• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Bella-Haven is Live

Started by nbirnes, July 01, 2015, 12:44:24 AM

albrecht

Quote from: TigerLily on March 13, 2017, 11:21:08 PM
Ladybird was the "Make America Beautiful".FLOTUS, right? We didn't have to wait decades but it was years without much of a desert wildflowers show. Last year was really nice but this year is spectacular. Especially considering the long wait. Spring has always been my favorite season here. A little early this year but no one is complaining.

You should post some pics! The only thing we love here more than nature photos and chill tunes is bacon
Yep, she was the FLOTUS who wanted to beautify the roads etc. Plant wild flowers, take down billboards, native plants, etc. Here is a quick shot of the bluebonnets in the lawn. There are better photos out there, especially in a landscape.

TigerLily

Really lovely, albrecht. Thank you for posting  :)

WhiteCrow

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 16, 2017, 11:27:13 PM
Or a little over in the clover?  ;)

Happy St. Patrick's Day, Logan!  ;D

I know I know..Lots of "luck" can be found in clovers.

TigerLily

Why Scientists Are So Excited About This Solar Eclipse

On August 21, 2017, that shadow will sweep across North America as millions revel in a total solar eclipse. It's the first one to grace the continental United States since 1979 and the first to run from sea to shining sea since 1918.

Darkness settles in. The soft colors of morning quickly dampen and shadows sharpen. As you look up, the sun transforms into a black hole, winter constellations appear, and the seldom-seen corona â€" that ghostly halo of light that wraps around the sun's surface â€" becomes visible. The temperature plummets causing birds to grow quiet, farm animals to shuffle to their barns, and crickets to begin their nightly tune. You're now in the shadow of the moon.
"It is this incredible multi-sensory experience that absolutely no photograph can do justice," says Tyler Nordgren, an astronomer at the University of Redlands.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/weather/why-scientists-are-so-excited-about-this-solar-eclipse/ar-BBystoy?li=BBnbcA1&srcref=rss

WhiteCrow

Quote from: TigerLily on March 20, 2017, 07:37:39 PM

On August 21, 2017, that shadow will sweep across North America as millions revel in a total solar eclipse. It's the first one to grace the continental United States since 1979 and the first to run from sea to shining sea since 1918.

Darkness settles in. The soft colors of morning quickly dampen and shadows sharpen. As you look up, the sun transforms into a black hole, winter constellations appear, and the seldom-seen corona â€" that ghostly halo of light that wraps around the sun's surface â€" becomes visible. The temperature plummets causing birds to grow quiet, farm animals to shuffle to their barns, and crickets to begin their nightly tune. You're now in the shadow of the moon.
"It is this incredible multi-sensory experience that absolutely no photograph can do justice," says Tyler Nordgren, an astronomer at the University of Redlands.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/weather/why-scientists-are-so-excited-about-this-solar-eclipse/ar-BBystoy?li=BBnbcA1&srcref=rss

Thanks TL.. we are going to watch the Solar Eclipse at the best viewing place in USA.. Maximum duration and Maximum coverage!

WhiteCrow

Quote from: TigerLily on March 20, 2017, 07:37:39 PM

Great post...Thanks TL.. we are going to watch the Solar Eclipse at the best viewing place in USA, ...southern Illinois.. Maximum duration and Maximum coverage!

Illinois is the state that has the most area of the overlap of the paths of totality for the great eclipses of 2017 and 2024!

Illinois is also home to the point of greatest duration for this eclipse! According to the US Naval Observatory's eclipse page, there is a point in the Shawnee Nat'l. Forest (just south of Carbondale) that will see 2m44s of totality!

