYTHING. Oh well.

:([/b]

I just shed a small tear; I myself had tons of that RM stuff too, and at bad Q - i myself deleted that, aswell as old cassettes that I used to have of Arthur... I'm now kicking myself, everytime I think of those deletions

ringthane

Oh god, rm/real player is bringing back memories. When i first heard about Art, around 1995, i was bummed to discover he didn't have a Pittsburgh affiliate but Art streamed his shows for FREE from his website. So I would go to work every morning and listen to that terrible feed from the night before, but it was great stuff. When I heard Dames and that speech reversal guy (Courtney Brown?) i was blown away. NOBODY was doing what Art did.

I hated that RealAudio player for the Mac though.

We thought we were cool shit back then on our 56K modems, didn't we...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: ringthane on December 05, 2010, 04:06:42 AM
When I heard Dames and that speech reversal guy (Courtney Brown?) i was blown away.
you mean david john oates.  i
interviewed him years ago.  don't hold the quality of the interview against me.  it was only the second time i had hosted a podcast.

he was a very nice guy.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: MV on December 05, 2010, 04:34:44 AM
When I heard Dames and that speech reversal guy (Courtney Brown?) i was blown away.
interviewed him years ago.  don't hold the quality of the interview against me.  it was only the second time i had hosted a podcast.

he was a very nice guy.
one more thing... there was a glitch in the recording method we employed which would cause the recording software to drop a few frames from time to time. you'll get annoyed by that.

ringthane

Quote from: MV on December 05, 2010, 04:34:44 AM

he was a very nice guy.

Oh yeah, DJO! I always liked his stuff. Courtney Brown was the alien ships are following the hale bopp comet guy. I'll have to check out your interview with Oates, I always found him very interesting.

KMKMKM

Hi everyone, first post!

I literally grew up listening to Coast to Coast AM, I believe it was 6th grade when my childhood best friend introduced me to what would turn out to be the cause of my insomnia for the past 9 years or so(obviously just weekends when I was younger).  It probably won't go as a surprise to most of you that I, too, am not a fan of the direction the show has been going the past couple years (I felt right at home when I saw a "George Noory Sucks!" thread).

Luckily, maybe a year or two ago in the deep pages of a Google search I came across the Anomalies Audio Archive (http://coast.gmms.ca).  My mind was blown.  Since then, I've built a pretty extensive catalog of Art Bell-Era shows.  And now suddenly the site is gone!  I've been checking periodically throughout the past week and I keep getting the "Server not found" message  >:( Did Clear Channel finally catch on?  Or does anyone have an idea what happened? 

I stumbled across this forum tonight and thankfully I've already found a few alternatives to the Anomalies Archive, but nothing as extensive(yet) as the collection they offered; So I'm hoping someone can shed some light!

Nevertheless, I'm glad I've finally found a site in which I can express my frustration in George Noory and the current state of Coast to Coast AM.

Thanks!

Stevenqbosell

Welcome to the site. The Anomalies site going down troubles me greatly, considering I work grave, and Art has been my savior on many nights.

KMKMKM

thank you for the reply.  Definitely a bummer, I'm realizing now how badly I took it for granted.  Anyways, I appreciate the compilations on your blog.

It may take a while(36 GB of shows :-\ ), but I would love to contribute to any sort of new online archive that is created.

also, it appears all of these are still available:
http://coasteight.4shared.com
http://coastseven.4shared.com
http://coastsix.4shared.com
http://coastfive.4shared.com
http://coastfour.4shared.com

unfortunately, the URLS for the first 3 were different.  Maybe someone has links to those?

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: HAL 9000 on December 05, 2010, 02:47:16 AM
However, after listening to a number of samples, especially the early years, some were literally guys holding microphones up to their radios.

[/color]

WOW, that's rough.

Hi all,

Just recently registered though I have been reading for a while.

I was wondering if there's any place on this board to request shows?  I just finished reading Philip Carlo's book on Richard Kuklinski, "The Ice Man".  This author was interviewed by Ian Punnet on July 22, 2006.  Now that I've finished the book I'd love to hear the interview again.  Does anyone know where I could find this show?

Thanks in advance!

C110

Hey!  I read the book the Ice Man as well after hearing the interview with Ian.  It is a great book to read.  Ian should definatley have the author on again.  I then read the book about Roy Demeo titled Murder Machine.....another great book.  I must say that there was conflicting accounts of who killed who in the books.  I think Kuklinski may have boasted and fabricated about some of his hits.  Kuklinski claimed to have killed Demeo in the book The Iceman.  However, in Murder Machine the killing of Roy Demeo is said to have been done by his own crew......Kuklinski is never mentioned in the book Murder Machine.

If Noory does the interview it will be a total waste.  Ian should be the ONLY host to do the follow up interview.......I hope the producer of Coast to Coast reads this and takes note!

C110

While I am thinking of it and not to get too much of your topic Agent Orange but you raise a great point....the shows that are great such as the Carlo interview that has more than enough info to be covered in one show you never hear another show with them.  Instead they have repeat interviews with total bores that rehash and rehash everything they say in their previous interviews....its nothing new and Noory asks the same old questions over and over with the usual time wasters such as "How is the weather up there?"  "Did you know so and so at station xoxo?"   "I had this telescope when I was a kid......."  "Wh Wh Wh Wh What do you Wh Wh What does it all mean...I mean..."  "Wh Wh Wh Why I mean... people are acting so weird lately why is that?" 

I go to Border's book store as well as Barnds and Noble at least twice a month and I can tell you that there are plenty of authors who have written great and interesting books that would fit the Coast to Coast theme that Art created.  Why they are not on Coast I do not know.

Sorry to stray from your topic but I have thought about emailing either Ian or the producers with a wish list but later thought it would probably never get read.  I think they get hundreds of ideas emailed to them but after listening to the same old same old subjects over and over they pay no attention to listeners suggestions for new guests.

Sorry if I sound like a A@@hole.

MV/Liberace!

hi, agent orange!  welcome to the forums.

if you would like to request a show, i'd recommend you try this:
http://groups.google.com/group/artaudio

Stevenqbosell

I have the "Iceman" show, will deliver it to the group shortly

In celebration, if MV throws down his ultimate torrent file, I will come through with the following:

- VHS Rip of original "Victor" alien interview documentary from 1997

- VHS rip of original "Bob Lazar Tape" 1991 (w/excerpts from Gov't Bible and Edward Teller interview)

- UFO's: Seeing is Believing VHS rip (Features segment on Art and Ramona)

And also the 60-70 hours worth of unreleased unsolved mysteries VHS rips as ISO files.

Of course, if there is already a well-seeded version of any of these on demonoid, then I wont bother with those particular files. I am pretty sure I have some more stuff buried here that you all would be interested in... I still haven't ever used the demonoid... but I damn sure will... PULL THE TRIGGER MV!

Stevenqbosell

^^^

I've seen the Bob Lazar Tape, low on production value, semi-high entertainment  value - The great parts were the Gov't Bible and the "hidden history of the world"

Now that Victor tape, I really wanna see