• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 03, 2017, 01:22:12 AM

re "Skin in the game" - does Pud have.
Also, supporting you here Pud, there are deep links between the Far Right Nationalist interests the world over, particularly between the UK and US. Billionaire Robert Mercer and his Analitics. Co. for example, was mega involved in Britain's Brexit goings-on, he was also Trumps largest contributor, and a huge backer of Britebart/Bannon etc. Very similar things have recently (and are still) going on in Britain but/and are far worse in the U.S. This is an international problem (far right nationalism and it's low-intellect user base). and is a joint (global) effort to combat. I recon that Pud is doing (major) volunteer charitable Humanitarian Assistance/Aid work here at Bellgab. I would give Pud a Humanitarian Service medal if I could, seriously. So I say; Thank You Yorkshire Pud, publicly.

Meister
Ha. What a weird post. As an interesting aside has anyone else noticed that wikipedia has replaced the stock-footage of Evola from the one who looked almost exactly like Sascha-Baron Cohen, which always struck me as a bizarre similarity or a prank- by him, or another one?  Haha.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 03, 2017, 01:26:10 AM

I am an Earthling first -- so fuck you.

People on this planet live in sovereign countries. There isn't and won't be a world government.  :D

albrecht

Quote from: GravitySucks on March 03, 2017, 01:26:17 AM
I will beat the lefties to it...

http://www.indystar.com/story/news/politics/2017/03/02/pence-used-personal-email-state-business----and-hacked/98604904/
Ha. AOL? These politicians.  Then again the OPM, military, DoS, and who knows what else was hacked or leaked under Obama. With no media recriminations AND with the government telling us they need more data mining and monitoring of citizens?

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: TigerLily on March 03, 2017, 01:58:31 AM
Lock him up! If for nothing else than for still using aol

Couldn't find any dead people and the people missing them today?  :)

Dr. MD MD

People are asking why would Flynn step down? Why would Sessions recuse himself? In short, why does the Trump administration seem so cool with all this? I think it boils down to some more 4D chess moves. They're going to let them spin their wheels and when, after all that money and time is spent and nothing comes of it, Trump will be able to use it in his next round of campaigning by saying essentially, See how obstructionist the Democrats were AND how much of YOUR money they wasted?! It'll go a long way to once again demonstrate to the country how out of touch and insensitive to working class people they are and they're already in ruin. I'm pretty sure this is what's going on.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2017, 02:32:31 AM
People are asking why would Flynn step down? Why would Sessions recuse himself? In short, why does the Trump administration seem so cool with all this? I think it boils down to some more 4D chess moves. They're going to let them spin their wheels and when, after all that money and time is spent and nothing comes of it, Trump will be able to use it in his next round of campaigning by saying essentially, See how obstructionist the Democrats were AND how much of YOUR money they wasted?! It'll go a long way to once again demonstrate to the country how out of touch and insensitive to working class people they are and they're already in ruin. I'm pretty sure this is what's going on.

So, Trump has sacrificed a queen, a bishop and two rooks and got nothing in return. He's sacrificed tempo and any sort of positional advantage, and we are supposed to regard this as some master strategy rather than the flailings of an incompetent? Why is that the people who claim to be the most sceptical are always the most easily gulled?

By the way, still waiting for the evidence that 9/11 was an inside job, since you're so hot on hard proof.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 03, 2017, 02:37:30 AM
So, Trump has sacrificed a queen, a bishop and two rooks and got nothing in return.

How do you figure all those pieces?!  ???

Dr. MD MD

By the way, still waiting for the evidence that 9/11 was an inside job, since you're so hot on hard proof.

I think you're confusing me with Jackstar but you're welcome to dig. There are lots of 9/11 resources out there.  ;)

So, Trump has sacrificed a queen, a bishop and two rooks and got nothing in return. He's sacrificed tempo and any sort of positional advantage, and we are supposed to regard this as some master strategy rather than the flailings of an incompetent? Why is that the people who claim to be the most sceptical are always the most easily gulled?

That sounds like a polite way of saying what we on the sunny side of the Pond call "screwing the pooch." Now run along and decimate something. There's a good lad.

Quote from: Robert Ghostwolf's Ghost on March 03, 2017, 01:04:38 AM
If that happens we'll know without anyone having to be called out. My personal politics are a smorgasbord of different philosophies I've sampled for almost as long as you, and I will eat crow if I'm wrong if you pledge to do the same. Deal?

