• Welcome to BellGab.com Archive.

seeking referrals for books on these topics

Started by Minni, April 09, 2013, 09:47:09 PM

Minni

Hi, I'm seeking books worthwhile for me to read, based on my topics of interests (see further down) though I suspect the vast majority of members don't share my interests. I browsed the long-ago thread listing favorite books, but many of the books listed on that thread didn't seem of interest to me.

For example, I had bought "The Field" but had been finding it quite above my head.

btw, I read the books Body Electric & Cross Currents by Dr.Becker, and those were also over my head (dry reading), but worth it due to how educational they were.
For example, it fascinatingly explained an alternative method of sedation (other than drugs) between the poles of a "C" magnet, achieving instant sedation. (Dr.Becker rigged up something attached to said magnet)

In other words, I like books which are educational, but if they're very hard for a laywoman like me to follow, then they really have to be worthwhile.

Samples of what interests me:

layman-friendly books geared to those in acute chronic pain
    anyone with multiple sclerosis cured via MSC stem cells & lasers
    what a money-free and telepathic-communication and free-energy and humanBody-repair-clinics world might be like (all in one book)
    how the world is botched up by authoritarians & elitists (but only if the book is not overly complex)
    end times prophecies (if genuine/fascinating)
    Nassim Haramein was an interesting guest
    Non-fiction astral travel (if fascinating & enlightening)
    Non-fiction re: what it's like to be various angels (if such exists)
What doesn't interest me:

astronomy/math/physics
    finance
    signs of spiritual waking (my life stamped it out & toxins zapped Pineal
    reincarnation (i read enough; now seeking other topics)
    ghosts/UFO's
    murder, assassinations, wars, terrorism (boring to me)
    get nervous re: ouija & exorcisms (I once read People Of The Lie)
I should emphasize that the above are just samples of my interests, as a guide to the sort of recommendations I'm seeking.

Thanks.

The General

Not much I can recommend, but here goes.....

how the world is botched up by authoritarians & elitists (but only if the book is not overly complex)
Animal Farm, Brave New World, and Fahrenheit 451 are three of my favorite books, but you've probably already read them.  If not, you'll enjoy them.  And if so, they're always good to re-read.  Or, were you more interested in non-fiction? 

end times prophecies (if genuine/fascinating)
Hard to go wrong with the Bible.  I'm not particularly religious, but it's a fascinating read, if understood.  I got an interlinear bible, it has the original text in one column, and the direct plain english translation in the adjacent column. 

The other book I've really enjoyed lately is "The Roman Mind."  Don't know if it would appeal to you, but it was really fascinating to me.

Juan

I didn't find Dr. Becker's books overly complex, so I wonder if you might not need to do some more basic science reading.  I don't have suggestions for that, though.

As for UFOs, you might find them interesiting if you find used copies of Donald Keyhoe's books.  He was a former Marine who led NICAP - which was a leading UFO investigative organization in the 50s and 60s.  Unlike some of today's books, his thoroughly document the sightings.

As for Animal Farm, Brave New World, etc.  it's interesting to me that Huxley seemed to nail today's slacker totalitarian culture better than Orwell.

BobGrau

Quote from: Minni on April 09, 2013, 09:47:09 PM

...what a money-free and telepathic-communication and free-energy and humanBody-repair-clinics world might be like...

The science fiction "Culture" novels of Iain M. Banks are well worth a read, or at least read:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Culture

Minni

Thanks! I read the summaries and/or reviews of Animal Farm, Brave New World & Banks' books. I wish I'd have read Animal Farm when I was young, since the book would have taught me what people are really like, and that way i might have become less disillusioned. At this stage, though, i'm seeking material relating to where i'm at now and future potentialities.

As for the other books, when I was referring to "money-free, telepathy, free-energy & repair-clinics", I didn't quite have in mind the type of world that's like a regimented sanitary sanitorium.

Rather, I'm seeking literature based on real-life experiences of those who may have been professionals in the fields of medicine, physics or engineering, but also with the inborn ability to tap into ESP enough to have combined their real-life experience with the description of how a world could be made vibrant (not robotic, not unnatural SciFi clinics which depress me. After all, so many patients who currently goes to China for stem cell repair, talks about the red-carpet treatment they offer there, as compared to the socialized U.S. system).

So what I have in mind as "futuristic" is more along the lines of:

having humane high-tech, with personnel at clinics intensely trained in empathy-training
    in conjunction with on-screen detailed anatomical views of human body, so patients can visualize pictorial proof of detox & repair (by referring to "Week-1, Week-2, Week-3 detailed pics.
    finally, when/if everyone is healed, the clinics would basically be maintenance, rather than repair
    P.S. in such a world, people would be enabled to stimulate their Pineal glands to enter altered consciousness whenever they feel the need for a "vacation from current consciousness". Compare that to my own dark world, where my body is wracked with pain from toxins & parasites, and no recourse, since my Pineal is damaged from heavy metals.
For example see this ROFES system:
http://rofes.ru/en/projects/rofes/index.html
(though whether it depicts body toxins i'm not sure)

then there's L.I.F.E. system:

New & Exciting 2011 LIFE Software Interface

given the capabilities the ROFES and/or LIFE softwares already have, why shouldn't they possibly in future hone in on areas of toxins & parasites in the body? After which mesenchymal stem cells can be targeted to precise areas of pathology?

