• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Kingdom of Nye With Heather Wade

Started by SergeantMajor, June 05, 2018, 03:38:31 PM

Should this thread be stickied?

No
Yes

Voting closes: November 02, 2045, 02:04:40 AM

Quote from: albrecht on July 29, 2019, 09:32:20 PM
I just wasn't aware. The "U.S. Mail," as you call it, still delivers but is sort of now a PPP, for some years, (but somewhat the worst of both worlds due to their pension scheme and costs) and even delivers, but only for Amazon, on Sundays. They also didn't deliver mail during the various cold spells in the Midwest this winter. So much for the motto.

Interestingly I was at one of their facilities (no, not those supposedly, FEMA interrogation rooms secretly built if you recall that subject of concern) but now a hotel/resort/conference-center outside of DC and wandering around they had some mailman who made a model showing postal work. It was actually amazing because showed also a "forced entry" of a building. Many aren't aware that the Postal Service apparently has tactical teams and is one of the old LEOs.

The Post Master General kicks butt and has the muscle to make it happen.

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 29, 2019, 09:46:46 PM
You must have missed our extensive analysis on ellgab (which, I have to say, is a lot keener on cooking and baking than you guys are) where we (ok it was me, mostly) identified a recipe based on her description that would produce a duck that looked like that -- it is meant to yield a crispy skin for people who like that sort of thing.  I think it was probably pretty good, but opinions varied widely.

I've been meaning to try to replicate it as an immersion experiment inspired by Walks's efforts in that direction but, when you can get a whole bbq duck out of a window in Chinatown for twelve bucks, I succumb to sloth every time the craving for overcooked waterfowl hits.

I think your work on the Thanksgiving Dinner was the apex of your Ellgabness.  Like Buzz Aldrin, once you have walked on the moon - what else do you do?

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 29, 2019, 09:46:49 PM
The Post Master General kicks butt and has the muscle to make it happen.
Post Master General can still kick butt but the mailmen since outsourcing no more selling stamps on person, carrying mail, C.O.D., and walking the beat have softened up. The agency missed so much by mismanagement and government malfeasance. They COULD'VE jump in, and quick, to the "see something, say something." Be a cop on the beat, in a way, who knows the neighborhood. Can report undesireables etc. Offering cheap banking accounts and debit cards to minorities and those on gov't assistance. They could demand that any legal papers, IRS correspondence, summons, Court documents, etc only be delivered by them. Remit funds for illegals. Etc. They had branches everywhere and a tied in work force (that can't be fired easily and with pensions) but instead of maximizing they PPP, mismanage, outsource to Amazon, etc. And Post Office was one of the few things in the Constitution.

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 29, 2019, 09:46:46 PM
You must have missed our extensive analysis on ellgab (which, I have to say, is a lot keener on cooking and baking than you guys are) where we (ok it was me, mostly) identified a recipe based on her description that would produce a duck that looked like that -- it is meant to yield a crispy skin for people who like that sort of thing.  I think it was probably pretty good, but opinions varied widely.

I've been meaning to try to replicate it as an immersion experiment inspired by Walks's efforts in that direction but, when you can get a whole bbq duck out of a window in Chinatown for twelve bucks, I succumb to sloth every time the craving for overcooked waterfowl hits.

Lilith

Quote from: albrecht on July 29, 2019, 09:56:00 PM
Post Master General can still kick butt but the mailmen since outsourcing no more selling stamps on person, carrying mail, C.O.D., and walking the beat have softened up. The agency missed so much by mismanagement and government malfeasance. They COULD'VE jump in, and quick, to the "see something, say something." Be a cop on the beat, in a way, who knows the neighborhood. Can report undesireables etc. Offering cheap banking accounts and debit cards to minorities and those on gov't assistance. They could demand that any legal papers, IRS correspondence, summons, Court documents, etc only be delivered by them. Remit funds for illegals. Etc. They had branches everywhere and a tied in work force (that can't be fired easily and with pensions) but instead of maximizing they PPP, mismanage, outsource to Amazon, etc. And Post Office was one of the few things in the Constitution.

TL;DR

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 29, 2019, 09:54:44 PM
I think your work on the Thanksgiving Dinner was the apex of your Ellgabness.  Like Buzz Aldrin, once you have walked on the moon - what else do you do?

Haha thank you!  There are still people sore over the hundred-or-so pages devoted to it.  The brief foray into floor buffing here a few weeks ago doesn't even come close to an adequate revenge.

Lilith

... and 20 seconds    mark.

We have The Chase, strong and clear,  pumping out from pole to freezing pole...

...and everywhere else there is in between.

albrecht

Quote from: brig on July 29, 2019, 09:57:53 PM
TL;DR
You should. Reading is one of the best ways to knowledge. And if a simple paragraph is too hard/long than one needs to go to night school, change the brightness or font settings on your device, or get some stronger lenses.  ;)

albrecht

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 29, 2019, 09:54:44 PM
Punch some dude who says you never walked on moon made Thanksgiving dinner?

