• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

Jimmy Church

Started by mikealden, January 27, 2014, 09:37:07 PM

Honestly who cares about how many twitter followers a radio show has, much less real or fake? WTF? This has to be the stupidest, most petty attack on anyone I have ever heard.

Am I missing something?

McPhallus

Quote from: RealCool Daddio on July 05, 2014, 11:32:24 AM
He did?  Do you remember the user name?

We were speaking hypothetically.  But knowing Noory and crew and PremRat, who knows....

Bart Ell

Quote from: Keep Rock Evil on July 05, 2014, 05:32:40 PM
This has to be the stupidest, most petty attack on anyone I have ever heard.

Am I missing something?
Besides the fact that you are probably reading it and not hearing it?

McPhallus

Quote from: Keep Rock Evil on July 05, 2014, 05:32:40 PM
Honestly who cares about how many twitter followers a radio show has, much less real or fake? WTF? This has to be the stupidest, most petty attack on anyone I have ever heard.

Am I missing something?

I think the point here is that Jimmy is trying to crawl up Art's ass.

Quote from: Camazotz Automat on July 05, 2014, 07:30:08 AM

I notice my personal message outbox is full of sexually explicit emails to Unscreened Caller.

I didn't do that crap.

Hey now!!!!

I nominate this for the Most Entertaining Bellgab Thread of the Week. This is a blast.

bateman

Quote from: McPhallus on July 05, 2014, 05:37:11 PM
I think the point here is that Jimmy is trying to crawl up Art's ass.

After those "dream team" photoshops, can erotic fanfic be far behind?

Stranger929

Quote from: jazmunda on July 05, 2014, 07:06:19 AM
Why would someone buy followers to a podcast who have no interest in said podcast and are not likely to buy any products you sell or advertise?

Is there some popularity contest amongst the DMRN folks and the winner gets to pretend he's taking over Art's job?

Internet advertising.  Or more to the point, the failure of internet advertising. The more followers the higher the rate, in theory anyway.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: Stranger929 on July 05, 2014, 07:50:49 PM
Internet advertising.  Or more to the point, the failure of internet advertising. The more followers the higher the rate, in theory anyway.

It also gives the general appearance of relevance.

From a fan board that generally talks about Art never coming back or even worse crap, who gives a shit if Jimmy attempts/crawls/smells/anything into Art's ass? He does a show on DMR, its well done, and he is trying to get his name out there. Good for him, I could care less.. DMR isnt just for the select few that come here to coast/bellgab, stop acting like its just for our entertainment. We need to get the word out for all the shows to get more exposure.

You want to act like pussy-boys (and girls)? Bicker about little shit, but most of you are grown adults and should know that getting your name out there for a radio show is hard.. You need to fake it till you make it, and if the guy takes his time to talk on your board? He is doing 100% more work that most of the critics here.

No I'm not Jimmy nor anyone broadcasting, but I know that this is crap. 

P.S. "Oh hey did you hear Art Bell quit?" .. just stop it you immature fucks.

zeebo

Quote from: Keep Rock Evil on July 05, 2014, 09:51:17 PM
From a fan board that generally talks about Art never coming back or even worse crap, who gives a shit if Jimmy attempts/crawls/smells/anything into Art's ass? He does a show on DMR, its well done, and he is trying to get his name out there. Good for him ...

I for one think he's got a pretty good show, and couldn't care less if he's gaming the system.   People have been manipulating social media and search engines and the like for a long time.  As for whether he's riding Art's coattails or whatever, if Art gives a damn I'm sure he'd smack him down for it, otherwise who cares.  Just keep the interesting Noory-alternative content a-comin' Jimmy.

Catsmile

From a fan board that generally talks about Art never coming back or even worse crap, who gives a shit if Jimmy attempts/crawls/smells/anything into Art's ass? He does a show on DMR, its well done, and he is trying to get his name out there. Good for him, I could care less.. DMR isnt just for the select few that come here to coast/bellgab, stop acting like its just for our entertainment. We need to get the word out for all the shows to get more exposure.

You want to act like pussy-boys (and girls)? Bicker about little shit, but most of you are grown adults and should know that getting your name out there for a radio show is hard.. You need to fake it till you make it, and if the guy takes his time to talk on your board? He is doing 100% more work that most of the critics here.

Damn! Art quit when dat happen?

Quote from: cweb on July 05, 2014, 07:35:11 PM
enjoy.

I did--thanks!  That was very nicely done.  I listen to a streaming comedy station--dementedradio.com--that plays all kinds of crazy stuff, and they occasionally play a hilarious audio mashup of Kirk and Spock yearning to go where neither has gone before. 

BTW, did anyone ever see the Star Trek/"White Rabbit" video mashup?  It was brilliant, especially since they had scenes from the episode where someone' imagination conjured up Alice and the White Rabbit, but unfortunately it was taken down for copyright violation a few years ago.

No I'm not even mad, Im just amazed that while we count down the days while Art comes back we have people pooping on those that are trying to fill in the gap.

Shit I've only heard a few of Jimmy's shows, but I have seen countless asshole comments about everyone else, especially Art on this board.

I can understand crapping on Hoagland but lets not beat up our own.

onan

Quote from: MV on July 05, 2014, 09:05:43 PM
It also gives the general appearance of relevance.

OK, really, podcast and relevance... in the same sentence?

bateman

Quote from: onan on July 05, 2014, 11:07:00 PM

I'll have you know that I get all my news from the GabCast.

onan

Quote from: bateman on July 05, 2014, 11:33:09 PM

Well, we are the exception to the rule.

jazmunda

Quote from: bateman on July 05, 2014, 11:33:09 PM

I'm glad your world view is contained to things that piss b_dubb and onan off and the goings on inside my bathroom.

Catsmile

Oh my, all the shenanigans going on as of late.
The show should be renamed Faded on Crack.   :o

MV/Liberace!

And a good day to you, sir.

MV/Liberace!

Quote from: onan on July 05, 2014, 11:07:00 PM

Point taken.

popple

Fake it until you make it! You'll never get called out, no one will ever get upset & nothing bad can happen

http://youtu.be/4iQQEvlt158

http://youtu.be/lGJMi2C3Tng
Gurrrrrrl I'm gonna miss yewwwwww ♫♪♫

McPhallus

Why so serious?  Jimmy (and many of the other shows) already have their share of sycophants and promoters.  Criticism will cause them to make better shows, should they choose to listen.  And hopefully keep them honest. 

The General

Quote from: Keep Rock Evil on July 05, 2014, 10:17:13 PM
....I can understand crapping on Hoagland....
Ok, we can all agree on that.

MV/Liberace!

From now on, when I see Church, my brain is going to replace it with Chuuch for about .4 seconds.

Quote from: Unscreened Caller on July 05, 2014, 05:49:47 PM
Hey now!!!!

I nominate this for the Most Entertaining Bellgab Thread of the Week. This is a blast.

Then WHY won't you answer all 137 messages I sent?

Leaving a man in suspense, he becomes a scarecrow - spinning in the wind in the banned cornfield ... an outcast weather vane. No longer human.

With no real twitter followers.

Can someone see how many of noorys followers are fake?