• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

20150818 - Father Jack Ashcraft - Live Chat Thread

Started by MV/Liberace!, August 18, 2015, 08:07:34 PM

flimflam384

Yeah, you lose me when you say Adam or Noah were literally real as the Bible described.

aldousburbank

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 18, 2015, 10:26:09 PM
Los Angeles can beat NYC's butt in terms of the number of resident demons and zombies.
Yeah but if you can make it as a zombie in NYC you can make it anywhere.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: albrecht on August 18, 2015, 10:26:11 PM
True, though, at least to me, he was leaning very much that way. And he did do ghostwriting (in addition to his novels...and their "keys")  and had much commentary in his own name against much of the stuff. But you are correct that, even with Art and others he never did go that far....maybe never had a chance though ;)

He was a divisive figure, but a sede vacantist must necessarily dump the current pope and leave the Roman Catholic Church. Martin never did that, or the Jesuits would have defrocked him. They didn't, they said he died a Jesuit in good standing.

Bradsmith313

For one -- and I'm a Deist -- I like Pope Francis . . . .

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 18, 2015, 10:28:02 PM
Reader's Digest verison, the Byzantines are Catholics who follow primarily Orthodox rites but accept the authority of the Pope.  Byzantines are in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church. 

This guy doesn't sound Byzantine, does he?

That's Eastern Catholicism which use the Orthodox/Byzantine rite. This guy is a member of the Byzantine Catholic Church, which is not in communion with Rome or the Orthodoxy. In fact, for all I know, he may be the only member.

He's got that dull NPR non-modulated voice going on...

Zenman

Quote from: starrmtn001 on August 18, 2015, 10:27:41 PM
Dag nabbit Aldous.  Ya made me spray me Red Bull, right through me nose!!!

Yeah, it was apple juice for me, lol.

trostol

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 18, 2015, 10:30:11 PM
That's Eastern Catholicism which use the Orthodox/Byzantine rite. This guy is a member of the Byzantine Catholic Church, which is not in communion with Rome or the Orthodoxy. In fact, for all I know, he may be the only member.

man all those different ..off shoots are hard to follow

Chine

Quote from: RoseGirl on August 18, 2015, 10:27:47 PM
I wonder what the one thing is that determines that a person is possessed and not just a really nasty person?

Fr. Martin goes into great detail on that in his books. Especially, 'Hostage to the Devil'. I recommend it. Fascinating read.

Uncle Duke

Quote from: Dr_Blue on August 18, 2015, 10:26:36 PM
This guy sounds like the painter Bob Ross.

Expecting to hear him talk about "happy demons"?

ChandlersDad

Quote from: SciFiAuthor on August 18, 2015, 10:30:11 PM

Remember Father Dimond?  He was another ultra right wing "Catholic" who did not accept the modern Catholic Church. His monastary was a split level tract house in the suburbs that he shared with his brother. They were the only members of his particular sect.

Dr_Blue

I dont know........... I want to hear the dirt or the never heard before stories. I mean the blow your mind stuff, not the sexual crimes.

starrmtn001

Quote from: Zenman on August 18, 2015, 10:30:57 PM
Yeah, it was apple juice for me, lol.
Yes, but I got the extra thrill  of carbonation. ;D

Gumby, Dammit

Quote from: Bradsmith313 on August 18, 2015, 10:28:55 PM
For one -- and I'm a Deist -- I like Pope Francis . . . .
And jock-itch. You like jock-itch too. Right?

RoseGirl

Quote from: Chine on August 18, 2015, 10:31:47 PM
Fr. Martin goes into great detail on that in his books. Especially, 'Hostage to the Devil'. I recommend it. Fascinating read.

I will pick it up...thanks Chine.

Chine

Quote from: QuantumMystics on August 18, 2015, 10:30:29 PM
He's got that dull NPR non-modulated voice going on...

Yep.  But mostly sounds like Billy Baldwin too. Alec's younger brother.

munbeam666

Quote from: Uncle Duke on August 18, 2015, 10:28:02 PM
Reader's Digest verison, the Byzantines are Catholics who follow primarily Orthodox rites but accept the authority of the Pope.  Byzantines are in full communion with the Roman Catholic Church. 

This guy doesn't sound Byzantine, does he?
Do Byzantines have more in common with the Orthodox Church?

aldousburbank

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 18, 2015, 10:32:28 PM
Remember Father Dimond?  He was another ultra right wing "Catholic" who did not accept the modern Catholic Church. His monastary was a split level tract house in the suburbs that he shared with his brother. They were the only members of his particular sect.
Dave Ferry style.

SciFiAuthor

Quote from: ChandlersDad on August 18, 2015, 10:32:28 PM

Yep, he totally fooled Dave. I accidentally came across that guy's youtube videos once. Holy crap what a nut.

Wow, I want to advertise on DMRN if they shill this hard. I've heard more about this movie than any other film this year combined and now Leo is doing personal shilling lol. I wonder how much it is to advertise on the show?

RoseGirl

Lol....imagine Dave interviewing this guest, he'd be asking...'so, is holy water...like, really holy'?