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 29, 2019, 09:59:07 PM
Haha thank you!  There are still people sore over the hundred-or-so pages devoted to it.  The brief foray into floor buffing here a few weeks ago doesn't even come close to an adequate revenge.

Well that still leaves over 7,200+ pages of 360 degree, mental illness over there.  I would hope that would be enough!?!

Lilith

Brand new servers folks.

Making sure she has her ducks in a row, speaking of burnt duck dinner.

Lilith

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 29, 2019, 10:03:06 PM
Well that still leaves over 7,200+ pages of 360 degree, mental illness over there.  I would hope that would be enough!?!

Their pages over there only have half as many posts per page by default as compared to BellGab, if I recall correctly.

ie:  it took two pages over there, to equal one page over here.

Have they changed it?

albrecht

Quote from: brig on July 29, 2019, 10:03:11 PM
Brand new servers folks.

Making sure she has her ducks in a row, speaking of burnt duck dinner.
K_Dubb and those NW trendy hipster chef types would likely have some weird concoction of an Asian-Russian fusion bent with "ducks in a roe." Likely not kosher but likely tasty. 

K_Dubb

Quote from: Walks_At_Night on July 29, 2019, 10:03:06 PM

Hahaha so help me it is.  I was testing the theory whereby you can turn a Sherman tank by repeatedly tossing pebbles under the same track.  You can but, once you run out of pebbles, it just lumbers on in the previous direction.

Lilith

The question of the night for the show..

If there were no rules, what would you do?

Lilith

40 second broadcast delay.

Dump button engaged.

Quote from: brig on July 29, 2019, 10:05:26 PM
Their pages over there only have half as many posts per page by default as compared to BellGab, if I recall correctly.

ie:  it took two pages over there, to equal one page over here.

Have they changed it?

Never thought about it.  Dunno.  What I do know is that there is a Master's Thesis for a head shrinker wanna be in that thread.
The Bart has played his cards with some skill to drive attention to other threads but to no real avail.  He's keeps getting called while holding a busted flush.    I, in a very small way, have not helped that situation either. 😇

K_Dubb

Quote from: albrecht on July 29, 2019, 10:07:23 PM
K_Dubb and those NW trendy hipster chef types would likely have some weird concoction of an Asian-Russian fusion bent with "ducks in a roe." Likely not kosher but likely tasty.

Tortuous pun of the night!

Lilith

This is funny, Erinn was talking about the Equifax situation just the other day.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 29, 2019, 10:14:40 PM
Tortuous pun of the night!
I recall there was a thread/time sometime with them. Yes, you types don't like them.  ;) But I do. Like Limericks. Keep it simple stupid. Less is more. (Unless political or religious thinking.)

Heather: "is life ever safe." "In Canandia"

Lilith

I agree,  "safe" is an illusion.

albrecht

Quote from: brig on July 29, 2019, 10:17:48 PM
This is funny, Erinn was talking about the Equifax situation just the other day.
LAPD, OPM, SEALl Teams, etc been done. Not good but government and contractors still want databases and "online." So......

Catsmile

# Heater Changed Her Servers.
# 192K, 44,100Hz .MP3
# 64K, 24,000Hz .MP3
# Sounding Okay, So Far.
# 64K Strean Running @ 22,050Hz, Brickwalled @ 11,025Hz.
# Odd The Player Shows 64K Stream @ 24,000Hz.

K_Dubb

So the open lines topic is what device are you listening on and how does it sound?  I'd prefer back surgery stories, honestly.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 29, 2019, 08:03:34 PM
I think he turned the frequency down so low on whatever garbage enhancement he was using that nobody could hear him any more.

heh heh

The world's first sub-audible radio show. All the ads seem like they're targeted to whales.

Wells' Whales.

albrecht

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 29, 2019, 10:27:36 PM
So the open lines topic is what device are you listening on and how does it sound?  I'd prefer back surgery stories, honestly.
Well, not surgery per se but keep that border open. Heads, or faces, aren't enough, apparently.  NSFW, BG, or humanity so don't click.

http://www.borderlandbeat.com/2019/07/ecatepec-estado-de-mexico-depraved.html

Lilith

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 29, 2019, 10:27:36 PM

ikr?

First she said the topic was, "If there were no rules, what would you do"?  Then she said "Anything Goes"  Then she said as you noted above...

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: K_Dubb on July 29, 2019, 08:56:23 PM
Nice quote!

I still don't buy it but it's fun looking for evidence, which I assume was MV's point in picking it.

I don't pick the quotes, buuuddy. But that one was a hoot.

albrecht

Quote from: Liberace! on July 29, 2019, 10:27:43 PM
heh heh

The world's first sub-audible radio show. All the ads seem like they're targeted to whales.

Wells' Whales.
I'm outta the loop, it appears. We talking "whales"  in the Vegas term or "whales" in the term, sorry for sexism, larger gals?