• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

coaster

I thought falkie had a job doing commentary on noory's Infomercial.

ItsOver

Quote from: MR. Spock on September 13, 2015, 05:36:22 PM
Art, why dont you hire Falkie to be your weekend host/guest host when you need a break? He really needs to get off of welfare. The Tax payers are tired of paying his bills. ;)
This is not logical.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 09:33:42 AM
I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are one of the nice ones. Sadly, in my experience most of the "Evangelical" community is nothing but religious hypocrites who practice the complete opposite of Jesus' teachings, have hatred and anger instead of forgiveness and love in their hearts. They are the modern day Pharasees, of whom Jesus did not approve.

I have met wonderful people of all religions and also atheists. My issue is not with their belief system, but how they act towards others because of said belief system.
A problem is them thinking that they have the 'only' way.  Them thinking that you're going to hell and they have to bring you into the flock.  Some of these people are 'nice'.  Well-intentioned.  They still would deny you the right of choice, concerning your own body.  They still would allow you to slowly drift away from some agonizing disease instead of taking a fistfull of pills to end your life. 

All these things stem from the lack of respect for you and your personal philosophy of life and thinking theirs is superior.

The only good thing I've seen is that some take the biblical calling to be caretakers of the earth seriously and some are trying to preserve our planet.  Others, though, are just jerks and think the quicker Armageddon comes the faster they'll see Jesus. 

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 05:39:35 PM
Noory is giving him his own show.

Dave sure knows how to spot talent! Falkie's obviously a good choice to do a show, unlike Hoagland.

MR. Spock

Quote from: b_dubb on September 13, 2015, 05:39:37 PM
This isn't a good idea and it definitely isn't funny. Boo.
Im sorry if you dont like it B_Dubb, As a tax payer of California, its not a good Idea of paying a fat piece of shit for doing nothing. Lets Falkie earn his money. Its the only logical thing to do. If art does not what him thats fine. But Falkie needs a Job. I will put more comments about Falkie in the Falkie thread.

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on September 13, 2015, 05:44:32 PM
Dave sure knows how to spot talent! Falkie's obviously a good choice to do a show, unlike Hoagland.

Hey, 45 youtube subscribers can't be wrong!

Quote from: MR. Spock on September 13, 2015, 05:44:51 PM
Im sorry if you dont like it B_Dubb, As a tax payer of California, its not a good Idea of paying a fat piece of shit for doing nothing. Lets Falkie earn his money. Its the only logical thing to do. If art does not what him thats fine. But Falkie needs a Job. I will put more comments about Falkie in the Falkie thread.

Hey, don't clutter up the Falkie thread with comments about Falkie.  ;)

coaster

Quote from: MR. Spock on September 13, 2015, 05:44:51 PM
I will put more comments about Falkie in the Falkie thread.
Yeah, this is the art bell thread, not the bellgab dumpster.

CornyCrow

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on September 13, 2015, 05:19:06 PM
Oh, that wasn't the real God, that was a race of space aliens pretending to be God. The real God is something unfathomable for the most part.

Hey Corny Crow, we're both going to get our asses spanked if we keep derailing Art's thread.
[/b]

Yeah. I don't sit here all day, so when I do look at the thread sometimes I have no idea of how much conversation has been going on since I last looked and I respond to something that was posted a long time ago.  Sorry.

indigoo

Quote from: MichaelFromVA on September 13, 2015, 07:29:07 AM
I've soured on Hoagland recently.  I want him to stay in full crazy mode and not the Hollywood/science fiction shows.  It's also ridiculous when he starts talking politics.  I don't care or want to hear Hoagie's opinion on anything political.  It makes me kill the stream immediately.

Space woo is great.  HP Lovecraft?  Eh, no thanks, Richard.
The problem with the HP Lovecraft show was the guest, honestly. The idea is amazing, and I'm not sure if you're already a fan, but there are a bunch of others way more qualified to talk about Lovecraft, his role now, his role when he was writing, and his extremely unique perspective as a rationalist writing weird fiction. Even though the guy was a fellow UB alum, he was just not someone that really could sell Lovecraft as he should be to the non-believers.

He made a few good statements, I will say that.

But in terms of Hoagland, I prefer more shows like Levenda and Tim Wallace-Murphy. The subject matter from Tim is so intriguing, and Levenda's stories were just amazing.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 04:56:29 PM
Jeez, relax I did not say I was leaving I was just pointing out to those of you who wrote that you thought I might leave because of a few critics. I have never cared what people say about what I do or experiment with. I was trying to point out what is important to me and what is not.

Art

oh my goodness, that was a close call.. Wifey you can take your head out of the oven and turn off the gas... Art isn't quitting! 

nika01

Jeez, relax I did not say I was leaving I was just pointing out to those of you who wrote that you thought I might leave because of a few critics. I have never cared what people say about what I do or experiment with. I was trying to point out what is important to me and what is not.

Art

Art,

If you only worked a couple days a week I believe it would be fine for most. Just knowing that you would be there occasionally would be a panacea. Honestly , your family is more important than radio, if it comes to that someday. I'm sure you already know what I'm saying. A certain number of loudmouths would throw a rod, but nothing is forever. I do hope you are on in some capacity as long as you want to be. Real, supportive fans should feel no different and be supportive.