Some more examples of what interests me:

Dr.Botkin EMDR (the Botkin Youtube video's don't work on my slow connection).
    The pyramids are supposed to have high energy at their pinnacle but only because they're constructed at a specific ratio. But I also know there's phenomenon such as Gravity Hill in PA (and California & elsewhere). So perhaps the anti-gravity of some of those hills is because the angles of their incline, mimick the ratio which the high energy pyramids have? At this point, those of you with high IQ might respond with math logic, at which point i'll have lost you, because I'm not such a  linear thinker.
Basically, I appreciate reading material which is not drawn out facts (since that appeals to High IQs). Instead, while I appreciate some detail for clarity, I'd enjoy an eclectic collection which discusses world mysteries in an interesting way. I' also might enjoy novels or non-fiction from the perspectives of people who may have observed various types of angelic intervention during their astral travels. Stuff like that. I'll go out on a limb & say that, believe it or not, I most of all enjoy Evelyn Paglini, since she acknowledges the topic of bad luck & hexes, both of which i've been an extreme victim of. For this very reason, I really empathize with victims of either mind control or possession (but I prefer avoiding books on those topics, since i'm alone & ill, so my emotions can't handle it.)

(btw, did you know Iain Banks is in advanced stage of liver cancer? I'm convinced it's due to his years of prolonged exposure to computer EMFs which emit from both high ghz processors and from bright screens. He described backache which turned out to be his gallbladder. Well, that's exactly what I used to feel with a certain horrible Samsung monitor I used to have)

BobGrau

Quote from: Minni link=topic=4153.msg110266#msg110266 date=1365632801

size=0.7em](btw, did you know Iain Banks is in advanced stage of liver cancer? I'm convinced it's due to his years of prolonged exposure to computer EMFs which emit from both high ghz processors and from bright screens. He described backache which turned out to be his gallbladder. Well, that's exactly what I used to feel with a certain horrible Samsung monitor I used to have)[/size]

Yeah, he just announced it last week - that's why he was on my mind when I read your earlier post. It's a damn shame.

coaster

Quote from: Minni on April 09, 2013, 09:47:09 PM

Non-fiction astral travel (if fascinating & enlightening)
Robert Monroe wrote some interesting books on astral travel. Journeys Out Of The Body and Far Journeys. Both really good reads imo.

Minni, in the category of "how the world is botched up", I'd put Why We Hate Us (by Dick Meyer)... it was an interesting take on how pop culture has become a toxic brew of rancor and unpleasantness. 

onan

I get real annoyed by junk science. What is a toxin? I mean I know what toxins are, such as venom, petroleum products and byproducts. I get the feeling however that the usage here is more along the lines of the toxins the body produces. And yeah the body does produce some stinky stuff... all of our bodies... all of the time... even after death. But that is what bodies do. Cellular respiration has its consequences.
There is no perfect diet, no specific nutritional supplement package to alleviate shit. We all do it every hour every day. There are few if any "perfect" bodies. Most people hit a level of homeostasis that has them comfortable for decades... some are not so lucky. Even those that are at the pinnacle of homeostatic perfection probably have some area that is performing less than perfectly. Chasing the "I can get everything right" plan is a fool's errand.
Using some form of MRI, CT, or PET can give lots of information most of it irrelevant, and much too costly in the overall, unless there is a suspected pathology.
As to ROFES and LIFE... well to each their own... every minute another is born. EMDR does seem to have relevance in treating PTSD... I haven't read much about it. And to add if one is invested in a treatment program, if they believe in it and have realistic expectations that program can be of benefit. To some degree everything works... I don't understand it either.
The last comment I have is kind of persnickety. I am not sure why anyone would claim to be limited in their reasoning then respond with such diligence. Not that I mind diligence... just observing.

ChewMouse

Minni, your reference to being an "extreme victim" of "bad luck and hexes" (in addition to the parasites and toxins thing) is a marker to me that it's not a book you need, but some sort of outside professional help. Unless you live in a completely isolated community, such help can be found at a rate you can afford. I don't necessarily mean medication, by the way.

I mean no unkindness here, but your description of the book you seek is so entirely outlined that I sense, perhaps, it's something you want to write yourself. If so, do it. But all of those details about what you won't read ("...not drawn out facts") cause me to sense that all is not what it appears here, that it's a bit disingenuous.

Either way, best of luck.

Minni

To coaster & West, thanks! I'll browse the reviews next chance I get.

