• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

President Donald J. Trump

Started by The General, February 11, 2011, 01:33:34 AM

albrecht

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 07, 2019, 07:14:39 PM
I'm accused of all kinds of things. I prefer *Richard* Dreyfuss, by the way.
I'm glad someone got the joke.
Speaking of that Dreyfuss was greatest in "Moon Over Parador" and "What About Bob."

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 07, 2019, 07:17:22 PM
I don't have a link, but it's called "I Side With". Yeah, my views change from time to time, which likely is why I don't feel comfortable in the Bloods *or* the Crips.

Neither of them would have you.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2019, 07:19:15 PM
I'm glad someone got the joke.
Speaking of that Dreyfuss was greatest in "Moon Over Parador" and "What About Bob."

Bill Murray also was great in the latter one. They remind me of the time when I watched awards shows.

Metron2267

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2019, 07:04:02 PM
I’ve laid down plenty of cogent arguments for my points. Also, I’m for free speech, language cop.

Free speech ought not be boring speech - just sayin'.

And you have put some fine arguments down, but not at the same length as you used to pre-ellgab. I personally think that losing PB the Deplorable as a foil here has blunted your delivery some. There were some classic debates betwixt you two.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2019, 07:19:26 PM
Neither of them would have you.

That's nice, Special Ed. You act like that's a bad thing.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 07, 2019, 07:26:18 PM

And you have put some fine arguments down, but not at the same length as you used to pre-ellgab. I personally think that losing PB the Deplorable as a foil here has blunted your delivery some. There were some classic debates betwixt you two.

Is this retard your nephew or something? I dig your posts, but I don't see why you defend this nitwit while you attack Kid like he's the devil.

Metron2267

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 07, 2019, 07:25:23 PM
Bill Murray also was great in the latter one. They remind me of the time when I watched awards shows.

Then THIS became to norm:

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/awards/christian-bale-credits-satan-inspiration-how-play-dick-cheney-vice-n955506

It's a good thing for Christian Bale that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association was voting, and not Republicans.

The Welsh-born thespian won the Golden Globe for best actor in a motion picture â€" musical or comedy for his portrayal of former Vice President Dick Cheney in "Vice" and in accepting the award, he made clear where he stands on the real-life subject.

"Thank you to Satan for giving me inspiration on how to play this role," said Bale, 44.

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the former vice president's daughter, snapped back at Bale on Twitter, posting a link to the actor's 2008 arrest.

Satan probably inspired him to do this, too. Christian Bale arrested for 'assault on mother and sister'| The Independent. https://t.co/kesnNno9Zv

â€" Liz Cheney (@Liz_Cheney) January 7, 2019

ItsOver

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 07, 2019, 07:29:20 PM

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture/awards/christian-bale-credits-satan-inspiration-how-play-dick-cheney-vice-n955506

It's a good thing for Christian Bale that the Hollywood Foreign Press Association was voting, and not Republicans.

The Welsh-born thespian won the Golden Globe for best actor in a motion picture â€" musical or comedy for his portrayal of former Vice President Dick Cheney in "Vice" and in accepting the award, he made clear where he stands on the real-life subject.

"Thank you to Satan for giving me inspiration on how to play this role," said Bale, 44.

Republican Rep. Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the former vice president's daughter, snapped back at Bale on Twitter, posting a link to the actor's 2008 arrest.

Satan probably inspired him to do this, too. Christian Bale arrested for 'assault on mother and sister'| The Independent. https://t.co/kesnNno9Zv

LOL.  Too bad you have to be a jackass jerk to work in HollyWad these days.

Nucky Nolan

You must feel torn on this one.  ;) Is the Hollyweird Illuminati enemy, of your neocon warmonger enemy, your friend?

Metron2267

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 07, 2019, 07:28:25 PM
Is this retard your nephew or something?

Not hardly... ;)

QuoteI dig your posts, but I don't see why you defend this nitwit while you attack Kid like he's the devil.

Here's your opportunity to be objective - if anything it's the Kid who has attacked me!

