• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

The Blitz

Started by Heather Wade, June 25, 2015, 09:39:54 PM

nbirnes

Quote from: SaucyRossy on July 12, 2015, 09:46:31 PM

You keep making those firefly/serenity references and it makes me love ya more and more.

Here's the announcement link!
https://www.reddit.com/r/Paranormal/comments/3d34i2/announcement_upcoming_rparanormal_ama_art_bell/

Well, we're going to be working together, so that will help. At first. Gonna make a movie!

NXOEED

Okay, here we go. Here are those doubles and handbills, along with the original poster.....

What about Art doing some autograph contest with twitter or something?

pate

I've been stapling the 'negatized' version around, it came out pretty good...

Stick 'em on street poles where they face traffic that is sitting at a red light...

That's what I used the Full Sheets for.

I staple the half-sheets on the sidewalk side of the pole.

Gave a friend of mine at an independent bookstore (he said he wants to join The Scorpion Army! heh) a stack of the quarter-sheet handbills, and a few full sheets.

Also have handed out half-sheets to random people, amazingly most have heard of Art Bell...

a dozen each of the full, half and quarter sheets set me back about $5 at Kinko's/FedEx.  And I am officially out of them now, need to drop another $5 (maybe I'll do two-dozen of each this time around...)

Blahbity

NXOEED

I think NXOEED's MitD Handbill Campaign could make a great documentary subject all on its own. Going against contemporary trends (and even Art's exhortations) to ride social media hard to promote the new show, this Arizona maverick print artist hand drew and lettered a stark retro-punk poster that was designed to be stapled to light polls, taped inside storefront windows, and, most radically, placed personally into the hands of people. 

The result has been a recharge of existing fans' excitement, and perhaps the impetus for the creation of new Art Bell fans.

What NXOEED demonstrates, in no small way, is the literal power of art.

nbirnes

Quote from: Étouffée on July 13, 2015, 12:05:16 AM
I think NXOEED's MitD Handbill Campaign could make a great documentary subject all on its own. Going against contemporary trends (and even Art's exhortations) to ride social media hard to promote the new show, this Arizona maverick print artist hand drew and lettered a stark retro-punk poster that was designed to be stapled to light polls, taped inside storefront windows, and, most radically, placed personally into the hands of people. 

The result has been a recharge of existing fans' excitement, and perhaps the impetus for the creation of new Art Bell fans.

We're going to talk about this very thing on Bella-Haven in just an hour. It started last night, and now footage from the mass plastering of the planet must start coming in. Put a Vine film of yourself and your poster or posterings. Get people to point to it and take their photo.

Of course, figure out what Vine is and register there.

nbirnes

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on July 12, 2015, 11:28:08 PM
What about Art doing some autograph contest with twitter or something?

How would you shape it up? Speaking of up, if you're up tonight, come over to Bella-Haven for tunes now, strategy later:

http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat

NXOEED

wow this really touched me. Thank you so much.

Quote from: nbirnes on July 13, 2015, 12:09:02 AM
How would you shape it up? Speaking of up, if you're up tonight, come over to Bella-Haven for tunes now, strategy later:

http://bellahaven.paranormal.chat

Hell, it would be as simple as people posting a vine or pics on twitter of them promoting show. Then Art could spend two minutes printing out 5 of these promo images, signing them, and dropping them in the mail box. Keith or someone could select them.

nbirnes

Quote from: Royal_Tenenbaum on July 13, 2015, 12:16:50 AM
Hell, it would be as simple as people posting a vine or pics on twitter of them promoting show. Then Art could spend two minutes printing out 5 of these promo images, signing them, and dropping them in the mail box. Keith or someone could select them.

Nice. Very nice. We can give a shout-out to Keith about it tonight.

phrodo

OK - I "embellished" on the earlier image and made poster sized prints for whoever wants to post in less "progressive" areas.

Added the QR code too on a version - so you can use it if you want..

pate

I forgot to mention that the nice lady at Kinko's/FedEx told me that .pdf is the best format for digital printing?