Now for my responses to the last 2 posts. Each of you has been responding on the basis of a hairsbreadth percent of one-percent of knowledge of my experiences [even if one of you fancies yourself well-intentioned]. Yet, as listeners [and critics of] C2C, may I assume you consider yourselves scientific? If so, do you consider your responses & advice scientific?  8)

Yet it's not surprising, since it's quite easy for the culture of the Net to spread like wildfire, and its absolute main culture (thru which some participants derive supreme fun) has been to make superficial assumptions about faceless strangers, usually bandying outworn cliches picked up from a failed society. It never ceases to amaze me. I guess that's why it's called "going viral" since it's the most toxic virus of all.

onan, you appear to be born under an obscure constellation named "Reverse Psychology".

On that basis, may I presume to treat you to a riddle?
Anyone here is welcome to solve it as well.

My Riddle:
You profess alot of both conventional & alternative medical knowledge.
But there's one primary field of medical knowledge which I bet you're the absolute most savvy in. Can anyone guess which that would be? (again, on the basis of onan's propensity toward reverse psychology...

P.S. And here's another persnickety riddle in response to the persnickety comment:
Why would someone with non-linear thinking be good at chess but bad at math? You may find the answer if you research the www (i'm too lazy for that)

The General

Did I miss your riddle? 

A riddle is supposed to have a veiled meaning, or a double meaning, and is supposed to be a solvable puzzle.  If you're just going to say that Onan is a proctologist or something like that, then it's not really a riddle.  It's just a two part insult. 

Minni

Quote from: The General on April 10, 2013, 10:02:32 PM
Did I miss your riddle? 

A riddle is supposed to have a veiled meaning, or a double meaning, and is supposed to be a solvable puzzle.  If you're just going to say that Onan is a proctologist or something like that, then it's not really a riddle.  It's just a two part insult.
Nope - the answer to the riddle is absolutely not an insult.
Rather it's quite cute. Trust me on that.
It just requires viewing the above, applying non-linear thinking.

Sorta similar to solving this, based on the info presented.
The below represents a phrase - what is the phrase?
_______
|          |
| JACK  |
|______|

onan

I was born under a roof of a hospital. Believe what you want. I am just saying most of what you posted is junk science. It has as much relevance to health as reading Ann Landers (yeah she is dead which gives my point more meaning).
I really don't care if you think I am a jack in the box or that I don't know jack... I am not sure what you mean. I do know that if you can't be direct in your statement then you lack a spine or you think you're clever, maybe both.
I am not going to play riddle me this with you. I have no ill will toward you. I think what you posted is filled with superstition and junk science.
Although your reaction to my use of persnickety may suggest a bit of schizoaffective disorder. I am not sure I would consider your posts disorganized but they are a bit tangential... you do the www dance.

McPhallus

But you put so much work into making the riddle to begin with....

Sorry, but you haven't been here long enough to play such games.  Who are you?

Quote from: Minni on April 10, 2013, 09:54:59 PM
Why would someone with non-linear thinking be good at chess but bad at math? You may find the answer if you research the www (i'm too lazy for that)

onan

Quote from: McPhallus on April 11, 2013, 09:54:52 AM
But you put so much work into making the riddle to begin with....

Sorry, but you haven't been here long enough to play such games.  Who are you?

This will probably be my last post on this... But comparing chess playing and math skills is like comparing figure skating and shoe making.

The two have some dovetailed connections but in reality have little to do with each other. Math is a quantifiable skill. Chess is at best subjectively measurable.

I can play 10 games with my neighbor and win all of them. Does that make me a good chess player or my neighbor a bad player? If Veselin Topalov lost 5 games in a row to Ruslan Ponomariov would Veselin be a bad chess player?

Why someone is good at something has so many facets to it. It all doesn't come down to some diagnosis or what sign you are born under.

Minni

Quote from: onan on April 11, 2013, 04:19:50 PM

This will probably be my last post on this...
what a relief since none of your posts had actually answered my OP.

...and the answer to the riddle is nano-tech (the reverse of onan is nano)
get it? Reverse psychology.  8)

(and that's the cue for mcphallus & company to respond on behalf of onan, "what a pathetic blah-blah..." no doubt you'll dredge up plenty to fill in the blanks with.

All that trouble just because I wanted some good reading material. Now if only I could find a list of books recommended by Ian of C2C, complete with descriptions, that might have helped.

...well, what do you know, just now I came across some archived C2C pages which may prove helpful for reading material. It also reminded me that I found Kathrine Albrecht a fascinating guest.

So it's time for me to call it quits, and go on to research those archived sites, since this thread veered off on dizzying tangents anyway.

McPhallus

Quote from: Minni on April 12, 2013, 02:05:12 AM
what a relief since none of your posts had actually answered my OP.

...and the answer to the riddle is nano-tech (the reverse of onan is nano)
get it? Reverse psychology.  8)

(and that's the cue for mcphallus & company to respond on behalf of onan, "what a pathetic blah-blah..." no doubt you'll dredge up plenty to fill in the blanks with.

All that trouble just because I wanted some good reading material. Now if only I could find a list of books recommended by Ian of C2C, complete with descriptions, that might have helped.

Your original post was obtuse, but several people made sincere efforts to help you, despite the fact that you showed up out of nowhere with a complex request.

You should've been more straightforward instead of being so coy.  Just sayin'.