And just to show there are no hard feelings, I agree with your review of The Battle of the Bulge. It was pure fiction, but Bronson was at his usual unappreciated best, Telly Savalas was delightfully, yet poignantly over the top, and Mike Pence dominated the movie as Colonel Hessler.

ROTF!!  ;D  Pence sure does look like him.  It's a deal.  I'll eat crow too if I'm wrong.   If such happens I picture Pence playing himself in a film about the debacle, From Russia With Love.

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 03, 2017, 01:26:10 AM

I am an Earthling first -- so fuck you.

Well, I'm an American first so suck on that.  Globalist scum.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 03, 2017, 03:03:39 AM
Well, I'm an American first so suck on that.  Globalist scum.

Oh, goody! This is getting more and more like Star Wars all the time.  :D

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2017, 03:08:28 AM
Oh, goody! This is getting more and more like Star Wars all the time.  :D

I really can't stand that guy.  He has no charming side like Pud, SV and TL. 

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 03, 2017, 03:21:30 AM
I really can't stand that guy.  He has no charming side like Pud, SV and TL.

I know but pud has no "charming side." The most I've awarded SV is a half point for cleverness and mild amusement occasionally.  ;)

Meister_000

Trump Twitter rant from a bit earlier this night,
poor thing ~ Feb. 2, 2017
(and yes, it's a screen shot)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 03, 2017, 03:47:23 AM
Trump Twitter rant a bit earlier this night ~ Feb. 2, 2017
(and yes, it's a screen shot)

It's not even his real account.  ::)

#fakenews

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2017, 03:48:13 AM
It's not even his real account.  ::)

#fakenews

You're a laugh a minute MD.

Meister_000

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on March 03, 2017, 04:06:33 AM
And you're a fake a minute.

When a Trump supporter says something is fake it's a sure bet the referent is the genuine article. So thank you. :D

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 03, 2017, 04:18:13 AM
When a Trump supporter says something is fake it's a sure bet the referent is the genuine article. So thank you. :D
You're a self-fulfilling prophecy.  ::)

Meister_000

New York Times ~ March 3rd, 2017
Majority Rule Means the Power to Stop, Not Just Start, an Investigation

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/us/politics/majority-rule-means-the-power-to-stop-not-just-start-an-investigation.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=

[...]"Despite new questions about contacts between Attorney General Jeff Sessions and a top Russian diplomat, House and Senate Republicans remain unwilling to budge from their opposition to a special bipartisan inquiry into the extent of Russian meddling in the 2016 election, and into any connections to President Trump or those close to him. Changing their mind would probably require significant revelations of the sort that would make their current stance politically untenable.

Even as Mr. Sessions recused himself on Thursday from any such investigation by the Justice Department, his former Republican colleagues on Capitol Hill were adamant that any improper conduct â€" and they remain very skeptical that there was any â€" was best investigated by the Senate Intelligence Committee, which has already begun its work.

“The Senate Intelligence Committee is the best place to determine the facts regarding Russian involvement in our elections,” said Senator Roy Blunt of Missouri, who sits on the panel and has been more aggressive than other Republicans in calling for a thorough inquiry.

“In my opinion, it would take at least six months for any new investigation to get to where the Intelligence Committee is today, and the ability to work with the intelligence community would never equal the daily communications of our bipartisan committee,” said Mr. Blunt, who added that he intended to visit C.I.A. headquarters in the next week to personally review relevant documents.

Democrats say there is another reason Republicans favor the Intelligence Committee: Its work is conducted mainly behind closed doors, sparing Mr. Trump and his allies on Capitol Hill from a regular parade of witnesses swearing to tell the truth before sober-faced senators â€" all of it televised live on cable news and C-Span.

From the McCarthy hearings through Watergate, Iran-contra and the Clinton impeachment, the American public has become quite familiar with the tableaux of the congressional investigation and the serious business that can be involved.

Republicans would like to avoid such a scene to the extent possible. Pursuing an investigation through the Intelligence Committee arms them against complaints that they are looking the other way about the allegations, while potentially limiting the fallout for them and the new administration.