Perhaps some .pdf versions of all the stuff?  (I don't have anything that converts to .pdf)

phrodo

Quote from: pate on July 13, 2015, 12:37:54 AM
I forgot to mention that the nice lady at Kinko's/FedEx told me that .pdf is the best format for digital printing?

Perhaps some .pdf versions of all the stuff?  (I don't have anything that converts to .pdf)

Ask and ye shall receive---- MITD2 is plain - MITD3 is with QR code.

phrodo

And here's B&W versions of the QR code one -- also added a .png version - works best for newsprint.

I second this emotion.

NXOEED is the real deal.

SaucyRossy

UPDATE
THE AMA HAS BEEN MOVED TO THE OFFICIAL IAMA SUBREDDIT

It is still scheduled for the same day and time. Tuesday, July 14th, at 6:30 pm eastern/ 3:30 pm pacificIt will be added to the calendar on the IAMA sub soon. Thank you for your feedback and patience. It is better to have it on the official IAMA sub being that they do have 8.6 million subscribers. https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/

PLEASE TWEET/FACEBOOK THE DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION OF THIS AMA TO AS MANY PEOPLE AS POSSIBLE. THANKS!

NXOEED

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 13, 2015, 01:41:27 AM
I second this emotion.

NXOEED is the real deal.

I don't know what to say. You guys are awesome. You made my morning.

NXOEED

I have another blitz-related thing I'm doing this Friday. It's probably only of interest to people in Phoenix, but if any of you happen to be nearby, you're welcome to join in.

I've been hiding my paintings around the city for decades for anybody who's interested in finding them. I know it's lame, but I have fun doing it, it keeps my kids interested in art-related activities, and it's a lot more fun than standing around in a gallery and talking to people who walk in and pretend they give a crap.

This Friday, I'll begin releasing a series of inter-dimensional beings throughout the city. Clues to their whereabouts have already been hidden within the MITD poster we've been circulating. There's a secret in it. Study it and you may find our inter-dimensional friends.

I'll be releasing one every several hours between July 18 at 8:00 PM up to the hour before Art hits the airwaves on July 20. Every one you find is yours to keep. If you live in or around Phoenix and are interested in playing along, clues and images will be posted on the Facebook event page:

https://www.facebook.com/events/1025778744114063/

Jackstar

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 01:03:24 PM
TEAM: get your questions ready for Art's AMA on Reddit at 6:30pm ET tomorrow. We can even start sharing questions we want answered now!

Is it a portal?

chefist

6WeekTenure has some great suggestions for using Reddit...here is what not to do...

Don't do this: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/p9a1v/im_woody_harrelson_ama

Here is what to do:

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/2a5vg8/i_am_buzz_aldrin_engineer_american_astronaut_and/

So post some good questions for us to look at...I'm going back to edit mine given this criteria from 6Week.

chefist

Possible Question:

You have been in radio since an early age, starting with HAM, then a radio engineer, genre introducing talk show host, hugely successful syndication, hall of fame...how has all that experience and passion led to creating a completely alternative web based talk show format and do you think this type of show will be the norm in the future?

SciFiAuthor

Over the course of your career, what is your favorite open lines call.

chefist

You have often said that time travel is one of your favorite topics to cover, if you could choose a time and place to time travel to, where and when would it be? Any famous people you would like to meet?

Chine

Funyuns just tweeted my Aliens and Funyuns cartoon! No, they're asking me questions. I'm totally going to Blitz them.

Jackstar

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on July 13, 2015, 02:01:23 PM
Over the course of your career, what is your favorite open lines call.

Quote from: chefist on July 13, 2015, 02:17:14 PM
You have often said that time travel is one of your favorite topics to cover, if you could choose a time and place to time travel to, where and when would it be? Any famous people you would like to meet?

Quote from: Jackstar on July 13, 2015, 01:42:00 PM
Would it be a mean baby??

chefist

Quote from: Chine on July 13, 2015, 02:27:25 PM
Funyuns just tweeted my Aliens and Funyuns cartoon! No, they're asking me questions. I'm totally going to Blitz them.
LOL Awesome Chine! OMG someone tell Nancy!

Chine

Yes! First Tommy Lee of Motley Crüe responds to a tweet of mine. Now this! God, I love Twitter.