WhiteCrow

Bellas Bellas where for ART though Bellas :'(

TigerLily

Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow,
That I shall say good night till it be morrow

RoseGirl

Quote from: White Crow 🌔🌓🌒🌚 on March 24, 2017, 07:42:32 PM
Bellas Bellas where for ART though Bellas :'(

K...just so you know...'wherefore' in Elizabethan or Jacobian English means 'why' not 'where'. In other words she is asking 'why is your name romeo? If you weren't a Romeo or had a different family name, then we could be lovers'

Rosie
Elizabethan Grammar-Slammer Girl  :)

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 24, 2017, 11:08:03 PM
K...just so you know...'wherefore' in Elizabethan or Jacobian English means 'why' not 'where'. In other words she is asking 'why is your name romeo? If you weren't a Romeo or had a different family name, then we could be lovers'

Rosie
Elizabethan Grammar-Slammer Girl  :)
In other words; Why oh why does your name have to be Romeo?  If you had another name we'd be cool.  Has identity theft been invented yet? ::) ;D

Jackstar

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 24, 2017, 11:17:37 PM
Why oh why does your name have to be Romeo?

Those were the only collars left.

RoseGirl

Good point! Identity theft, I guess, is a timeless and universal crime.

Poor Juliet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrO4YZeyl0I

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 24, 2017, 11:45:58 PM
Hey JJ, that video doesn't work on my end. Oh well.
Click on the YouTube link at the bottom right, and try it there.  Let me know whether it works. ;)

RoseGirl

K, now shush. I can't be postin' on BG anymore. Brig told me that if she saw me again, she and her pals would treat me like s***. So, I need to be....ahem...done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4emYaDbaJ8w

RoseGirl

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 24, 2017, 11:50:20 PM
Click on the YouTube link at the bottom right, and try it there.  Let me know whether it works. ;)

Nope...didn't work.  :(

thanks anyway, starr

EarthAlien007

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 24, 2017, 11:53:39 PM

K, now shush. I can't be postin' on BG anymore. Brig told me that if she saw me again, she and her pals would treat me like s***. So, I need to be....ahem...done.

The delusion never ends! LMFAO!

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 24, 2017, 11:53:39 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4emYaDbaJ8w

Who??! 

MV is the only one who can determine who can or cannot post on BellGab.

PRAISE, MV!!! ;)

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 24, 2017, 11:54:43 PM
Nope...didn't work.  :(

thanks anyway, starr
Sorry.  That's about it for my "techy prowess," lol.

RoseGirl

I phoned into a practice Train Wreck show the other day and chatted with MV. Brig immediately called afterwards and MV and her began 'psychoanalysing' me in a very sarcastic way over the air. I typed in the chat...'well I hope you two are having fun, cuz I'm not' and I left. Within a few minutes all the posts about it on the Train Wreck thread were removed. So, I pm-ed brig and asked her 'if every time I come on BellGab are you and your pals going to treat me like s***.? Is that how it's going to be?' And she didn't answer...so I pm-ed her again and said 'I will take that as a yes'.

RoseGirl

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on March 24, 2017, 11:59:00 PM
The delusion never ends! LMFAO!

Hi MV.

Well, looks like the Thought Police have showed up.

Night all.

:)

RoseGirl

Quote from: ©StarrMountain® 2010 on March 25, 2017, 12:00:36 AM
Sorry.  That's about it for my "techy prowess," lol.

no problem starr...it's probably a Canada/US thing. Happens sometimes.

EarthAlien007

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 25, 2017, 12:03:34 AM

I phoned into a practice Train Wreck show the other day and chatted with MV. Brig immediately called afterwards and MV and her began 'psychoanalysing' me in a very sarcastic way over the air. I typed in the chat...'well I hope you two are having fun, cuz I'm not' and I left. Within a few minutes all the posts about it on the Train Wreck thread were removed. So, I pm-ed brig and asked her 'if every time I come on BellGab are you and your pals going to treat me like s***.? Is that how it's going to be?' And she didn't answer...so I pm-ed her again and said 'I will take that as a yes'.

Brig is your new target now?

starrmtn001

Quote from: RoseGirl on March 25, 2017, 12:03:34 AM

What's the date of that show?

RoseGirl

There was no date. It was very early one morning and MV posted in the Train Wreck thread that he was just going to play some music for a while to test things and the chat was open in UFo. So, I went. Brig encouraged me to phone in, so I did. Big mistake. Won't be doing that again. I noticed that he scrubbed those posts out of the Train Wreck thread right away.

So, there ya have it.

RoseGirl

Quote from: EarthAlien007 on March 25, 2017, 12:10:40 AM
Brig is your new target now?

Wow. With a projector that big, you really should get a job in a movie theatre.