But rapid-fire developments â€" such as confirmed reports of previously unknown meetings between Mr. Sessions and the Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey I. Kislyak (meetings he denied at his Senate confirmation hearing), followed by his quick recusal â€" may erode Republicans’ ability to hold off demands for a wider and more public investigation. Such disclosures have a cumulative effect.    . . . [cont. at link up top]"

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 03, 2017, 05:02:27 AM
New York Times ~ March 3rd, 2017
Majority Rule Means the Power to Stop, Not Just Start, an Investigation

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/us/politics/majority-rule-means-the-power-to-stop-not-just-start-an-investigation.html?partner=rss&emc=rss&smid=tw-nytpolitics&smtyp=cur&_r=0&referer=

[...]"Despite new questions about contacts between Attorney General Jeff Sessions and a top Russian diplomat, House and Senate Republicans remain unwilling to budge from their opposition to a special bipartisan inquiry into the extent of Russian meddling in the 2016 election, and into any connections to President Trump or those close to him. Changing their mind would probably require significant revelations of the sort that would make their current stance politically untenable.

Even as Mr. Sessions recused himself on Thursday from any such investigation by the Justice Department, his former Republican colleagues on Capitol Hill were adamant that any improper conduct â€" and they remain very skeptical that there was any â€" was best investigated by the Senate Intelligence Committee, which has already begun its work.

“The Senate Intelligence Committee is the best place to determine the facts regarding Russian involvement in our elections,” said Senator Roy Blunt of Missouri, who sits on the panel and has been more aggressive than other Republicans in calling for a thorough inquiry.

“In my opinion, it would take at least six months for any new investigation to get to where the Intelligence Committee is today, and the ability to work with the intelligence community would never equal the daily communications of our bipartisan committee,” said Mr. Blunt, who added that he intended to visit C.I.A. headquarters in the next week to personally review relevant documents.

Democrats say there is another reason Republicans favor the Intelligence Committee: Its work is conducted mainly behind closed doors, sparing Mr. Trump and his allies on Capitol Hill from a regular parade of witnesses swearing to tell the truth before sober-faced senators â€" all of it televised live on cable news and C-Span.

From the McCarthy hearings through Watergate, Iran-contra and the Clinton impeachment, the American public has become quite familiar with the tableaux of the congressional investigation and the serious business that can be involved.

Republicans would like to avoid such a scene to the extent possible. Pursuing an investigation through the Intelligence Committee arms them against complaints that they are looking the other way about the allegations, while potentially limiting the fallout for them and the new administration.

But rapid-fire developments â€" such as confirmed reports of previously unknown meetings between Mr. Sessions and the Russian ambassador to the United States, Sergey I. Kislyak (meetings he denied at his Senate confirmation hearing), followed by his quick recusal â€" may erode Republicans’ ability to hold off demands for a wider and more public investigation. Such disclosures have a cumulative effect.    . . . [cont. at link up top]"

Much ado about nothing but carry on.  I'll post something to rebutt in my next post, loon.

Very good analysis of all the crap going on. I know, TL;DR but dammit this is important.

The Press and Democrats Have Lost Their Damn Minds
By Erick Erickson  |  March 3, 2017, 05:00am 

Do you not hear yourselves? You think Jeff Sessions is an agent of the Russian government or somehow duplicitous in sabotaging the American election? That is insane. Trump Derangement Syndrome has officially set in and is rotting the brains of Democrats inside and outside the American press corps.

Jeff Sessions loyally and patriotically served his country as a United States Attorney where he prosecuted members of the KKK and desegregated Alabama schools. He then ably served in the United States Senate along side Ted Kennedy, who actually did ask the Russians to intervene in the 1984 election and the Democrats were fine with that.

This is a real slur against Sessions.

He was asked, during his confirmation, if he had met with the Russians about the Trump campaign. He said no. During his time on the Senate Armed Services Committee he had met with the Russians on international business. Claire McCaskill, his colleague for part of that time, denied having ever met with the Russian ambassador, but a quick check of her Twitter timeline showed she actually had met with him.

If Claire McCaskill cannot remember, why should Jeff Sessions? More so, it is not even relevant because the context of the questions asked of Jeff Sessions were about the Trump campaign.

Sessions’ Democrat colleagues from the Senate are so desperate to find something to use against Donald Trump, they are willing to ruin the reputation of a man many of them will privately acknowledge is an honorable person. Members of the media, in their desire to fight back against Donald Trump instead of fairly covering him, are willing to engage in character assassination of a good man.

