• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

SciFiAuthor

R.I.P. Art. Your broadcasting was magic.

6/17/45 - 4/13/18

SergeantMajor

Quote from: Grifynne on April 13, 2018, 10:58:33 PM

So I assume this is real (it appears to be the legit Nye County Sheriff's Office Facebook page):
https://www.facebook.com/nyecountysheriff/videos/1084985051644669/

Aw Jeez... RIP Art and thanks for all the memories!   :'(

damon

Is there going to be a special show this weekend about art. Where is jazmunda, we need you in this time of need

SergeantMajor

YOur Right Damon,

As one other poster wrote, if this isn't worthy of a Gabcast, what is?

SergeantMajor

Sometime ago, there was a link to a mega Art Bell collection...does anyone have it?

Thanks

Danger!UFO

Thanks, Art! You won't be forgotten.

weeberwubber

Quote from: SergeantMajor on April 14, 2018, 08:53:33 AM
Sometime ago, there was a link to a mega Art Bell collection...does anyone have it?

Thanks

Did you check to see if anyone is still seeding it? http://bellgab.com/index.php?topic=5021.0

The computer I had it on got taken out in a storm and I don't know if the hard drive is intact. It was also my torrent computer and I never bothered to set anything back up. Maybe that file can get re-seeded and even expanded.

is he going to revive himself so he can post that he didnt really die--he just hung up on life?

trostol

Just saw thus oddly enough as a headline while browsing on my phone heading to work. ..shocking in a way..

RIP

CampsieNP

So very sad to hear this. Art Bell was such a big part of my life since the early 90s. After the last goodbye of many, I checked out. But the original Art Bell shows were such great radio I will always be grateful for the memories. I hope there is a Gabcast tonight. There really should be. When I heard the news, I cried.

CampsieNP

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 14, 2018, 06:54:58 AM
These people and their fucking secrets. Once you die that shit is over.

Agreed Aldous.

ItsOver

Some soothing music for dreams of the night.

http://youtu.be/jPGTAR3ODSE

aldousburbank

It's nice to see long lost posters checking in.

CampsieNP

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 14, 2018, 09:23:23 AM

We were kind of a dysfunctional family, but a family never-the-less.

BettyO417

Has our worthy Leader MV made aware of Art’s Ride to the Light? Looking forward to MV’s thoughts. I’m sure he will memorialize Art in complete BellGab style.

The post from Keith absolutely sickens me. What was the plan/undermining? Was the announcement to be so spectacular that HW & KR would use it to boost & promote MITD? In order for his fans, friends, foes to find out any information on Art’s passing would we have to go through MITD? Of course we would.

A big Thank You to Nye County Sheriffs department for saving us from the torturous task of listening to HW bring us this sad news.  I do believe a GabCast is in order, we need to have a final farewell, A BellGab Memorial. 

Needle woman

We’ve spent lots of time together on this site in the past, none so much fun as prior to him coming back. What a man!

ItsOver

Quote from: CampsieNP on April 14, 2018, 09:24:33 AM
We were kind of a dysfunctional family, but a family never-the-less.
Ha!  :D  "Were?"  ;)

"Vaguely lovable."  Always.  ;D :'(

Son of a bitch.

RIP Art

I need a reefer

I feel glad that I listened to all four hours of every single episode of his last two runs, live during the actual broadcast. Been listening to art since 94-95 ish, originally on hot talk KSFO AM.

What a ride.

i loved Art the entertainer. this news makes me wish id never learned anything about his personal life. oh well. i feel bad for the woman and young children he left behind. i feel bad for his adult children he never reconciled with. i regret his entitled behavior towards us, but all that's over now.

you da man, Art!

ps: i think Heather killed him.
pps: autopsy next week!

aldousburbank

Quote from: guildnavigator on April 14, 2018, 09:33:10 AM
Son of a bitch.

RIP Art

I need a reefer

I feel glad that I listened to all four hours of every single episode of his last two runs, live during the actual broadcast. Been listening to art since 94-95 ish, originally on hot talk KSFO AM.

What a ride.

Hey man. This dude has missed you.

CampsieNP

Quote from: BettyO417 on April 14, 2018, 09:27:14 AM
Has our worthy Leader MV made aware of Art’s Ride to the Light? Looking forward to MV’s thoughts. I’m sure he will memorialize Art in complete BellGab style.

The post from Keith absolutely sickens me. What was the plan/undermining? Was the announcement to be so spectacular that HW & KR would use it to boost & promote MITD? In order for his fans, friends, foes to find out any information on Art’s passing would we have to go through MITD? Of course we would.

A big Thank You to Nye County Sheriffs department for saving us from the torturous task of listening to HW bring us this sad news.  I do believe a GabCast is in order, we need to have a final farewell, A BellGab Memorial.

A big YES to this post. It reminds me of when my phone rang on 12/09/80 and it was my crying sister telling me the terrible news of John Lennon's death. Moments later Howard Cosell told the world on Monday Night Football. I have been forever grateful I got the call from my sister and did not hear it from Cosell. I got a tweet from GravitySucks and that was fitting as well. RIP dear Art. I love you.

aldousburbank

Seasons don't fear the reaper.

sydtron

Good to be here man. Anybody heard from Jazz?

ItsOver

Quote from: aldousburbank on April 14, 2018, 09:41:02 AM
Seasons don't fear the reaper.
Another signature song.  Apropo for a Friday the 13th ride into the night.

ItsOver

Quote from: sydtron on April 14, 2018, 09:45:07 AM
Good to be here man. Anybody heard from Jazz?
He's been MIA at BellGab, from what I've seen.

ItsTelly

Just heard...I'm unbelievably sad.

Deep down, I always thought that Art would come back to radio, a true love of his. I was always really looking forward to this: the day Art would return to radio. It would be exciting and, of course, the shows would be pure radio magic.

I thought it was only a matter of time.  Now that dream is gone.

Telly

ItsTelly

Someguy: I wonder if he went to the light or not lol

Indeed, I was thinking the same thing.  John Lear always said the light was a trap and to run toward the darkness.  Art always said this would haunt him when his time came.

Now that it has I wonder what he did....perhaps, someone should call Mary Ann Winkowski?

Telly

Needle woman

This just came up on my fb feed, quite appropriate. Willie Nelson singing a new song.

https://www.facebook.com/KXRBSiouxFalls/posts/1790934630929828