• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Art Bell

Started by sillydog, April 07, 2008, 11:21:45 PM

DanTSX

73’s Art.  Thanks for the ride.  Will keep you alive in replay for at least another generation.

Thanks for getting that Trump vote in too. 8)

Sean92008

Quote from: Inglorious Bitch on April 14, 2018, 12:42:38 PM
He had COPD.
And a very young wife from another country with whom he had a short relationship before marriage...

Then, he had that Heather Wade character living on his property or something like that...

At one point, he was reported to be worth over 10 million dollars...

diyrob

Quote from: bellNwhistle on April 14, 2018, 01:21:21 PM
It was a great show, but I felt claustrophobic just listening to it. Glad she was on with Art.
It was either the night before, or the night after the “Stalker/shots fired.” I think before.

Does anyone recall who was Art's very last guest on MITD before he exited and left it to HW?

awguy

Quote from: dan7800 on April 14, 2018, 12:38:50 PM
Who knows what he passed from. Could have been a heart attack.

It could have been anything really. My father died back in October at 70 and he was in pretty good health. It was very sudden and unexpected.

AppealPlay

Quote from: Juan on April 14, 2018, 01:17:00 PM
Probably so. I suppose that means Art was not in Hospice. Maybe it was sudden. In my father’s case, we called the hospice nurse. There was no police involvement.

I see that Ganja Connie hosts Coast tonight. I wonder if she remembers who Art was?

People that die in hospice are under the care of a physician (usually through a nurse) so their deaths are not investigated unless there is some other issue that comes up like allegations of abuse or some such.  People that die outside of a physician's care are technically considered a police matter until the ME determines it was a natural death.

GravitySucks

Quote from: diyrob on April 14, 2018, 01:26:31 PM
It was either the night before, or the night after the “Stalker/shots fired.” I think before.

Does anyone recall who was Art's very last guest on MITD before he exited and left it to HW?

That fucking idiot Jacobs. What a legacy

nbirnes

Quote from: SredniVashtar on April 14, 2018, 01:20:52 PM
Knowing Art's tendency not to see things through, I don't think we can count on this being the last word. He might decide that death wasn't for him, quit, and come and do some of those fill-in shows we're still waiting for.

I've missed you, Sredni. Also this place. Twitter just doesn't compare.

ItsTelly

Wondering if there's a final "goodbye show" that he recorded with a plan to air it after death...
If you are hearing this show, it's because I have passed on to the afterlife...
Wouldn't it be awesome if someone actually did that and passed on gossip and other salacious morsels that they could not repeat in real life?

Man, I sure hope he did.  Knowing Art through radio all these years (decades really), he would really let it rip  One final show for All the Ages. 

It would be pure joy to hear Art for 4 hours do nothing but rip and piss on Premier, Noory, Tommy and the gang.  Nothing to do but sit back with a few cold ones, listen, and savor every moment.

Who knows?  Maybe dreams do come true?

Telly

GravitySucks

Quote from: nbirnes on April 14, 2018, 01:34:34 PM

I keep missing him too. I have to re-evaluate the windage calculations on my sniper scope.

Skunk Ape

Hey all.

Had to stop in after hearing the news today.

This is a rough one. Going to have to take a dive back into the archive agian

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2018, 01:36:01 PM
I keep missing him too. I have to re-evaluate the windage calculations on my sniper scope.

You must've calculated right with pud then.  ;)

Sean92008

Quote from: Grifynne on April 14, 2018, 11:38:37 AM
Nye County Sheriff's Office responded stating that they were never told not to release it and gave hours for family to be notified before doing so. Guess the cops should be sorry that MITD couldn't cash in.   ::)

This ties-in with my point that the Sheriff cannot cater to someone who can't call their own family... 

It also brings up an interesting point, possibly. Was his lovely wife, Airyn, even home at the time?  I am starting to wonder based on the statement by the Nye County Sheriff.  The way it was phrased just didn't sound like a family member was present. Maybe I am parsing the statement too finely.

Airyn was known to like Vegas, maybe she was conveniently there at Art's time of greatest need.

Rix Gins

I put a random Art show on while shaving today.  It was December 27, 2006, a prediction show.  It was fun to hear the callers woo predictions, and Art's comments regarding them.  All at once, Art started talking about a recent solar flare.  Ha, God bless him, Art was always so damned concerned about those solar flares.  A first for me...shedding some tears while shaving. 

nbirnes

Quote from: GravitySucks on April 14, 2018, 01:36:01 PM

I just knew you knew too much about the sniper.