I debate and engage on topic and with strong citations and I do not roll over for group think or chastisement for exposing a globalist after his demise.

Please note as well that Kid initiated the endless childish accusations of my being gay, despite the slightest justification nor evidence. I mean he basically mimicked the Doc by trying to use that personal demonization ploy as an off ramp from topical discourse. Discourse he was ill-prepared to engage in. At the end of the day I think that deficit pissed him off as much or more than my annotating the GHWB globalist agenda.

I must also state that despite the fact he went a bit nutso and posted multiple pics of him standing in his kitchen (as if they prove anything)...I took the high road and did NOT turn them into disrespectful personal attack memes. You know...the kind certain wags here craft to mock Heather. ::)

I thought about PMing Kid at the time and advising he take them down, but I can see he later came to his senses. No need to fuel more personal dumpster fires here.

And now, as the late, great Paul Harvey used to say, "you know the rest of the story". 8)

Metron2267

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 07, 2019, 07:38:02 PM
You must feel torn on this one.  ;) Is the Hollyweird Illuminati enemy, of your neocon warmonger enemy, your friend?

Ekshually I suppose I should :-\

Oh well, voted for Cheney too and I'm not Bolton on Syria. ;D

albrecht

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 07, 2019, 07:25:23 PM
Bill Murray also was great in the latter one. They remind me of the time when I watched awards shows mainstream Hollywood movies or tv shows.
Fixed it, at least for me.  Bill was great in that! Actually the whole cast was great and back when movies were fun and not simply socio-political programming often produced for a loss, which tells me it is not all about business in Hollywood anymore.

albrecht

It wasn't too long ago in an election cycle that we had a candidate begging to be believed that he attacked his mother and stab his friend when the press wasn't buying it. We live in a very weird world and time.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Metron2267 on January 07, 2019, 07:42:03 PM
Ekshually I suppose I should :-\

Oh well, voted for Cheney too and I'm not Bolton on Syria. ;D

He's mad at Trump for boltin' *from* Syria. He never met a war he didn't like.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2019, 07:43:58 PM
Fixed it, at least for me.  Bill was great in that! Actually the whole cast was great and back when movies were fun and not simply socio-political programming often produced for a loss, which tells me it is not all about business in Hollywood anymore.

I'm right there with you. I skip most current films and network shows. For the first time in my life, I can't name any songs in the Billboard Top Forty. It's one of the few times that I don't regret being in my forties because I'm old enough to recall a time when entertainment wasn't mostly preachy dreck.

Gd5150

Agreed I miss PB.

albrecht

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 07, 2019, 07:52:20 PM
I'm right there with you. I skip most current films and network shows. For the first time in my life, I can't name any songs in the Billboard Top Forty. It's one of the few times that I don't regret being in my forties because I'm old enough to recall a time when entertainment wasn't mostly preachy dreck.
Of course there always was political or social agendas in Hollywood movies and tv. Just sometimes they were pro-USA or promoted positive values, but at least, had creative scripts and good acting even when the agenda was bad, at least in my opinion. Now just filth, bad acting, remakes, and CGI crap, mainly, along with overt socio-political propaganda and crap. "Music," in the Top 40 types, is all voice-controlled, electronically made, or jungle-beats talking/mumbling about crimes and/or sexual exploits and without any art, skill, or creativity except, possibly, in using various pagan, satanic, or "illuminat" symbolism in concerts, half-time events, and videos. And in those cases I'm not sure if they "just think its cool" or, as some speculate, it is done for nefarious purposes. Either way it is awful stuff for listening or watching.

Kidnostad3

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2019, 08:01:44 PM
Of course there always was political or social agendas in Hollywood movies and tv. Just sometimes they were pro-USA or promoted positive values, but at least, had creative scripts and good acting even when the agenda was bad, at least in my opinion. Now just filth, bad acting, remakes, and CGI crap, mainly, along with overt socio-political propaganda and crap. "Music," in the Top 40 types, is all voice-controlled, electronically made, or jungle-beats talking/mumbling about crimes and/or sexual exploits and without any art, skill, or creativity except, possibly, in using various pagan, satanic, or "illuminat" symbolism in concerts, half-time events, and videos. And in those cases I'm not sure if they "just think its cool" or, as some speculate, it is done for nefarious purposes. Either way it is awful stuff for listening or watching.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2019, 08:01:44 PM

There indeed were, but it became more overt and more widespread. The same held true for what passed for journalism. It became too much of a *bad* thing, which was not *my* thing. That would be the Mafia, not the Illuminati.