If you think Jeff Sessions worked with a foreign power to undermine American elections, you are a loon[see Meister, Ed]. More so, if you have lost your mind over this no one is going to believe you when real problems occur. The imaginary phantoms the left now fights will distract them from the real ones that may come later.

http://theresurgent.com/the-press-and-democrats-have-lost-their-damn-minds/?utm_content=bufferc755e&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

Meister_000

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 03, 2017, 07:19:02 AM
Very good analysis of all the crap going on. I know, TL;DR but dammit this is important. . . .

21st, you're obviously upset (and at me in particular for some reason all of a sudden), but (putting aside any possible wrongdoing) AG Sessions' own _unforced_ statement yesterday states very clearly;

"I have studied the Rules (and) they are Right and Just" and that therefore "_I_ have decided to recuse _myself_ from any existing or future investigations" of the 2016 Presidential Election.

_That_ is what is important. Jeff Sessions _himself_ finally read and understood "the rules" and "the obligations" of his office and position, and HE decided. Who are you thinking "forced him" to do or say that? Me? (Meister), Pud?, TL? Obama? Hillary?

Who?

Quote from: Meister_000 on March 03, 2017, 08:48:24 AM
21st, you're obviously upset (and at me in particular for some reason all of a sudden), but (putting aside any possible wrongdoing) AG Sessions' own _unforced_ statement yesterday states very clearly;

"I have studied the Rules (and) they are Right and Just" and that therefore "_I_ have decided to recuse _myself_ from any existing or future investigations" of the 2016 Presidential Election.

_That_ is what is important. Jeff Sessions _himself_ finally read and understood "the rules" and "the obligations" of his office and position, and HE decided. Who are you thinking "forced him" to do or say that? Me? (Meister), Pud?, TL? Obama? Hillary?

Who?

LOL.  Then I am sure you agree with me and think that is too bad Kagan didn't read the rules and obligations when Obamacare came to the Supreme Court or she would have recused herself. Right?

SredniVashtar

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 03, 2017, 07:19:02 AM
Very good analysis of all the crap going on. I know, TL;DR but dammit this is important.

The AG ought to be above suspicion, like Caesar's wife. If there's even a hint that he might be compromised then he can't do his job effectively. Whatever he did in the past (and he was just doing his job, he wasn't some sort of American hero) there's no guarantee of his actions in the future. There is a pattern forming of links to Russian interests which ought be investigated, particularly in the light of a potential half trillion oil pipeline deal in the works. There's enough circumstantial evidence to warrant further investigation, and you can't do that properly if one of the men in charge is possibly tainted. If everything's hunky-dory then Trump and Co. come out smelling like roses. I don't see what you've got to hide. It seems like you're more worried by the Democrats than the Russians, which is a situation that Moscow must be perfectly happy with.

Meister_000

Quote from: 21st Century Man on March 03, 2017, 08:58:33 AM
LOL.  Then I am sure you agree with me and think that is too bad Kagan didn't read the rules and obligations when Obamacare came to the Supreme Court or she would have recused herself. Right?

If she was wrong, she was wrong, and I would agree with you. I don't know enough about the details of that case. We are talking about AG Sessions though. If he just did 'the right thing" where Judge Kagin did not, then you should be _extra_ proud of him for doing so. Yes? So you win, yes? So-kay.

Quote from: SredniVashtar on March 03, 2017, 09:05:33 AM
The AG ought to be above suspicion, like Caesar's wife. If there's even a hint that he might be compromised then he can't do his job effectively. Whatever he did in the past (and he was just doing his job, he wasn't some sort of American hero) there's no guarantee of his actions in the future. There is a pattern forming of links to Russian interests which ought be investigated, particularly in the light of a potential half trillion oil pipeline deal in the works. There's enough circumstantial evidence to warrant further investigation, and you can't do that properly if one of the men in charge is possibly tainted. If everything's hunky-dory then Trump and Co. come out smelling like roses. I don't see what you've got to hide. It seems like you're more worried by the Democrats than the Russians, which is a situation that Moscow must be perfectly happy with.

In my opinion, the Democrats are a bigger threat to this country.  Their policies have been detrimental to this country.    There is no evidence of any sort that Russia interfered with the election.  It is just a smokescreen to attack Republicans in an attempt by the Democrats to work their way back into power.   That is what it is all about to them. POWER.  By hook or by crook.  They don't have the best interests of the US in their hearts. I don't expect you to understand.