Rockaria

I remember Art saying that when he died, he'd find a way to communicate with everyone, to get through. I hope he makes a big splash so we'll know it's him.... :'(

DanTSX

Quote from: Rockaria on April 14, 2018, 01:52:03 PM
I remember Art saying that when he died, he'd find a way to communicate with everyone, to get through. I hope he makes a big splash so we'll know it's him.... :'(

He’s going to retire again before following through on that

Well, I haven't been here in a long time it seems..

Just passin' through to say 73's Art, and thanks for the ride.

All time listener, first and last time caller. I got to speak to the master on his last show, at the end.

Haven't been around here since "her".
G'day all.

SredniVashtar

Quote from: nbirnes on April 14, 2018, 01:34:34 PM

Good to  see you back. Yes, Twitter and Facebook aren't quite the same. MV is just as evil as those two, but you learn to live with him. Like the creepy relative you try to steer clear of at family gatherings.

bellNwhistle

Quote from: Sumthins Goin On on April 14, 2018, 02:20:36 PM
Well, I haven't been here in a long time it seems..

Just passin' through to say 73's Art, and thanks for the ride.

All time listener, first and last caller. I got to speak to the master on his last show, at the end.

Haven't been around here since "her".
G'day all.

Don’t really blame you.

I never did call in. Always wanted to, but the time difference.. I usually fell asleep to his voice, unless it was an EVP or Shadow People show. In that case, I turned it off. LOL Would have been cool to actually talk to the guy.

Rockaria

Since everything's public now, I wonder if LIVE PD will have the call to go to his house on tonight's episode. NYE County Sheriffs are tailed on the show.

WOTR

Quote from: BettyO417 on April 14, 2018, 09:27:14 AM
The post from Keith absolutely sickens me. What was the plan/undermining? Was the announcement to be so spectacular that HW & KR would use it to boost & promote MITD? In order for his fans, friends, foes to find out any information on Art’s passing would we have to go through MITD? Of course we would.

A big Thank You to Nye County Sheriffs department for saving us from the torturous task of listening to HW bring us this sad news.  I do believe a GabCast is in order, we need to have a final farewell, A BellGab Memorial.

This was rolling around in my head for awhile.  Yes, the family should be allowed to inform those closest to the deceased. So- Heather told us 19 hours ago that she would not be doing MITD due to "something personal."  The sheriff told us 15 hours ago that Art died.  He died at home- so the ambulance did not take him to the hospital.  If she thought to jump on facebook to say she would not be hosting the moment Art took his last breath they had at least 4 hours to inform those closest to him.

Keith, Heather and Art's wife had ample time to get ahold of those that they deemed important to inform- and two of those people organize and communicate for a living.

No doubt the sheriffs office considered the implications of withholding news of his death from all other media and granting Keith an "exclusive."  I'm guessing after several hours of watching social media and not seeing any mention of this they got frustrated and issued their statement.

For now I'm going to pretend that I'm not a cynic and believe that those closest to him wished to profit in some manner even from his death.  Perhaps they really did just want time to process... But the sheriff did the right thing after giving them ample time to inform immediate family.

All in all, I would say that if his present wife and children living with him were informed, that should have been enough.  I wish the three of them well and feel nothing but sympathy for them.

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: WOTR on April 14, 2018, 02:30:53 PM
This was rolling around in my head for awhile.  Yes, the family should be allowed to inform those closest to the deceased. So- Heather told us 19 hours ago that she would not be doing MITD due to "something personal."  The sheriff told us 15 hours ago that Art died.  He died at home- so the ambulance did not take him to the hospital.  If she thought to jump on facebook the moment Art took his last breath they had at least 4 hours to inform those closest to him.

Keith, Heather and Art's wife had ample time to get ahold of those that they deemed important to inform- and two of those people organize and communicate for a living.

No doubt the sheriffs office considered the implications of withholding news of his death from all other media and granting Keith an "exclusive."  I'm guessing after several hours of watching social media and not seeing any mention of this they got frustrated and issued their statement.

For now I'm going to pretend that I'm not a cynic and believe that those closest to him wished to profit in some manner even from his death.  Perhaps they really did just want time to process... But the sheriff did the right thing after giving them ample time to inform immediate family.

Face it! You're just a prick. :D

WOTR

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on April 14, 2018, 02:33:06 PM
Face it! You're just a prick. :D
The world needs more pricks.

WOTR

Quote from: Grifynne on April 14, 2018, 11:38:37 AM
Nye County Sheriff's Office responded stating that they were never told not to release it and gave hours for family to be notified before doing so. Guess the cops should be sorry that MITD couldn't cash in.   ::)
I guess I should have read to the end of this thread before posting.  It would have saved me the calculations on the times.  Nice to see I'm not alone in my thoughts.  :)