Dr. MD MD

Go fuck yourself! Just sayin.

At least when I do have something to say they’re usually my own thoughts, not a cut and paste wall of text. ;)

Dr. MD MD

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 07, 2019, 07:28:25 PM
Is this retard your nephew or something? I dig your posts, but I don't see why you defend this nitwit while you attack Kid like he's the devil.

Reading between the lines here I’m gonna say that you’re fucking your retarded nephew. Your hypocrisy won’t go away just because you refuse to look at it.  :D

Gd5150

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2019, 09:23:37 PM
Reading between the lines here I’m gonna say that you’re fucking your retarded nephew. Your hypocrisy won’t go away just because you refuse to look at it.  :D

Have to agree with the Dr, the nephew comment was a bit out of line. Gay lovers would’ve been a more suitable guess.

https://youtu.be/Wwqs-YyaKA4

albrecht

They folded: "Trump’s prime-time address will be carried live by ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox Broadcasting, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, MSNBC and NBC." But Democrats say that they demand equal time which would be hilarious if the networks agreed because NOW they have pretty much ALL the time on them!

https://apnews.com/bdec60db69df4a5d85354d34368c494c

Gd5150

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2019, 09:49:52 PM
They folded: "Trump’s prime-time address will be carried live by ABC, CBS, CNN, Fox Broadcasting, Fox News Channel, Fox Business Network, MSNBC and NBC." But Democrats say that they demand equal time which would be hilarious if the networks agreed because NOW they have pretty much ALL the time on them!

Instead of doing an address from the white house which are always deer in headlights boring, he should go to the border and give a speech to border patrol and national guard with helicopters and hum Vee’s parked in back. Make it like the visits to the troops in the Middle East. American flags etc...and of course selfies and signed MAGA hats as far as the eye can see.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2019, 09:21:03 PM
Go fuck yourself! Just sayin.

At least when I do have something to say they’re usually my own thoughts, not a cut and paste wall of text. ;)

Be careful, Special Ed. Metron is the only one who has any use for you, so you really can't afford to lose your last "friend" on Bell Gab.

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: Dr. MD MD on January 07, 2019, 09:23:37 PM

Don't base my sex life on your sex life. You're not asked to babysit much, are you?

Nucky Nolan

Quote from: albrecht on January 07, 2019, 09:49:52 PM

Hopefully, we won't see another young Kennedy with vaseline on his face. Once was more than enough.

albrecht

Quote from: Nucky Nolan on January 07, 2019, 10:29:37 PM
Hopefully, we won't see another young Kennedy with vaseline on his face. Once was more than enough.
That was horrible and nasty. Same with watching that Bernie character with his odd purple lips and dried-spittle. Ugh. Another reason I like listening, rather than watching, plus I think you actually hear what is being said. Though, arguably, there are arguments about learning things via body language etc during debates, speeches, statements, and sales-pitches.

albrecht

Quote from: Gd5150 on January 07, 2019, 09:58:02 PM
Instead of doing an address from the white house which are always deer in headlights boring, he should go to the border and give a speech to border patrol and national guard with helicopters and hum Vee’s parked in back. Make it like the visits to the troops in the Middle East. American flags etc...and of course selfies and signed MAGA hats as far as the eye can see.

Yes but I speculate that this might have been a negotiation tactic? Media was talking about we won't broadcast it and Trump said "I'll do it down there" and they said "ok we'll broadcast if you do it from the swamp." And Trump said "Ok but I'm still going down there." And so gets the nationwide broadcast and still can go down here and get some coverage, or if not, has alerted people that he is and to the real issues.