WhiteCrow

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 02:06:00 PM
Still like the Raiders but we are more of a Green Bay Family now and for the last few Years.
Art

Thanks Art... for derailing 'yer' thread once again

The Green Bay Packers' small town appeal, history/legacy, winning record and public ownership does have a lot of built-in likability.
Roger's earned his Pay/MVP status today... carried the game!

Freyja

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 03:05:54 PM
Like I said, the only factor in how long I can do this is not critical comments, but how it effects my ability to spend time with my family. It is really upside down, I am usually up till at least 3AM and Asia gets up at 6AM for school, As a rule I sleep till Noon, so there is not much time left for what really counts.

Art

Quote from: Art BellWell here is the deal, even a younger person must adjust your day to do a show that is 9PM-12AM, meaning you can not make it the end of your day but more like the middle of your day. Plus I drink Coffee to be as alert as I must be. I am not complaining but just explaining.

The show is fun but the price is pretty high at the personal level. If it ever comes to it I might just turn it over to the right person or just keep doing it.

At any rate feel free to always say anything you feel about any show you have strong feelings about, does not bother me a bit.

Art

Quote from: Art Bell

Re: Art Bell
« Reply #56555 on: Today at 05:56:29 PM »

Art

Art, I think it is beyond any reasonable doubt how much we all here are more than elated to have you back.

For one, who usually is more than careful and specific with your words, both in the written and on air, I am astounded that you are surprised with the reaction you received.

You chose the time for the airing of MITD, 9:00 p.m. to 12:00 a.m. PST. I am sure this must have been a well thought out decision from you on many fronts: the impact it would have on your family life, the best time slot for the show on many fronts ie running against Dave/other similar genre programs, most conducive time for genre/mood etc. 

As a mother and a single parent for many years, and although I understand how important quality time is with family, I have to ask why are you telling us all of this and why now, especially when what you write above seems like an obvious consideration and choice on your part? What did you expect the reaction would be?

None of us, including I have the right to tell you what to do or when/how to do it, however it seems to me that if Asia is in school all day Monday to Friday. You say you wake up at noon, the show starts at 9:00 p.m., therefore I would assume there is a chunk of quality time left in your work week. Most working parents have far less as often for myself and those whom I know,  I/we didn't get home from work until 6:00 or 7:00 p.m., after leaving for work before 7:00 a.m. and our children had to be in bed by 8:30 for the next school day. I also understand there is much prep work that must be done for the program.

OK, all of the above aside, and I have already stuck my neck out big time by what I have written here, however I will be honest. When I first read your first post that I quoted, the first thing that came to mind was...oh, no...here we go again.

Most "criticism" you receive here is constructive IOHO, given with perhaps sometimes perceived as vaguely unlovable love, as we all care about you and the success of MITD with the hope that we will have the gift and pleasure of sharing many more nights with you on the air as long as you are willing to do the program and that you are still having fun.

Why would you even post such a thing, if you are not thinking of giving MITD up or handing it over to someone else?...why?

...and o.k. gabbers....I'm ready...

Art's quitting on the 23rd! Quitting! Doomsday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Art Bell

I said what I said because people were speculating that I was going to quit because of critical comments, I thought I already explained this a couple of times already?

Art

Art Bell

It is far better to read what I say I am going to do as opposed to thinking out loud which I have always done here. If I am going to stop for some reason that is what I will say, trust me I will not leave you in doubt.

Art

chefist

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 08:02:12 PM
I said what I said because people were speculating that I was going to quit because of critical comments, I thought I already explained this a couple of times already?

Art

Art, I've taken a break from BG recently and can say I never interpreted  from your posts that you were considering quiting.

It's easy for fans to get queasy I suppose...

Keep up the great entertainment!

SaucyRossy

Why are all Dallas and New York games so boring?

coaster

Quote from: SaucyRossy on September 13, 2015, 08:09:19 PM
It has been a snorefest.

coaster

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 08:02:12 PM

Art
I think one person speculates, and it snowballs from there. Don't ever quit. I mean, maybe after a hundred years or so. Even then, a vacation, maybe. Until then, don't even think about it mister.

Art Bell

The Green Bay game was well worth watching!

Mild Bill

It depends if you're a Cowboys or Giants fan. Well...which is it, Ross?

Or are you neither.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Art Bell on September 13, 2015, 08:27:08 PM
The Green Bay game was well worth watching!

Yeah that was a great one.

SaucyRossy

Quote from: Mild Bill on September 13, 2015, 08:39:01 PM
It depends if you're a Cowboys or Giants fan. Well...which is it, Ross?

Or are you neither.

Definitely neither.

eddie dean

It's been low scoring & each team looks rusty.
I'm glad there was a US Open tennis final to flip to when the game got boring.

ItsOver

I used to love pro football but somewhere along the line I lost most of my interest.  However, I still love college football.  It just seems more exciting and interesting to me.  I'm glad the season is on!

Art

That makes sense, thanks for the clarification

Quote from: b_dubb on September 13, 2015, 05:39:37 PM
This isn't a good idea and it definitely isn't funny. Boo.

Lol

Because over the years they've been the featured games on TV waay too often, and people are tired of them?